Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

Extinction lacking direction? V2 Deja vu anyone?

Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Extinction lacking direction? V2 Deja vu anyone? Empty Extinction lacking direction? V2 Deja vu anyone?

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 1:03

Not sure exactly how to put this, so I'll jump straight in. For anyone who reads or used to read my mini-series "Extinction", I was hoping to guage some opinions on where I have gone wrong. I guess I was disappointed that only two people read the last two chapters that I posted a while back, at the end of which a huge twist is revealed in terms of the plot.

I suppose I took a different approach when writing the second arc, firstly I planned it a lot more than the first. Secondly, I wanted to build up the plot and suspense, and focus more on the characters. I have a hunch that this approach might have been a mistake, since I have lost pretty much all of my readers (except for Lowri and Jakey, who I love and appreciate all the more for sticking with it this far). I always endeavoured to gauge people's thoughts and opinions on the story and their ideas on where it might go, but not many seemed overly bothered about expressing themself (which of course is perfectly reasonable, although I do miss the general talk).

Anyway, to cut a long story short (forgive the pun Shocked), I would ask that anyone who has stuck with it until now to read the latest two chapters, in the hope that you will be enticed to read on by the twist at the end. And please also let me know where I have gone wrong (was it in keeping too much hidden from the reader?)

Thank you for reading this.

MIA

PS I'm aware that part of the reason may lie in my infrequent and unpredictable posting habits, and I guess I can only apologise, because essentially there isn't much I can do about that, everyone has a busy life, and although I love writing, it isn't a big part of mine. I took 4 A-levels, none of them english, and I'm going to Uni to study physics in 3 weeks (gulp!) so I'm sure you can understand. I bet a lot of ppl feel the same way.
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Extinction lacking direction? V2 Deja vu anyone? Empty Re: Extinction lacking direction? V2 Deja vu anyone?

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 23:40

Oops dunno why I posted this here.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 13:05