Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+4
Flying Man!
Superheroesfanatic-IR
Mrs P Sylar
Wayward Daughter
8 posters

The Extraordinary

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

The Extraordinary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Extraordinary

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 17:56

He didn't say the name.

I know Rolling Eyes
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 14 Sep 2009 - 22:58

Next chapter??? Question
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 14 Sep 2009 - 23:09

Sorry, I'm delayed. Block again Sad
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 14 Sep 2009 - 23:15

Same for me, I need to get a good way into it before I get going. If that makes sense. No rush, by the way, I was just wondering really. I have a much looser storyline for Arc Two so it's taking a while to take shape. It will also move at a slower pace to the First Arc. I hope it works. I was thinking of posting it on another site, but I can't any good ones really. All the stories only features characters from the show- people have no imagination!

Anyway, I think they'll be more frequent when the new season starts, hopefully. I am very busy though, for the next few months though. Right, cheers. alright
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 14 Sep 2009 - 23:18

Atm, I'm having trouble deciding on the timing, since this time the characters aren't all in one place. Plus there are a few details I'm undecided on, whether I can fit them in now or keep them for future.

Rolling Eyes Typical. Though I guess that's what FF technically is.
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Sun 4 Oct 2009 - 12:42

Any ideas at all on when the next installment will be finished? Question How is it going?
    blazingphoenix
    blazingphoenix
    The Phoenix of Aura
    The Phoenix of Aura

Post by blazingphoenix Sun 4 Oct 2009 - 13:35

Lowri hasn't been on for awhile because her internet messed up I think
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 0:21

Fair enough, I see she made a post yesterday though so she should be back on soon. alright
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 10:02

Yeah, I'm back. I'm not sure when I'll be writing again though, I have tons of work and I still seem to be blocked.
    Guy Fawkes
    Guy Fawkes

Post by Guy Fawkes Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 14:57

This is good, Lowri.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 15:10

Thanks, Guy. Next chapter might be soon
    Guy Fawkes
    Guy Fawkes

Post by Guy Fawkes Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 15:12

Cool.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

The Extraordinary - Page 2 Empty Chapter 26 - First Blood

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 0:22

Sarah: What do we do now? Can we do anything? I don't know, maybe it's too late. Even if there are any survivors, the Company will be here soon, with too many for us to fight. If we did, we'd likely end up dying alongside them. Should we? Or should we leave, to continue this war?
    Danielle: What happened? I came back to help them, save them, but then........this happened. I was too late. Looks like there's only us 3 left now.
    Trey: What's he doing here? It's too much of a coincidence, almost as if they planned it. Did they know that this might possibly be the only way to make me turn aside? But that'd mean that they know......too much. Which of us would come, our weaknesses, almost everything. It's another trap, I know that. But, again, I can't seem to leave it be.
    ....................................................................................................................................................
    They waited, watching as the 3 attackers headed deeper into the rubble. Amy fidgeted, her aura needing constant manipulation as new fears struck her.
    "What if some survived? What if they did, but those people find them and kill them?!"
    Sarah sighed.
    "What ifs. You have to look at it objectively."
    "Objectively?! Those are our friends in there, or don't you care?"
    She stared at them.
    "Of course I do. But, you have to realise, they knew the risk they took. They all signed up for it, knowing how likely it was that they'd die. I think.......that'd they'd prefer us keep up the Organisation, rather than get killed and destroy it by trying to save them."
    The other 2 looked down.
    "I hate this," muttered Danielle, "not just the situation, but......."
    They waited, hidden, as the attackers drifted away, and then as figures in suits replaced them. Company agents. Amy hissed under her breath, memories of her captivity returning. Her hands curled involuntarily into fists. A bubble formed around them, burning orange. Her arms flew upwards, out of her control, and the bubbles flew towards the agents.
    They hit, the 2 agents struck falling to the ground. The others span around, shouting, pointing in the direction the attack had come from.
    ....................................................................................................................................................
    Elan crept forwards, using telepathy to check that her path ahead was clear. Everytime, it was. This worried her. It was....too easy. Too much, to ask her to believe that it could be this simple. Half-formed fears and doubts swirled around in her mind, images of a trap too complex and unimaginable to escape or even visualise. She was almost relieved when she sensed the thoughts of guards ahead.
    She released the breath she was holding, preparing to defend herself. This, she knew how to fight. Electricity crackled in her left hand, and she created a flame in the other. She rounded the corner, took aim and hurled both at the agents.
    They struck, 2 guards falling instantaneously. The others reacted, some firing their guns while the remaining ones used their own abilities. Elan dove back, expertly using the corner wall to shield herself. Smoke and the smell of broken plaster filled the air. She could barely see or hear; instead, she relied upon telepathy to guide her. Struck by an idea, she attempted to use that, to force the agents to let her through. It didn't work. She grimaced. Must be a telepath amongst them, blocking her attempt.
    She fired again, hitting a few, but they were constantly replaced by others. Dimly, she wondered whether some of the agents had multiplication. There were just too many! Too many to fight through.
    But what else could she do? Give up? No way, the concept could barely register in her mind after everything that had happened, all she'd done. She frowned, drawing back, trying to buy some time to think of a new strategy. She didn't have many advantages. They outnumbered her, collectively outdid her abilities and skills, had better knowledge of their location...... and she couldn't get close enough to use her core power, turn what they had upon them. She needed something different, something unexpected. Something they didn't know was possible.
    She grinned. She had just the idea.
    Amy stared, in sheer shock, at her hands, disbelieving what they had just done. It had never occurred to her that her bubbles could be used such. How, how had she done it? All she could recall was being furious, desiring to harm them in return.....was that it? Suddenly, she snapped out of her reverie. Looking to her left, she saw Danielle facing her, a questioning expression on her face. With a surge of guilt, she realised the girl had had to manipulate her auma to get her to concentrate. Now was not exactly the time to meditate. She grinned, aiming again.
    Yet more agents fell. Sarah grabbed hold of her, pulling her backwards, as a lightning bolt struck ominously where she'd just been standing. She shook her head. She hadn't even realised her main bubble had dropped. She shook her head, muttering to herself about arrogance and carelessness, as she raised it once more. Seeing Sarah signal to her, she briefly dropped it to let the woman leave. She then watched, aiming the occasional offensive bubble, as Sarah crept invisibly towards the agents, picking up weapons on the way. Amy didn't dare attack anymore in case she hit her friend. All she could do was watch, as Sarah turned fire on the men, ready to run out there and protect her if they realised where she was. They didn't, not yet, and it was comical to see.
    Danielle watched too, following Sarah's progress by following her aura and auma, the 2 faint images still visible to her though the woman they belonged to was hidden. She was careful, only glimpsing at them occasionally, afraid that an agent would notice her and infer Sarah's location from following her eyes. She felt helpless. She'd come here to help, to fight, but what was she doing? Nothing more than watching while another fought. She crept forwards, hiding in the shadows and behind piles of rubble and broken stone, until she was close enough to the nearest agents to begin manipulating their aumas. She did so, spreading fatigue and weakness amongst them, the desire to surrender and to leave. Noticing this, their companions began to panic. They fired wildly, and Danielle dove to the ground, taking shelter behind a larger chunk of stone. Bullets and strikes hurtled by terrifyingly close. Her heart was hammering in her chest, her breathing ragged, so loud that she felt they must be able to follow it and find her.
    Her thoughts swirled around in circles in her mind, becoming increasingly darker. Why was she here? Why were they doing this? Just because she was lucky or unlucky enough to be born different, with an inbuilt gift or curse that could do so much. So much more than she did use it for. She knew that. She knew exactly what it was that she could do, but she feared its consequences. She knew it could kill. And she didn't want to do that, to become that person. But why? Wouldn't it just be self-defence? After all, it wouldn't be like she was killing innocents. She'd be saving herself and her friends. Grimly, she chose. Her mind reached out, grasping hold of the nearest aura with a coldness she'd never felt before, a grip more harsh and fatal. Clinically, deliberately, she manipulated their auras into such darkness and despair that they took up their weapons and aimed again, this time at themselves or each other. The auras were black, empty until they flickered and died.
    Elan shook. She'd made her decision; in harsh reality, it was her only feasible option. Yet she'd never done this before, not deliberately. She didn't really know how it had happened the previous times - her memories of those times were always chaotic. She could only guess how it might work, led half by logic, and half by emotional instinct.
    She closed her eyes, dredging up old memories, as many as she could. 12 years worth of memories of her brother, everything they'd ever shared. Memories which made her shake and well up with the emotions they raised within her. She gritted her teeth, forcing herself to continue and not break down. She had to do this, had to go on, for him, for herself, for all of them. Next, she drew up memories of the time she'd gained the ability she needed to access. She tried to recreate her emotions at that time, her joy at the operation's success mixed with the kaleidoscope of emotions raised when she'd seen the captive chained up and drugged in the back. She waited.
    Nothing. Swearing under her breath, she tried again. Still nothing. She swore more loudly. Maybe she'd been right before, when in her denial and her desire to forget about it all, she'd argued that it would be impossible for her to control this. Or maybe.......she almost laughed as she realised what she'd forgotten. Only almost, because she knew this would be the hardest part, to force herself to feel that joy, that positivity which had ignited the ability before. But she had to try. She thought of all the happiness in the memories, ignoring the bitterness of the fact that they were all past, thought of how this would save her, would lead to victory......she imagined returning to the others in triumph. Screwing her eyes more tightly closed, she saw the light begin to emerge, glowing red through her eyelids, and she knew it had worked. She stepped out.
    As she'd planned, the brightness was too much for the guards, who were temporarily blinded. They were forced to crawl out her way, hands ever their faces in a vain attempt to shield them. She walked on, climbing upwards and deeper into the building. The glow faded as anxiety settled in. She was there.
    She raised her hand, focusing on the aged wood door, which spoke of elegance and the arrogance of the rich. How very like the Company, she thought. The place was like she'd expected. She flung the door open telekinetically, the noise it made as it hit the opposite wall an announcement of her presence. But the figure inside did not react. It did not even turn away from the window, through which it was gazing, to face her.
    Elan walked in, her footsteps echoing off the parquet floor. Still, the woman didn't react. She didn't turn until Elan was before her. Then, Elan saw that she stood firmly and her eyes were keen, despite the many lines which surrounded them. Her expression was complex, impossible for Elan to judge. Or maybe it was just that she was attempting to portray an innocence and vulnerability which the younger woman could never accept.
    "You are Esther Hancock? One of the leaders of the Company?"
    It was more of a statement than a question, despite the phrasing.
    "Yes. And you are Elan Greene, high-standing and loyal Organisation member. Or you were."
    "What do you mean?" Elan demanded, stepping forwards. Silence was her only answer. Elan shook her head, realising then that Hancock was trying to distract her, it must be. She hadn't come here for answers. She'd come here for one thing only.
    Danielle continued what she was doing, keeping herself detached. She had to. She knew what she had done would strike her, hard, once she let herself feel again. It was likely she'd fall apart, and she couldn't afford that yet. But her grip was failing. Almost, it was like every time an aura flickered and died, it drained her a little. Dimly, she wondered whether the emotions she induced were also created within hers. That would explain the despair creeping into her. Or perhaps the prolonged use was exhausting her, depleting her resistance. Glancing back, she saw Amy also seemed to be flagging, her bubbles weaker and her aim less precise. And still the agents came.
    Sarah watched, concerned, as she saw the 2 girls visibly weaken. She took out as many agents as she could, but they were drops in a raging ocean. Soon, they would lose.
    She turned around, trying to get back to the others, stumbling in exhaustion as she did so. She fell to her knees with a resounding crash, dust flowing upwards. Glancing upwards, she already knew the attackers would have seen, would have realised her location. She dragged herself behind some of the rubble, and pulled herself into a crouch. Reaching for her stolen gun, she vainly took aim. She could already tell that she was too outnumbered to stand a chance, but she wouldn't be captured without a price.
    She gritted her teeth in pain when the first bullet hit her, in the shoulder, blood pouring out freely down her arm. Luckily, it was her weakest. She replied in kind, aiming again, firing, trying her best to ignore the wrenching pain. She could dimly see the girls, aiming their attacks towards her assailants in a vain attempt to aid her, but her vision was blurring. For that reason, she didn't react when she saw a flash of light near them, despite being looking in that direction. She put it down to a hallucination, or some reflected glare, a misinterpretation of some strike or other. She didn't see the second flash, nor the third, much closer to her. She barely reacted when she felt a heavy weight around her waist, drawing her away. She could no longer distinguish reality. Her eyes fluttered closed, however much she struggled to force them open. A fourth flash, but Sarah was beyond it.
    Electricity flickered in her hand, then arced towards Hancock. The woman did nothing. Perhaps she couldn't. Or perhaps, she chose not to. The electricity forced her to the ground, her breathing harsh and laboured, her vision distorted.
    Elan stepped closer, her eyes fixed on the woman below her. She looked completely defenceless, beaten already, but Elan drove down the pity which grew within her. These people didn't deserve any. She knew that it was all a facade, knew all they had done and would continue doing, if someone like her didn't stop them when offered the chance.
    She knelt down beside her, taking hold of her arm. Nothing happened, not yet. As she'd been told before, one more touch was needed, to make her victim vulnerable enough. Which she did. She sent her mind inwards, disrupting the body's natural functions, crushing arteries, forcing her into multiple organ failure. She made sure the damage would be fatal, but not enough to make her lose consciousness. She re-emerged. She could already sense the familiar surge of energy as white light began to surround her hand. It flickered, then faded.
    "What a strange ability," she mused, exploring it's potential. "I wonder how you used it. What did you watch with it? The Organisation, recently, I suppose, but before then......did you follow Westfield? Did you see what she'd do, what she did? Did you use it to watch my brother die, just like I'm going to watch you die?"
    Hancock lifted her head with difficulty, and forced herself to laugh, coughing violently as she did so.
    "Do what you want. This was exactly what we planned."
    Afterwards, still standing in the same place in that office, Elan shuddered as she considered Hancock's last words. She'd gained her revenge, or began it anyway, and yet.....the woman's message left her with a feeling of having been played. Of having won and lost the same time. Anger grew within her, causing her to lash out angrily at her surroundings. Her breath hissed out, as she forced herself to calm. She had to get back. She headed for the remnants of the door, and her thoughts flashed back to the others. Had that been the meaning? Was this all bait to draw her away, so she couldn't fight amongst them? Her eyes fluttered closed, and visions began playing across her eyelids.
    An unknown location. Smoke, heavy in the air. The eerie silence which only existed at the end of a battle. A ruined building. The vision drew closer, until she could see bullet holes, scorch marks and dried blood staining the stone. Then, she understood. This was the answer to her unspoken question, given to her by her newly acquired ability. This, was the aftermath of the battle she had chosen to step out of.
    She gasped, her eyes flashing open. What had happened? She shuddered. She couldn't even complete the thought that they might have been killed. But she had to know. Grimly, she closed her eyes once more, seeking another vision.
    Darkness. A shaking sensation. Rattling, and the noise of a vehicle, and harsh breathing in an enclosed space. Then, something changed, causing streaks of light to pass across, enabling her to recognise them. Stevens, still, his head falling awkwardly, unconscious or worse. Kent, struggling in vain against his restraints. Beth, lying on the ground, dark blood on her head stark in the dim lighting. She ripped herself out of the vision before she could see more.
    At least they were alive, she told herself, seeking reassurance. Those who lived could be freed. They'd done it repeatedly. Just one of those days, no different, except for the guilt she felt. But that wouldn't change anything. She had to find Trey, get out of here, plan their next move.
    Another vision. The grounds outside, still recognisable despite the damage a recent vicious fight had caused. There was no smoke here. Only liquid metal, slowly cooling and solidifying. What had happened? Where was he?
    The vision changed, seeming to flash backwards, like a film on rewind. She could see the fight now. Fire filling the air, objects thrown telekinetically, the hatred plain on both faces, the desire and need to kill the other. A fight to the very death. The thought flashed through her head as she watched, but Elan didn't realise the significance, not until she saw it happen. She watched as Trey drew back, feigning defeat, drawing Hiller back into his more human form as he did so. She could read the expression on his face, but Hiller did not see, or he didn't interpret it. A flash of foreboding or a new connection made her realise what Trey was about to do, and then she could sense it as he could, the air around the combatants, the gas particles moving between them and within them. Moving, swirling, drawing away, being drawn away, forced away, until there were none. She watched, as the 2 combatants slowly suffocated, their bodies falling to the floor, Hiller's transforming to his liquid metal as it did and flooding the ground.
    She blinked out. Slowly, she made to move, stunned, lost, alone.
    Voiceover: First blood was claimed that day, but at a high cost. A personal battle won, a cause betrayed, and hope waning. More was lost that day than was gained. Innocence drowns in the very blood it drew, and all discover they do not know what it is the fight for in truth, not yet. That awakening has barely begun. It will not finish until the last blood is spilt.
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 0:46

Great, i love the voice over

i want to have the power of electricity now Sad
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 0:59

Thanks

Me too, all the time Laughing
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 1:04

*imagines the voice over done by mohinder suresh Laughing*

yh, you make it seem so cool... better than freezing...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 1:06

I imagine it done by Usutu Very Happy

That is because electro rules!
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 1:09

not usutu, the first sentence doesnt sound right in his voice... Razz

electro is better than cyro? o.O

sounds like a challenge Suspect
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 1:13

Actually, it's just RandomVoiceGuy who pokes into the story every now and again Laughing
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 1:19

Ah, im a fan of randomvoice guy Very Happy
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 1:42

Just read it. Really like it. Refreshing stuff, but I wonder why Hancock didn't fight back? And who is Westfield?

I'm thinking Rachel saved Sarah and the girls. And I'm not sure what happened with Trey and Hiller. Did Trey sacrifice himself to kill Hiller?

And what was Hancock's abilty? Claircognizance or something you made up yourself? So many questions, you can tell I liked it... I take it you overcame your block then? More regular chapters?
    Guy Fawkes
    Guy Fawkes

Post by Guy Fawkes Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 11:23

Flickerflame wrote:Actually, it's just RandomVoiceGuy who pokes into the story every now and again Laughing

The Extraordinary - Page 2 Lol
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 12:20

Mr_Isaac wrote:Just read it. Really like it. Refreshing stuff, but I wonder why Hancock didn't fight back? And who is Westfield?

I'm thinking Rachel saved Sarah and the girls. And I'm not sure what happened with Trey and Hiller. Did Trey sacrifice himself to kill Hiller?

And what was Hancock's abilty? Claircognizance or something you made up yourself? So many questions, you can tell I liked it... I take it you overcame your block then? More regular chapters?

Thanks.

Hancock didn't fight back because she knew she wouldn't be able to outfight Elan. Plus this might be what the Company planned whistle It was an accepting her own fate thing. And Westfield is Kay, that's her surname.

Yes, they both did.

I don't know if it's been used before, but it's an ability to have visions of what's happening or has recently happened elsewhere. I call it televoyance.

Yeah, I did. I don't know when the next one will be though, since I did spend most of yesterday writing it and I don't have the time to do that often.
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 13:50

televoyance Laughing
    blazingphoenix
    blazingphoenix
    The Phoenix of Aura
    The Phoenix of Aura

Post by blazingphoenix Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 14:55

Shocked

I am experiencing the exact same reaction that I had for Danny's latest chapter after reading your's Lowri

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024 - 16:03