Discussion about Heroes NBC


    My abilities, opinions?

    Share
    avatar
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

    Posts : 96800
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 23
    Location : Behind you. BOO!

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 14:39

    ive noticed Laughing

    what are the other two?

    tattoo one is cool


    _____________________________________________________________________________________


    simon says:
    yes
    avatar
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

    Posts : 146822
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Wayward Daughter on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 14:44

    The phasing ones already in W3 are Phasing, Hydrophilic Intangibility, Diamond Intangibility and Projectile Phasing. The other 2 are Defensive Phasing and Hyalophilic Intangibility.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

    Posts : 96800
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 23
    Location : Behind you. BOO!

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 14:58

    A power to create new personas within oneself, either consciously or subconsciously, with each one having a different ability.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________


    simon says:
    yes
    avatar
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

    Posts : 96800
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 23
    Location : Behind you. BOO!

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 15:09

    bad luck generation. make others have bad luck. not too sure whatt o call it though


    _____________________________________________________________________________________


    simon says:
    yes
    avatar
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

    Posts : 96800
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 23
    Location : Behind you. BOO!

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 15:11

    also thinking about one where users luck alters in their favour when they are faced in a situation. for example, when being attack they can manipulate probability to help them escape or aid them, such as guns failing to work or jamming,etc.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________


    simon says:
    yes
    avatar
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

    Posts : 146822
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Wayward Daughter on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 15:26

    Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:A power to create new personas within oneself, either consciously or subconsciously, with each one having a different ability.

    Isn't that like a mix of Alter Ego and Character Creation?

    Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:bad luck generation. make others have bad luck. not too sure whatt o call it though

    Other than Bad Luck Generation? Razz Luck Cursing?


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

    Posts : 96800
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 23
    Location : Behind you. BOO!

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 15:36

    pain removal


    _____________________________________________________________________________________


    simon says:
    yes
    avatar
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

    Posts : 146822
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Wayward Daughter on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 15:41

    Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:also thinking about one where users luck alters in their favour when they are faced in a situation. for example, when being attack they can manipulate probability to help them escape or aid them, such as guns failing to work or jamming,etc.

    Adaptive Serendipity? Adaptive Probability Manipulation? Adaptive Luck Manipulation?

    Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:pain removal

    Luke Nociceptive Immunity but consciously controlled? Or removing pain from others too?


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

    Posts : 146822
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Wayward Daughter on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 15:41

    Why did you remove the "also called neurokinesis" from nerve system manip?


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

    Posts : 96800
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 23
    Location : Behind you. BOO!

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 15:53

    oh it would just be the same as alter ego, nevermind

    yh probs just bad luck generation

    adaptive probability manipulation will probs be the best

    from others too. so maybe just pain removal?

    oh because it was on the same for nerve manipulation.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________


    simon says:
    yes
    avatar
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

    Posts : 146822
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Wayward Daughter on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 15:56

    Pain removal would work Nod



    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Neodraconis

    Posts : 6589
    Join date : 2011-02-13
    Age : 22

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Neodraconis on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 20:32

    Wayward Daughter wrote:
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Not sure about this one Smile

    Electrical Torture

    The ability to produce an electrical-looking spark which causes intense pain to whoever it strikes. It isn't real electricity, as it doesn't electrocute or even burn. It also has no effect if it doesn't strike someone living. It appears as a fast moving blue-white blur.

    Wayward Daughter wrote:Relation Reversal/Empathic Reversal

    The ability to reverse how someone feels about another person. If they're in love with someone or are BFFs with someone, the ability would make them suddenly feel that they're enemies. If they hated someone or were just indifferent, they'd become obsessively attached, possibly obsessively in love if they'd thought of the person as ugly before (or if that'd just be more of a pain Razz)

    Wayward Daughter wrote:Hyalophilic Intangibility/Glass Intangibility

    Basically the same as Diamond I and Hydrophilic I, but turning the substance into glass first.

    Names?

    I can't come up with a better for Electrical Torture.

    Empathic Reversal is good. Nod

    Agree with Rajan, Hyalophilic Intangibility.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Pure love! I love you
    avatar
    Neodraconis

    Posts : 6589
    Join date : 2011-02-13
    Age : 22

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Neodraconis on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 20:49

    Imagination Manipulation. Other names? Razz

    The ability to manipulate ones own and others, imagination. This ability could be used to for example remove a person's imagination to change a person's perspective on things to a more realistic, but possibly a more depressing view. It could also be used to increase a person's imagination to help a person's creativity, learning process or problem-solving or to the degree of making a person mentally unstable, possibly leading to paranoia, schizophrenia etc. It is also possible to use this ability to help/augment other person's use their abilities to a greater extent or with greater creativity, especially if said person has an reality warping/altering or a dimension creating ability for example.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Pure love! I love you
    avatar
    Neodraconis

    Posts : 6589
    Join date : 2011-02-13
    Age : 22

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Neodraconis on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 20:54

    Empathic Ability Granting

    The ability to grant abilities to people you share an emotional link with.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Pure love! I love you
    avatar
    Neodraconis

    Posts : 6589
    Join date : 2011-02-13
    Age : 22

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Neodraconis on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 21:02

    Dimensional Reviving

    The ability to be able to be revived, but in another dimension. This could be a dimension that the user of this ability has created if said user has a dimension creation ability. If not, the user is bound to be revived in an alternate dimension or a dimension created by someone else.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Pure love! I love you
    avatar
    Neodraconis

    Posts : 6589
    Join date : 2011-02-13
    Age : 22

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Neodraconis on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 21:10

    Names for this one?

    The ability to have abilities as long as other people believe you have that specific ability. For some, the amount of people that believe you to have an ability, affects the strength of the ability, while others just need around an amount of people to believe, for the user to be granted the ability (without the strength of it being an issue).

    However, if people would lose the belief for the user of posessing that certain ability, the individual would lose the ability.

    So, if a group of people is convinced that the EH that have this ability has "Enhanced Strength", then that EH would have Enhanced Strength. If/When the group of people stop believing, the EH will lose the ability of "Enhanced Strength".


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Pure love! I love you
    avatar
    Neodraconis

    Posts : 6589
    Join date : 2011-02-13
    Age : 22

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Neodraconis on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 21:14

    Elemental Reversal/Opposite

    The ability to transform/turn an element into its opposite element. Like making the flames of a burning house into waves of water or digging by transforming the earth you dig into air etc. This ability doesn't change the amount of the element that you transform and the larger amount you transform, the more effort it takes from the user.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Pure love! I love you
    avatar
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

    Posts : 146822
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Wayward Daughter on Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 13:02

    Neodraconis wrote:
    Wayward Daughter wrote:
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Not sure about this one Smile

    Electrical Torture

    The ability to produce an electrical-looking spark which causes intense pain to whoever it strikes. It isn't real electricity, as it doesn't electrocute or even burn. It also has no effect if it doesn't strike someone living. It appears as a fast moving blue-white blur.

    Wayward Daughter wrote:Relation Reversal/Empathic Reversal

    The ability to reverse how someone feels about another person. If they're in love with someone or are BFFs with someone, the ability would make them suddenly feel that they're enemies. If they hated someone or were just indifferent, they'd become obsessively attached, possibly obsessively in love if they'd thought of the person as ugly before (or if that'd just be more of a pain Razz)

    Wayward Daughter wrote:Hyalophilic Intangibility/Glass Intangibility

    Basically the same as Diamond I and Hydrophilic I, but turning the substance into glass first.

    Names?

    I can't come up with a better for Electrical Torture.

    Empathic Reversal is good. Nod

    Agree with Rajan, Hyalophilic Intangibility.

    Electrokinetic Pain Inducement?


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

    Posts : 146822
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Wayward Daughter on Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 13:05

    Neodraconis wrote:Imagination Manipulation. Other names? Razz

    The ability to manipulate ones own and others, imagination. This ability could be used to for example remove a person's imagination to change a person's perspective on things to a more realistic, but possibly a more depressing view. It could also be used to increase a person's imagination to help a person's creativity, learning process or problem-solving or to the degree of making a person mentally unstable, possibly leading to paranoia, schizophrenia etc. It is also possible to use this ability to help/augment other person's use their abilities to a greater extent or with greater creativity, especially if said person has an reality warping/altering or a dimension creating ability for example.

    Cool idea Smile

    Neodraconis wrote:Dimensional Reviving

    The ability to be able to be revived, but in another dimension. This could be a dimension that the user of this ability has created if said user has a dimension creation ability. If not, the user is bound to be revived in an alternate dimension or a dimension created by someone else.

    And now I'm tempted to make up some randomer who dies and is reborn into the current universe, one he or she knows nothing about Laughing

    Neodraconis wrote:Names for this one?

    The ability to have abilities as long as other people believe you have that specific ability. For some, the amount of people that believe you to have an ability, affects the strength of the ability, while others just need around an amount of people to believe, for the user to be granted the ability (without the strength of it being an issue).

    However, if people would lose the belief for the user of possessing that certain ability, the individual would lose the ability.

    So, if a group of people is convinced that the EH that have this ability has "Enhanced Strength", then that EH would have Enhanced Strength. If/When the group of people stop believing, the EH will lose the ability of "Enhanced Strength".

    Belief Augmentation? Belief Ability Creation? Not really sure of any name ideas.

    Neodraconis wrote:Elemental Reversal/Opposite

    The ability to transform/turn an element into its opposite element. Like making the flames of a burning house into waves of water or digging by transforming the earth you dig into air etc. This ability doesn't change the amount of the element that you transform and the larger amount you transform, the more effort it takes from the user.

    Elemental Reversal Nod


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Neodraconis

    Posts : 6589
    Join date : 2011-02-13
    Age : 22

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Neodraconis on Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 16:20

    Great that you liked them. Very Happy

    Then make that random character. It would be fun to read how he adapts to this universe! Razz

    I don't know if we already have a similar ability to this, but here goes.

    Selective Eidetic Memory

    The ability to effortlessly remember every piece of information one is exposed to and decides to remember. This ability can therefore be used to remember important details, but deciding to not remember others. If the user of this ability is skilled enough, it is possible to focus on a piece of information that one has learnt previously and then erase it. However, it is not possible to recover a piece of information one has already chosen to not remember or have erased as long as one isn't exposed to the same piece of information once again.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Pure love! I love you
    avatar
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

    Posts : 146822
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Wayward Daughter on Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 16:21

    I think Memory Recall does that. Basically remembering anything you want to remember.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Neodraconis

    Posts : 6589
    Join date : 2011-02-13
    Age : 22

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Neodraconis on Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 16:25

    Okay, then I know. Wink


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Pure love! I love you
    avatar
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

    Posts : 96800
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 23
    Location : Behind you. BOO!

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR on Sun 16 Feb 2014 - 19:11

    all great, i especially like the ability belief one Smile


    _____________________________________________________________________________________


    simon says:
    yes
    avatar
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

    Posts : 146822
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 27
    Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Wayward Daughter on Sun 16 Feb 2014 - 21:04

    What do you think that should be called? Neo and I couldn't come up with any good names.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

    Posts : 96800
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 23
    Location : Behind you. BOO!

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR on Tue 18 Feb 2014 - 16:40

    yeah i was thinking and couldnt come up with any too. it kind remind sme of peter pan and the fairies die if people didn't believe in them.



    _____________________________________________________________________________________


    simon says:
    yes

    Sponsored content

    Re: My abilities, opinions?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 9:30