Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

2 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 12 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 9 Jun 2014 - 17:30

I vow to stay by your side forever, to love you for always. I will never leave you, never abandon you. Know that. I will always be with you, and always on your side. I love you, Namarien. I cannot not love you.

She smiled again. Her eyes dropped from hers, falling to their intertwined hands. Again she felt that tingling, her pulse racing between her fingers. A gleam began forming between their skin. It twisted and span around their interlocked hands. She could almost feel it, the words she'd spoken being bound to her.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 9 Jun 2014 - 17:39

The golden light faded, disappearing into her skin. The tingling feeling still remained. It only left when she let go, still smiling. Circh leaned forward, pressing a slight kiss on her left cheek and then her lips.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 10 Jun 2014 - 22:28

She leaned in towards him as he pulled away, and he smiled as he noticed that. His arm was wrapped around her waist. They both turned to face their friends who'd gathered to witness, all of whom were now beaming. The nearest reached over and passed them the rings they'd asked him to safe-keep.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 20:52

Circh gently slid Nam's ring onto the fourth finger on her left hand. The metal held some of the warmth from his skin, and the light glimmered off it. She reciprocated. He took her hand once more after she'd finished, holding it tightly as he'd done throughout the vows and when they were bound.

Spoiler:
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 23:07

Congratulations began flowing in. Nam started to feel her cheeks aching from the ever-present smile frozen onto her face. The rest of the evening flew by. Dining as the sunlight faded, more congratulations to accept, swaying as she danced in Circh's arms. Looking at him then, she couldn't even realise that everyone was still watching them.

Spoiler:
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 25 Jun 2014 - 20:56

The next morning, on the other side of the country and on the other side of the magical lands barrier, a portal opened. The glowing light remained only for a few seconds. A young girl passed through, glancing cautiously in every direction, running into shelter. No one else travelled with her. She was alone. In enemy territory, too. Yet, in another way, she knew this place perfectly - it was home, almost. Close to it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 22:45

She dove towards the buildings on the other side of the street as if she were under hot pursuit. Maybe she was expected that. She'd gotten so used to it. Now, however, this area was quieter than she was familiar with, if not completely abandoned. That didn't relax her as she made her cautious path forwards.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:10

The movement was familiar, the path too. It hadn't really changed over the passing years. Each time it was damaged, people seemed to insist upon rebuilding it the same way. It didn't take long before she'd reached her destination. She pounded on the door then waited, unable to stop twining her dark hair slightly in hesitation and nerves.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 23:14

She dropped that instantly when the door cracked open. She couldn't explain why. A fear of recognition maybe, irrational as that'd be, even just a fear that the gesture itself would be recognised. She didn't really know where she'd gained that from.

Yes? the woman questioned. The voice was as almost familiar as everything else in this strange place was.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 23:21

I've come to help you, she answered. With the rebellion, the resistance.

Mikala hesitated.

I'm not sure I know... she began. The girl nearly laughed at that. The stiffled chortle was a mirthless one though.

I'm sure you don't, she smiled. I'm sure your son, Connor, has never inspired anyone to fight back, in his life. And I'm sure you're not considering asking Caden to wipe my memory now, because I know too much.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 23:04

Mikala frowned. She had been considering doing exactly that. This was... strange. How had she known?

How did you know.... any of that? she asked weakly. The girl laughed. And her laughter sounded strangely familiar, somehow.

Lets just say I know you and your family. I know you well. I'm from the future.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 22:12

Are you one of us?

One of the non-humans?

Mikala nodded. That'd been what she was asking, though she wouldn't have thought of saying it that way.

You could say that, she laughed. I'm.... what I am, it's complicated. But I've been fighting your side for years, in the future. My name's Tessa.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 22:46

You can time travel, Tessa? Mikala questioned. The younger girl shook her head.

No, not that. A friend sent me back. When I'm from... things are bad. Irreparable. I thought maybe that here... now... it'd be better. More of a chance to fix things.

Mikala's face was sympathetic as she listened, but Tessa knew that she'd still want some proof, eventually if not immediately. Proof that she wasn't human. It'd be easiest to shift, but she worried that doing so would raise questions.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 22:16

Instead, she reached out a hand, and quickly replicated some of Mikala's thoughts and memories. She dropped the mimicry quickly.

You weren't actually meant to marry your husband Caden, but he shifted into your actual fiance and tricked your people, she stated.

I never told anyone that...

You don't tell people in the future either.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 22 Jul 2014 - 15:40

I can copy people's memories and thoughts, their minds, and I just copied yours, she explained, seeing Mikala's confused and lost look. That's my power.

Slowly, Mikala nodded. That would explain it. And it did give the proof she hadn't actually asked for but had wanted, too. Not that this fact changed how mildly disturbing she found the idea.

Come inside, Tessa, she smiled.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 14 Jul 2015 - 19:34

Over the next few weeks, Tessa met Caden and the others who were fighting alongside them. She sat in on several meetings but mainly stayed quiet. She noticed that when Mikala introduced her, she didn't mention anything of her being from the future, so she didn't speak of it either.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 14 Jul 2015 - 20:12

What's it like, in this future of yours? Mikala asked quietly one day. You said it was irreparable...

Tessa nodded. There wasn't much more to be said.

I really thought we were getting somewhere, here, she mused.

You were, Tessa admitted. For years, you were. When I was a young child, things were almost back to normal. But then.... something happened. Things changed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 8 Sep 2015 - 19:45

What happened? Mikala asked at once, predictably. Tessa shook her head. She was struggling to hold back a smile, having guessed that the older woman would ask this.

It's..... complicated. I don't know the full answer, the full explanation. I don't know if anyone does.

Mikala wondered if that was true. It didn't seem to make sense, to her. If this had happened within Tessa's lifetime, surely she must have known what it was, remembered it? Or someone would have? She didn't question it aloud, though.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 10:21

She remembered the issue though, and after a few days got the idea of asking others to look into it, subtly. There were a few different Seers and other precognitives among those who'd been drawn to the city. She didn't tell them exactly what had led her to ask, but requested they search into the future for any clues about how they could succeed in their fight or what could lead to failure.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 10:30

The results were startling. Frightening, even. They found nothing. When they told Mikala this, she was confused, asking over and over what they could mean. How could they find nothing? She desperately wanted to turn back to the visionaries and seers within her own kind, but of course, her past decisions had exiled her from all of those. She had to rely on her own guidance now.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Nov 2015 - 20:57

There must be something blocking those who were searching, she kept telling herself. Their inability to find an answer didn't mean that there was none to be found. It couldn't mean that. It couldn't be. She'd promised herself that she would find a way to fix this situation, to get herself and Caden and their family out of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 14:09