Literary Manipulation/Literary Creation

Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Literary Manipulation/Literary Creation

Post by Wayward Daughter on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 13:52

Literary Manipulation
    Literary manipulation is the ability to cause characters, creatures, scenes, plots, environments and atmospheres from books or written works to appear in the real world. A person with this ability could bring anything from a book into the world and use it in any way they wish. The object taken from a book becomes real, and can interact anything that it is able to. For example; the user of this power could bring a dragon from a book, and use it to attack, or someone could bring a character from a book into the world, such as Lord Voldemort from the Harry Potter series. This would be inadvisable, as Voldemort would simply kill everyone. The user can also pull things from graphic novels.
    Limits:
    Any sentient creature brought from a book-world would still retain its written state of mind. They do not become mindless puppets of the user. If something from a book is destroyed in the real world, it is forever destroyed in the copy of the book that the user pulled it from. The user can return things to the book they came from if they wish. The user must have read the book they are manipulating to take things from it. If the book is destroyed, all objects taken from the book are destroyed as well.

A few questions about this ability:

1. If you took a character from a story, would he or she miss the other characters he or she is connected to?
    2. If they were linked to another character - something like the W2 triplets' bond, or the Atari-Guardian bond - and you only took one of them from the story, what'd happen to the connection? Would it just disappear as if it never existed? Or would it be like it'd broken, like the missing person had died?
    3. What if the character needed something from their story/world to get power? Like a juju focus object, or a connection to the earth etc?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Re: Literary Manipulation/Literary Creation

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 22:23

1. i guess so.
    2. distorted maybe. the connection is still there just not live
    3. their power wouldn't be present if its not present in the real world. Unless you get whatever they need from the story world into the present world.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

simon says:
    yes
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 15:15

1. Yeah, makes sense. Which means the ability's actually pretty impractical - whoever you'd create would just whine about missing people, and if you created who they missed, those people would miss even more people, and so on.
    2. That doesn't make sense Razz You can't have a halfway stage. These connections either stop existing, or if they're broken they're really painful, possibly fatal.
    3. What about vague earth connections? A specific object I'd think they would need created too. But would they connect to our earth/world/whatever like they did to theirs?

Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR on Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 19:45

ermmm okay, i suppose they wouldnt have a connection

yh i suppose it would work then

simon says:
    yes
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter on Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 20:31

I don't know why I was even asking, I've no intention of using the ability Laughing Just relating it to RL, I suppose. Thinking of which characters I'd like to bring to reality.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 17:43