Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

My abilities, opinions?

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

My abilities, opinions? - Page 22 Empty Re: My abilities, opinions?

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 12 Nov 2012 - 14:18

Ability Restoration

The ability to restore the abilities of others if they have been deleted, stolen, written out of the DNA using DNA Manipulation etc.
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Mon 12 Nov 2012 - 20:51

Wayward Daughter wrote:Exanguination

The ability to draw blood from the bodies of others. With a touch, this person would be able to drain another from blood, making all of the blood within the body simply disappear and killing the victim.
    Love it Smile
    Wayward Daughter wrote:(Not sure of the name, since Blood Mimicry's already been taken)

The power for one's blood to mimic various substances once one has been exposed to it. Blood could mimic water, acid, plasma, fire etc. Normally one could "store" the exposure to the substance so that one could make one's blood mimic it at any time after one exposure.
    sounds cool.
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Could we alter the current Necronic Mimicry to Necronic Memory Mimicry, and then have a Necronic Mimicry which mimics more stuff from the dead? Possibly mimicking everything from a deceased person like Identity Theft does, or mimicking select features.

Also, could we have a Necronic Ability Mimicry?
    yeah, change the name. i always thought that the name didn't fit. necronic memory mimicy is far better. yeah, necronic ability mimicry will be cool too. Can you kill someone, get their ability and restore their life?
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Death Acceleration

The ability to accelerate a person's natural death so that it'd occur now instead of whenever they're meant to die. The death wouldn't have to be natural causes/could be murder; the ability just brings the next fated death forwards. Therefore, it possibly couldn't kill someone who was powerful enough or possessed something like regen, immortality etc., as possibly that person wouldn't have a natural death in store. Similarly, the ability couldn't give someone a painful death or a quick one unless that's what was destined.
    Awesome. I keep thinking of a character who will have death sense and now wondering how much this ability will annoy them, for some reason Razz
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Subliminal Messaging

Subliminal Messaging is the psychic ability to send messages directly into a subject's psyche (instead of affecting just the mind by Psychic Persuasion), by mentally emitting a subsonic message (mostly backward so the mind doesn't even pick it up). One with this ability need only speak or gesture a certain way (or mentally access satellites to broadcast one's power through electronic transmissions), which urges subjects to do a certain action (or even believe things which they normally would not).

For an image, I was thinking of that scene near the start of Alphas where Cam's seeing "time to kill" everywhere.
    yeah, that would be ideal Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter wrote:
    Wayward Daughter wrote:(Not sure of the name, since Blood Mimicry's already been taken)

The power for one's blood to mimic various substances once one has been exposed to it. Blood could mimic water, acid, plasma, fire etc. Normally one could "store" the exposure to the substance so that one could make one's blood mimic it at any time after one exposure.

Could this be possibly called Imitative Blood?
    Nod
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Ability Restoration

The ability to restore the abilities of others if they have been deleted, stolen, written out of the DNA using DNA Manipulation etc.
    alright

i was also thinking of an ability, well for ages, but the power to gain the abilities of others by drinking their blood. still not sure on the name, that's why i asked what possibilities their could be for an alternate name for potent because i saw it called haemopotent mimicry.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 12 Nov 2012 - 21:06

I'm not sure about Necronic Ability Mimicry currently, basically cause the SL I have planned would work with either that or full Necronic Mimicry, and that one's already used Razz

Death Sense would be a bit like Death Visions but sensing info instead of seeing the death, right? How would Death Acceleration screw that up? And I'm sure I need to work on the description of DA Laughing

The first name which comes to mind with the blood ability one is Ability Vampirism lol!
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 22:16

death sense will just sense when a person will die, how long etc. It wouldn't screw it up but i can just imagine someone getting annoyed for some reason.

lol!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 10:40

That's now reminding me of this website people were obsessed with when I was in 6th form, which predicted when you were going to die and gave you a countdown. You could just sit there and watch the seconds tick away Razz Really morbid.

Would the death sense also give how the person would die, who kills them etc? And would it be inevitable, or could it be used to warn and save people?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 10:46

Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Could we alter the current Necronic Mimicry to Necronic Memory Mimicry, and then have a Necronic Mimicry which mimics more stuff from the dead? Possibly mimicking everything from a deceased person like Identity Theft does, or mimicking select features.

yeah, change the name. i always thought that the name didn't fit. necronic memory mimicy is far better. yeah, necronic ability mimicry will be cool too. Can you kill someone, get their ability and restore their life?

i was also thinking of an ability, well for ages, but the power to gain the abilities of others by drinking their blood. still not sure on the name, that's why i asked what possibilities their could be for an alternate name for potent because i saw it called haemopotent mimicry.

Nice question with the Necronic Mimicries Laughing I'm not sure. I was half thinking that the person would have to be dead when the mimicking takes place, or at least have to have remained dead for a certain length of time, in order to prevent such a circumstance. And if it happens in W4, then type 1 vampires don't count as dead - we're not using what the used for the First in Buffy Wink

New names for that last one - Sanguine Ability Mimicry or Haematic Ability Mimicry? And I'm guessing the "potent" means the potential of abilities in the blood shrug
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 23:05

Enhanced Punch/Enhanced Kick

Quite simply, this is the ability to produce a more powerful punch or kick. It could cause more physical damage and could throw its target further across the room or area. The person's body would be protected so that it wouldn't ever be harmed by the strength of its own impact.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 16 Nov 2012 - 16:09

Could you have an ability which'd be like a mix of Communication Disruption and Electronic Disruption? What'd it be called? I'm considering just Disruption but I'm not sure - maybe that suggests too much that it could do.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 18:21

I added the Location ability I'd thought up recently, but later learned that we have Location Detection which is almost exactly the same (only difference is that the char with LD can sense people stuff when dead or in another time, while my new char with Location can't). Should I delete Location and just add Shauna to LD under new limits?
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 8:15

Wayward Daughter wrote:
    Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:

Nice question with the Necronic Mimicries Laughing I'm not sure. I was half thinking that the person would have to be dead when the mimicking takes place, or at least have to have remained dead for a certain length of time, in order to prevent such a circumstance. And if it happens in W4, then type 1 vampires don't count as dead - we're not using what the used for the First in Buffy Wink

New names for that last one - Sanguine Ability Mimicry or Haematic Ability Mimicry? And I'm guessing the "potent" means the potential of abilities in the blood shrug
    okay. what did they do in buffy? Laughing
    sanguine? i might go with Haematic Ability Mimicry
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Enhanced Punch/Enhanced Kick

Quite simply, this is the ability to produce a more powerful punch or kick. It could cause more physical damage and could throw its target further across the room or area. The person's body would be protected so that it wouldn't ever be harmed by the strength of its own impact.
    cool Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Could you have an ability which'd be like a mix of Communication Disruption and Electronic Disruption? What'd it be called? I'm considering just Disruption but I'm not sure - maybe that suggests too much that it could do.
    How would the ability work? Is there any other types of disruption that it can produce?
    Wayward Daughter wrote:I added the Location ability I'd thought up recently, but later learned that we have Location Detection which is almost exactly the same (only difference is that the char with LD can sense people stuff when dead or in another time, while my new char with Location can't). Should I delete Location and just add Shauna to LD under new limits?
    its up to you really.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 10:55

Basically there's this Big Bad which can take the form of dead people only, but it can also copy people who've died and been revived, and vampires since they're technically dead. It kinda feels like they cheated Razz

Sanguine is French for blood, and I think it comes ultimately from some Latin root shrug Haem could be from the Greek instead.

I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking Laughing I've a character I want to give something similar too, I'm not sure if she should have Communication Disruption or Electronic Disruption, and since it's a 3 ability world and I've already chosen one for her, I wouldn't want to give her both as 2 more abilities. I think I've seen more disruption options on the AE site (that's where I got those 2 from originally), but now that isn't working properly. I know I wouldn't want her disrupting ability function though.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 19:30

Entymokinesis

The ability to manipulate insects. One with this ability could manipulate existing insects and create ones where they don't exist, from singular insects to entire swarms. He or she could get insects to attack people and to destroy objects, could produce swarms great enough to block out vision, and could create fireflies to illuminate a dark place.

My abilities, opinions? - Page 22 Bees10
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 23 Nov 2012 - 11:36

Natural Camouflage

The ability to camouflage oneself into any natural surroundings and materials. A person could blend in almost perfectly in any natural setting, like a woodland or a field, leaving only the faintest outline people would have to struggle to see, but wouldn't be able to camouflage in an urban setting. The person could also choose to camouflage only part of his or her body, and this'd automatically happen if he or she tried camouflaging when only part of his or her body is near a natural setting (say if he or she was near a plant which was too small to hide entirely)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 16:26

Desire Projection

The ability to project one's desires into the environment, changing one's surroundings to reflect how one wants them to be. It doesn't truly affect how things are though, just how they're perceived, so it could be used to change appearance but it couldn't heal, make yourself more powerful etc.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 16:29

Illusion Destruction

The ability to destroy illusions at will. This ability must be consciously used, but it can then enable oneself to see through any illusions, and with a greater effort can be used to force others to see through illusions too. It doesn't sense lies or any other sort of deception too, unlike reality perception or unmasking.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 21:13

Sediment Mimicry

The ability to mimic any sediments. A person with this ability could mimic earth, dirt, sand and anything else which is formed from sediment (can you lot think of more?)

Grain Mimicry|Granular Mimicry

The ability to mimic anything with a granular, particle form. In addition to dirt and sand, this includes salt, sugar and dust.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 22:13

Rapture Induction

This is the ability to induce religious rapture in others. A person with this ability can give others a sensation of bliss and make them worship him or her. It is usually done merely by speaking to them or getting them to listen to him or her, though the effect is also intensified by touch.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 28 Nov 2012 - 18:35

Wayward Daughter wrote:Sediment Mimicry

The ability to mimic any sediments. A person with this ability could mimic earth, dirt, sand and anything else which is formed from sediment (can you lot think of more?)

The ability to mimic anything with a granular, particle form. In addition to dirt and sand, this includes salt, sugar and dust.

Clay counts as sediment, I think? But that's good Smile And Granular sounds better Very Happy

Wayward Daughter wrote:Rapture Induction

This is the ability to induce religious rapture in others. A person with this ability can give others a sensation of bliss and make them worship him or her. It is usually done merely by speaking to them or getting them to listen to him or her, though the effect is also intensified by touch.

That's awesome Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 28 Nov 2012 - 22:17

Would dust also count as sediment? If so, I think Keagan Parkman will have that one, I think mimicking everything in Granular would be too much range shrug

And there are more abilities on the 36th page, btw Wink
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 21:36

Anaesthesia

The ability to block a person's sense of touch. It can prevent a person from feeling pain, from sensing texture and also detecting cold and heat. Sometimes it also has a side effect of relaxing the body's muscles.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 10:28

Control Manipulation

The ability to alter and manipulate the control of others. It can affect a person's control over his or her abilities, improving it or reducing it to the level of control they had upon manifestation. Similarly, control over the body can be altered: affecting a person's control over their limb movements and breathing, and causing incontinence. The ability can block the effects of Ability Control, Self-control and Passivity Control, and can also block abilities used to control others like Telepathy or Persuasion (only when these are used to control)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 9 Dec 2012 - 11:07

Electronic Data Visualisation

The ability to see and interpret electronic data signals. A person with this ability would be able to see phone and mobile calls, texts, emails and other internet communication etc, and would be able to correctly interpret and understand what he or she sees. However, he or she will not be able to manipulate the data, stop it or change what it says. He or she also will not be able to create his or her own data without using the necessary equipment.

(Btw, what exactly is the difference between Electronic Data Manipulation and Electronic Communication?)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 10:38

Human Mimicry

The ability to transform into any other person. Unlike with Impersonation or Identity Theft, this doesn't just copy the person perfectly, it makes you become him or her. This means that you'd get that person's opinions and beliefs, and would react like him or her in every circumstance. It couldn't be used to impersonate someone in order to do something he or she normally wouldn't do. The only difference between you and them is that you'd know that you can turn back to yourself, or yet another person.

(Yes, Pippy, this was inspired by Dollhouse Smile )
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Mon 17 Dec 2012 - 22:48

Wayward Daughter wrote:Natural Camouflage

The ability to camouflage oneself into any natural surroundings and materials. A person could blend in almost perfectly in any natural setting, like a woodland or a field, leaving only the faintest outline people would have to struggle to see, but wouldn't be able to camouflage in an urban setting. The person could also choose to camouflage only part of his or her body, and this'd automatically happen if he or she tried camouflaging when only part of his or her body is near a natural setting (say if he or she was near a plant which was too small to hide entirely)
    Cool Smile
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Desire Projection

The ability to project one's desires into the environment, changing one's surroundings to reflect how one wants them to be. It doesn't truly affect how things are though, just how they're perceived, so it could be used to change appearance but it couldn't heal, make yourself more powerful etc.
    kind of like an illusion?
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Illusion Destruction

The ability to destroy illusions at will. This ability must be consciously used, but it can then enable oneself to see through any illusions, and with a greater effort can be used to force others to see through illusions too. It doesn't sense lies or any other sort of deception too, unlike reality perception or unmasking.
    i would call it disillusion but that's used. Maybe Illusion Removal
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Sediment Mimicry

clay, rock

cool
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Rapture Induction

cool Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Anaesthesia

The ability to block a person's sense of touch. It can prevent a person from feeling pain, from sensing texture and also detecting cold and heat. Sometimes it also has a side effect of relaxing the body's muscles.
    awesome Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Control Manipulation

The ability to alter and manipulate the control of others. It can affect a person's control over his or her abilities, improving it or reducing it to the level of control they had upon manifestation. Similarly, control over the body can be altered: affecting a person's control over their limb movements and breathing, and causing incontinence. The ability can block the effects of Ability Control, Self-control and Passivity Control, and can also block abilities used to control others like Telepathy or Persuasion (only when these are used to control)
    cool
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Electronic Data Visualisation

The ability to see and interpret electronic data signals. A person with this ability would be able to see phone and mobile calls, texts, emails and other internet communication etc, and would be able to correctly interpret and understand what he or she sees. However, he or she will not be able to manipulate the data, stop it or change what it says. He or she also will not be able to create his or her own data without using the necessary equipment.

(Btw, what exactly is the difference between Electronic Data Manipulation and Electronic Communication?)
    not too sure, it was listed that someone had it on the heroes page but i think the difference could be that the first has a more wider control over electronic data.
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Human Mimicry

The ability to transform into any other person. Unlike with Impersonation or Identity Theft, this doesn't just copy the person perfectly, it makes you become him or her. This means that you'd get that person's opinions and beliefs, and would react like him or her in every circumstance. It couldn't be used to impersonate someone in order to do something he or she normally wouldn't do. The only difference between you and them is that you'd know that you can turn back to yourself, or yet another person.

(Yes, Pippy, this was inspired by Dollhouse Smile )
    cool Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 17 Dec 2012 - 22:53

I was guessing that maybe Electronic Data Manipulation can only change them, not make its own messages shrug That's the only thing I can really think of.

Rapture Induction is basically what the cult leader guy had in S1 of Alphas, without his downside Smile I've used the same image too.

I don't like Desire Projection anymore Laughing I thought it up weirdly while trying to find something which could use that Cole illusion gif, but actually I think that'd work better for Illusion Destruction/Illusion Removal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 0:53