Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

2 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 11 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 16 Mar 2014 - 23:16

At that thought, a lump formed in her throat. She forced the lump, and the memories, away. All of that was nothing to her now. It had to be. She'd chosen exile, chosen it because it seemed the only way to save herself, and now she was forging herself a new life here. Forging a new life was something she was good at. This would be the second time she'd do so.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 16 Mar 2014 - 23:27

She pushed her mind out of her morose memories, and looked around, startled. They'd left the streets and buildings behind entirely.

Where are we? she asked. She wasn't facing Asaph, but she could still sense his responding smile.

These gardens are one of my favourite places in the city, he replied.

It's beautiful.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 23:31

For a while, she just looked around, her eyes drinking the place in. The gardens here were so vast, they blocked out all sight of the surrounding city. She almost felt like she'd passed into another world. She hadn't felt that way since the first time she'd entered Oherin's borders. And that'd been magical. This, it was normal and human, but it held the same sense of near enchantment, and that amazed her.

I can see why you love it here, she commented.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 22:41

He started at that. He hadn't mentioned that he loved the place - though he did, that was why he'd chosen it - he'd only spoken of it as one of his favourites. He wasn't sure why there was a distinction between those two. But he knew that there was.

I have to admit though, I'm wondering why you decided to show me it now, she commented, undeterred by his lack of a response. She'd been staying in the city for months by now. But before, he hadn't made any move or offer to show her anything. Was there any special reason?

Her voice had been light, and she'd been teasing at least half. He paused a while before answering.

Yes... yes, there was. Firenhalt, I have something to ask of you.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 20:53

She didn't reply to that. She was still watching him avidly though, her eyes glued upon his, so he could tell that she was paying attention. Her expression showed just a slight hint of curiosity. Nothing more. That changed as he smoothly slid down on one knee, and she let out a half-smothered startled gasp.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 21:28

That gesture, simple as it was, stunned her. She was shocked speechless even before he began to ask. She hadn't anticipated this at all. Not that early marriage as a concept was a stranger to her - she knew that there were cultures which demanded it, bloodwitches as a rule did marry fast and young too - but she hadn't had an idea. So stunned, all she could do was nod for a moment before finding voice to say yes.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 21:56

Wayward Daughter wrote:They travelled quickly, and reached their destination in just over a week. They were both welcomed back with open arms. She asked for more information, and though they were quick to reassure her that It hadn't returned, it was clear that the increasing attacks they described were terrifying them. They were struggling to hold back, they admitted.

Wayward Daughter wrote:Nam didn't hesitate before volunteering to fight again, and Circh followed. They were both signed back into the city's army. Nam wondered if she should contact her home and try to negotiate an alliance. Would that just risk dragging her own people into the war? Should she fight their side on her own?

Wayward Daughter wrote:She didn't honestly know what to decide, and so she made no real decision. She swiftly fell back into the routine of fighting. It was nothing as bad as it'd been the previous time - or perhaps she'd become accustomed. There were deaths, and injuries, but none of that earlier terror. No feel that defeat was almost inevitable. She didn't realise the possibility that maybe this new hope came from her own presence, an immortal amongst them even if they didn't know what Immortals were. They'd seen her power. They'd heard of what she had done.

As the months passed, though, the attacks and raids intensified. From the reactions of others surrounding her, Nam suspected that this new intensity was how things really were here, and that the earlier lightness had been false hope. She once more began considering sending word to Oherin for help. She was hesitant, though. Did she really want to bring her people, her family, into a war? When they'd only just regained their peace? Did she want the weight and responsibility of the deaths which would be sure to happen?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 6 Apr 2014 - 21:42

She wasn't certain that she could make that decision. And because of that, she hesitated, and she did nothing. Nothing more than fighting herself. That had to be enough, it had to be, she told herself. She reassured herself of that repeatedly, day after day, as the toll of deaths and injuries here climbed ever higher, telling herself that it would have had to have been worse if she were not present. She was doing something here....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 14 May 2014 - 22:46

Yet more months passed. Little changed. Slowly, Nam began to realise that she and Circh would likely be here for the long haul, for years. She already knew that she was committed here and that she wouldn't flee or return back to Oherin. They'd called her here and she owed it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 19 May 2014 - 22:19

Do you think we'll ever go back? Circh asked one day.

Finding the question awkward, Nam just shrugged. She knew he wasn't really asking "ever". He knew they would return one day - if they both survived, of course. They both knew it. But "one day" could be decades away or even centuries. Neither of them knew how long the fighting here would last.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 19 May 2014 - 22:22

Are we still waiting until we're back, then? he continued.

She looked up, startled.

Waiting for what? she asked. She didn't follow. Then she could almost feel his hesitation.

Waiting to be bound, he answered.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 19 May 2014 - 22:40

At first she didn't know how to answer. It was almost as if the question had stunned her wordless. They'd never talked of this, never discussed plans or thought of setting any date. And of course she'd want to be back home, with her family surrounding her....

Well, all of her family save Firen. A stab of pain ran through her, thinking of her lost sister. And then she remembered another lost sister too. A lost father, a lost stepmother. Half of her family were lost. Circh's family was lost too, his entirely, or they might as well be. She didn't know if there were distant relatives who'd survived Oherin's reclaiming.

Maybe being bound here was the answer.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Tue 14 Jul 2015 - 18:50; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 19 May 2014 - 23:21

Once she'd considered that idea, she was finding more reasons to support it. They could be waiting centuries if they waited for Oherin. She didn't want to wait that long. There was no point in waiting that long. Even with their status as Immortals, with this fighting ongoing... she realised that she didn't want to risk it. It wasn't for herself that she potentially feared, but for Circh. Just in case. His being one of her kind didn't feel fully real, full protection. Just in case.

We should be bound.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 21 May 2014 - 23:09

Circh smiled. She'd felt that reaction coming before she'd even seen it.

Haven't I asked that question before? he commented. But she shook her head.

No, I mean here. Now. Or soon.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 27 May 2014 - 23:12

Again, she seemed to sense his reaction before he showed it: a moment of hesitation, doubt and thinking it through, before he nodded.

We could be waiting for years otherwise, he agreed. And now I realise that I don't want to wait.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 27 May 2014 - 23:22

A fortnight later, she found herself standing at the edge of the lakeside behind the city. The few they'd invited were waiting on the opposite side. As was Circh. She hadn't chosen any to stand with her - there was no one here she knew well enough, and if she'd have anyone, she knew it should be Firen, her absent and lost sister.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 27 May 2014 - 23:32

Slowly she began making her way down the pathway skirting the water. The hem of her dress fluttered against the grass. Blue was the colour she'd chosen. The flowers twined through her hair were of a slightly darker hue. The ones she held were similar, but more complex and varied. They cascaded down her arms.

Spoiler:
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 30 May 2014 - 23:00

As she walked, she didn't look up. She wasn't sure why. She thought that maybe, if she did, she'd find herself losing control of herself, somehow. She didn't raise her head until she'd paused, standing beneath the arch. Her eyes met Circh's light green ones, and he smiled. He reached out a hand to take hers.

Spoiler:
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 30 May 2014 - 23:34

The ceremony they'd requested was a simple one. Exchanged vows, hers then his. The binding spell used by bloodwitches worldwide, which would tie them to their words and make breaking them impossible. Then an exchange of rings. Nam found that she was welling up as she began to speak.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Jun 2014 - 22:50

Circh, when I first met you, I had no idea the effect you would have on my life. I could never have suspected. You turned my life on its head, that moment, and every moment after.

Her words were the simple truth. He had changed her life. Simply, she would have no idea of her Immortal destiny without him. He'd revealed herself to her. Without him, she'd be just another daughter of an Oherinian High House, a half-human bloodwitch of unusual strength.

I could never have predicted how I'd fall in love with you. I couldn't, then, have spoken of how much you mean to me, how I don't know how to be myself without you any longer. But I can, now. You're everything to me. When you asked me to be bound to you, you claimed that I'd saved you. What you didn't know is that you also saved me in turn.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Jun 2014 - 23:10

I can speak that now. I can vow it. I can vow that I will love you, always, that it would be impossible for that to change. I can promise that I am yours for eternity.

She was almost surprised, as she spoke, that her voice remained calm and steady. She felt as if she ought to be choking. Her tears of joy had by now spilled, and were blurring her vision as they slid down her cheeks. She was smiling as if she couldn't stop.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 20:43

I vow, here and now, to love you for always, to honour and cherish you, to protect you as far as I am able. I vow to dedicate myself to you. All of this I vow to you, Circh.

Almost, she could feel the tingling of sparks flying through her hand, binding her words to her. There was nothing yet, of course. No real perception, no visible sign. She was just imagining it. They'd only be bound when he had spoken too.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 21:40; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 20:59

You said, before, that I saved you. Well, that was only possible because of your potential. Because of the connection that has existed between us from that second, if not before. When you met me, when you appeared.... you hesitated. You claim that I am the one who saved you, but I claim that it was that moment that saved you. That second. Your own hesitation.

I found in you someone who I could love, easily. Someone who'd stay by my side, fight by side, even if we were alone and it was only us two. Someone who believes in me.

And so I vow to you, yet again, and forever, my love. I vow to you my all. Everything I am, everything I have. I will be bound to you, yours, for eternity.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 21:39

She felt Circh's hand tightening on her own as she finished her words. She smiled slightly.

Namarien Erion, he began. He'd placed a heavy emphasis on her name. I won't begin speaking of when I first met you. I'll speak of when I asked to have this day. Then, I called you my saviour, my love, my future Queen. I said that I stood behind you. All true.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 4 Jun 2014 - 21:27

I knew, that day, that I needed to spend the rest of my life with you. I'd known it for a while. You'd given me everything I needed to be the man I should be - your love, hope, your never-yielding belief in me. You made me believe too.

Because of that, my first vow here is to be that person. To be someone deserving of you. I also vow to love you, to stay with you, to cherish and protect you. I will be yours forever. I would never want anything different, anyone else. I couldn't believe in that possibility.

He fell silent then, and she felt a little self-conscious over the way she'd babbled on. It'd been far from the directness she'd developed since being revealed as an Immortal. Her emotions had just flowed out in her words.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 21:22