Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+3
Mrs P Sylar
Wayward Daughter
A Returning Charlotte
7 posters

World 1 - Redemption And Revenge

A Returning Charlotte
    A Returning Charlotte
    Brilliant

World 1 - Redemption And Revenge Empty World 1 - Redemption And Revenge

Post by A Returning Charlotte Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 22:18

In recent days, a seemingly random group of individuals has emerged with what can only be described as "special" abilities. Although unaware of it now, these individuals can not only save the world, but change it forever.

Adapted from Volume 1 voice-over

In April 2007, a senator betrayed his own kind by telling the President of the United States about these specials. As a result, a Homeland Security task force called B26 was set up to round up, capture and imprison these specials, who they saw as terrorists, to 'keep the law abiding citizens safe'. B26 did not recognise the difference between the special Heroes and the special Villains. They rounded up specials whoever they are, innocent or guilty. Across the country and the world, Heroes rose to form a resistance and shut down this menace.

Now, in late August 2007, almost two months on from the end of B26, our Heroes are back to their normal lives, or trying to be. Or are they? Some have new jobs in Government helping catch criminals and some seek revenge on those that hurt them. For some, their ordeal at the hands of B26 has been too much. They all have one thing in common. Their lives have been changed forever.

Remember: 1 ability per character (unless your character is approved to have a multi ability).
    If your character say had Cyrokinesis like Tracy and also Hydrokinesis, then they may only have Cyrokinesis for ages (and I mean ages) before something happens to cause it to develop, and please PM me first.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 1 - Redemption And Revenge Empty Re: World 1 - Redemption And Revenge

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 22:28

Rooreru sighed, having finished yet another long shift. Sometimes, she wished her ability could enhance her stamina. Then she'd regret the thought, remembering the last time she'd pushed it. Somethings could not be undone.

How many had she saved, over the last 2 months? A 100? 200? More? It could never be enough. Not when she'd used this ability, this double edged knife, to kill too. But at least it was partial redemption. That made it worth the price of exposing herself; of the way she knew she was thought of even by her colleagues, as a freak, of the sidelong glances she sometimes caught and pretended not to notice.....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 23:26

She said goodbye to those colleagues, then headed home. She now lived in a small apartment about 15 minutes' drive from the hospital. She had bought it nearly 2 months ago, shortly after arriving back, using almost all of her savings. She'd done so before coming out to the open about her ability, just in case. She didn't want anyone hurting her family by accident if they chose to punish her for being one of the freaks.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 0:06

(Btw, C, you are amazing at writing intros)

Nothing had happened so far. Of course, it was unlikely, given that the only aspect of her ability that she showed was the healing part, the life giving part. She hid the rest, pushing it away, trying to forget about it. Trying to erase the past, though that could not be done.

If they'd know the truth, things would be very different.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 7:57

Adam grinned, as he pulled his car into the driveway. Liz ran out of the house, and opened the door. She had a paniced expression on her face. A bad one. She looked terrified. Adam stopped the car, hopped out, and ran over to her.

Liz? Liz, what's up?

N...Noth...Nothing,
    she stammered.

Liz, that is not nothing. What is it? he asked, getting worried. What had happened to her?
    Flying Man!
    Flying Man!
    Company Chairman Josh

Post by Flying Man! Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 16:24

The Vicar starred, at the newly opened grand cathedral, this is the first time he has seen it since it was burnt down by B26. He does not just return as the Vicar of the church, but as the high priest. He was so happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 17:47

The next morning, Rooreru woke, got ready, went into work.....this was her life now. Always routine, keeping her head down, trying to be as inconspicious as she could when what she did was so obvious. It was a strange experience, receiving so much attention for something other than her surname.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 17:53

I.. I... I... Nothing! She screeched, and tried to run past him. He whipped out his arm, and caught her. He grabbed both her hands, and held them, tight, so she couldn't run.

Tell me! he commanded in a deep voice.

I... I... I.... I was trying to... Then.... She took a deep breathe, then garbled it. I just swung the door closed... with.. I didn't touch it. Nothing... just...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 17:57

(Cool Very Happy )

She continued, keeping doing her work, healing.....as normal. Most didn't even know they'd been healed with an ability. She sighed, leaving. She headed out, taking a shortcut through an alley to her apartment. It was pissing down with rain, and being an idiot, she'd forgotten to bring a coat or an umbrella. She simply hunched up her shoulders and walked as fast as she could.

She sped up, recognising the sensation that someone was watching her, following her. Again. She nearly laughed, remembering how it'd turned out last time, in New York, when she'd thought she'd picked up an agent but it was Sean following her. She was unlikely to be as lucky again.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:04

Liz, calm down! OK, you looking at me? Liz nodded, avoiding his gaze. Liz! Look at me!

She heard the annoyance in his tone, and looked up. He lifted one arms from hers, still holding her still. The hand he had realised - his hand - waved at her, then turned to ice.

What the f- exclaimed Liz. She stopped breathing as his hand turned back to skin. Her face was filled with angry, confusion, purplexion, and a WTF? expression. Adam looked calm, and smiled, reassuringly at her.

Liz, he said, calmly, and patronisingly. Are you OK?

What the hell did you just do?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:05

On the other side of the Pacific, Sinead was pacing up and down in the small house she shared with her fiance Sean, speaking rapidly and angrily into the phone. After a moment, she slammed it down. As she did so, the rain outside fell more heavily, and a sudden gust of wind made the windows rattle. She sighed. Running her hands through her hair, she sat down. She really needed to control this better......
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:10

Rooreru continued on, almost running by now. But she knew she hadn't lost her trail. She took a winding path, but in vain, trying to shake them off. She turned a corner and saw she'd walked into an ambush. She smiled grimly. She hated having to do this, but......
    Flying Man!
    Flying Man!
    Company Chairman Josh

Post by Flying Man! Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:10

The cathedral was empty, The Vicar bowed and prayed
    "Please god, rid me of this curse. I have seen enough of the future , I try and prevent myself from seeing it, but my eyes bleed at night. This ability has brought nothing but pain"
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:20

She backed until she had her back to the alley wall, then turned and looked confidently on her assailants. She tried to give them warning, they didn't have a clue......it didn't work. One stepped nearer to her, leering. She reached out as he got too close, grabbing hold of his bare wrist. He fell to the floor. The others stared, panicked. She could see the question on their faces: what kind of sick freak was she? A few dared to continue, and met the same fate as their leader. The rest fled.

She knelt down, breathing heavily, adrenaline coursing through her veins. Even with her eyes open, she could see that warehouse in the NY docks again, the unseeing eyes of the agents she'd killed staring up at her. This was exactly the same. No, it wasn't! That was different! She'd left these men alive.....she hadn't known she could do otherwise then.....but the small differences weren't enough. Every time she used her ability for more than healing, now, she relived that.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:33

Flickerflame wrote:On the other side of the Pacific, Sinead was pacing up and down in the small house she shared with her fiance Sean, speaking rapidly and angrily into the phone. After a moment, she slammed it down. As she did so, the rain outside fell more heavily, and a sudden gust of wind made the windows rattle. She sighed. Running her hands through her hair, she sat down. She really needed to control this better......

Coming back home, Sean could tell instantly that Sinead was in a bad mood. Well, it was pretty obvious, the way a clear day had clouded over then turned to rain.....he let himself in.

What happened?

She shook her head, angrily. Walking up to him, she kissed him quickly then answered.

Miranda cancelled. Turns out she's heard I'm one, and doesn't want anything to do with a freak.......maybe she's right. Maybe we ought to stay away from normal people.....

He shook his head.

I know you don't mean that, Sinead.

She sighed. He was right. And yet.....look how people were reacting! Even after the B26 operation was shut down, when they were supposedly accepted, people were still afraid of them.....
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:42

I used my power, he replied, simply, smiling encouragingly at her.

What? asked Liz, still not getting it.

Remember when we were young? We used to play superheroes? I would always play the villain, always strong, but not strong enough. Often with fire, or ice. And you were the hero? You would always win? Well, turns out, we weren't far off. Except I'm not a villain. I guess your power is... He struggled to remember the name. He had found an online directory, when he had first - to use the term they had - manifested. Telekinesis!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:45

(Omg, so cute!!)

Who'll be my maid of honour now? No one wants to be near me, not now they know. Or suspect, anyway. It is kind of obvious, once they know we exist........

One of us, then?

Who? I don't know anyone. Except Laurel, and she's in Japan! Maybe I'll just ask Eoin to find me some randomer from work.....
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 19:04

(no! You'll wait til u meet Liz, and become BFFs with her, then ask her!! Patience!! Wink)

How.. long have you known? she asked, weakly, giving in.

He grinned. Half a year, tomorrow. You accepting it, then?

What choice do I have? I mean, I'll either wake up from this dream, or live with it. Plus, now I get to be a hero! she added, with a grin.

There isn't much of a world to save, he replied, with a laugh.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 19:09

(Rooreru's going to be. I just have a plan for how she returns Very Happy )

You don't want that, Sinead. Can't you contact her?

No, I don't have a number. Maybe Eoin does, they were closest.....

Closest....repeats Sean, barely restraining from laughing. He knows well that his best friend and future cousin-in-law fell hard for the Japanese girl.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 19:12

(Fine!!! Sad)

I'll find one. Liz actually laughed this time, and it wasn't hysterically, either. So... how do I work this thing?

Think back to the game. How did you do it then?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 19:15

( *sighs* Fine. One will be bridesmaid, the other maid of honour. I'll decide which later)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 19:24

(Pick me! Very Happy BTW, I hereby nickname this World (other than W1) R and R. It works! Wink Very Happy)

"Pratice makes prefect" quoted Liz. It had been there father's catch phrase, and they had taken it to heart in their games.

Exactly! For me, it's harder here... Always warm. But it gets easier. Control. Pratice. He grinned at her, glad he had someone to share his secret with... glad he could trust her. Gald he could help her.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 19:26

Rooreru sighed, stepping over their unconscious bodies. She knew they'd wake in an hour. She headed home, let herself in, and poured a drink. After an hour had passed, she anonymously called for an ambulance for those men.
    blazingphoenix
    blazingphoenix
    The Phoenix of Aura
    The Phoenix of Aura

Post by blazingphoenix Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 19:26

(Ahahahahahaha. Right. I'll RP as soon as I can think how to start off)
    Flying Man!
    Flying Man!
    Company Chairman Josh

Post by Flying Man! Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 19:36

The vicar walked out as it was a lovley day, he thought maybe e could help people with his ability. Then he noticed the builders in his dream, their scafolding will colllapes and kill them and the young girl with the red ribben in her hair. He couldn't do it alone, he left and returned with the church choir. They needed a distaraction.
    "Joy to the world!!!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024 - 16:11