Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+6
Rokstarr
Chris
ItsAGibbo
Enochian
blazingphoenix
MATTYGUY
10 posters

Future RP world ideas

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Future RP world ideas - Page 29 Empty Re: Future RP world ideas

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 3 Apr 2013 - 11:09

Just spamming ideas Laughing It could be an interesting idea for a SL within an existing world, too, if we were running out of things to do. I'll try to remember it Smile
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 3 Apr 2013 - 17:27

Great idea. Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 28 Jul 2013 - 21:24

I know we really don't need another world, unless we replace a world Laughing but I've just gotten an idea. Would a world set in the school Pippy had in her One Big Change story be a good idea? Or could we somehow incorporate characters like that somewhere like in W10?
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 14:55

what was the one big change one like?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 16:21

At the start of her story, her main character (Hayley) is in school one day when she has this weird episode and her eyes turn red. This identifies her as one of the Chosen. Everyone freaks out, her mum and stepdad treat her like she's become a demon, and she has to run away to join a private school for the Chosen or she'd die. At this school, she makes friends and learns to control her powers (one elemental control, one extra power). There are 2 students there who are much more powerful than the rest, the last of the Royals. She overhears one of them talking about a disaster he's foreseen. She begins dating the second. When both of them (they're half-brothers) come of age on their 20th birthdays, there's an election and one of them is meant to become king. Her boyfriend proposes to her just before the election because he's the favourite to win and wants her to become queen. However, he loses. His brother then reveals to Hayley that she'd only loved him because he used an ability on her, and that she really loves the other one. He also reveals that Hayley is secretly half-Royal. The first brother murders the second because he wants to be king, Hayley finds out, she avenges him. However, she begins losing control of her powers. It turns out she is the disaster he'd foreseen. Her friends find her, and guided by a mysterious voice begin controlling the elements to stop the disaster. And then she stopped writing Laughing
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 16:22

The way I'd see it working in RP is that you'd still have Chosen, marked by red eyes upon transformation and possessing 1 element and one power. They'd still attend the school, or the existing W10 school. Maybe there'd be no Royals, or each person is limited to 1 Royal, or 1 half-Royal. It could be fun thinking up ways that'd be a secret, apart from the obvious illegitimacy and father abandonment which Hayley had.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 22:20

Oh my God I had completely forgotten about that story! Aww I can still remember I wrote half of the last chapter but I wrote the last half of the last chapter! It was going to work out brilliantly and she'd be queen and it was the one she had loved that had brought her friends to her cos he was using his element which was spirit or whatever so he wasn't really dead..Fuck that was ages ago!

I'd actually really love to do a Game of Thrones-esque world but since you don't watch it it'd be quite hard to explain. It is quite similar to Lord of the Rings with the time it is based, like a mythical world and all but there aren't as many different species types - there are dragons but meh not sure we'd want to bring them into it. And then basically there are a lot of powerful and well respected families and I'm explaining this super badly.. Also not too sure how it'd work so maybe not with that one haha
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 22:31

What do you think of a Chosen world, though? Smile

What would they do in a GoT RP World? Do they have powers or supernatural natures or anything? Or is it just medieval politics and fighting?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 22:43

Yeah I quite like it Smile I agree spacing out the royals could be a challenge, but it seems fair!

Well mostly in the show it is fighting for the throne - the majority of the different families are against each other but really it'd just be a standard world, there's a lot of wars, normally over the throne but it can be anything really. It's mostly supernatural politics. It'd be hard to chose who'd actually be the king/queen at the start though, so yeah it'd be hard. And we'd need to sort out who the families are evrything..

There's also a Wall in the very north of the world that is guarded by the Night's Watch and there's white walkers, which is basically the walking dead and they're super hard to kill and if they touch you you will raise as one of them. One family used to have dragons and there's other creatures but not really mythical ones. honestly, it'd be a hard enough world to RP in knowing the show so it's probably too much bother.

Plus, I'd have to pick a house to align myself with and there's literally about a hundred houses and I'm in love with at least 70% of them. And then the super popular one is one of the three I don't like
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 22:48

lol!

I remember now guessing that the voice was Gabriel, so I was right Very Happy Does that mean he was gonna come back to life? My other guess was that she'd eventually move on with Matt.

I actually have a different, not illegitimate daughter idea for a half-royal. Well, a bit different Razz
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 23:07

Yeah, you were! I can't remember if I had plans for him to come back but if not he'd just follow her in spirit and whisper to her - nah, actually, I think it did eventually lead to him coming back but I'm not exactly sure how.. No, Matt was with Elle, couldn't break them up! Or did I? haha

That sounds interesting enough then Smile Are we going to stick to the Royals being more common then?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 23:11

You kept saying that Matt wouldn't get back with Elle but he'd still have a happy ending Laughing Can't remember if you actually changed your mind because of his nagging though.

I'd go more for present generation Royals being really rare - just a handful, maybe one each - but more halfies? Are we making a new world for this? Or adding to W10?

Can you check my W5 post in Discussions? And my W7 one?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 5 Aug 2013 - 0:25

Wayward Daughter wrote:You kept saying that Matt wouldn't get back with Elle but he'd still have a happy ending :lol:Can't remember if you actually changed your mind because of his nagging though.

I'd go more for present generation Royals being really rare - just a handful, maybe one each - but more halfies? Are we making a new world for this? Or adding to W10?

Can you check my W5 post in Discussions? And my W7 one?

Oh shit man, yeah! I can't remember what it was now, but he wasn't ending up with Hayley. I'm pretty sure Elle was evil in someway, or cheating on him or something - I can remember that it was going to be a happy ending but not whatever the hell it was... maybe i was going to write in a Pippy character for him.

Yeah I agree with you! Do you want to stick with the idea of royal elections as well or not?I'd say adding to W10 seems logical, unless you've got too much going on in that world?

Yeah will do!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 5 Aug 2013 - 9:19

Pippy character Laughing Trust you. In a way I was thinking of Hayley as a differently named Pippy character, which might explain some of why she could end up with him. Plus the best friends thing - he was clearly the surviving male character she was closest with.

You had her cheating on him with one of the teachers. Then you suggested that was part of Rob's manipulations too, but never really explained it clearly Laughing

W10? I have 3 sets of characters there currently, that's nowhere near too many Laughing Not sure about the elections though. Maybe stay silent on it at first? It could be something we add in later if we feel like going with it.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 23:43

In a world where the truth about abilities and the people having them has been exposed to the public, forces are rising. Heroes.

These Evolved Heroes have become the ultimate celebrities, becoming more popular than pop and movie stars combined. And the number of heroes has increased due to a new formula that has been created. But even people without powers go to extremes to become the very best heroes, to rise to fame and fortune with inventions and gadgets taken from what could be gadgets taken from a Science Fiction movie.

Lately, people have started to call themselves not just heroes, but villains too, ready to rise up and take down the faction of heroes that try to rule the cities. People who are sick and tired of being pushed around by hero wannabees or people who want to continue being as bad as they always been. And some just want to be acknowledged by the media, no matter if the publicity is good or bad.    

Even with rivalry and competition, all but friendly, between heroes and villains, and within their separate factions as well, in the media, other activity goes on behind the scenes. Behind the smoke and mirrors, governments, organizations and agencies alike all want the power that these evolved humans can give them, and they don’t hesitate to play dirty.      

In this new world with forces that are growing beyond control, where new technological discoveries are made every day and a world where the media are constantly fueled with the latest , can you really know who is calling the shots and who is just a pawn in another person’s game.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 25 Aug 2013 - 19:55

Basically sounds like what's going on in many worlds shrug The celebrity status thing could happen in W1 or W8, in both of which abilities are exposed, but I don't think every character would want the fame. It just doesn't suit some personalities. And the rest? Kinda sounds like the formula. Which obviously we're using in W5.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 22:43

Any idea of how we could liven up W12? Or a different world we could transpose our characters and stories into? Personally, I'd just want to keep the characters and abilities of Naomi and Liam, and the background, triangle and enemy group of Pariah for Fallon Industries.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 11:33

Mrs P Sylar wrote:*silence* Mine's..based on songs, and different programmes Wink

Now I'm wondering which songs you based Bailey and Goru on Laughing The show is obviously SPN

Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:there are 12 districts in the future and every year two people (boy and girl) are picked to take part in the annual hunger games. This is an arena to fight to death.

Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:its basically set in a distant future. America is split up to 12 districts, 2 are chosen.

each 2 children are meant to fight for death in the arena, and its all shown at home, on tv. Like a reality show. The capitol, sort of like the government of the districts and the hunger games, can control the arena and put like wolves in. They also have mutations of animals, like the contestants that died, they took their bodies and mutated them with wolves.

Now that I've watched The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, I'm liking the idea of  a roleplay world based on it Laughing We'd have to alter it a bit though. With the current canon idea, we'd all be disagreeing over who survives since it's unlikely that we could all have winners. My idea is that there'd be a District for each roleplayer. Instead of 2 tributes for each one, there'd be say 10. All the tributes from one district would have to fight each other to survive. So say if we had three roleplayers, there'd be three victors normally.

Mrs P Sylar wrote:Erm.. It's like, they like start as kids (or did) and they are like, kept in a facility, and like, don't know about outside life :(And then maybe some of them could break out, and people can try and hunt them down and shit Smile

Mrs P Sylar wrote:It's all pretty much the same idea Laughing Dark Angel's a programme, the Island's a film - that when people are like, cloned and used as spare parts, in case the person they are clones of are in need :)and the other film is a film in the cinema atm :)With Andrew Garfield Very Happy

This also sounds cool Smile Could you combine the two (this and THG)? Humans cloned on purpose to provide feeding stock for the games?

Neodraconis wrote:I have an idea even though I don´t know if it is of any use. How about one world where the specials have to hide underground and build a society in poor places. And that, to make money some have to win "Arena battles" which is like battles between specials. Like a modern Colosseum world? I don´t know, maybe it is kinda stupid, don´t really know. What do you think?  

Another similar idea Smile

Neodraconis wrote:I know I come with way too many ideas, but I can post it anyway. :)How about a world where it is like a new generation of heroes, like that Peter Petrelli and all the other guys are getting to old and their kids becomes heroes, or not if they wish not too be. And then, that the villains do the same.  Question  Smile  Question

I actually read a fanfic based on this concept Smile The idea was cool. The actual story was crap because it just recycled the S1 storylines: stuff like making Monty manifest EM and struggle to control it, giving Simon IA (from somewhere Razz ) and making Peter and Emma's kid develop MPD. All the same issues.

Neodraconis wrote:Another idea...

Comets start falling down on earth, but it is not regular comets. The comets have stones in them. Not regular stones but they each had a different colour and they were all original in their own way. Every stone contain the energy of an unique ability. A couple of years after the comet shower, these stones are everywhere. They have been spread, some have been made in rings while some has just not been found and lay in the dirt and just have to be found. Now, in the present, people have started to find these different stones and when they access the energy inside, they can do supernatural things. Some of these stones energy makes a person able to read minds, others to control and create fire. People notice this and some groups of peoples search to find these stones while others think one is enough. Some is afraid of these mysterious stones and don't want to have anything to do with them. Some use this to do deeds of evil while some use this to do deeds of good. Some go on the quest to find some way to get this supernatural abilities permanent while others destroy these stones in the quest to make the world back to normal. What is your quest?

This one's given me an idea too. Instead of stones, objects? Jewellery? People would need to keep these to gain powers. Some would hide them on their person to prevent them being stolen, and gain some amount of element of surprise because people wouldn't know what they had (say you know what a stone/piece does just by looking at it). Others flaunt theirs and their power level.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 10 Mar 2014 - 11:35

Wayward Daughter wrote:Pippy character Laughing Trust you. In a way I was thinking of Hayley as a differently named Pippy character, which might explain some of why she could end up with him. Plus the best friends thing - he was clearly the surviving male character she was closest with.

You had her cheating on him with one of the teachers. Then you suggested that was part of Rob's manipulations too, but never really explained it clearly Laughing

W10? I have 3 sets of characters there currently, that's nowhere near too many Laughing Not sure about the elections though. Maybe stay silent on it at first? It could be something we add in later if we feel like going with it.

A question about the Chosen SL:
    You know we discussed HM as one of the Royal powers, and my character was going to have it? We said at the time that he'd be able to affect humans more strongly, but wouldn't it make more sense the other way around? Affecting other Royals and half Royals best, then Chosen, then humans and other types of freaks.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 5 Dec 2014 - 15:59

Wayward Daughter wrote:
    Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:there are 12 districts in the future and every year two people (boy and girl) are picked to take part in the annual hunger games. This is an arena to fight to death.

Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:its basically set in a distant future. America is split up to 12 districts, 2 are chosen.

each 2 children are meant to fight for death in the arena, and its all shown at home, on tv. Like a reality show. The capitol, sort of like the government of the districts and the hunger games, can control the arena and put like wolves in. They also have mutations of animals, like the contestants that died, they took their bodies and mutated them with wolves.

Now that I've watched The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, I'm liking the idea of  a roleplay world based on it Laughing We'd have to alter it a bit though. With the current canon idea, we'd all be disagreeing over who survives since it's unlikely that we could all have winners. My idea is that there'd be a District for each roleplayer. Instead of 2 tributes for each one, there'd be say 10. All the tributes from one district would have to fight each other to survive. So say if we had three roleplayers, there'd be three victors normally.

Or we could each be mainly roleplaying a different year's Games lol! Can't believe I didn't think of that earlier. We could also make more minor characters to be sacrificed in other years, if we wanted to interact earlier.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 17 Apr 2015 - 18:01

Neodraconis wrote:In a world where the truth about abilities and the people having them has been exposed to the public, forces are rising. Heroes.

These Evolved Heroes have become the ultimate celebrities, becoming more popular than pop and movie stars combined. And the number of heroes has increased due to a new formula that has been created. But even people without powers go to extremes to become the very best heroes, to rise to fame and fortune with inventions and gadgets taken from what could be gadgets taken from a Science Fiction movie.

Lately, people have started to call themselves not just heroes, but villains too, ready to rise up and take down the faction of heroes that try to rule the cities. People who are sick and tired of being pushed around by hero wannabees or people who want to continue being as bad as they always been. And some just want to be acknowledged by the media, no matter if the publicity is good or bad.    

Even with rivalry and competition, all but friendly, between heroes and villains, and within their separate factions as well, in the media, other activity goes on behind the scenes. Behind the smoke and mirrors, governments, organizations and agencies alike all want the power that these evolved humans can give them, and they don’t hesitate to play dirty.      

In this new world with forces that are growing beyond control, where new technological discoveries are made every day and a world where the media are constantly fueled with the latest , can you really know who is calling the shots and who is just a pawn in another person’s game.

A new idea I've had, might be crazy Smile Laughing I think we could alter W12 up a bit. What if someone used Distortion to switch it from a spies with superpowers world to a more superheroes/supervillains world? We could have secret groups, hidden identities, people wearing costumes & masks etc. It'd also be an opportunity to introduce new characters. And if it doesn't work out, we could have the Distortion be undone.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 10:01

What about a world where powers get exposed, stuff goes bad and then the EHs wipe the NEHs memories of everything involving abilities for self-protection? Or it could be a SL within an existing world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024 - 7:40