Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+3
MATTYGUY
Chris
Mrs P Sylar
7 posters

One Big Change

Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

One Big Change - Page 14 Empty Re: One Big Change

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 27 May 2010 - 16:29

lol! Working on it. Very Happy
    Chris
    Chris
    Music Is Love

Post by Chris Thu 27 May 2010 - 18:50

gooood Very Happy
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Sat 29 May 2010 - 12:33

*cough*
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 29 May 2010 - 12:34

Sorry. Sad Working on it, xx
    Chris
    Chris
    Music Is Love

Post by Chris Sat 29 May 2010 - 13:20

Surprised
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Sat 29 May 2010 - 13:21

Shocked
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 0:45

An ear piercing, blood curdling screech hastened from my lips, as I dragged myself to my feet, slightly bruised, but uninjured, as I hurried to Gabriel. His body was limp, and I felt nothing but his agony.

Dropping to my knees, I began to inspect the.... the dying man at my side. Still alive, lingering, but his gorgeous face told me he had seconds left. A gaping hole was in the front of his black shirt, and blood oozed out of it, soaking into the dark material, and staining his visible skin. His skin was ghostly pale, and clashed with the blood, but it looked like... I hated to think of the metaphor, but it looked like he was already dead.

Tears fell from my eyes, as I grabbed his feeble hand, stroking the sweat off his forehead, pushing the hair from his eyes. A glimpse at those perfect eyes, still strong, still fighting, showing the knowledge of the inevitable. What he had known was always going to happen... and what I had been too stupid to listen to... to try and stop.

The brilliant green flames reignited, suddenly, forcing me to lean backwards, to avoid burning my face. They spread quickly, trying to engulf his whole body, and more tears fell from my eyes, as I hopelessly attempted to save him. To save the man I loved.

I could his eyes flash, and his lips twitched, trying to move, and failing. I couldn’t help it... I couldn’t help myself, as I forced my body to lean over, and kiss those lips, one last time. I pulled away, after a second, still not ready to let go.

“I love you,” I whispered to his lips, my voice breaking before I could finish, swallowed by a sob. His eyes flickered one last time, as if he was blinking, before they fluttered closed, as no longer open.

“Hayley!” shouted a high pitched voice, filled with loathing and hatred. I looked up, from where I was crumpled over the dead body of the man I loved. My gaze focused on her, as I tried to see if I could make her burn. Kelly had spoken to me, still clinging onto Rob’s left side.

I stood up, shaking myself. I had to look bad, worse than humanly possible, but it didn’t matter. NOTHING MATTERED. Not anymore. Not without him. No life. No meaning. No ending. There was nothing I could do, now. Nothing.

“What?!” I yelled back, another scream bubbling in my throat, but I didn’t want to let it show... not that that was possible. There was no way I could look unconcerned right now.

“Get over it!” replied Rob, his voice at a normal level, but still carrying. It held a cocky air to it, and was followed by a catty laugh. “He’s dead.”

The way he spoke the words... so bluntly. So cold. So emotionless. So unconcerned. He didn’t care that he had just killed his own brother. He didn’t care he had just torn my heart... my life... my existence in half, and stamped on the pieces.

I glared at him, shifting my gaze, trying to burn his face off and kill him. But, of course, it wouldn’t work. My teeth were gritted together, as I growled the words, “What are you going to do now?”

He chuckled. He actually laughed. Right in my face. He had killed practically killed me, killed my heart, killed my love.... killed everything I needed.

“I’m going to kill you, too,” he replied, a horrible and horrific smile covering his features. “A dramatic and horrible accident where he lost control, burning you... burning him.... burning everyone. Traumatic, really. A real accident. And who will be there, to pull the world back together, when they’ve just lost a King? Oh.... wait, me.”

He spoke the words calmly, sarcastic at times, and angry at others, but no matter what, each word made me hate him even more.

Puh-lease!” I spoke. I didn’t even sound like myself... I didn’t even act like myself. I didn’t raise my voice, and tried to sound normal. “Like you’re going back.”

He raised one single eyebrow, still looking relaxed. Apparently Gabriel was the hard one. I was the easy kill. Oh, dear God, was he wrong? “What are you talking about?”

I didn’t even feel like myself... I felt like I was sharing my body. Like someone else was in control, making my mouth move.

“You think I’m going to let you leave?” I asked, sarcasm dripping from my razor sharp tone. I was deadly serious, and raised both my eyebrow – which was odd, because I had never done that before... I guess situations like these were when you really found out everything about yourself – and my arms.

“You think you can stop me?” he asked, echoing my voice. He reached forward, lightening fast again, propelling the same green light at me.

I tried to squeeze my eyes shut. I really thought that was the end. That I was going to die. That I was dead. For good. And for that split second... I felt relieved. I was going to see him again. Heaven, hell, reincarnation, whatever the hell happened when you died... he would be there... and so would I.

But, of course, life isn’t a fairy tale. There are no happily ever afters, where the girl gets rescued, by the handsome prince, and they live forever, ruling the country. That didn’t work. That wouldn’t happen. And without Gabriel... that couldn’t happen.

The light prepared to fly at me, but my already raised left fist swung across, and suddenly the light disappeared, burning into nothingness. It just... wasn’t there anymore.

My hand seemed to pull itself back, two huge balls of normal orange flame, flickers of yellow dotted around it. Nice... it wasn’t a scary flame. It was mine. I could feel the control of it, as I felt the power – my power – flood through my body, awakening my limbs, flowing through my brain and heart. I was ready.

I summoned the control of all of my power, focusing all my energy, as Rob tried to throw another green laser at me. This time, it didn’t even leave his hand.

Even though I didn’t, I knew what was happening. I knew why it was happening.

“What?!” screeched both Kelly and Rob at identical times. This was impossible to them. To me... nothing was impossible... except happiness.

“True potential,” I whispered, the air propelling my words into their faces, sweeping their hair out of their faces, and nipping at their noses, bitter cold. The earth shook, once, as I stepped forward.

“What?!” repeated Rob, trying to throw another laser at me. And another. And another. I could tell the difference, from when he was trying to throw fire, as he literally hurled his fist around. He continued to try and throw fire, but that failed, too.

“It’s an odd thing.... My father realised his true potential, like I have mine. We both possessed the same power... misunderstood for generations. My whole family believed their ability was to control the abilities of others. They forgot.... I control your control of the elements, as well as your power. That is how I have the true possession of every single element. And that is how I am going to kill you.”

His eyes widened, shocked. He had never expected the Dereveuxs could control his elements, as well. Stop that source of power, as well. But the thing was, we could.

“Goodbye,” I whispered, sardonically, sarcastically, pretending to care. I felt my strength waver, as the ground cracked, a huge gaping hole appearing right in front of Rob’s feet. It grew, quickly, spreading forward, outwards. Pretty soon, it was had a circle, going straight around the dumbstruck Rob.

“Three,” I began counting, as the ground shook again.

“Two,” I continued, hearing the scream that burst from Kelly’s lips, as her earth collapsed, and she disappeared into the earth.

“One,” I finished, as Rob’s earth copied Kelly’s cracking. It snapped, clean in two, and he disappeared. Just like that. Simple. Easy. Unbelievably so. I began to doubt that it was all over, as I felt all of my strength disappear... as my felt my control disappear.

I let out a scream, as I turned, and saw again, the spot where Gabriel had been lying. The grass was stained with his blood, as if the earth was bleeding.

I could feel the earth shake, as I began to sob, collapsing to the floor. Quakes seemed to shiver along the surface, shaking the very ground. I didn’t know anything about measuring earthquakes, but I could hear cracks in the earth, beneath my feet.

The air simmered all around me, shaking, and I felt it pushing against me, tugging at my hair, pulling at my clothing. Except it wasn’t little bits of air, it was gale force winds, soon enough. Hard enough to tug at the trees, rustle the leaves, and propel branches at the ground.

Fire loomed in my vision, bright orange and yellow lights encircling my closed ears. The pretty flames danced around the edge of the clearing, licking up at the leaves and branches, attacking at the ground and the hard bark of the trees. The wind caught the flames, and helped to propel it further into the air.

Water was nowhere near me, but I could hear crashing waves, and running water, as if I was standing beside Niagara Falls. As the earth continued to crack, I could see small pools of water floating up to the surface.

“It’s me,” I whispered to myself, my last understandable thought. “It’s me.”
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 0:50

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

Awesome, tragic, unexpected. Just awesome
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 0:52

Thanks!!!!!! Very Happy

Yeah, it was a very long chapter, and I thought about breaking it up, but I couldn't find a good spot to.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 0:53

Nah, it was perfect like that. Better to make it slightly longer than usual if that lets it end at the neccessary cliffie
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 0:56

lol! Yeah, that is a pretty big cliffie. Smile
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 0:57

You couldn't have left that in the middle Nod
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 8:18

Surprised Shocked
    Chris
    Chris
    Music Is Love

Post by Chris Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 19:24

Very Happy Awesome.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 0:53

Thank you, Matt!!! Very Happy The reaction I was going for. Smile

Thanks, Chris!!!! Very Happy Means a lot.
    Chris
    Chris
    Music Is Love

Post by Chris Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 16:23

Your welcome pippy. And thank you, for writing the most awesome story ever. (besides The Vampire Diaries and the Twilight Saga xD)
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 16:46

is Hayley dead?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 16:49

Nah, I think she's just losing control
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 16:56

just the last line sounds a lot like she's dead, or just gone totally mental shrug
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 17:27

The last line is her realising she's what Gabriel's been warning her about. Wink

And awwww! That is SO sweet, Chris!!! Very Happy
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 17:32

Pippy Quinto wrote:my last understandable thought.

sounds like she's going to die, or go into a coma
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 17:35

I think the realisation might make her thoughts go mental. Or she could just be knocked out by the force of what she does shrug
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 17:35

Laughing I guess it does. Wink sorry, it was a bit late when I wrote it. Razz
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 17:35

also a lot of people are going to be more than a little pissed off
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst