Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 16:19

Gently, I let go, stepping away. I was still blinking away those tears, stopping them from falling. I couldn't afford them. Not now.

I.... I have to, I whispered. I have to change things.... so I have to do this. I'm sorry, Jake. More than you'd ever believe.

Raising my right hand, I let a sphere of energy build up within it, the replaced ability I'd borrowed from him. Judging by his disbelieving look, he didn't know he'd had it, yet. But that didn't matter. It was mine now. It'd always be mine. I needed something to remember him by. Closing my eyes, wincing, I let the sphere go. It struck him directly in the heart. He collapsed backwards, dead.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 22:08

Wayward Daughter wrote:(If Matt looks 16 and Asher is 28, wouldn't that mean Asher'd been 12 when he potentially fathered him? But then he says later on that it was during college)

(I was really hoping you didn't do the maths Wink Matt only looks 16 - he's really only 14/15, but I know it's still ridiculously young, that's why Asher's age changed five or six times Razz)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 22:36

(Still too young, with the college comment Razz College means Asher should be four to eight years older than he is, or Matt should be even younger)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 21:23

I stood there then, frozen, just watching his dying body... his dead body. He hit the concrete with an audible thud, blood gushing from the burned hole in his chest. The hole I'd placed there. I found that I couldn't move, paralysed by the sight, by the memory, by the lingering final expression still on his face.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 21:46

Wayward Daughter wrote:(Still too young, with the college comment Razz College means Asher should be four to eight years older than he is, or Matt should be even younger)

(I know, it doesn't work, but I didn't want Asher to be any older Razz)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 21:54

(*is disappointed by the lack of reaction*)

I don't know how long I'd stood there, motionless, before I fled. It could have been hours. Mere little details like the passing time had ceased to have any meaning, and I barely registered the sounds of the sirens as they approached, a neighbour having heard some confrontation and rang 911. It wasn't self-preservation which moved me. I didn't care about that, not any more. But a stray thought made me realise how this'd look - an EH murder - how it'd stop the future from changing, and make Jake's death be possibly in vain. That moved me.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 17:00

Present time

Luckily, I'd been at home, alone, when it struck. When all these emotions and memories flooded into me, knocking me backwards with the force of them. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to explain it, wouldn't have been able to even try. Tears were tracking their way suddenly down my face, but I was barely aware of them.

Jake.... I whispered. It was a name I'd never heard or spoken before in my life. I didn't know any Jake. But I did.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 19:40

(Surprised World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 2 183313 Crying or Very sad World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 2 183313)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 19:44

Somehow, that name had become painfully, achingly familiar, more familiar to me than my own. I didn't even know him.... and yet I did. I did know him. I loved him. And I'd lost him. I knew that, before the death would even be reported or recorded, before there was any tangible way of confirming it. It was just this gnawing feeling, deep within me, this pain tearing through.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 20:03

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 2 183313 Surprised World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 2 183313 World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 2 183313 World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 2 183313
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 20:28

(You gonna continue, or have I angst-shocked you out of RPing?)

I didn't even know where he was, and that realisation made me shudder. I didn't know anything about him.... nothing but his name - Jake Andy Cassidy - and 3 years that'd never happen, and the surety that I loved him. I loved him so much that I'd killed him, to save him from himself, and chosen to carry the blood myself so that I could cling to some memories, however painful.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 14:33

Like my future self had been before, I found myself frozen where I was for hours, too paralysed by the emotional pain. I was barely aware of the tears tracing down my face. It was just impossible.... so surreal. So painful. I couldn't wrap my mind around it all. My life had turned upside down in a few seconds; I hadn't experienced anything like this before. I hadn't even known I had such abilities. The bitterness was how the revelation was meaningless, when none of them could save Jake. I couldn't even try. It was too late, before I'd known.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 19:42

(Pretty much angst-shock!! Surprised Surprised Surprised)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 20:36

(Did I actually manage to keep the SL a secret, then? I was worrying it was too obvious)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 18:48

Lost in shock and pain, I hadn't been in a fit state to do much of anything over the next few days. I couldn't think clearly, and I hadn't been into work, not considering phoning in and trying to give some explanation of sorts, either. I hadn't talked to my family, or any friends. Whenever I'd pass someone outside the apartment, my numbness made me barely realise they were there. It was an entire week before something snapped me out of this behaviour, and only one thing could do it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 18:43

My eyes had ran through the different sections of the paper automatically, barely taking anything in. One section, however, still managed to stand out. One name. Tears filled my eyes as I softly traced over that name, over and over again.... Jake. Written there in black ink, conclusive proof, an obituary to show that this was more than just my crazy emotions. The funeral was tomorrow. 2pm.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 23:18

A new certainty had filled me, the second I'd seen the writing, and I knew that I would be there. Even though explaining my presence would be near impossible. I just had to.... I had to give myself a chance, the chance to say goodbye. The chance to say goodbye to someone I'd never met, yet knew completely. Maybe afterwards, I'd miraculously be able to find some closure.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 26 Jan 2012 - 18:55

Wayward Daughter wrote:(Did I actually manage to keep the SL a secret, then? I was worrying it was too obvious)

(I barely had a clue lol! And World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 2 183313)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 26 Jan 2012 - 19:47

(I really thought it'd be obvious, once they mentioned remembering so you knew it wouldn't just be losing each other by altering time)

The rest of the day passed by in the same agonised haze as the rest of the week had, but at last now I felt that I had some purpose. I found myself struggling to sleep that night, plagued by memories and nightmares, and at 6am, I finally gave up on it. I dragged myself up, and went to make myself a coffee. Within ten minutes the tears had began to fall. I didn't even bother with makeup, knowing too well that it'd end up smudged and pouring down my entire face.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 28 Jan 2012 - 14:43

(Crying or Very sad)

When the phone rang, I answered. The conversation was short, and when it was over, I let out a loud and embarrassing scream of excitement Oh my God!! I yelled, summoning Asher, who was clearly worried.

What's wrong?! he demanded, his voice panicked.

I got a job!! I shouted, the words seeming impossible.. I had an actual job.

Asher rolled his eyes, disappointed that he had got up to check on me Awesome

I get to quit! Oh my God! Will you come with me to quit?!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 28 Jan 2012 - 22:06

( lol! XD )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 28 Jan 2012 - 22:57

Why? he asked, and I laughed, explaining that I wanted moral support and someone to sit with me and order the most complex drinks possible.

He sighed, but a few hours later, we headed out. I chose a sparkly dress and high heels, since the thought of getting to quit that job was just.. heaven. Asher hadn't made much of an effort. I arrived an hour late to my shift, and when I got there, the manager came over and started yelling at me immediately. I looked down, ignoring the woman, picking up one of the plastic coated menus that usually ended up covered in vomit.
    Hi.. Can we get.. a shot from every bottle you have please?

Each, agreed Asher, laughing. My boss, Shirley, basically exploded. I couldn't stop laughing at her reaction, until she finally found a word.

If your friend, the customer, wants a shot from every bottle, you can get it for him yourself.

I thought only employees were allowed behind the counter? I asked, still playing it innocent. I quit and.. yeah, I want our drinks please
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 28 Jan 2012 - 23:01

I took a cab to the church, not trusting myself to drive given how my tears were threatening to blind me. Thankfully, the driver took one look at those, and decided not to ask any questions or attempt any small talk. I knew that I wouldn't have been able to deal with either. When we arrived, I thanked him in a croaky voice, realising that these were the first words I'd spoken all day, as I paid. I walked slowly upwards to the building, wishing I could be numb. This agonising, breaking pain was just so hard to deal with.... I wondered if I'd made a mistake coming here, but the second I thought it, I winced. I couldn't stay away. I couldn't do him that dishonour.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 20:31

Slipping into the back of the hall, I silently took a seat, and waited, looking around without actually taking anything in. I was only half seeing my surroundings. The other part of my mind was lost in those memories, in every glimpse of Jake's life I'd ever seen. A life he'd never live now. A life I'd taken from him. I knew that he'd asked for it, tried to do the taking himself, and that it was to change the future - but that was no crumbs of comfort, at all. Nothing could be.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 23:16

I tried to listen, as the preacher began speaking, but his dry words offered little comfort either. They were completely empty to me, void of meaning. Neither were the eulogies his family and colleagues spoke, their memories different from mine - they'd truly known a different man, a different Jake. That thought was painful, and terrifying. It hadn't struck me before how screwed up my position was. In love with a stranger. In love with memories I'd never earn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 7:48