Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+4
Flying Man!
Superheroesfanatic-IR
Mrs P Sylar
Wayward Daughter
8 posters

The Extraordinary

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

The Extraordinary Empty The Extraordinary

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 18:00

This time, I'll just be posting new chapters on here. It took too long the last time, posting the previous volume and a half.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

The Extraordinary Empty Re: The Extraordinary

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 3 Aug 2009 - 21:38

Have you even finished yet?
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Wed 5 Aug 2009 - 19:28

i may delete my jack calwin one, as i seriouslyy am lazy and cnt be arsed
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 5 Aug 2009 - 19:35

lol
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 18:44

Finished? I'm writing chapter 25 atm. There should be 2 more left in this volume.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 18:46

lol!

:lurvee: loveblush my title!! And the sig! It's awesome!!!!!!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

The Extraordinary Empty Chapter 25 - Faded Vision

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 3 Sep 2009 - 21:44

Rachel: What do I do now? I got away, I left them, but........I've nowhere to go. Do I just wander around forever? Just keep running, like Sarah said? Looks like it. What else is there to do?
    Elan: I'm finally here. I'm finally doing this. After 5 years, no..... 7, after all that waiting................ it has come. I can hardly believe it. All of that fighting, hiding, living for this moment.........and it's here. But now, I regret it. I shouldn't have................but I had to, I had to leave them. I made my decision. I took long enough. Now I just have to go on with it.
    Stevens: What are we doing? There's not a chance we can get out of this safely, not by fighting through. That'll be why they left: Trey and Elan - they knew this is a dud. We should have evacuated. It's fine for us, for people like me, and Kent. We signed up for this. We've been here long enough to know what we're doing. But not the others, not Sarah, or Beth, or those girls.
    ....................................................................................................................................................
    "Sarah?"
    Rachel started at the familiar name, though the voice was unknown to her. Another surge of guilt stabbed her. She shook her head, telling herself, again, that she had done nothing wrong. Sarah had chosen to stay. It didn't mean she had to as well. She looked again at the speaker. A young girl, barely in her teens, exhausted and beaten, in dust-stained and torn clothes.
    "Who are you?" she asked. "How.......how do you know Sarah?"
    The girl stared at her without understanding.
    "Sarah?" she asked again. Rachel sighed.
    "Sarah's my sister. How do you know her?"
    Again, she stared. Once more, Rachel noted her condition. She was too drained to be coherent.
    "Look, can I help you or something? I'm Rachel."
    "Danielle. Where..........where did you come from? Where's Sarah? She was with me in the lock-up. Before they saved us all."
    Rachel nodded. She remembered what had happened.
    "Sarah stayed behind, with the Organisation."
    Danielle's eyes gleamed at that name.
    "The Organisation?" she babbled. "Did you come from them? Can you take me to them?"
    She shook her head.
    "I left them. Why do you want to go to them anyway? It's safer as far away as possible. You're too young to be a martyr to them, all of us are."
    "No, I thought that before, but it's wrong. There's nowhere safe now. At least they'd protect us, fight for us............"
    "And expect us to fight in return!" retorted Rachel harshly. "And even if we don't, we'd more than likely end up as accidental victims of their war!"
    Danielle stared at her, shocked.
    "You're not going to help, are you?" she asked finally. "You might as well leave then. Again."
    She turned her back on Rachel, and stumbled away.
    ....................................................................................................................................................
    Elan glanced around at once as they appeared: defensive instincts kicking in, she searched for guards and traps. Uneasiness surged through her as she spotted none. What did that mean? Were they waiting inside, or preparing some unpredictable, inescapable ambush? It was too much to hope for that there would be none. She knew that. Watching Trey, she noticed that he too was surveying the area, and finding nothing. The unease grew. She shrugged, trying to force it down, as there was nothing either could do.
    "Where next?" he whispered. She gestured, pointing towards a low building half hidden in the shadow of the landscape.
    "According to the plans, there's a side entrance. Electronic lock system, but we could take that down."
    He nodded, saying nothing of his doubts. It seemed too easy. But he knew that she'd be aware of this, too. They would both be careful. They expected a trap.
    A feeling of being watched grew upon Elan. With a jolt, she remembered what her target's ability was. Was she watching, even now? Watching, as her hunters drew in, preparing a retaliatory strike? She had been so confident that the trap was back at the base. Was she wrong? Were there 2 traps? Everything they did could have been monitored and played. Just like the Company did.
    "Maybe.....we should split up. One of us go search, or......just in case it is a trap. We could use telepathy to communicate, anyway.........it's not like we'd be alone........"
    She fell quiet, already sensing his reaction to her suggestion. She knew, it was dangerous.
    "I'm not trying to give you the slip, Trey. Just for now, for better reconnaissance."
    He hesitated, then agreed. He left, disappearing as soon as he did. Elan crept on, trying to shake the feeling, yet again, that she had made a mistake. Nothing will happen, she reassured herself, scanning the area and listening out with telepathy.
    They were finally prepared. All afternoon and evening, the attackers had waited there, hardly moving, leaving them to ready their defences without interruption. Nothing had happened. This strange behaviour, instead of alleviating any fears the remaining Organisation members had, only added to the unnatural aura around their assailants. If any addition was needed. They were close enough to be recognised, and that was the only evidence necessary.
    "What are they waiting for?!" hissed Kent, tense and impatient.
    "Some signal, most likely," muttered Stevens. "We all know they're not here on their own accord. Just like the Company, to rip up these poor pawns instead of risking their own agents."
    Kent stared at him, showing disbelief at his words. Poor pawns? They couldn't have changed that much, even if for now they were being used by the enemy.
    "You take that one, remember?" reminded Stevens.
    "As we agreed."
    They both glanced over at Beth, the remaining defender. She stood ready to aim the first of many heat blasts at the enemy. Inside, both Sarah and Amy were waiting, a sortie at need.
    Stevens nodded at her, indicating she start. As she fired, he murmured under his breath: "She hits."
    Soon, he was too busy repelling enemy strikes to be able to increase her accuracy. The house shook as it was battered by arcs of electricity and fatal crimson beams, each narrowly missing the defenders. He looked at Kent. The man was concentrating intensely, biting deeply into his lip. But he was winning. The evidence of that was obvious. Otherwise, they'd already be lost, defenceless, senseless from his target's own attack. Stevens shuddered at the thought.
    "We're ready."
    He glanced up at the voice. Sarah, and Amy. He swallowed, forcing back that familiar nagging fear that something will go wrong. It won't, he told himself. Just because of what happened last time........He shook his head. Much as Amy reminded him of her, she isn't. It won't be like that. She can protect herself, and she won't be distracted. He watched as she spread her bubble over Sarah, and the young woman turned both invisible. He then listened as they left.
    Disappointed and hopeless, Danielle wandered on. The experience had done her some good: her earlier fatigue had left, replaced by bitterness. The words she had spoken clung to her like acid, burning truth. How had Rachel become like that? How could she feel that way? Turn away; leave, as she had said? But she knew the answer. It was written within the auma which haunted her still, defeat personified.
    She shook her head in an attempt to clear it. Nothing had changed: she had been helpless before, and she was helpless now. Or was she?
    Suddenly, she was struck by the memory, fresh and vivid, of the time she had first manifested. Seeing her friend Susanna's aura and auma, with her ability of wind manipulation. Reaching out, to examine the aura, copy the ability. The memory of Rachel's aura was still strong.
    Doubts shadowed her. Never before had she done this by memory. Was it even possible? Yet she did not hesitate. She could not. She closed her eyes, focusing on the exact detail of her transportation ability as she had seen it in the aura. Gradually, the complexities unwound themselves, until she understood exactly what to do.
    Numbly, Rachel stared at the corner around which Danielle had turned. She remembered the girl's expression, sharp with accusations. These stabbed her.
    ".....not going to help.....might as well leave then......Again......"
    She shook, guilt once more hitting her. After all, it was true, she did keep leaving. Running as soon as she could, evading any possible danger. It was her nature. What else could she do? She truly did believe what she had said of the Organisation: it was suicide. Only the newer members, naive and foolish, could ever believe otherwise. Ones like her sister. She sighed. Believing this, she had still left her there........not that she could do otherwise.....but......... Stronger and stronger grew a conviction that she should have done things differently.
    Differently? How? She laughed at herself. Was she really trying to convince herself that Sarah had been right, that they both should have stayed behind? Why was she doing this? Even if that was true, there was nothing she could do. No way to fix it. She couldn't exactly go back and remake her decision. She didn't even want to. This way, at least one of them would survive.
    "Sorry, Sarah," she whispered, "but it's how it has to be."
    She walked on, wishing bitterly that Sarah saw things as she did. She had, before. They had decided, together, to stay out of this. A long time ago, of course. Before Sarah had been caught, and freed by the Organisation. Was that when this started? She could understand how that might have perhaps changed her sister's viewpoint. She remembered, afterwards, Sarah beginning to speak of fighting, changing things. Maybe she should have stopped it then.
    But at the time, she recalled, she herself had been caught up in that belief. The shining vision of a world free of the corruption and manipulation of their kind by the Company. Whatever the price. She had longed to fight for this.
    She stopped, shocked by what she had regained. That vision had not faded, only forgotten, and the urge to fight for it remained. But still, the instinct to keep running was as strong. What to do?
    Alone, Elan crept closer to the house, keeping within the dense shrubbery. Still, that feeling of surveillance shadowed her, with no obvious origin. She shook her head. Foolishness. Nothing more than a vague feeling. No one was there, she would have sensed their thoughts.
    Moving forwards, she picked up a presence in the opposite direction, where Trey had headed. Not wary or watchful, but still, malevolent. She stopped, hesitating over whether to continue, or to turn from her path to aid him. Did he need it? Whilst deliberating, she sent him a telepathic warning.
    "I'll go investigate," he replied. "You continue."
    She did so, telling herself that her worries were baseless. He was probably in less danger than she was. After all, he was stronger.
    As she reached the eaves of the house, she turned back in shock, reflecting the thoughts she had heard. Him. That was what she had heard. But who? Who would evoke such a strong reaction? She had never sensed such hatred from Trey before: it made him almost a stranger.
    Trey's thoughts were now in turmoil, desiring to confront the man, and yet feeling he should return to Elan, aid her as he had come here to do. Hearing that, the truth struck her like a blow. Of course! The man who killed his family, his enemy, the man with metal hands. Hiller.
    She paused, understanding completely. She, of all people, could not ask him to turn away from his own personal crusade, and neither could she stand by and let him do so for her sake.
    "Go," she thought to him. She walked forwards without looking sideways, focused once more. Reaching the side door, she threw a bolt of electricity at the lock, then slid it open. She entered, knowing none would be there. She walked onwards.
    The noise, lights and chaos should have been overwhelming. However, the bubble and their invisibility caused a sort of film between them, shielding them off. Sarah noted this half-heartedly, her mind not fully there. It was the situation which overwhelmed her. It did not, could not, feel real. Perhaps that too contributed to this effect, she mused.
    They walked onwards, undetectable and lethal. The first of their targets was before them, facing the opposite direction, focused completely upon the house. Electricity flew from his hands, his face avid. He had no idea where the danger was.
    He did not need to. A flash of white light, and Sarah, recognising it, pulled Amy backwards. She ran forwards, out of the bubble, joy on her face. That joy fell. The light faded, enabling her to see the girl who had appeared there. Not Rachel.
    "Danielle!" gasped Amy, spreading her bubble to envelop both girls."Sarah, she was freed from the lockup the same time as you were, remember? What are you doing here?"
    "I came back to help. I saw Rachel, but-------"
    Sarah nodded, a bitter lump in her throat. Rachel would not be returning. This was what was to be expected, but still, when she had seen that flash.........
    A loud crash, shocking even through the daze she was in, diverted her attention. She span around, stared at the wreck that had become of the house. What had happened? How? Slowly, she was aware of cries of jubilation from their enemies. Amy made as to attack them, but Sarah pulled her backwards, and Danielle manipulated her aura to make her stop. They were heading into the ruins; by the time she would reach them, it'd be impossible to attack without harming the survivors. If there were any.
    Flying Man!
    Flying Man!
    Company Chairman Josh

Post by Flying Man! Fri 4 Sep 2009 - 9:00

thats great !!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
    blazingphoenix
    blazingphoenix
    The Phoenix of Aura
    The Phoenix of Aura

Post by blazingphoenix Fri 4 Sep 2009 - 12:05

thumb
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 4 Sep 2009 - 12:12

Thanks, both of you
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 17:40

Smile
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 17:48

Did you read it? What did you think?
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 17:52

i think i missed a last chater on the other forum

not too sure though scratch

ill have to re-read
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 17:53

You might have. The last one was Dark State, when they find they're being attacked, and Elan and Trey left in the end. I could PM you that chapter?
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 17:57

nah, ill look back on the opther forum later... thanks though

Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 18:00

Tis OK Smile Glad you're reading it
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 18:01

:d

i think i lost my way with a few others

i stopped reading them for a bit, lol
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 18:07

lol. So my delay had its advantages, too
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 18:11

yup
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 17:09

Brilliant chapter. Well worth the wait. Having said that, will it be as long till the next one? It's just a bit hard to keep track of everything when it's been so long since the last cliffhanger. No pressure though. Great chapter again. alright
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 17:12

Thanks. Hopefully, it won't be long. A few days, maybe?
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 17:18

Ok great. I'm pretty much stuck on mine really. I was planning to include Hetty and Kent a lot this Arc, but I don't have any background info. on them at all and I can't find their profiles. And since Mndp doesn't seem to be online at all anymore that kind of makes me question whether I should bother including them. Is there any info. at all that you have on them? I remember they were included in a flashback in yours, something about their dad? I dunno, if you could give me anything that would be a great help, thanks. alright
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 17:18

take as long as you want

*still needs to catch up Very Happy*
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 17:20

All I know is that their father worked for Pinehearst, was abusive, and Kent killed him.
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 17:23

Hmm, thanks, that helps a lot actually. That's quite interesting, maybe I will use them after all. What was their dad's name, do you know?

It is a bit disparaging though, I'm sure you can empathize. 'cos one of the main reasons you use people's characters is so they can follow and comment on how you use them. So if they're not even reading it...just kinda sucks I guess. sylar786s!

But mndp is back so it's ok... Shocked

Last edited by Mr_Isaac on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 23:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : erm...)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024 - 12:13