Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

2 posters

Guiding Music

Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Guiding Music Empty Guiding Music

Post by Neodraconis Sun 16 Sep 2012 - 14:33

(A note. When song names appear in the story, you are welcome to click on the youtube link to the song.)

Trevor yelled right up in the air. This was horrible!! He had no idea where he was, only how he had gotten there. The forest around him seemed a little familiar but not Damn Leo! Why the hell did he have to sing Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day. He knew that would make the street empty, especially since his voice is great at portraying loneliness and despair. Trevor started moving in a direction that seemed to lead back to the town.

He would have used his phone, but he hadn't been able to make it work, no matter which song he used. And the idiots who interrupted the phone signals with "No Phone" a couple of months back couldn't fix it either. He hated all of the idiots who just destroyed things. Sure, not all of them intended to, but still. And all seemed to like all of the bad songs.

Trevor himself liked more of the happy or fiery and fierce songs. Mostly the top 100 songs. His nemesis Leo was the opposite, singing what was popular a couple years back and what was more nerve-racking, was that people liked Leo better. He would show them! He too could sing songs that wasn't the top 100, but if they thought he would sing desperate love songs they were sadly misstaken.

Trevor cleared his mind and focused on a song that he thought could fit for making him find home. He remembered a "Foo Fighters" song from a couple of years back and decided that it would do. The lyrics of "Learn To Fly" was pretty easy to sing, he thought. So he tried to feel the song, like he had done with hundreds of others. Feeling was the most important step, otherwise it wouldn't work.

When he opened his tenor voice, he automatically started dancing slightly with some good, some foolish, hand gestures and steps with his feet. He opened up strong.

"Run and tell all of the angels, this could take all night
    Think I need a devil to help me get things right
    Hook me up a new revolution ‘cause this one is a lie
    We sat around laughin’ and watched the last one die"

He started to notice how the familiar energy inside him started to form into a soon visible form. He continued the next verse while the energy continued building for the words that he had focused on to not let the energy go haywire, while doing matching hand gestures to the music. He also tapped the rythm on the ground to keep his timing as good as possible.

"Yeah, I’m lookin’ to the sky to save me
    Lookin’ for a sign of life
    Lookin’ for something to help me burn out bright
    I’m lookin’ for a complication
    Lookin’ ‘cause I’m tired of lyin’
    Make my way back home when I learn to fly high"

Suddenly, his body lifted from the ground, just as Trevor hoped it would. He continued singing the song to keep the effect alive. Soon, he could see past the trees and he quickly found which way would lead home. He started to sing not as loud and powerful. Instead he sang more quietly and carefully, which made his body slowly decsend from the sky, down to earth. However, the song ended before he was on the ground, so he had to fall three meters from the air. Luckily he landed okay so he brushed of the dirt and headed hom. Though he was tired after the song, he felt that the kick of energy and pride of accomplishing it was a good substitute for caffeine
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Guiding Music Empty Re: Guiding Music

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 16 Sep 2012 - 14:51

Cool idea Smile

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 3:41