Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+3
Bil
Mrs P Sylar
Wayward Daughter
7 posters

Changeling

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Changeling - Page 10 Empty Re: Changeling

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 12:24

Thanks Smile Sorry, it's on a bit of a hold though, I've lost the inspiration to write again. My muse seems to be highly fickle.

And speaking of RPing, we have Atari in W10 although I've dropped the term changeling. If you'd be interested.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 13:47

That could be fun.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 23:37

I think I'm restarting this Smile
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 23:52

It took a while for me to let go of my shock over Sky’s new presence. It felt like an age. Eventually though, I regained enough self-possession to realise that I shouldn't be the only one who knew about this development. There was a small hope in it, and I needed to share that hope.

At once, I raced back downstairs. I found the kitchen empty and only then realised that the other three had exited it when I had. Unable to wait, I shouted their names out loudly, calling them to return.

“What is it?” Laurel asked as she entered. Seeing her confused expression,  with old trails of a few tears on her cheeks, I was struck suddenly by how strange my change of heart would seem to them.

“It’s Sky,” I stated.

“What about her?” she asked again. There was a now a slight hint of excitement, almost like just the hope of excitement, in her voice.

“What about Sky?!!”

Both Daniel and Nick had asked that question simultaneously, as they came in, seconds after Laurel had spoken.

“It’s complicated... hard to explain.... did you guys know she’d given me her blood? When I’d gotten attacked, and she couldn't heal me because of my immunity....”

They hadn't, that was clear from their faces. The entire story was new to them. But they didn't interrupt by saying so, instead waiting to hear what news I had to impart. The importance I’d placed on it showed that it was much more than an old story.

“It turns out that made me her blood host. I don’t know if that’s just because she had no family, or if it’d happen with any old blood as powerful as her....  anyway. What I'm trying to say is.... that might have saved her. In a way. Sort of. Or it makes saving her a possibility. Because even though they killed her body, she... her spirit or soul or whatever you want to call it, it left her body when she died. And it came to me. I heard her speaking to me earlier.”
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Apr 2014 - 15:15

Within seconds, the incredulity I was sensing from them became overwhelming. The incredulity, the shock, the hope they almost feared to feel.... Nick finally voiced what I was sure all three of them were silently asking.

“Does that mean you can save her?”

The intensity in his question was painful.
    “I think so...”

That hadn’t been what I’d intended to say. I’d meant to shrug, to say I didn’t know or didn’t have a clue, to say that it was a question I couldn’t honestly answer. But I found the claim of my hope expressing itself instead.

“How?”

All three of them must have asked that at the same second. And I didn’t have an answer. I didn’t speak, but they soon realised that the silence – which fell awkwardly and heavily – it spoke instead.

“That doesn’t matter,” Laurel finally pronounced. I could tell the effort it took for her to push Sky’s fate away, though. “We have others things to focus on. We need to plan what we’re going to do now, how things are going to change. After all this.”

Unconsciously she traced her fingers over her own Mark, indicating what she was referring to.

Once more, I didn’t have an answer. The others weren’t looking at me, per say, but I still felt as if they were looking to me, to lead. I wasn’t sure why. Maybe I’d somehow replaced Sky for them, or they were expecting the fragment of her to speak through me.

“Do we even know what we want to do?” Daniel asked. Like Laurel, he too was subconsciously tapping his own new Mark on the back of his wrist. “About this? Do we want to change things back.... or keep them?”

Nick didn’t speak. I could sense the spark of startlement he felt at the words, though, the hint of hope. I could more than guess his answer.

“Be Atari?” was Laurel’s response. “We don’t even know if it’s reversible.”

I shook my head. I wasn't getting any confirmation, positive or negative, from Sky. I was almost getting the perception that she’d been so adamant it’d never happen, she’d never considered how she’d respond if it did occur. Neither of us had any answers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 19:02