Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

2 posters

Finally watched season 5

The Little Lebowski
    The Little Lebowski

Finally watched season 5 Empty Finally watched season 5

Post by The Little Lebowski Tue 14 May 2013 - 17:46

And I'm not a fan. I thought the show got worse each season but they were all still solid. Season 5, for me, was not. The Sarah amnesia plot that was tacked onto the last 3 episodes, wow. headbang I would also complain about Morgan and Sarah getting the intersect going against the show's history that Chuck (and Shaw, I guess) were special and the only ones that could handle it. But I'm just going with a theory that there was no bug in this version, and it wrecking their brains was simply because they couldn't handle it like Chuck.

In the end I guess seasons 4 and 5 just felt like bonus episodes that didn't mean much. Season 3 seemed like the natural end point - intersect vs intersect.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Finally watched season 5 Empty Re: Finally watched season 5

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 12:19

Wasn't it confirmed that there was a bug in the software though, since the glasses were intended to screw up Chuck's brain? I do agree though that Chuck was confirmed to be mentally advanced enough to handle it, after having the ten-year-old intersect and stuff, yeah. Sarah's amnesia plotline was a bit last minute but with only 13 episodes, I thought they did the best they could. 

I did feel like Season 5 was weaker - Season 4, I thought, was not a bad season, especially when you look at the original ending place of vs the Push Mix but I can't say it was the best season either. The ending to Season 5 though, the parallel of the two of them sat on the beach and Chuck's speech and the kiss, the ambiguity of it all, I would say I did enjoy the finale if not the rest of the season.
    The Little Lebowski
    The Little Lebowski

Post by The Little Lebowski Sat 29 Jun 2013 - 21:23

Yeah, now that time has passed from watching it to process it all it wasn't as bad as I made out. The worst part I think was the 13 episode order. I know Chuck was always a case of the week kind of show but with 13 episodes it was like they were too reluctant to set up a bigger arc and everything felt too disconnected, as I said they were bonus episodes - as a fan I was grateful to have them but they were kind of pointless. But then any arc they did set up just seemed rushed and so didn't work as well as it could.

If they ended the season 4 finale at the wedding or kept Chuck buying the Buy More but cut out the video message and Morgan getting the intersect at the end I think that would have been the perfect finale for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 23:14