Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 11 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 22:55

With that same automism, he continued to fight, and it was only the lingering skills which saved him, when suddenly there was a monstrous lion in Caden's place. He gasped, rapidly half-running backwards, wondering what the hell was going on. How had he.....? The man was meant to be merely human!! Well, he was meant to, but he was clearly not.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 11:51

Asaph backed away hastily, completely lost for a moment. What could he do, against a lion?!! He had no idea.... stumbling backwards, he nearly fell, and flung out his hands reflexively. He then laughed in relief, seeing how the lion had frozen. Breathing heavily, he glanced again at Mikala's body, then shook his head. There was nothing to be done. Even the few who still possessed healing abilities these days weren't powerful enough to revive. And she was truly dead, already going stiff and cold, from the looks of things. Nothing to be done..... he just left.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 21:50

To Caden, it seemed he'd just suddenly vanished. However, the moment he was gone, the anger seemed to snap out of him, and he collapsed, barely with the energy to shift back to a human form. He turned to cradle Mikala's body, but she was already disintegrating. Within seconds, she was dust in his hands. The tears began pouring from his eyes, screaming the anguish. So much, so carelessly torn away.... he didn't even have a body left to bury. Nothing to even say goodbye to.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 23 Nov 2011 - 16:54

He remained there kneeling on the ground for hours, not moving, even though the cold concrete had long began biting into his legs. He couldn't fully comprehend it. Mikala couldn't be gone, she'd been so full of life, so sweet and hopeful. She just couldn't be. The memory was gnawing at him though, tearing away with that illusion, along with the guilt. If he'd only had them hide more successfully.... or if he hadn't tried to fight that man..... or if he'd fought right, and not been injured..... she'd still be alive.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 24 Nov 2011 - 22:32

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 11 183313 World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 11 183313 World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 11 183313 World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 11 183313
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 24 Nov 2011 - 22:41

(I'm wondering when'll be a good time to break into my other chars' SLs)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 26 Nov 2011 - 15:58

(NOW! Razz)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 26 Nov 2011 - 21:09

The next few days passed slowly, with Caden just wandering around to no real purpose, trying to escape his memories and his emotions. He still couldn't really believe she was gone. It was like some protective shell had formed around him, trying to hide the truth from him. He'd gone silent, and now he barely reacted when strangers tried to talk to him as he passed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Nov 2011 - 0:11

Another day dragged by. It was by now 3 days since her death. Caden hadn't left the town, he was holed up in some slummy motel, and he kept feeling drawn back to that place. It was as if it was haunting him. If he'd have tried to explain it, even to himself, he'd have said it was the guilt. Sometimes he could even imagine hearing her calling to him.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Nov 2011 - 11:28

Another such incident had happened just now. He kept his head down, having learned early on not to look up or look around, when that happened. Seeing that he'd just imagined it just intensified the pain and the disappointment.

Caden!!! the voice called out again.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 27 Nov 2011 - 19:34

Question Surprised
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Nov 2011 - 21:05

He didn't look, but the voice called out again. Eventually he turned, his eyes immediately widening in shock. How....?! Was he imagining it, cracking under the strain, perhaps? It oughtn't be possible....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 15:13

What.... how?!! he gaped, his voice cracking. She just laughed merrily.

I've no idea, she admitted. I just found myself here..... fine.... and then I saw you..... and now we're here.

She smiled, basking in her inexplicable survival despite the fact that it was inexplicable. He shook his head, gingerly once. It was real, really real...... she really was there. Unbelievably. Somehow, she'd been saved. She wasn't dead. She was there.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 22:13

In a heartbeat, he'd crossed over to her, and was kissing her and holding her tightly in his arms, barely able to believe it. She was back!! She was really back!!

I can't believe it, he murmured, half to himself. She nodded. She wasn't asking questions however, not questioning the miracle.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 23:52

It must have taken hours for him to finally let her go, as relief made his heart pound, made every second more vivid for him. He treasured her against him like he was trying to map her very skin.

I'm sorry.... he whispered, and she looked up, startled.

For what? It was my choice.

I shouldn't have tried to fight. If I hadn't, you wouldn't have had to make that choice.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 23:58

She shook her head, refusing to accept that. He'd had to fight. They both knew it. She didn't argue the point, however, and just changed the subject, asking what they'd do next.

I don't really know..... but I doubt it's still safe here, I only stayed because.... he broke off, shaking his head. We should really move on again.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 19:07

cute, rose XD Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 19:59

She agreed with that, readily, and asked where he thought they should go. He shrugged.

I can't really think of somewhere which'd be perfect to lay low in, he admitted. What about you? Or is there somewhere you'd like to go, to see?

She laughed.

Everywhere? she suggested lightly.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 21:27

Nam and Circh had by now long since left the little clearing where she'd rejoined him, and had recently gained a set of rooms in a small and bustling witch city. They'd lied, of course, and she was now claiming the name of Arienne. No surname. She was almost setting up a new life there.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 17:15

At the end of another day, she let herself back into the small flat-like home they'd been renting, and sighed as she took off her coat.

What's wrong? Circh asked, picking up on that sigh.

It's nothing.... well, I'm just frustrated.....

At still having to hide yourself? he guessed. She nodded.

I just feel I ought to be doing more..... and I'm sick of hiding. But I know I can't stop. Ever.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 17:23

Very Happy Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 17:20

(Are you just grinning when you don't know how to react, or something? Laughing )

Circh remained silent, since he didn't really know what to say to that. Her final sentences had been all too true. They couldn't stop hiding.... and he wasn't feeling whatever drive she was, himself. He was perfectly happy with these new lives. It was a way to escape his past, for him.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 11:48

What are you suggesting doing, then? he asked, and she sighed.

I don't really know, she admitted. It's just this feeling I have..... like a storm about to break. I shouldn't be lying low here when it's like that.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 14:06

A storm? he questioned, but she just shrugged again.

I know, it's vague. I can't explain it any better, though. Maybe Firen was really right when she called me a Seer, she laughed. Her eyes remained serious though, and she was wondering if it had anything to do with being an Immortal. Could she maybe sense the coming of her purpose?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 22:26

Maybe, he grinned. That could be useful. And I'm sure it'll become clearer in enough time.

I hope so, she made herself smile, sensing how he was trying to cheer her up. She was realising that she was beginning to mope over this, too, and that wasn't usually her. She didn't want it to be her, either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 8:21