Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+3
Superheroesfanatic-IR
blazingphoenix
Mrs P Sylar
7 posters

Anyone have a good show that is similar to Heroes?

Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Anyone have a good show that is similar to Heroes? Empty Anyone have a good show that is similar to Heroes?

Post by Neodraconis Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 17:08

No surprise is that I love Heroes, and so I thought, who would know other shows that are smilar to heroes, maybe you guys? The main thing I want, is abilities in the shows you suggest. No Ordinary Family is great, but I have heard that they are propably Sayonara, so, any good recomendations?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Anyone have a good show that is similar to Heroes? Empty Re: Anyone have a good show that is similar to Heroes?

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 18:04

Misfits is really good Smile It was described as 'the combitation between Skins [A british TV programme about fucked up teenagers, basically] and Heroes.' So that's quite good, but it's not very Heroes like Laughing There aren't shows as awesome as Heroes Wink
    blazingphoenix
    blazingphoenix
    The Phoenix of Aura
    The Phoenix of Aura

Anyone have a good show that is similar to Heroes? Empty Re: Anyone have a good show that is similar to Heroes?

Post by blazingphoenix Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 21:44

Most superhero shows are going kaput nowadays, but there are a few I think.

Alphas from the Syfy channel is coming I think, but they aren't superheroes, but have something different with their brains I think. But honestly, the trailer made me think Heroes.
    Err.... Powers is coming up too, but I have no idea what channel. It's about supervillians I think. Not sure.
    Touch is a Tim Kring idea, but not with powers. It kinda follows Heroes' idea of people being connected.
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 15:50

yeah ive watched all them. Misfits is good but season 3 was terrible.

Alphas is good, and like Dana said they have something different with their brains but have abilities too. But its not as god as Heroes and I've watched Touch which is pretty cool. Its not to do with abilities but its kinda complicated to explain. Its about a certain amount of people within the world who can "see" how the would is tied together. They know things and see how people are linked together etc. And its basically about this boy Jake who is one of them and a company is trying to take him in order to use him/experiment on him. But the end of the season was cool, i would say defo watch it, very interesting. I think the only downfall of it is that it doesn't have much action but you kind of don't need it as the SL is good enough to carry it on. And probably another downfall of it is that each episode does not develop as much as you like- i mean there are LOADS of cliffhangers and you kind of don't get to know things you want to know. And they still haven't revealed loads, which was a let down however I guess that will be what keeps people wanting to watch it.
    The Little Lebowski
    The Little Lebowski

Post by The Little Lebowski Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 9:26

Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:yeah ive watched all them. Misfits is good but season 3 was terrible.

I wouldn't say it was any worse than series 2. The first half of 3 was terrible, mostly due to Rudy, but he came into his own in the second half and made up for it. Series 4 was better though. The time travel plot was mostly to blame.

Back to the original topic, Misfits and Alphas as mentioned. Both are great but sadly Alphas was axed after 2 seasons. I haven't finished season 2 yet but I've been led to believe it ends on quite a large cliffhanger.

The 4400 is also similar, it has normal people with abilities and an ensemble cast.

Lost is also another one. Not exactly like Heroes but it does have some power-like elements with some characters. It also has a large cast with a mystery plot involving a company so it does share something with Heroes. I also feel it has the same sort of tone to it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 10:40

Alphas ends on a ridiculous cliffhanger Nod Can't believe they ended it on that.

Used to watch Lost for the first 2 seasons, but then it went to Sky Rolling Eyes Didn't it go slightly crazy afterwards? I've got that impression from hearing some people talk about it.
    The Little Lebowski
    The Little Lebowski

Post by The Little Lebowski Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 11:32

I wouldn't say crazy, but it definitely pushed the mystery arc into more fantastical directions. Opinion is split on the later seasons but I personally loved it all.

I did however experience it all for the first time on blu-ray and marathoned the show, so that might be why I enjoyed it more. It's easy to see how people watching on tv might have missed or forgotten little details which would lead them to claim a lot of things don't have answers in the end. Everything has answers, they're just not all put on the forefront.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 22:14

I wouldn't actually say that it is similar to Heroes, but it is about a super-hero. The new show Arrow is pretty good, at least the first episode. Sure it has some small flaws, but I think it is pretty good. It is as the title suggests, about "Green Arrow"
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 22:22

What is Green Arrow? Sorry if I'm showing my general superhero ignorance here.....
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 10:38

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Arrow
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 12:13

The easy way to answer: a wiki link Razz Wink
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 12:49

Exactly Wink
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 13:00

It's just funny; I'd have tried explaining myself and stumbled around it, not thinking of using links Razz
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 13:14

I have done that many times as well, untill I figured out it was just easier going for a link.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 13:51

That depends Wink You had to open up wiki and search for the article.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 15:51

Which take like half a minute. Wink
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 16:35

But feels like more work, imo Razz
    anonymousidentity20k
    anonymousidentity20k
    Mystery Man
    Mystery Man

Post by anonymousidentity20k Sun 14 Apr 2013 - 0:10

I'd also say Tim Kring's new show is it "Touch" or something Ive not seen it but I saw bits of it whilst nostalgically reading Heroes stuff and found this quite an interesting idea if only someone picked it back up so we could have a proper finisher Crying or Very sad
    http://seriable.com/tim-kring-on-cleas-touch-future-heroes-season-5/
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 14 Apr 2013 - 10:51

Would have been an interesting take, skipping the year and flashing back on it. That different format would have worked well for a film too Sad
    anonymousidentity20k
    anonymousidentity20k
    Mystery Man
    Mystery Man

Post by anonymousidentity20k Sun 14 Apr 2013 - 21:44

If only NBC took more notice of us as the viewers Mad
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 14 Apr 2013 - 21:47

If only they cared Rolling Eyes
    anonymousidentity20k
    anonymousidentity20k
    Mystery Man
    Mystery Man

Post by anonymousidentity20k Sun 14 Apr 2013 - 22:00

red sylar

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 2:22