Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

3 posters

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Empty The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 27 Dec 2012 - 22:57

Just seen it, and overall, I really liked it Very Happy I was really nostalgic at everything that was familiar since it appeared in LOTR too Laughing And Thorin was brilliant once I got over the accent, anyway - it was weird hearing dwarves with accents which aren't from North Wales Wink I liked most of the stuff they changed, like bringing in more of the White Council - bet they'll continue that and show what happens to Gandalf after.

However, I didn't really like the last fight scene near the end. I get that they were trying to get Bilbo to prove himself, but I couldn't believe that he'd be the one running out first to defend Thorin, before the other dwarves most of which are his relatives!! Also, what was with all the falling? 2 or 3 times you had characters falling depths which I'm sure ought to be fatal! Laughing
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Empty Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 28 Dec 2012 - 2:22

Oh my God, it was sooo good, wasn't it?! I was feeling so nostalgic, too Razz second I get home I'm gonna watch all of them again - extended editions of course because really? who even watches the original versions.. Thorin was great and I love Kili or Fili I don't even know which he was and I love him. The dark haired one who was ridiculously attractive for a dwarf.. Yeah, I found the White Council stuff interesting and then Luke & I had to quarrel over what actually happened to Saruman because we couldn't quite remember Wink

I agree, the last fight scene was a bit too much, but somehow I was still in semi-tears at a little bit of it shrug Yeah, the other dwarves stepping back was a bit ridiculous Nod There was quite a lot of falling - and in the Orcs bit, the fighting was slightly too choreographed - as in everything they tried to do succeeded in killing just the right amount of people and it was a bit.. too neat if you get me?

Not as good as the Lord of the Rings films - but come on, without Aragorn and Legolas they had to make allowances and it was a brilliant film like completely and I can't wait for the other two when I get to fall in love with Legolas again and omfg I realised the other day that I can basically consider Legolas to be like my first love I mean really
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 29 Dec 2012 - 13:03

It was brilliant! Very Happy But I kinda got upset near the start remembering who dies. And it has to be extended versions, I agree with you there Wink We don't even have the shorter ones. Now I want to rewatch them Laughing When we got back from watching it on Thursday night, Cadi decided she wanted to reread the Hobbit, and spent ages trying to find it Laughing
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 3 Jan 2013 - 22:51

Yeah, I remembered just at the end when I was basically crying anyway.. I'm gonna have to recommend no one comes and sees the third part of the hobbit with me.. YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I FOUND OUT. WE DON'T HAVE THE SECOND ONE EXTENDED EDITION. WELL, WE DID, THEN LUKE LOST IT BUT I'VE ORDERED ANOTHER ONE I DON'T CARE THAT I HAVE NO MONEY LEFT ALREADY IT'S IMPORTANT. IT ARRIVES TOMORROW SO BIG PLANS..
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 3 Jan 2013 - 23:12

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Poor you.... I've just finished rewatching that one Razz Think it'll be the third tomorrow, even though I saw about half of it when it was on TV recently Laughing Bits are different Wink Well, longer/new anyway....

I remembered the first time Kili and Fili appeared Sad
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 0:30

I skipped the Fellowship because I saw that not too long ago and went straight to four and a half hours of Return of the King and holy crap it was awesome. I impressed myself on being word perfect at far too many occasions. THE BEACONS OF MINAS TIRITH! THE BEACONS ARE LIT! GONDOR CALLS FOR AID................... And Rohan will answer. Muster the Rohirrim! Assemble the army at Dunharrow. As many men as can be found. You have two days. On the third we ride for Gondor... and war. (I was gonna say that was my favourite scene, but I'm not sure, because I really love Gandalf telling the bitchy stewart that he cannot deny the return of the king and then Merry&Pippin dancing on the table and Legolas explaining "A DIVERSION", and Aragorn's speech at the black gate, and "you bow to no one" and that time when Aragorn gets given the blade of Anduril and when they're re-forging it and oh my god when he says "for Frodo" and I cry and when Gimli says Legolas is his BFFL and when Faramir gets all pissy with his asshole father for loving Boromir more and then Boromir appears behind him and Gandalf beats the shit out of the stewart with his staff and I kinda love the "I am no man" and when Pippin finds Merry and holy fuck I really really love that film)

Lowri, can we build beacons the whole way from my house to yours and if I'm ever in danger I can light the beacons (we're gonna have to employ some people to wait by the other beacons to light them, obviously) and Cadi can say "PIPPY CALLS FOR AID" and after an appropriate awkward silence when everyone is staring at you, you can say "AND LOWRI WILL ANSWER. MUSTER THE LOWRIM." and it can be the best moment ever.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 12:48

You have far too many fav scenes! Laughing Mine is, quite easily, when the Rohirrim appear on the battlefield, and the entire Death speech.... or really, it's like the entire battle from that part onwards Razz I found myself quoting Theoden's entire speech there.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 15:39

Theoden is a bit of a babe throughout but I tend to quote Aragorn's Black Gate speech more shrug And yes, I really do Nod Also, made the important life decision to have nine pets and name them all after the lord of the rings characters and then I can collectively call them the fellowship of the ring like "I need to go and feed the fellowship" and "I can't go out, I'm looking after the fellowship" and idk what other examples but there will some!

Oh, and don't worry my Two Towers arrived yesterday and I felt like crying I was so relieved
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 16:29

That's about as bad as me wanting 7 brown Labradors named after the Domne's sons from Mordant's Need lol! And Aragorn's speech is probably the best pre-battle speech ever Nod

Phew Wink
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 22:11

WE SHOULD DO IT BOTH. I mean, it's better than my original idea of having nine children and naming them all after the fellowship because it was gonna be cool, but nine kids? really? and what if like, legolas wasn't blonde and his hair sucked and what if gimli was like tall or frodo was actually interesting, it'd be too much

Aragorn's speech is just so amazing I use it to motivate myself for things in daily life.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 22:38

I'd never be able to do that - can you imagine over half of my kids being short? lol! I doubt any would have a chance of that..... And you saying 9 is too many?! Are you ill? Surprised Wink

Do you really? Laughing I find it's a bit overkill for that Wink But then, I've had Do You Hear The People Sing stuck in my head all week, since deciding we were gonna go see Les Mis, and that's similar.....
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 21 Jan 2013 - 14:04

Well, that would be bad enough lol! But two of them get to be fucking giants Wink I might be ill lol!

Did you like Les Mis? Or have you seen it yet? Laughing I don't know, I just find it really motivation, but like with all of the motivational songs I love, I never tend to do anything except feel like I could accomplish things if I tried
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 21 Jan 2013 - 19:26

We decided it was snowing too much to go see it - basically, any snow/ice makes Mam refuse to leave the house Wink - so we're talking about going next weekend instead. I'll probably start off a thread about it once I've seen it Smile
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 20:17

I went in the snow to see it, mum was fretting that I'd get stuck at the cinema but I was all for it cos I could've walked to Seline&stayed with her Wink You seen/plan on seeing Django?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 20:18

I went in the snow to see it, mum was fretting that I'd get stuck at the cinema but I was all for it cos I could've walked to Seline&stayed with her Wink You seen/plan on seeing Django?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 20:34

Mam kept saying that the car park would be an ice rink if we went during that cold week Laughing She's already dreading next week.

Not sure, I've heard the name but I can't remember what it's about...
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 20:35

What's next week? Smile You guys still got bad weather in Wales, then?

It's the new Tarantino one, I'm going to see it with dad tomorrow, but I heard it's brilliant Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 20:52

It's rain this week, but it's meant to be getting colder again by next week shrug

As in an action, fighting film? I generally don't bother with those. Might go see Beautiful Creatures though.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 20:56

We've had loads of rain but I think we're over snow & ice finally

Yeah, probably Smile Idk, not normally too bothered but I really love Tarantino so I'm there Smile
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 20:56

We've had loads of rain but I think we're over snow & ice finally

Yeah, probably Smile Idk, not normally too bothered but I really love Tarantino so I'm there Smile
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 20:57

I don't know if I've ever seen anything by him shrug Laughing Like I said, I don't usually bother.
    anonymousidentity20k
    anonymousidentity20k
    Mystery Man
    Mystery Man

Post by anonymousidentity20k Sat 9 Feb 2013 - 21:52

Such a great film although I did notice some minor errors concerning the material used from Unfinshed Tales and the LOTR appendices particularly concerning Azog and the Battle of Azanulbizar but best movie of 2012 can't wait for the Desolation of Smaug Theatrical DVD I believe is being released in the latter half of April this year with a rumoured Extended Version being released around the time of release for the second film Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 10:57

Yeah, Azog was meant to have died in the Battle of Anubizar and it's his son (Bolg?) who appears in the Hobbit, right? He's meant to only get involved in the battle at the end, though. They're technicalities only obsessed people like us would notice though. At least they've tried incorporating more shrug
    anonymousidentity20k
    anonymousidentity20k
    Mystery Man
    Mystery Man

Post by anonymousidentity20k Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 15:19

Very true I still enjoyed it though and yeah Bolg is the leader of the goblin army in the Battle of Five Armies at the end of the book so he can get vengence on the dwarves for the death of his father at the hands of Dain during the battle of Azanulbizar he does appear in that battle very briefly during the film I think it's just after the part where Azog kills Thror aand holds his head aloft. I think one of my favourite parts was Radagast investigating Dol Guldur when the Witch King attacks him that was to awesome Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 20:50

Trailer for the second half (which btw doesn't look as if it could fit a third....)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024 - 22:54