Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

3 posters

Sherlock

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Sherlock Empty Sherlock

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 13:22

What did you guys think of the first episode of S3? I liked it. The different survival theories were hilarious. I actually started falling for the initial one - though the bungee jump made me suspicious, I was wondering why no one not in with the plan hadn't happened to spot the rope Laughing Was the one Sherlock revealed the truth? I think it's part of the truth, but with some essential bits missing. No idea what those bits are, though.
    The Little Lebowski
    The Little Lebowski

Sherlock Empty Re: Sherlock

Post by The Little Lebowski Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 13:38

When that first fall was shown I was convinced it was real (at that point we hadn't really been given a reason not to trust it) and got so mad. I was ready to call out Moffat for bringing in the horrible ways he resolves cliffhangers in Doctor Who. And then it was revealed to be a stupid theory and all was forgiven. The fangirl Moriarty theory had me in stitches though.

The episode was great and really funny as a whole. I loved Sherlock yelling he didn't want people to know he was still alive. And including all the theories without making it clear if what Sherlock said is true or not was the right decision. After all the build up the truth would only disappoint one part of the fan base.

Sherlock's reveal does make the most sense and was the simplest but I don't know if it's true, or if I want it to be true. The whole body almost identical to Sherlock is too convenient and it was pointless to include it if Sherlock was just going to cover himself in fake blood and cut off his pulse anyway. Not to mention how convenient it was that that person was now dead and they just happened to come across the body. The body was removed before Watson got there so it's not like he could see it. I'm also curious about the vital clue from the end of series 2 that Moffat claimed nobody picked up on. If it was the girl screaming at Sherlock, many fan theories I saw included that so if the claim was just Moffat lying to save face and put people off I will be disappointed. The next episodes should make it clear.

It might have been explained last night and I missed it, but one thing I still don't get from series 2 is the hitman thing. Moriarty sent 3 hitman to kill the people he knew Sherlock cared about if he didn't jump but how would they know? The sniper seemed to have it sight on John the entire time so he couldn't see Sherlock, and if he could he would have likely been able to see him faking his death. Yet he saw John and then put his gun away. I'm assuming he then sent a text to call off the others.
    A Returning Charlotte
    A Returning Charlotte
    Brilliant

Post by A Returning Charlotte Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 20:41

I just have no freakin' clue really. Poor Anderson.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 6 May 2024 - 20:25