Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

2 posters

Season 8 - Episode 1 - We Need To Talk About Kevin

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Season 8 - Episode 1 - We Need To Talk About Kevin Empty Season 8 - Episode 1 - We Need To Talk About Kevin

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 11:13

Well, it seems a lot of our guesses were wrong Razz Didn't see much of purgatory, except for a few flashbacks, but maybe there'll be more there in future? And I've kinda no idea what's going on with Dean - it really doesn't seem like him to abandon Cas, or help anything escape from purgatory even to get out himself. Especially as he was saying the place was pure.

Also, what was with making Sam have quit hunting, again? They've tried that a few times by now, and I'd have thought they'd realised that it always comes back to bite them in the arse Rolling Eyes

Kevin's become cool Smile Love all the church booby-trapping. And saying that God technically taught him all this stuff Very Happy The idea of closing off Hell sounds cool, in theory, but it's so not going to work (or they wouldn't be able to have further seasons Razz ). Wonder what'll go wrong there. Maybe there'll be some catch which makes them decide not to do it.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Season 8 - Episode 1 - We Need To Talk About Kevin Empty Re: Season 8 - Episode 1 - We Need To Talk About Kevin

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 22:09

Yeah, I really enjoyed it, solid episode Laughing Hopefully a good season Smile

Closing off the gates to hell wouldn't work for future seasons, but if this is the last, then maybe it'd be a good place to end.. then again, it's Supernatural, so even if is the finale season, it'll go wrong and they'll die.

Dean leaving Cas in purgatory seemed weird as hell, but I'm assuming they'll continue flashback to it until it really makes sense Smile I liked the idea though, that humans have a get out of purgatory free card. Also, the hilarity of playing Dean's "stuck in purgatory" flashbacks compared to Sam's "this summer I got a dog" was great.

Kevin's pretty fucking badass, I agree Smile Didn't really care about him last season, but he's good and hopefully as a prophet of the lord he will.. i don't know, do stuff. Also kinda hoping they bring Chuck back in someway, but I doubt it because he is God so it'd be a challenge.

Sam quits hunting a lot, it's really getting hard to count the times he's tried Wink You're beginning to wonder why he bothers, but I thought it was kinda cute he got a girlfriend then ran away from her the second Dean was back Laughing
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Season 8 - Episode 1 - We Need To Talk About Kevin Empty Re: Season 8 - Episode 1 - We Need To Talk About Kevin

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 22:25

At the end, they will defo all die Nod And probably fail epically in the same time. Sort of hell on earth maybe? Twisted Evil Smile I can't really see them winning, even.....

Seeing a real prophet could be cool Smile Wonder what they can do, if there's anything more than just the prophecy stuff. Is the guardian archangel still true? Or did that stop with the whole heaven civil war?

Sam only got a dog cause the vet guilt tripped him into it lol! She was kinda a bitch, btw....

And he kinda makes me want to yell at him to take a hint, cause leaving never works Laughing It didn't even work when he asked Dean to quit.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 22:35

Or maybe they'll win and have to sacrifice everything to do it Laughing Maybe even the Impala, just to really kill the fandom off

I guess that's still true, because the war's over and there's still like angels and shit, so I assume they're still protecting prophets, but then Kevin was in a load of danger last season and the Winchesters were the only ones who really tried to help him so maybe not

Yeah, the vet was REALLY bitchy I don't know Laughing

It'll never work, hunting'll kill them before they actually manage to stop! Also, the fact that Kevin's girlfriend was killed by a demon pretty much makes him an exclusive member of the Winchester's incredibly small gang of friends
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 22:39

Even the Pala? Surprised Laughing Talk about overkill Razz

If those archangels got killed off though shrug Or taken off those jobs cause they were needed to fight. It sounded like it got pretty chaotic. And it would explain the lack of Kevin protection which you just pointed out.

I was defensively yelling at her that she didn't know anything about his life to assume he could look after the dog Razz

Isn't he like the only living person they know, now? After Bobby Sad Sad Sad
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 22:51

Overkill?! With this show? Really? I'm pretty certain the writers just sit there and thing "You know, he's been in about five episodes, don't see why he's alive"

Yeah, either a plot hole or they just don't care anymore, Heaven was still in ruins after Cas did his whole "I'm God" thing and everyone was like "alright" and then he killed a bunch of people and - I should really rewatch the first couple episodes of Season 7 because my memory is hazing

I'm about 80% certain Cas comes back, so they might have two friends Wink And Sam's got his new gf now
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 23:01

But killing the Pala would really be overkill Razz Like not even innanimate objects can be ok.

Didn't they basically just forget heaven after S6? It was only useful for that arc.

Cas doesn't count currently cause he's MIA. And you said it yourself, Sam's girl got dropped. Otherwise she'd probably end up killed - maybe that's his new strategem to try to keep them alive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024 - 5:06