Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

2 posters

Heroes Reborn

The Little Lebowski
    The Little Lebowski

Heroes Reborn Empty Heroes Reborn

Post by The Little Lebowski Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 1:19

For those of you still posting, have you been watching reborn and are you enjoying it?

I thought the webseries "Dark Matters" was pretty enjoyable and seems to have much more importance than the webisodes from the original series. I liked the original show from beginning to end and even I thought the 2 hour premiere was a poor show. Maybe the pacing was messed up with it being 2 episodes back to back, but it dragged on and on and only made it easier to spot the bad writing. Episode 3 was a step in the right direction but already we're just under a third of the way through the season and we're still barely scratching the surface. It's like Tim Kring never learnt anything from the first attempt, or is still trying to write an entire 20+ episode season for a limited 13 episode run so there's just too much for it to work.

I know there are five or six novellas coming out as well as a comic series (from titan, apparently the dynamite comics series to be written by cullen bunn was scrapped as soon as they officially announced it at comic-con in 2013) and two games that could potentially help the show, and even though I was fully planning on getting everything I could, I'm no longer willing to experience any of it unless I can find torrents for the books or if the reviews are good.

My pet peeves:
    The Japan storyline hasn't related to anything else in the show so far and I can't imagine how it will connect. Not to mention it seems like a cheap attempt to recapture the Hiro/Ando relationship with none of the charm.
    The CGI so far has been worse than what the show had to offer in 2006.
    Spoiler:
    Chuck's wife can't act and has some horrible character motivation even by Heroes standards.
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Heroes Reborn Empty Re: Heroes Reborn

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Tue 22 Mar 2016 - 16:16

completely agree with everything Nod
    The Little Lebowski
    The Little Lebowski

Post by The Little Lebowski Sun 17 Apr 2016 - 15:51

I'm still not over how terrible it was. To think NBC had talks with Tim Kring about his plans, saw the first scripts and still gave it the greenlight. I was happy to have something new with the Heroes brand but would have preferred the season 5 comics of the microsoft webseries than this.

I get NBC is consistently poor, ratings wise and with the trend of reviving old shows for a mini event something like that could have been a smart move but just with the way the original show went down it was always going to be a mistake. Chuck would have been a much better option and I hope it's something they consider one day soon.
    The Little Lebowski
    The Little Lebowski

Post by The Little Lebowski Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 23:02

I've been watching the show on blu-ray, maybe it's because I mostly know what I'm in for (I never finished Reborn) and have lower expectations, maybe it's because I'm seeing it in HD and not a low quality stream/torrent, or a combination of the two, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I stand with my original opinion that the Haitian scene was stupid and the CGI is terrible but I do like Quentin and Zachary Levi as Luke, the part where he stops a pyrokinetic with a fire extinguisher and shoots him dead. It's just a shame the scene was ruined by the stupidity of a speedster running around in the same small section of the room instead of getting out of there.

I don't know if I only watched the 2 hour premiere or the next episode, but more reactions to come, maybe? yikes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 8:42