Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

School RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

School RP Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: School RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 23:36

A little uncertainly, Daniel echoed Kylian's kneeling gesture.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 23:49

The King boomed with laughter. Why does everyone always assume I like bowing?! he wondered aloud. He walked over to them, and greeted all three with a kiss on the forehead.

Maybe because you're King? suggested Dani, before she even realised that this was a king after all, and she probably shouldn't try joking.

There was a slight pause before he laughed again. The entire hall seemed to shake. Maybe so, Daughter of Ulysses.

So.. I'm afraid I'm a little bit pushed for time, so if you could hurry things a long a bit?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 23:51

( lol! )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 19 Aug 2012 - 21:03

I've heard about your time problem, he said. Alright, then. I'll "hurry things up a bit".

Dani didn't bother to think about whether she had been rude as she waited anxiously to hear what he was going to say - hopefully he would answer all of the questions she had been asking.

You've been attacked - your Ainsprid tried to kill you and you're seeking asylum, he said, casually. You are allowed to stay within these walls - Son of Torin has told you that they were unbridgeable and he's correct. You will be safe here.

Thank you, she mumbled, even though she knew he wasn't finished, something told her she should get her gratefulness out of the way before she forgot it.

The King nodded and continued pacing up and down in front of them. I also grant you free use to our books and ingredients, should you find an antidote. I have arranged for you an appointment with our best physician to see if there is any help she can offer. But..

"Here comes the but," thought Dani, knowing it had been coming.

I will not allow my people to die for you. He spoke casually, as if he were discussing the weather instead of people's lives. Torinson is an exception - he has chosen his alliance and he shall not be punished for it. But wipe from your minds any hope that my people will lay down their lives and die for you simply to keep you safe for a few hours. I allow you sanctuary within my walls and I allow you access to all of our knowledge, but if you bring war to my people, I will kill you hand you over to the Ainsprid myself.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 19 Aug 2012 - 21:16

( Surprised )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 19 Aug 2012 - 21:25

Dani didn't reply straight away. She couldn't argue with a thing he said. He was being fair - she didn't want any lives lost on her behalf and she didn't want any blood on her hands. It was easy to see his point of view - he was the King. He would help as much as possible, but he wouldn't hand over his army likes lambs for the slaughter and she wouldn't let him. Neither Kylian nor Daniel said anything whilst Dani thought and there was a long silence.

I would never ask your people to die for me, she replied, although she knew it had been something she had been considering - asking them to fight, never to die. Thank you, very much for your kindness.

Aside from our fighting abilities, us Bellators are known for our hospitality and we're fantastic dancers.

Dani spluttered with laughter and he smiled warmly back at her. The old king with wrinkled skin once again kissed all three on the forehead, as a sign that they were dismissed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 19 Aug 2012 - 21:30

( Laughing Smile )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 2:34

The receptionist woman reappeared and showed them to what was meant to be a room, but seemed to be more like an apartment. There were three bedrooms all with an en suite, a lounge and a kitchen complete with dining area. The woman showed them a few features of the room - including the clothes that had been picked out for them by someone and how to work the microwave. She also explained that transport would be ready at a moment's notice. She left afterwards.

You Bellators know how to live! declared Dani as she flew through the air falling backwards on the plush and comfortable sofa.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 10:26

They sure do, he commented, laughing as he watched her practically jumping on the furniture. Then his expression sobered. Do you really believe they'd have a cure for you here?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 10:30

No, she thought. Maybe, she replied, in a much more sober tone. I don't know, I thought they might have a record of our species - anything would be useful, really..
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 10:32

Anything, he nodded glumly. Even when the king had said they'd help but not fight, a voice in his head had been calling that cowardly and abandoning her. He suspected the voice was his inner Guardian.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 10:55

She nodded back. Since none of them had anything else to say, Kylian spoke, Would you like me to call the transport?

Please, nodded Dani. She excused herself for a moment as Kylian went over to call someone to notify them, and left for the bathroom. She rinsed her face and attempted to sort out of her hair, even though she wasn't sure why - why did it matter what her hair looked like? She was dying in less than two days and she cared about her hair! What did that say about her? Just that thought reduced her to tears.

She ran the tap loudly to cover her slight sobs and watched in the mirror as her face turned red and tears ran down it. These tears were only increased when she felt another throb of pain running down her back. She sat down on the marble stone floor for a second, staring around at the beautiful luxury bathroom and thinking about it would be one of the last places she saw. Soon enough, there was a rap on the door from Kylian.
    Danielle? Are you okay?

Yes, she said, unsurely at first. The knocking was her call back to reality and she stopped her tears almost immediately. She picked herself up, once again smoothed her hair and cleaned her face of any tear tracks before she left the room.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 11:03

( School RP Thread - Page 40 183313 )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 11:13

The three walked down to the vehicle and spent the five minute drive staring out the window.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 11:23

Daniel was lost in thought as they were driven, wondering if they'd really find some miracle antidote at the end of the journey, and wondering what they'd do even if they were successful. The Ainsprid still needed fighting. And they had no clue if Greg and Lily and Mark had found the required weapon or not.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 11:32

(Need to get back to them Nod)

The driver informed them that Dani's appointment with the physician was in two hours and he would pick them up then. She thanked him and strode confidently into the library, even though she had absolutely no confidence. A librarian found them all of the books she had considered possibly mentioning the Ainsprid or Ancients and then left them alone with stacks of reading material.

This city is so cool. If I live through this, I'm totally going to see if I can get duel citizenship.

-------

https://chataboutheroes.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=2555
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 22:17

She knew it was stupid, but she was tired, she was in pain and she was pissed. Finding logic at this moment just didn't seem possible. A kick collided with Pravaos, and she smiled weakly. He growled, his rage matching hers, forcing her leg backwards with an ominous crutch. Dani yelped in pain. Maybe this would be more sensible if she knew how to fight.

She collected the metal from the outlying wall telekinetically, throwing it once again at Pravaos. He had no difficulty avoiding it. There was a clear winner in this fight. Pravaos allowed a few seconds of distraction to focus on the metal, pulling it from his shoulder and when he looked back up, Dani was running.

Running. She literally felt nothing but self-hatred for that. She was running, cowering, she was pathetic. She felt the anger approaching as he did, and finally logic kicked in, her brain started working. Guilt, remorse, sorrow. Better emotions, emotions easier to stop. Dani felt what little energy she had draining away but Pravaos stopped dead in his track, trying to compute these feels.

Dani took the break to try and pull herself back together again, rubbing her sore leg, wiping the blood off her arm and one of the stupidest things she could think to do at this time; tying her hair back. Gripping the sword tightly in her palm, she started to run away, slowly, nearly limping.

She felt the exhaustion, she knew her power was working - so why was Pravaos chasing her again? Guilt. He was meant to stop, to cry, to empathise, maybe get her some crutches. Her knuckles began to turn white under the red, unable to let go of the sword, incapable of surrendering just yet. A jolt of pain shot to her forehead and she nearly collapsed. Continually putting one foot in front of the other seemed so futile.

Pravaos seemed hungry in his chase, the speed picking up but also - excitement. He was taking his time, darting sideways, and jolting about. Soon he saw her slow even further and malice washed over his disgusting face.
    Ready to die?

Dani managed a chuckle. You've gotta know I've been ready for a while. All of this suicide-y mission thing.

You lie. You believed in victory. You saw a future for yourself, for that brother, for your friends. Death becomes all of you. Some sooner than others, he hissed.

Dani didn't reply. If I'm so desperate to die, will you please just kill me? Anymore of this psychobabble is gonna kill me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 9:48