Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+6
Wayward Daughter
Rokstarr
MATTYGUY
Flying Man!
ItsAGibbo
Mrs P Sylar
10 posters

One Big Change

Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

One Big Change - Page 2 Empty Re: One Big Change

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 17:45

“I... I don’t know,” I lied. My voice was shaking. I was terrified.
    “You’re not one of them, are you?!” screeched my mother, glaring at me. She looked at her husband, and he reached down to grip her hand.

I didn’t respond. What was I meant to say? Yes? It was the truth.... I was... one of them.

“Mary!” shouted Gerald, rushing into action. “It’s happened! Satan has Marked her as His own!”

I sighed. Didn’t they know anything? “Satan hasn’t marked me. You know who has.”

“Yes. But the people...” he snorted the word, “Up at that... place are Satan’s children! And you’re one of them!”

“Go to your room, young lady! Your father and I need to talk about how to sort this out! You are most certainly not going up... there!”

“DON’T YOU GET ANYTHING?! I’ll die! If you don’t let me go, I’ll die!” Did they want me dead?! I wanted to add in that he wasn’t my father, but then I’d get the speech about how he’d raised me, and cared for me. And “loved” me as his own.

“Go to your room!” flashed my mother.

“FINE!” I yelled, backing out of the room quickly, and stomping up the stairs. No one shouted after me as I slammed my door this time. Too busy deciding where to hide me? As if there was any hiding now.

Once alone, I realised what I needed to do. If they wouldn’t let me go, I’d have to go without their permission. I couldn’t not go. I didn’t want to die.... At least, I didn’t think I did.

I ran around my room, tears rolling down my pale white face, as I threw my school books out of the school bag, and threw my clothes in. I didn’t know what to take. What did you take to a school for freaks? Clown hats? Masks? Bombs? I had no idea.

I just kept moving. I shoved all the clothing I could in the bag. That was all I could think to take. I took my phone and pushed the thing into my pocket. Not that I needed it. No one ever text me, anyway. No one called. Nothing.

Before I could think of where to go next, I heard them shouting. They’d obviously decided. But I wasn’t going down there. I couldn’t face them. They’d stop me. Mum would rather I died than became a... special.

I swung open my window, balancing stupidly on the window ledge. I edged slowly over towards the tree, shouting to tell them I’d be right down. I heard Gerald at the bottom of the stairs, and heard his slow, heavy footsteps on the stairs. The third one from the top creaked, and I freaked. He was too close. I lost my grip on the window, and one leg slid wildly to the right. I collapsed, and landed on the hard grass seven feet below.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 17:48

Cool Smile Starting to see where it might be going now
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 18:06

I love it!
    Well done!
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 18:16

Yeah, it gets explained a lot in the next couple of pages. Wink

And thanks, huns. xx
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 18:48

I didn’t lose consciousness. I don’t think I was even that badly hurt. The ground seemed to.... soften. It was gentler, softer. It almost felt like it was the only thing in the world that didn’t want to hurt me. There was a thud, as Gerald shoved my door against the wall, and I could hear him creeping around my room. The window was still open.

I leaped to my feet, and ran over, throwing my back against the wall, praying he wouldn’t notice my bag. I could hear him breathing. Well, he was growling, more like. I actually wanted to throw a rock at his head. But I didn’t. I stayed still, barely allowing air to my lungs.

The window flew closed a second later, and I heard voices on the other side. He thought I’d run. Which was exactly what I did. I grabbed my bag from where it was still crumpled on the floor, wondering how he hadn’t noticed it.

Running had never been a strong point for me. Neither had walking. Just like exercise never had. But when faced with death, I found it in myself to walk uphill for five miles.

The “school” was up, high on the hilltop, overlooking my crappy hometown. There was only one way in and one way out. One long, thin, road, that circles around the hill, until it reached the old building that had been there longer than I had known.

Once I reached five minutes, I stopped to catch my breath. I could hear a car, coming from down the hill, and I threw myself against into the plants. Once again, I prayed to remain unnoticed.

“Someone’s there,” called a high pitched, frilly, flirty voice.

“Sure, sure,” responded another. I was breathing to loudly, I thought, trying to slow it down. “Is this just another one jokes?” asked the deep, rough voice.

“There is someone there!” shouted the first, sounding annoyed. Another male sighed, and I heard the car door open. Footsteps approached my hiding place.

“Hello?” called the new silky voice, pulling apart the bushes, searching for something... for me. “Hey, hey. Hey there. It’s OK, it’s OK,” he tried to assure me.

“So there is someone there?” asked the first male voice, sceptically.
    “Hey, come here,” repeated the silky voice. He was staring at me, and I wondered how he could see me. It had to be too dark for that. Right? He pulled an arm out, flattening the trees and branches. He reached his other hand through, for me to grasp. I knew I couldn’t run anymore, and I took it, allowing him to pull me into the light. Well, it wasn’t light anymore. The moon was up.

“What’s your name?” he asked, looking me right in the eye. “Oh, hang on. Red eyes? You’re not Hayley Phillips, are you?”

“H-H-Ho-How do you know my name?” I stuttered, confused.

“She the new one?” called the feminine voice.

“Yeah,” responded the silky voice. His face matched his voice. He was good looking. Dark, almost black, hair, bright, baby blue eyes. Charming smile and all. “They announced you earlier, Hayley. It’s nice to meet ya. I’m Rob.” He offered me his hand, and with a trembling hand, I shook it.

“W-Who announced me?” I asked, still confused.

“Oh, of course. You must be confused. Come on, we’ll take you up to the school. Prof Shar can explain it better.” He took my hand again, and led me back to the car. I climbed into the back, in the middle of the other two males. It turned out Rob was driving.

“Oh, sorry. Yeah. This is Kelly Preston, he's Mark, and that’s Gabriel Wolfe,” introduced Rob, as he swung the black sports car around. I was squeezed in between the people who had to be Gabriel and Mark and I wasn't comfortable.

Mark had dark, tanned skin, and pitch black hair with green eyes. Mark had huge muscles, but a playful face. It was Gabriel who scared me. He wasn't huge, but looked capable of pulling me in half. The glare he shot at me made a shiver run through my spine.

The blonde – Kelly – frowned at me, from the front seat, until Rob reached across and took her hand. Figures. Gorgeous girl, gorgeous guy. It’s science.

“Hey, Hay,” laughed the second guy – Mark.

I didn’t get the joke, personally. My name started the same as the word “hey”. So what? I wondered how old they were. They all looked seventeen, minimum.

"I'm Gabriel," explained the second boy, darkly. I hadn't been sure who was who.

"Like the angel?" I asked, sarcastically, before I could stop myself. It was just... he was obviously the one you wanted to stay away from, and his name was plain irony.

Thankfully, he smirked. "Yeah. Just like the angel," he breathed.

The rest of the journey was silence, until we pulled into the schools’ gates.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 18:51

lol! Couldn't resist using that line?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 18:52

Nope, I couldn't! XD Wink
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 19:43

Once the car pulled to a stop, the two people sitting beside me hopped out of the car, and Kelly opened the door, stepping out. As I stood up, I was struck by the beauty of the building. You couldn’t see it from the town, but it was gorgeous. Old fashioned, with grey stone walls, topped off with a black roof, and a huge heavy door that looked like it belonged at Hogwarts.

“I know,” laughed Rob, undoing his seatbelt, and pulling the seat out of the way, so I could climb out.

“You need showing round? I think you’re sharing with Kelly,” breathed Gabriel, who was suddenly right beside my right ear. How the hell had he gotten there so fast? I sighed. I guess nothing was impossible in this school. I jumped, anyway, and ended up nearly falling over. I didn’t hit the ground, as Rob’s strong, firm arms were suddenly underneath me.
    Were good looks and super speed part of this?

“No, it isn’t. That’s just Rob and Gabriel,” answered Mark. I was shocked. Who was he talking to? It sounded like the answer to my thoughts....
    “What?” I asked, playing dumb.

“You asked if good looks and super speed was part of this. And I answered. It’s just Rob and Gabriel,” he sighed.

Did he just answer me thoughts?!

“Yes, I did,” he sighed again, laughing. I jumped, like some had shocked me, and nearly toppled over a second time, only to be caught by Gabriel this time. I hopped back up to my feet, as he laughed.

“Can’t stay on your feet, eh? Just your type, Rob,” he... the word I can think of is... cackled. And just like that, Gabriel turned, and disappeared. I wouldn’t tell if it was into space or into the darkness.

I turned, and saw Rob roll his eyes, a brief smile on his face.

“Come on, I’ll show you round,” sighed Kelly, walking up to me, and straight pass me into the school. The darkness swallowed her, until I followed, and realised it was actually quite bright inside.

She walked around the building, like she owned the place and not once did I see another pupil. When I asked the time, she glared at me, then told it was after 11, so no wonder. They were all probably in bed. I wondered why she wasn’t... and why she was driving out of school with three boys after 11. I sighed, not wanting to ask.

Once we were done, she took me to a door with a number 12 painted on it, with a black imprint of a lily on the wooden door. She pushed it open to reveal the most expensive room I’d ever seen.

There were two obvious halves to the room, one mattress covered in a pink huge duvet, the other a simple grey blanket. She walked straight over to what I assumed was my closet, and pulled out a matching pink duvet.

“My spare,” she explained. “Don’t expect to keep it.” She seemed nice, I thought sarcastically.

“I won’t,” I agreed, exhausted. I yawned.

“I’d shower first. And get that make-up off your face. You can use my stuff until you have your own,” she offered, sincerely. I sighed, thankful, as she pointed to another door and said, bluntly, “Bathroom.”

I smiled at her, and locked myself in. I needed to calm down. I didn’t want to hyperventilate or anything, but I think I was going to.

Once I had showered, I walked out of the bathroom, back in my black hoodie and jeans and was shocked. The room was totally transformed. All the clothing that had been over the once grey side of the room was in a closet that was still open. My bed was made and covered in her duvet. All her books and excess amounts of make up where piled neatly on her desk. I was shocked. She’d tided up? How nice.

“You can meet Shar in the morning, Hayley. Get some sleep,” she said, bluntly, even turning off the light. She was a lot nicer than I had thought she was.
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 19:53

really good, will the hot guy eventually dump the hot girl and go out with you
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 19:54

Good, I like it!
    Very Happy
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 19:54

Laughing I haven't decided, yet, Matt.

Do u want him to? Wink
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 19:56

Oh, yeah!
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 19:57

only if it will add pointless drama APPLE

maybe some new chars like Matt and Elle could be going out whistle
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 19:58

I might do that, just for you! Razz but that might make more drama for you! Twisted Evil
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 19:58

And trust me, if they end up together, the pointless drama will exceed all other possible endings. Wink
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 19:59

maybe.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 20:20

I woke up in the night, with another confused memory. Well, it wasn’t that much later. Two o’clock? Three? My body clock sucked so.... I sighed, and noticed Kelly was asleep in her bed. I sat up, and hobbled across the room to the door that I thought led to the bathroom, when I realised it didn’t, I tried to turn back, and found I couldn’t. The door was locked, and when I tried knocking, no one answered.

So my luck. First night at a new school, and I was already locked outside. I would be the laughing stock of the school by breakfast. Sighing, I did the only thing possible.

I walked down the corridor. I knocked on the next door down. It was number 14, and had a black imprint of a snake on the door. I could just see the outline. There was light creeping out of the door.

Before I could remove my hand, the door was swung open and disappeared from beyond my hand which was now resting on someone’s chest. Someone I recognised was standing on the other side, dressed in black jeans and a black jacket. Just like earlier. I removed it immediately, blushing, and blinking as I looked up. I jumped for about the millionth time that day... or was it a new day now? As I fell to the ground, Gabriel’s strong arms were around my waist again, catching me.

Was I trying to act like the damsel in distress? I hadn’t been this clumsy at my old school.

“You obviously didn’t hear the rules from Kelly. You don’t disturb me.” His voice was colder than his eyes, and they already chilled my spine. I shivered.

“S-S-Sorry,” I muttered, turning my back on him, beginning to walk off in a random direction. Suddenly, his cool hand was grabbing mine, and spinning me back around.

“Why are you up, anyway?” he asked, curiously, as I shivered again.

“I-I-I went the wrong way and.... got locked out,” I admitted, blushing again. He seemed to smile sincerely, and I blinked. Was my utter lack of sense of direction and balance hilarious to him?

“No, no, it’s not that,” he answered, smirking. “And you knocked on my door because.....?”

For some reason, I got the feeling he already knew the answer I was about to give, but I told him, anyway.

“There was a light on, and I was hoping... someone had a key, or something. Do you?” I asked, eagerly, hoping.... just... praying.

“No, but I can get you through the door,” he responded, the smile still covering his face. I smiled, hopefully. He turned, shutting his door in my face. I waited for a few seconds, holding my breath, and then the wrong door opened. Number 12 opened, instead of number 14. And there was Gabriel, standing by the door to my room.

“How did you...?”

“Sleep well, Hayley Phillips. Just remember my rule....” He walked out of my room, and over to the door of his own that was suddenly open again.

“Just like the angel,” I muttered, under my breath, echoing his own words. He’s even worse than me. I was never social, but I never made rules and tried to block people out.

“If that’s what you think, then please... come in,” he shot, like it was a gun. I could hear the venom in his words. I didn’t want to appear afraid, so I stood up straigher, despite my shaking legs and walked into the room.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 20:27

Is he a reality manipulator?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 20:30

Not spoiling it. But............. silent
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 20:31

It's a possibility
    I'm also guessing that he and Hayley end up together. She finds far too many ways to end up touching him otherwise
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 20:33

LOL! Nah. She's just jumpy. Wink
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst