Discussion about Heroes NBC

World 11: Villains - RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Re: World 11: Villains - RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter on Thu 26 Mar 2015 - 19:58

With difficulty I shook that thought away. I stepped forwards, and when some of them turned to face me I feigned an ID badge and claimed that I was here to recover the body. They nodded, and left me alone. There was a lump trapped in my throat as I knelt down, slowly moved my hands to rest against her face. Her eyes were open, empty. They were staring up at the ceiling.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Sat 30 May 2015 - 22:14

Awkwardly, I swallowed away that lump in my throat, and tried my best to ignore the burning sensation in my own eyes. Then I slid her eyelids closed. Questions of why kept echoing in her mind, endlessly. Why had she followed me here? Why had she sacrificed herself for me like this?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 15:14

I knew that I could never find the answers to those questions. She was the only one who could have explained, and now she never would. I would never understand. I'd thought myself resigned to the distance between us. I believed that I'd never meet her, but that this didn't matter if I'd keep following in her footsteps and fighting against LCP Corps in my own way. Now..... it was as if I didn't know what to do. I felt an emptiness, an ache within me. I just stayed as I was, kneeling beside her, my hand near her face from when I'd closed her eyes. Hours could have passed. I didn't know.

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Wed 28 Oct 2015 - 17:54

I was startled when I felt the weight of a hand resting on my shoulder. Spinning around, I found myself looking into Damien's sorrowful eyes.

She died to save me, I admitted without thinking.

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Thu 24 Dec 2015 - 18:58

He restrained himself from asking what had happened, though I could see from his expression that he was wondering. He didn't ask who she was, either. He didn't need to - the visible resemblance was obvious and was explanation enough.

I'm sorry, he whispered.

I tried to shake my head, to explain that such condolences weren't needed. I hadn't even known her, after all. I hadn't seen her since I was a year old. I had no memories of her. But the words stuck in my throat, and I found that I couldn't complete the movement, small as it was.

We need to get going, he added, again in that soft voice, as if he didn't know what to do or say.

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Mon 4 Jan 2016 - 17:41

Slowly I got to my feet and tore my eyes away from the sight of her. I blinked away tears.

What should I do with her? I asked, again feeling helpless.

We probably should bring her back with us, Damien suggested.

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Fri 8 Jan 2016 - 19:00

I agreed, and bent down slightly to pick her up. Her skin was already beginning to go cold. Damien followed, in my shadows, half-supporting me as if he kept expecting me to collapse or something. It didn't take long for us to rejoin what was left of the others. The majority had evacuated by now, but he explained that he'd requested some to wait while he searched for me, including one teleporter.

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Fri 8 Jan 2016 - 19:03

As soon as we returned, I asked again for a moment of privacy. Most people, having seen me return carrying a corpse, were glad to oblige. Only Damien remained.

When she died, she asked me to give a message to my father, I admitted, but I don't know how to. I wouldn't know him if I passed him in the street. I don't know where he is.

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 20:23

Damien didn't reply to that at first. But he had a strange look on his face, which I could see looking up at him, as if the words had struck him, somehow. I didn't understand it. What could have affected him so? It was the truth - I had no idea where my father was, to pass on my mother's final message to him.

You do, though, he answered slowly.

No! No, I don't! Or.... how....?

Again, he was slow. It was almost as if he was arguing with himself, in his thoughts.

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 21:31

I told myself, before, that I wouldn't tell you, he began replying finally, after what felt like an age of silence. Still his tone was slow, almost reluctant. I thought it wasn't my place to do so, that it ought to be someone else - him. But now....

Yeah? I asked.

You've met him. He... he's our leader.

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 22:01

He's our leader?! I echoed, stunned. I couldn't do anything else or react further. Damien nodded.

I guessed he knew you from the way he acted when we first arrived, he explained, and then when I asked him....

It did make sense, in a way. All those moments when I'd caught him glancing at me, with an expression I found unreadable. The fact that he'd been willing to hide us, to help us fight, without question. But why hadn't he said anything? Him, or Damien? My mentor had just claimed that he hadn't felt it was his place to make the revelation, but I wasn't sure I bought that, not now that he had in fact done so. And he hadn't hesitated with other revelations, such as Michael's true identity.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 14:10