World 8 - Brave New World

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: World 8 - Brave New World

Post by Wayward Daughter on Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 16:42

We could still help you, you know, I added. If you let us - if you ask.

She smiled bitterly.

I doubt that, somehow.

She shoved her way past me. I tried to pursue her, but she'd soon rounded a corner. When I did the same, there was no sign of her. She'd teleported away.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:58

The next time I returned to the NC base, I reported that meeting, but no one really knew what to make of it. I hadn't learned anything. Earlier, we'd searched the premises Alex Treharne had raided, but the place had been abandoned. The gang which had stolen the formula had apparently moved on.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 21:24

Weeks passed, and we still had no more success or leads against the gang. We were beginning to strongly believe that one of their members had gained some ability he or she was using to leave us false trails. It felt like everything we followed proved fake.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 22:12

Finally though, a possible lead emerged. We'd looked into it a little, and it seemed more promising than any other earlier ones. When I learned that Matt was going there to investigate (we believed something like telepathy would be needed to disguise his purpose) I insisted upon going with him.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 23:10

It was a short drive, with me technopathically manipulating the car to move. We arrived, got out and made our way inside. A few men tried to question but quickly had their minds changed for them by Matt. No one seemed to be thinking of what we were looking for, though. There was no indication of that gang.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 23:11

Still nothing? I asked anxiously after we'd been searching the building for half an hour. Matt shook his head. I knew that he was still scanning every passing mind, stubbornly refusing to admit there might be nothing here to find.

Seconds later, the entire world shattered into screaming sirens and flashing lights. It was so painful I couldn't think. I couldn't even realise that it was a vision in time to give Matt any warning before it became reality.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Sun 1 Dec 2013 - 15:09

Wincing, I slammed my hands over my ears and screwed my eyes shut. It didn't help much. The pain was almost unbearable. My overloaded senses were making me want to scream. Glancing over at Matt, I could see that he was in a similar state, struggling to focus enough to use his telepathy. Some of the nearer people were visibly coming out of his control.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 17:47

Can you get them back?! I tried to ask Matt. I could barely hear myself over the roar of sound. The loss of telepathic control was becoming more and more obvious, one of those men looking directly at us and then reaching for a gun holster at his waist.

Matt shook his head, wincing. He hadn't been able to hear my words, registering the question in my thoughts instead. The noise and lights were making him read thoughts uncontrollably as well as making the manipulation slip.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 19:57

Matt winced again, forcing himself to raise his head. Then his eyes seem to clear. Somehow, he could focus. I could see it. The man opposite lowered his gun, began ignoring us again, the rest doing the same.

How did you do that?! I asked, spinning around to face him. He smiled. He focused on me for a minute, and then all of a sudden the lights and noise had dimmed for me too.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 21:30

The noises just disappeared, he answered. They - and the lights - they stopped being too much. All of a sudden. I don't know how...

I wondered if it could be a new power. That sounded the most likely. But then, how had it happened to me too?

I did that, he answered my unspoken thoughts. I sort of... stopped your mind from noticing them so much? I think that was it. I don't really know how to explain it...

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Wed 11 Dec 2013 - 22:15

I smiled, thanking him. We turned our attention back to the mission. Matt soon found some references in thoughts to a room where most of their paper was kept, and when we went there ans raided it we found plenty to steal for the New Company. It included maps of another HQ and a list of several member names. We decided we'd gotten enough and got out of there.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Fri 20 Dec 2013 - 22:26

We quickly reported what we'd found to the New Company, then separately headed home. Matt also reported the new power he'd discovered. The only real reaction to that was comments of luck though, given that he'd described how and and when it'd happened.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Tue 4 Mar 2014 - 23:22

I wasn't involved in the missions which resulted from our investigation. I heard about their successes though. The entire NC was buzzing about it. They'd raided all the named bases, and caught most of the known members. We knew we didn't have them all though. The crimes they were committing were still continuing.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by A Returning Charlotte on Thu 24 Apr 2014 - 0:44

An androgynous figure in a large dark hoodie strolled casually through the early morning crowd. Spotting a suitable looking target, the figure glided up to and behind a rich looking individual and stared casually ahead, not appearing to be interested in the people around them, just in getting to where they wanted to be, like everyone else. However, slim fingers reached towards the purse of the rich pedestrian, phased through and out, returning with a small wad of notes. Before anyone could notice, the notes in the figure's hand vanished apparently into thin air. The hand withdrew to the figure's own pocket. Slowly to avoid suspicion, the figure headed off to one side from the pickpocket victim and off down a street. There was a lot to do today and there could be no delay.

I'M BACK EVERYONE!
A Returning Charlotte
Brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Sat 26 Apr 2014 - 16:38

(*wonders why Charlie's pickpocketing*)

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 22:42

Weeks passed, and we didn't have many new leads. It wasn't for lack of trying. This gang of empowered villains was becoming more and more cautious, or maybe those we'd captured in the past had been the weakest, being weeded out. Nothing we attempted against them was working.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward Daughter on Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 16:16

We knew that it was only a slim fraction remaining, but it didn't matter. The fraction was continuing to do almost as much damage as the entire group had. Worryingly, I'd even heard rumours that the President was considering returning to his predecessor's view on EHs because of this. We couldn't let ourselves return to that hunted state.

Wayward Daughter
Queen Of Angst
Queen Of Angst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34

View previous topic View next topic Back to top