Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

Doctor Who series 6B trailer

Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Doctor Who series 6B trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Doctor Who series 6B trailer

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 11 Sep 2011 - 11:29

Yeah, but Amy did also name her River song Razz
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sun 11 Sep 2011 - 12:13

:no: Amy named her Melody Pond Wink but now im confused. The gamma forest translation is River Song but who actually translated it? It can't of come from nowhere?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 11 Sep 2011 - 12:59

It was on that napkin, the TARDIS translated it for the Doctor, and then Amy read it an realised. River Song knows where that name comes from now, but she only started calling herself that because the Doctor called her that in Lets Kill Hitler. Got it?
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 22:14

i know the little napkin thing, its a prayer something. But still it makes no sense.

If the doctor called her river song in let kill hitler and she goes by that name because the doctor told her, however the doctor only knows her by that name because river song told him that was her name in the library. Laughing you see?

That means that the name comes from nowhere, don't forgret that lets kill hitler happens before the library and still if the name came from nowhere, where did the translation actually come from? What actually convinced a person to change her name from Amy Pond to River Song?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 17:06

Melody Pond*. And you're confusing yourself! lol! The show is being odd about her timeline. When we first met her, she was in the library - that was the first time the Doctor met her, and the Doctor was told her name was River Song. Later on in the Doctor's life, Melody is born.

And because the people who lived in the forest had no word in their language for "Pond", the warrior translated her name to mean "River Song" because Melody means Song and the only water in the forest is the river, which is when the Doctor realised who Melody would grow up to be.

And then Melody started to call herself River Song when in Lets Kill Hitler, where the Doctor started calling her it & told her it was her name. You get it? It's all just a whole lot of confusing timeline..

(And Amy chose the name Melody for her after Amy & Rory's school friend, Melody, who turned out to be Melody, meaning they named their daughter after their daughter, but still.)
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 18:52

Nod kk i get they named their daughter after their daughter, uts still a paradox isn't it then?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 21:24

Technically, but that's the problem with River's timezone, it's so all over the place Laughing I don't think it would change, because they wouldn't change her name after she's been named..
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 15:47

You're both just being really confusing!!! lol! The name does have an origin - the forest people's translation - but it's also got other sources, which were used first, both in River's timeline and in the Doctor's.

And I've just learned that the episode which was filmed last week (but I don't know which one/when it'll air) was filmed in Llanelli Very Happy
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 16:37

cool Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 16:38

It'll be whatever episode is set in a castle/stately home type place. A past one, I'd guess
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 17:09

Awesome Lowri!! Very Happy

And I wasn't being confusing, I thought I was being really unconfusing Sad
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 17:13

You both were going round in circles Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 12:50