Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+3
Wayward Daughter
MATTYGUY
Enochian
7 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 25 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 15 May 2011 - 22:44

Why? he asked again. She simply shrugged, unable to find the answer.

Please....tell me. I don't understand it. And don't say anything of that stuff before, about it not being right, or owing me some sort of messed up lifedebt, because I know that's not the truth.

She sighed deeply, moving over to sit opposite her. She buried her face in her hands for a moment, but forced herself to raise her head, so that her amber eyes met his own peridot ones.

In all honesty, I don't really know, she whispered.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 May 2011 - 20:21

How....?

She shrugged, a little mechanically.

I just felt like I had to save you, she answered. I can't explain it - not any clearly than what I said before. But it was far too strong to ignore.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 May 2011 - 20:56

His expression was still questioning, but he didn't ask any further. He didn't understand it either, not on any side of it. He didn't mention the same pull he felt he experienced towards her. It was still frightening him too much. But he'd never admit that.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 May 2011 - 22:02

The next few days passed in a similar manner. Nam visited Circh as often as she could without raising suspicion, knowing she'd be the only face he'd see and worrying over how lonely he'd get in his little mock-cell of a hiding place. She wished she could make it better for him. They'd used magic to make it seem larger, more comfortable and to his tastes, but that still couldn't give him freedom. But she knew he'd die if he were seen, and he'd be seen if he left.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 17 May 2011 - 17:58

Crying or Very sad
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 17 May 2011 - 18:00

She let herself in again, after having checked no one was nearby, and smiled reflexively as she saw him. It was just like every other visit, every other day. Or so she'd thought, anyway.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 17 May 2011 - 21:14

Without a clue, she'd let herself in, smiled her greeting and asked how he was today. His answer was subdued. Maybe he was more intuitive than her, or maybe it was just the day. She'd never know. The first thing she knew was the stream of fire, and she'd only dodged just in time. It crackled past her scalp.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 18 May 2011 - 18:09

She dove downwards, hastily creating a shield around both herself and Circh, while attacking outwards without even aiming. She knew instinctively that she'd missed. It wasn't that unexpected. Not when she couldn't see anything to strike at, and the place was filling up with noise and smoke, and her head was reeling.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 May 2011 - 16:33

Nevertheless, she still continued to try to fight as well as she was able, forcing herself to ignore any risk. She had to. They'd both be dead if she lost, she knew that insinctively. Circh was beside her trying to fight, too, but his strength barely registered in comparison to her own. It was down to her. She was mainly untrained, only aware of her witch-hood for just over a year, incredbly raw....but it was just her.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 May 2011 - 17:44

On and on she fought, air crackling with the strength of their attacks. She felt herself weakening under the brunt of their numbers. Stumbling, she took a step backwards, and tried to shore some more energy into her shield. But it had to fail. Inevitably, it did, flickering and dying away, and she winced at the sight. She tried to force it upwards again, but a black bolt of energy flew in between those heartbeats. It struck her directly in the chest. Then she fell backwards.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 May 2011 - 18:08

Her body fell backwards, hitting the stone floor with a crunch and a thud. The burn mark was already vivid, smoking and fatal. The air had turned eerie. Her expression was trapped in one of shock, seconds before the concentration of forming another attack or defence. Her eyes were already empty.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 22 May 2011 - 10:42

Surprised World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 25 183313 World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 25 183313 World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 25 183313 World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 25 183313
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 22 May 2011 - 11:17

Hours had passed before she stirred. She woke feebly, feeling her entire body aching. Her voice was groggy as she forced herself to speak.

What.... what happened?

She noticed Circh almost flinch at the question.

I've no idea, he lied.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 22 May 2011 - 11:55

You must have seen, though.....

He nodded, once, starkly.

Yes, I saw, he admitted. But I don't know how to explain it....I can't...

What?

He shook his head.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 22 May 2011 - 14:27

Please, tell me, she implored. He hesitated, but nodded.

You.... you died, he began, but then she interrupted. Her face had flashed pale.

What?! How?

The attack, he answered, simply. A strike hit you right in the chest, and I know it was strong enough to be fatal. You fell backwards. You were dead. But then..... you started to glow, and they panicked, and fled, and then you were.....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 22 May 2011 - 15:23

I.... I died? she repeated, stunned. And came back? Is that normal?

Really, really not... he whispered, his eyes wide. For the first time, she noticed the fear half-concealed beneath his voice.

What is it? You know something about this, don't you?

He shook his head at first, but then stopped, hesitant. Slowly, unwillingly, he nodded.

Too much, he whispered.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 22 May 2011 - 18:24

What? she asked breathlessly.

Have you heard of the Immortals?

She shook her head.

No, I think it's only a few families who keep the legends, he mused. Strange though, when you're one of them.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 22 May 2011 - 18:43

An Immortal? she echoed again, too shocked to do much more. What are they? What.... what am I?

He laughed brusquely.

Well, for one, you're almost impossible to kill, all of you...

He trailed off, looking at her coldly, but with the fear still evident.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 22 May 2011 - 22:34

And? she prompted nervously. Circh, what is it?

Immortals..... they're the one thing which frightens my kind the most, he spat out bitterly. She paled.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Wed 25 May 2011 - 17:13

(recap?)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 25 May 2011 - 17:16

(The Oherin Council decided what they were going to do about the threat from your city - namely, to send in assassins spelled to make them unnoticeable. And Nam tried to hide Circh - the witch who'd tried to kill her earlier - from his family because they'd kill him for failing. They found where they were, and Nam was almost killed in the fight)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 26 May 2011 - 18:35

pale
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 26 May 2011 - 19:08

Wayward Daughter wrote:And? she prompted nervously. Circh, what is it?

Immortals..... they're the one thing which frightens my kind the most, he spat out bitterly. She paled.

Namarien remained silent, shocked by what he'd said. Not just the part about the hate between them. Immortals.... it sounded so.... ominous, somehow. It really did. Maybe she ought to have been glad - it suggested she'd be protected, after all. But what she felt was closer to fear.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 26 May 2011 - 20:09

What does it mean, though? she asked hollowly. Her voice came out as barely more than a whisper, and Circh didn't answer.

And why.... why didn't I know....? There's no mention of anything like it, anywhere....

That's because we arranged that, erased it, he admitted. We were trying to.... trying to prevent this, really. Prevent you.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Fri 27 May 2011 - 13:20

King Vension drummed his fingers on his thrown. Only a few more days his visions were telling him but he knew that today and tomorrow were crucial. He knew he would succeed but - well you can never be too careful.

Looking up he called, Dern!

A small man shuffled out from the corner of the hall. He slowly came and bowed at Vension's feet. What is it you require of me, Sire?

He sighed, I've had a vision that we're going to have a few magically concealed assassins. Send out The Blood and tell them to bring me the heads on stakes. And no, that wasn't a figure of speech. He absent mindedly twisted his long robes in his hands.

Fear flashed into the servants eyes, Of course, Sire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 10:13