Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

One Last Touch

Flaming Star
    Flaming Star
    **Admin of Twilight**
    **Admin of Twilight**

One Last Touch Empty One Last Touch

Post by Flaming Star Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 15:46

Prologue

I had never put much thought into how my future would turn out. Every young girl wants to be married, have kids, a big house and maybe even a dog or two. I knew my future would be nothing like that. Well at the beginning it was what I wanted, perfect. Never once did I dream that it would end up like this.

Tragedy.

Heartbreak.

It takes a long time to let a person in but an even shorter time to rip them away!

I was now one person standing alone. A black room. No light at the end of this tunnel. Just internal darkness. Falling. Falling deeper into that darkness. What will become of me now?
    Flaming Star
    Flaming Star
    **Admin of Twilight**
    **Admin of Twilight**

One Last Touch Empty Re: One Last Touch

Post by Flaming Star Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 15:49

Chapter 1

Walking down the beach hand-in-hand with him made me feel whole. The soft sand of Minorca’s beaches moved beneath our feet with ocean waves lapping at them. I loved Dan and being here with him made me feel all of that love again. Five years together. Five years of memories. Good ones. Great ones. I wasn’t listening to a word that he was saying all I could hear were our best days replaying in my head. I laughed silently to myself.
    I broke from my dream as I trod on a shell. I stopped in my tracks to pick it up but Dan carried on going. He pulled my off my feet. I dragged him down with me and suddenly we were a heap on the floor. I gazed up into his eyes a smile growing on my face. Dan leant down and kissed me on the forehead.
    “We really should stop meeting like this!” he teased in his velvet voice.
    “Get off me before someone sees!” I retorted.
    He pulled to me to my feat with ease.
    Two words shot into my head: last day. Now I was filled with sadness. The evening reflected my mood too. A cool sea breeze filled the air and the sun had almost completely faded. Twilight. The ending of a day. Darkness grew until we reached a small wooden dock extending out from the end of the beach.
    The frame was covered in small, twinkling fairy lights. It was similar to the setting of our first date.
    “What’s this all about?” I asked
    He looked at me with no intention of answering. He covered my eyes.
    “WOW! Your hands are really sweaty, are you worried about something?” I was practically pleading for an answer.
    “Trust me and follow my lead.” He whispered sweetly in my ear.
    I cautiously walked forward with Dan guiding me from behind. As quickly as we had started walking, we were still again. His hands moved from my eyes and entwined with my fingers. I opened my eyes and saw that one the end of the dock was a waiting table for two. There were two candles, a bottle of champagne and two plates of food.
    “Surprise!” he beamed, pulling me towards the table.
    “Is that for us?” I squealed not able to contain the excitement in my voice.
    He pulled out the chair in front of me and gestured for me to take a seat.
    “Yes. Now sit down and enjoy the moment.” He answered with a shaky voice.
    “How did you do this? When did you do this?” I asked.
    He shot me a frantic glance that silenced my questions.
    “Right, enjoy the moment. No more questions I promise.”
    Without saying a word we began to eat. I did not enjoy this awkward silence.
    “Mmm this is delicious!” I had to say something to break the silence. I couldn’t expect the birds and the ocean to do it for me.
    “There’s a reason I brought you here tonight…” finally he had spoken. “We’ve been together for 5 years and I see us having a future together.” He was staring at my face. My mind and my heart were racing now. He had obviously seen the confused expression on my face.
    “Wow, this is hard! Ok I’m just gonna come out and say this!” he got off of his chair and bent down on one knee.
    “Rosie Ann Smith, will you marry me?” he finally blurted out. I did not see that coming, although I had been waiting ages for him to say it. I never thought he would have the courage though.
    He pulled a sleek, black box from his jean pocket. He popped it open to reveal a white gold diamond ring. There was one large square diamond in the middle, with a baguette cut diamond either side, and circular diamonds encrusted in the band. It sparkled a million times in the light. So beautiful, so precious!
    “I … I don’t know what to say…” I managed to spit out.
    “You could say yes!” Dan interrupted impatiently.
    “Yes. Yes of course I will marry you!”
    He pulled the ring from the box and slid it upon my finger. A perfect fit. Destiny.
    I could see that the ring was heavy, but it felt weightless on my finger. Dan rose to my level and put his hand around the back of my neck. He looked into my eyes before pulling me in for a passionate kiss. We moved into a tight embrace! For all I cared the world could stop here. My life was blissful now and I was happier than I had ever been.
    “Hmm Rosie Ann Chapman, I like that! No, wait I love it!” I whispered to him.
    “Well that’s good I suppose,” he chuckled “come on we better get back to the hotel. Someone has a lot of stuff to pack!”
    “Are you implying I have too much stuff?” I shrieked at him
    “Yes I am. And can you take it down an octave or two before you deafen me!” he retorted.
    “Keep teasing me like that and I won’t marry you. This will be the shortest engagement ever recorded.” I retorted threatening him.
    “Ok, I’m sorry now;” he scooped me up into his arms “we really should get inside.”
    He kissed me as we left the beach and crossed the road to our hotel. He sat me on my feet once we were inside and entering the elevator.
    “Ok, so clothes, shoes and gifts.” I mumbled to myself. I didn’t realise that we had stopped and the elevator had opened. Dan was now 3 metres away.
    “Rose, you coming?” he said pulling me out of my daze.
    I ignored him and walked towards the door of our room. I slid the card into the slot and the door pinged open. I headed straight for the wardrobe, flinging its doors open violently, and pulled out the already half full suitcase.
    Dan and I changed into our night wear, and while he want to bed I started on the rest of the packing.
    “Can’t you leave that until morning?” I heard Dan shout from the bedroom.
    “No! I have to do it now” I mumbled slowly. I didn’t know whether he heard me or not.
    The room went silent. I didn’t hear Dan walk from the bedroom to the dining room. He crept up behind me. I could hear his shallow breathing, but it was broken by a chuckle that rose in his throat. Before I had a chance to react, his hands were around my waist and he was lifting me off my feet.
    “Put me down you bug bear!” I shrieked at him.
    “Oh I’m wounded” he said sarcastically “now the packing can wait until morning. You are coming to bed!”
    He threw me onto the bed, and as I tried to get up he pinned me down.
    “Oh, no you don’t! I’m not finished with you yet!”
    His white shirt clung to his perfectly sculpted body. His pyjama bottoms were rough against the exposed bottoms of my legs.
    I stared up into his deep blue eyes. I was completely hypnotised. He stared at me intently as if he was looking straight into my soul. His eyes said everything his mouth could say, only better. They were pleading with me to stay her. In this moment. Forever. I felt my willpower fade; finally I gave up.
    “Fine, ill leave it!” I sighed
    A smile instantly spread across his face.
    “Thank you!” he accepted.
    He stared at me before bowing his head and crushing my lips beneath his. He lifted his head and the smile was back.
    “Ouch, easy there tiger!” My turn to tease him now!
    “Keep teasing me like that and I won’t marry you. This will be the shortest engagement ever recorded.” Great he was mocking me now!
    “So you’re imitating me now?”
    The only answer I got was a deep laugh. I smiled at his amusement. He kissed me again, more gentle this time. He released me from his grasp and laid beside me, pulling me into a tight embrace.
    “I love you. You know that don’t you?” he whispered.
    “Yeah I love you too.” I answered.
    “Really?”
    “Would I be marrying you if I didn’t”
    His hand rose up my back and tangled in my hair. He pulled my face close to his again- kissing me faster and more urgently than before. My heart began to race; surely he could feel it. This effectively ended our conversation.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Flaming Star
    Flaming Star
    **Admin of Twilight**
    **Admin of Twilight**

Post by Flaming Star Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 15:50

After finally finishing the packing we made our way to the airport. Dan returned the rental car, while I checked in out bags. By some miracle we had only managed to gain 5kg of souvenir weight in our bags. After getting all of the paper work that I need I headed off to find Dan. Unsurprisingly, I found him at the bar.
    “come on you can leave that there! The flight starts boarding in five minutes!” I grabbed his arm and tried to pull him away but he was to strong.
    “Oh can’t I finish it?” he pleaded “I only just bought it!”
    He lifted the glass swiftly to his mouth. It was filled with a brown liquid. Lord knows what it was. He had barely touched the glass to his lips when I snatched it away. I slammed it back on to the bar, throwing the liquid everywhere and soaking everyone.
    “and you say I’m stubborn” I snapped at him. “now move it! We have to go!”
    I was annoyed and I wanted him to know it.
    In the same second that I stopped speaking, the speakers boomed to life.
    “FLIGHT 427 TO LONDON IS NOW BOARDING”
    I analysed his reaction to the announcement. He turned to look at me, noticing my frustration. I raised one eyebrow hoping that he would get my not so subtle hint: go now before you get hurt!.
    “Fine you win!!” he sighed.
    I turned to walk away with a smirk of satisfaction on my face. Dan caught up with me a few moments later. He tugged on my hair to let me know he was there. I looked up at his face seeing a smile on his face. It wasn’t the type of smile I was expecting. It was far too cheeky. It only took me a second to guess why he was smiling. I turned to look at the glass on the bar; confirming my suspicions.
    It was empty.
    After submitting our tickets we got on the mini-bus to the plane. It was so crowded, but I could feel Dan’s comforting hand on my back. The only problem was that I could also feel five others. After what felt like a life time we were at the foot of the plane. I ran off of the bus as fast as I could, freeing myself of all the hands. We climbed the stairs to the plane, finally reaching the top. Once aboard we were shown to our seats. I launched myself into the window seat before Dan had a chance. There was no way he was sitting by the window and getting motion sickness again. I did not want a repeat of the flight here. I suppose we were luck that the flight was only 2 hours. After the wait of everyone boarding, we began to move. Dan clutched my hand and squeezed in desperation. I looked at his face seeing that it was filled with panic. At first I thought I was seeing things, but when I looked for a second time I saw his eyes begin to tea up. I couldn’t help laughing to myself.
    “What a softie.” I mumbled to myself.
    He shot me a frantic glance, forcing my face to remove it amusement. I felt his hand begin to shake beneath mine. He tightened his grip; virtually cutting off my circulation.
    “Its ok honey, just relax. I’m right here,” I said trying to soothe him “and could you loosen your grip a bit? I think your breaking bones!”
    Now he smiles- at my pain. Typical. He laid his head back and closed his eyes. I guessed he was taking precautions as the plane leapt into the air. In the same amount of time it took to get one hundred metres in the air, Dan was asleep.
    His breathing was shallow, but at least he was still breathing. Even in his sleeping state he managed to tighten his grip. I didn’t dare move my hand in case he woke. If he was like this on a two hour plane ride, I wouldn’t dream of imaging what he would be like if we had a baby.
    I looked out of the window, watching the clouds float by. I could just about make out the shape of the mountains below. I could hear a strange noise behind me. I snapped my head round to see Dan lying there with his mouth open. Was he snoring now?!! The snoring grew louder gradually attracting the attention of everyone around us. Were they ALL looking? I felt my face get redder and hotter with embarrassment. I couldn’t even deny that we were together as he was still holding my hand. I shook him once. Nothing. I shook him again. This time he lifted his head and opened his eyes a fraction.
    “Stop snoring!!” I whispered.
    He grunted and laid his head back down, drifting back off to sleep. I did the same, and slowly I drifted off.
    Shortly after I was violently awoken. Dan was shaking me.
    “Wake up will ya!” he said impatiently.
    Wow talk about role reversals. I slowly opened my eyes trying to focus my vision.
    “We’re home.
    Before I had a chance to look out of the window, Dan pulled me out of my seat.
    “Hey,” I screeched “what about our carry-ons?”
    The only reply I got was Dan lifting his left hand to show me that it was carrying our bags. As we walked down the stairs, Dan released my hand. After over two hours of holding it. I studied it closely, paying close attention to the imprints that Dan’s fingers had left. Was that a bruise forming? He didn’t squeeze that hard, did he?
    We went to collect my bags, not waiting long for them at all. The airport in London was a lot cooler than the one in Menorca. As we collected our last bag, we made our way outside. The sun was a lot hotter than I expected. It burned my skin immediately. We had left the car in a storage park about a mile away from the airport. We found a taxi and we were there in less than 20 minutes. Surprisingly traffic was light.
    I scanned the car park for our red Vauxhall hoping that we didn’t have to walk far. I spotted it about 2 rows and 5 cars from the entrance. I turned around to point the car out to Dan, only to see him throwing the contents of one bag everywhere.
    “Dan, what the BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING?”
    He hadn’t noticed me looking at him, but when he did he sheepishly started to re-pack the bag.
    “Oh, um where did you put the car keys?” he questioned.
    “In the pocket of your carry- on,! I replied “don’t tell me you’ve lost them.”
    “Well I cant find them!”
    I walked over to him heading straight for the bag. I opened the pocket where I had put them; there they were. I held them in the palm of my hand, stretching it out within inches of his face.
    “OK, little miss Cocky!” he teased. “lets hope its still in one piece!”
    “It better be, its only 6 months old!”
    I immediately began to walk towards the car and within minutes us, and our bags, were inside. Dan had volunteered to drive. I didn’t know why. A ‘male pride thing’ I thought. Once the engine had roared to life, I knew that we would be home within a few hours. I tilted my head back and began to fall asleep. I content with my life now. I could see my self years in the future, have in married this man. Yes, he was the one. The one who I would share my life any my memories with. The one who I would have kids with. The one who I would love forever and the one who would love me.
    Flaming Star
    Flaming Star
    **Admin of Twilight**
    **Admin of Twilight**

Post by Flaming Star Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 15:51

CHAPTER 2- plans

Coming home was a blur. My head spun with the unfortunate fact that I had to go back to work on Monday. I loved my job as a teacher, and I wouldn’t change it for the world, but after the 6 weeks holidays, you kind of get used to the time off. As we pulled around the corner of our street I could see a big white sheet hanging off the front of our house.
    “OH GREAT! I knew it was a mistake letting Rebekah with us for a while!” i groaned.
    “Just give her a chance.” Ok, Dan was turning all therapist on me! I looked over at him and saw he had a smirk on his face. What was he up to now?
    “I’m never letting you persuade me into doing anything again!”
    As we pulled closer to the house I saw that the sheet was in fact a banner that read
    ‘CONGRATULATIONS’
    “What’s all this about?”
    Dan laughed, stopping after seeing the scowl on my face.
    “When I told Rebekah what I was planning she wanted to throw you a surprise party,” he told me “I thought it was a good idea, plus Lindsay is an unstoppable force of nature!”
    “Well it’s not a surprise anymore!” I couldn’t help letting that one slip in. “you’re gonna pay for this”
    “Oh just humour her! And you know I love it when you threaten me”
    “I’ll suffer it, but only because I love her so much. I’m not so sure about you at the moment”
    After realising what I had said he looked at me with quite a worried look on his face. I laughed at this and then winked at him. His smile returned as we parked up outside our house. Now that we were in the drive way I could see the effort Rebekah had gone to.
    Rebekah was my sister. Brown hair. Tall and Slim. Practically my twin…..just 3 years younger. I couldn’t hate her no matter what she did to me, or how many parties she threw me.
    As I walked up the stairs to the front door I was suddenly full of fear.
    “You ready?” Dan whispered from behind me, making me jump into the air.
    “No, do I really have to go in there?” desperation filled my voice.
    “No time like the present!”
    “Ugh Fine!! Time to face the music!”
    I pushed the door open; shaking at the thought of what was coming next!
    “SURPRISE!!!!” there were so many people in my hallway I couldn’t see who was there!
    I forced a smile onto my face, I wasn’t really known for my acting skills.
    I was passed from person to person. I was getting sick of the word congratulations. Dan had gone to take the bags upstairs but was back down within 5 minutes.
    Hands covered my eyes from behind me.
    “Have I gone blind or is that my baby sister playing tricks on me again?” i still called her my baby sister even though she was 22.
    “Hey, enough of the baby talk; save that for any of your future kids!!”
    She swung me around, hugging me tightly and kissing me on the head. Suddenly it felt like my 10th birthday party again.
    “It’s so good to see you Rebekah!! Even though it has only been 2 weeks!”

“I missed you too!” she squealed almost deafening me. “This house is awfully lonely, I’m glad I threw all those parties!”
    I broke away from the hug and held her at arms length.
    “Uh what do you mean parties?” I tried to keep my cool not having much luck.
    “Rosie chill! It was a joke. God you are highly strung.” She loves to take the mickey out of me! Still, she was the best sister a person could ask for.
    I scowled at her comment making her grin widen even further.
    “Come on then show me your ring!!”
    Before I had the chance to move m hand, she grabbed it pulling me towards her.
    “OW, careful Beck!! I can break you know!!”
    “A) don’t call me Beck!! And B) it beautiful!! I still cant believe my big sister is getting married!!” She was screaming again now”
    I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was coming up to 7 o’clock. I didn’t realise how fast time had flown.
    “Ok, Rebekah can you start getting people to leave please? Its getting late and I have a lot of unpacking to do!”
    By the time that everyone had left it was 8 o’clock. We were all exhausted as we retired for a cup of tea before a luxurious night in our own bed. Dan had already gone up to bed- bless him he kept getting headaches. I told him he needed glasses! It meant that I was left with Rebekah and I knew exactly what was coming next.
    “So have you started planning the wedding yet?” Rebekah gleamed at me.
    “I only got engaged a few days ago, give me a chance to get my head around the idea.” I couldn’t stop my voice from going squeaky at the end of my sentence.
    “Oh, OK. So have you given any thoughts about who will be your bridesmaids yet?” What was this an interrogation? I knew what she was after!
    “As it happens I have thought about it. It’s the one thing I have thought about. I’m sorry but you don’t make the cut”
    The smile dropped off of her face as I spoke. She threw a pillow at me as I winked to her. I caught the pillow and threw it back.
    “DON’T scare me like that again!!”
    “Shh you’ll wake Dan. I want him to get some sleep he has been getting a lot of head aches recently!”
    “He needs glasses!” We both said it at the same time.
    We laughed together before we heard Dan shout for us to keep the noise down.
    “Come on we better go to bed now! We can’t teach those kids with bags under our eyes!”
    “’night Rebekah!”
    We worked together at our local Primary school- I was a teacher and she was a trainee. Now I was her mentor! I couldn’t get away from her, no matter how much effort I put in. I knew that I was going to be plagued with wedding plans. I didn’t know making Rebekah Maid of honour was for the better or worse.
    That night I went to bed with a dark cloud looming over my head. I was terrified of this marriage and I had no idea why.
    Flaming Star
    Flaming Star
    **Admin of Twilight**
    **Admin of Twilight**

Post by Flaming Star Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 15:53

The next morning I called a ‘house meeting’. My fear from the night before had disappeared and now I was excited. I knew that Rebekah would want to make plans soon, and it would be easier to plan if we had a date.
    Dan sat at the end of the table, looking anxious as usual. Rebekah could obviously guess why I had called them down here, as the grin on her face was like that you would find on a Cheshire cat.
    “Ok. Now tomorrow we are all back at work. We also have a wedding to plan, and I know somebody is going to keep on about it at work!” I looked at Rebekah as I spoke.
    “While we are all in the mood to plan, I thought we should nail down a date. That way we can see how long we have. Ok I’m open to suggestions.”
    “I’m staying out of this! Its your wedding. I don’t want any blame if you get divorced!” Rebekah laughed at my reaction.
    Dan just sat there with his head in his hands. He looked in pain, but for him that was usual before he went to work.
    “Dan? Hello? Input? Any at all?” I analysed him as I spoke, I could tell he wasn’t in the mood, but still he gave some thought.
    “What about…?” he paused, leaving me hanging in suspense. “New years eve?”
    “I never thought of that”
    “It gives us enough time to plan, and it’s a romantic day…..” he trailed off before putting his head onto the table.
    Rebekah and I looked at each other. I could tell that something want right.
    “Honey are you ok?” I asked sympathetically.
    “No I have a headache again!”
    “Why don’t you make an appointment at the doctors?”
    “It’s just a few headaches. I have to go to work now any way.”
    He rose from his chair and walked over to where his briefcase was. It was like he was in slow motion. It was easy to see how much pain he was in. He walked over and kissed me goodbye before walking out the door.
    “Do you think it’s too early to go looking for dresses?” Rebekah said, a little to enthusiastically.
    “Well we do have a free day, and you never know when we will have time off again.”
    “YES!” Rebekah screamed. “ok now there is a really cute bridal store that I saw last week, I’ll drive!” she was up and out of her seat within second with the keys already in her hands.
    “ok but I’m not buying just looking!”
    It took us 10 minutes to get there, which with Rebekah driving was still hell.
    We walked in and the beautiful array of gowns took my breath away.
    I looked at rack after rack of these gowns. I knew what I was looking for. I was beginning to lose hope, when we came to the last rail. There it was. The perfect dress. Ivory coloured, and jaw dropping. I couldn’t help gasping when I saw it.
    “Try it on” Rebekah urged.
    I was in no position to object. I loved it. I did as she said and fell even deeper in love with it. The bodice was encrusted with crystals, and lace decorated the skirt. Everything I was looking for!
    “Its too early to buy it. Isn’t it?”
    “Actually,” a voice said from behind me, it was the shop owner. “the earlier the better. We need a few months for alterations, and that way its one less thing to worry about. “
    “She’ll take it!” Rebekah said.
    I sent her a puzzled look.
    “Its my wedding present to you! I’d been saving up since Dan told me he was going to propose!” She hugged me, tightly before going to pay the deposit.
    “thank you!” I whispered as I hugged her back.
    We were off to a good start and now there were only about 20 more things to worry about. Great!!
    With that worry over for the day I went to bed, knowing that I had work in the morning. I hadn’t told Dan about the dress yet, that was tomorrow’s problem.
    Work was dull and suddenly my mind was taken over with plans. I had never felt this excited before. Working with children made me broody. I knew that we would try after the wedding, but I had never put this much thought into future plans.
    By the time December came, life was well and truly hectic. We had already sorted all of our outfits (dresses and suits etc) and the best men and bridesmaids. For my bridesmaid I had Dan’s sister and Rebekah. For the best man was Dan’s best friend. The venues and catering was sorted. I had to pick the dress up on Boxing day, as that was the only day that the shop was open over the holidays. I came home to see Dan as pale as a sheet, with tears rolling down his face. He was staring blankly at a magazine. I quickly gave the dress to Rebekah before I rushed to his side. I picked up the wedding bands on the morning of my penultimate day of freedom.
    “What ever is the matter?” I asked, a little panic in my voice.
    I didn’t get an answer from him. He just shoved one of my magazines at me. I looked at the page, it was a story about somebody whose wife had died from a brain aneurism. He looked at me. The sheer terror in his eyes worried me.
    “What’s the matter? Why are you so upset over this?”
    He pointed to a specific passage on the page. It stated the symptoms of the aneurism.
    It said something about headaches and vomiting as well as some other stuff that I didn’t understand.
    “Now do you see?” he whispered with a shaky voice.
    “Wait, you think that you have these symptoms?” I puzzled.
    He nodded as he went white again. He looked at me again.
    “I thought you said you sickness was from the stag night.”
    He shook his head. “I never drank that night, because of the headaches.”
    I was glad Rebekah wasn’t here otherwise this would turn into a soap opera.
    “There’s nothing we can do until you have seen a doctor,” I said reaching for the phone. “I’ll make you an appointment for a few days after the wedding. You’ll be lucky if they are open though.”
    They were open, and at the announcement that he had an appointment some colour returned to Dan’s face.
    Rebekah came leaping through the door, with best friend (and best man) in tow. She looked at Dan.
    “You, time to go! You aren’t allowed to see the bride on the big day.” She walked over to Dan and pulled him out of his seat, and pushing him through the door.
    “Any ideas to what YOU want to do today?” she beamed.
    “I think I will just come to terms with what is happening tomorrow. Now I’m going to try the dress on one last time, I’ll call you when I need you!”
    “ok.” She said sorrowfully.
    As I trudged up the stairs to my room, I knew deep in my heart that something was deeply wrong. I knew it wasn’t cold feet, as I had never been more sure of my love for Dan. It was something bigger than that. Something that would cause so much pain. Something to do with the bombshell that Dan had just dropped on me.
    Flaming Star
    Flaming Star
    **Admin of Twilight**
    **Admin of Twilight**

Post by Flaming Star Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 15:54

Chapter 3- The big day.

Every girl dreams about this day of her life, and it always seems like a lifetime away. For me though it was here. December 31st. My wedding. As I lay in bed, I dreamt about the day that was ahead of me, anticipating what would go wrong. Would the transport turn up? Would Dan turn up for that matter? Even though I was looking forward to the wedding, I still had a nagging feeling. I couldn’t shake it. I kept thinking about Dan, and what he had said after reading the article. He had always told me to ‘live for today, and let the future worry about its self. Even though these words repeated in my head, I was still worried about that doctor’s appointment. It was 3 days away. As I closed my eyes and tried to forget about it all (for today anyway), a tear slid down my cheek. It dropped onto the pillow leaving little trace of where it had come from. The weather seemed to be optimistic though. For 9 o’clock in the morning it was bright. There was a winter sun that made the frost on the ground sparkle. There was a crisp winter wind blowing around the houses. I didn’t care about what the temperature was or what the sky looked like, all I cared about was being with Dan. I could distantly hear Rebekah moving in the room next to me. She was trying to move quietly, but it wasn’t working. Her footsteps approached my door, before it was violently pushed open. The Pine shivered as the door hit the wall. Rebekah bounced over to my bed, jumping on it as soon as she was close enough. She landed on my legs, nearly breaking them.
    “Rebekah watch it!” I screamed “I need those today of all days.”
    I didn’t get a worded answer, just an out of tune hummed version of the wedding theme. She smiled widely, bearing all of her teeth at me.
    “Are you gonna bite my neck or something?” I joked.
    “No!” she poked her tongue out at me. “Today’s the big day. Are you excited?”
    “Hmm. I’ll be excited when you stop crushing my legs!”
    She poked her tongue out once again.
    “You go and have a bath; I’m going to get the entire bag of make up ready. Prepare to be pampered!”
    I rolled my eyes at the thought of my make-up being done by her. She has always said she was going to be a make up artist. It was never meant to be though, the make up just didn’t agree with her.
    I ran the bath as hot as I could stand it, mounting it high with bubbles. As I climbed in the water burned my skin. I didn’t care; I the excitement was just beginning to brew inside me. The butterflies were fluttering in my stomach-finally. I closed my eyes, to stop them watering from the heat. I started to dream Dan was there dresses in white, he had a subtle glow around him and his smile was radiant. He kissed my head one last time before he disappeared completely. The banging on the door woke me prematurely. As I sat upright, my arms hit the water hard, throwing it all over the cram tiles. I though I had imagined the banging on the door, but there it was again.
    “Rosie, are you alive in there?” Rebekah spoke through the door.
    “Yeah, I I I I’m fine, I’ll be out in a second.”
    I quickly dried and dressed, otherwise Rebekah would drag me out by my hair.
    I opened the door only to see Rebekah standing there with one hand on her hip and the other at here ear with a phone in it.
    “Lizzie wants to know what time to get here!” she whispered.
    “Umm, half an hour before we leave, so 1:30.”
    Rebekah muttered down the phone before snapping it shut. She slid it into her pocket, so that she had her hands free. Her hands gripped my arms, yanking me down the stairs and into the kitchen. I noticed that the table was piled high with make up. There was no way that she was going to give up on doing my make up.
    “Sit!” Rebekah ordered.
    I did exactly as she said. I didn’t need any of her tantrums today. I went against my better judgement as I sat frozen while she prodded and poked at my face. Rebekah rubbed foundation into my face before dusting it lightly with foundation. She had just begun to apply my eye shadow, when my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was a message and it was from Dan saying:
    “I LOVE YOU AND I WILL BE WAITING AT THE END OF THAT AISLE FOR YOU!! XX

Before I had a chance to re-read it, the phone was snatched from my hand and switched off. I scowled at Rebekah. She carried on with my make up as if nothing had happened.
    After almost an hour Rebekah was finally done. She lifted the mirror in front of my face. I stared at the reflection that it gave. Was that really me? Did I really look like that? I had to admit that she had done a good job. She lifted another mirror behind my head, to show me my hair. It was immaculate, curled up, and clipped so that the veil would fit in effortlessly. She lifted the veil off of the table, and fitted it into my hair. It was the first time that I had seen the veil in all of its glory. It was lace, with a flowery decoration around the hem.
    “Right, now go and get that dress on missy!” Rebekah said. “its almost time!”
    “What about your dress?” I replied.
    “My make up is done, and my dress takes 5 minutes to put on! I’ll be up soon, now Go!!”
    I didn’t answer her, I just grinned widely. As I walked up the stairs to where that dream dress was, I could feel the veil flowing behind me.
    “Not long now!” I told my self.
    I walked into my room, only to see my dress staring at me, waiting to be put on.
    I took it out of its holder, so carefully. It seemed so delicate beneath my anxious fingers. I was so frightened in case I broke it. I was frozen; stunned by its beauty. A small tear glistened in my eye, as I though about the people who wouldn’t be here on this day. My mum and dad, who had died a few years earlier. A gentle knock on the door woke me from my trance. The door opened slowly as Rebekah curled her head around it.
    “Can I come in yet?” she whispered.
    She walked in, and it was the first time that I had seen her in her bridesmaids dress. She looked stunning, in her knee length red dress.
    “Wow, you look amazing!” I cried.
    “I’ll be nothing compared to you once you have THAT on!” she pointed to my dress.
    She walked over and took the dress from my hands. She lifted it over my head, letting it slide like butter down my body. I twisted round giving her access to the corset ribbons at the back. She pulled the ribbons tighter so that the dress gloved my body. That was it. I was finally ready. The doorbell rang, echoing through the now silent house.
    “That’s Lizzie,” Rebekah stated. “Now, can I leave you to put you shoes on yourself?”
    I rolled my eyes at her lack of faith as she disappeared down the stairs. I could faintly hear the voices of my bridesmaids. . As I cautiously descended the stairs, (trying carefully not to step on my dress), I could feel all eyes on me. As I reached the bottom, I couldn’t move any further. They both just stood there, with their eyes open wide. They both approached, wrapping their wandering arms around me.
    “You look so beautiful!” Lizzie whispered.
    I just smiled at their compliments. As a last minute decision I had asked Lizzie of her daughter, Maggie, could be bridesmaid too. After seeing Dan dote on her the way that he did, I knew it was the right thing to do. She looked so beautiful in her little red dress and silver shoes. She was only 7 but she was so beautiful. Rebekah had disappeared outside, before running back in again.
    “The carriage and cars are here!” she screamed.
    I grinned from ear to ear as the future sunk in. Lizzie threw me my flowers, before walking outside with Maggie. I followed closely, trying to stay upright in my shoes. Rebekah gripped my arm, as we walked out side to the carriage. Dan had organised the transport, and it was typical of him that he would order a horse and carriage. Rebekah would be riding with me, wile Lizzie and Maggie followed in the car behind.
    As the door of the carriage shut, I knew that there was now no going back.
    “Rebekah, there is something I need to ask you.”
    “What? Now you have me worried.”
    “As dad isn’t here, I wondered if you would walk me down the aisle.”
    “Rose, I’d be honoured!”
    She hugged me tightly and we cried together at those who were missing. We talked all the way to the church, just to take my mind off of anything that could go wrong. The sky had clouded over, into a brilliant white, covering the sun. It was now 5 minutes to two and we were almost at the church. The carriage was glass, so I was able to stare up into the menacing sky. A tiny white snowflake fell onto the carriage roof, sliding down the side. So far the day was more like a dream than reality. Nothing he gone wrong (yet!), and now it was snowing. As we pulled up outside the church the snow had lightly dusted the ground. As we climbed out of the carriage, Lizzie and Maggie held the train of my dress away from the snow and Rebekah clutched onto my arm. As I walked through the large oak doors, only the aisle awaited me. All my fears disappeared the moment that I saw Dan. His smile was blinding and I couldn’t take my eyes away. Rebekah’s hand shook in mine as we got further down the aisle. To my surprise my nerves were solid. As we reached the alter Rebekah placed my hand in Dan’s. By some miracle I hadn’t tripped up.
    Flaming Star
    Flaming Star
    **Admin of Twilight**
    **Admin of Twilight**

Post by Flaming Star Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 15:56

We stood at the alter ready to take our vows. Dan stopped the vicar and pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket.
    “Is it ok if I say my own vows?” he said. I knew he was working on something, and now I knew what. The vicar gave him permission and he started to read from the paper.
    “Rosie, I loved you from the first minute that I saw you.” He said “You were the ray of light at the end of a tunnel and I knew that you would be my rock, my equal, and my partner. I will love you no matter what happens in the future and we will face everything together and united. No words can describe my love for you.”
    By the time he had finished tears streamed down my face.
    “Do you have your own vows ma’am?” the vicar questioned.
    “No, but the best ones come from the heart. Here I go. Dan, I have never known a kinder, more genuine person in all of my life. I have never felt this way about anybody before. You are my everything and I could simply not live with out you. I love you!” I managed to say in between sobs.
    As I turned to Rebekah to get Dan’s ring, I could see that she had been crying too. I turned back; ready to place the ring on Dan’s finger. As we placed them onto each other’s fingers, we said our “I do’s”.
    “I now pronounce you husband and wife” the vicar announced. “You may now kiss the bride!”
    As we smiled, Dan wrapped his hand behind my neck, pulling me close and kissing me urgently. We were now officially Mr and Mrs Chapman.
    After signing the marriage certificate and getting the photos done (while being showered in snow and confetti) we made our way to the reception, in the limo. Dan gripped my hand tightly, before starting to shake.
    “What’s wrong? Feel like you made a mistake?” I joked.
    “No I’m just worried about that doctor’s appointment. It’s even worse now that you can’t come with me.”
    “It’s not my fault that I can’t be there, but I’m always here for you.” I leaned over and kissed him. “Now, can we relax until after the reception?”
    He smiled and kissed me back. “Sure!”
    Dan gripped my hand tightly as we walked into the reception, showing to everyone that I was now his. As we walked into the hall, everybody cheered and clapped. We were hugged by many different people, while they all poured in. Finally everybody was here, and we took out seats at the head table. Dan stood up and tapped a glass; the room fell silent.
    “Speech, Speech!!” I heard somebody shout.
    “I have never really been a person for speeches, but I’ll do my best anyway. Words cannot describe how much I love you and how happy you have made me. Before I met you I was lost, and then there you were. My guiding light. You have made me everything that I am today, and I love you for that! Now Ladies and Gentleman, please join me in raising a glass for the Bride!”
    By the time he had finished his eyes were glassy with tears and they glittered in the half light of the hall. Now it was my turn.
    “Dan has always been there for me, and I will always be there for him. I have never met a more caring and passionate person. Every hurdle we face we will face together.” Before I had a chance to finish Rebekah stood up. She leant over and whispered in my ear.
    “I’ll take it from here sis!” She whispered. I sat down and let her carry on.
    “I have never met two people that are more suited to each other. Their relationship is so special and strong nothing can break it apart. I wish them a long and happy life together, and may all their dreams come true. A toast, to Mr & Mrs Chapman.”
    Dan gripped my hand as glasses ‘clinked’ together. The lights came up slightly giving everyone a chance to eat. I didn’t stop staring at Dan the whole way through. For some reason my appetite has disappeared, and I felt a little off. Couples filled the dance floor as the evening swayed on.
    “If everyone would now clear the dance floor, its time for the happy couple’s first dance.” The DJ piped up from behind us.
    I was blind to the song that Dan had chosen, and now I was scared that he had chosen so Hip Hop dance theme. As he led me to the middle of the dance floor, I could feel all the eyes in the room on me. He held me close ready for the song to start. I looked up at him and saw a slight smirk on his face.
    “What have you done? You’ve chosen some dodgy dance anthem haven’t you?” I sighed.
    “Just wait” he smirked.
    He held me close as the music started to play.
    “Your remembered!” I screeched reaching up and kissing him on the lips. He had chosen Enrique Inglesias’ Hero-the song that was playing when we had our first date.
    I stared up into his glittering eyes, and every reason that I loved him surfaced. As the lights slowly dimmed, the candles on each of the tables gave a romantic light. The disposable cameras flashed and for those three minutes it seemed like the whole world revolved around us. I had never felt so happy and complete as I did now. This would be one of the moments I would remember. I laid my head against Dan’s chest, and listened to the rhythm of his hear. It was faint through his waistcoat, but I could hear it crystal clear. If I was to leave this world now, I would be content with my life.
    As the song ended, I was gutted that our moment has ended. Before I had a chance to sit back down, Rebekah grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the door. She led me into a small room behind the main hall.
    “Rebekah, what are you doing?” I shot at her.
    “You need to change!” she remarked.
    “Excuse me? I need to do what?”
    “Dresses!” she threw a dress at me as I spoke and I changed quickly. “You have to go now! That suite won’t wait forever, you know!”
    I didn’t want to argue and ruin the day, it was too perfect already.
    She dragged me back into the hall as Dan and I said good night to everyone. Our day was almost over. As we walked out to get in the limo to the hotel, we were once again showered with confetti. There was one thing left for me to do: throw my bouquet. I turned to face Dan as I threw the flowers backwards. I turned around, only to see Rebekah holding them. Typical. We left the sea of fairy lights and headed off to the hotel. I looked over at Dan, and he was staring vacantly at the seat in front of him. He jostled as the car moved, but other than that he didn’t move a muscle.
    “Dan? Dan, honey are you ok?” I moved my hand in front of his face as I spoke.
    He looked over and smiled at me. His eyes sparkled in the faint light, and he squeezed my hand. A small gesture letting me know that he was ok. The car parked in front of the hotel, and we raced up to our room. He held the door open, as I rushed through the door, excited at what was inside. The trail leading up to the bed was covered in Rose petals, and candles lit the room. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.
    “Oh, it’s perfect! How did you--?” Dan put his finger against my lips silencing me.
    “Just enjoy it!” he said seductively.
    He kissed me passionately, and then kissed down my neck. It was total bliss being her with him, and somehow, it was more intimate now that we were married. All of the day’s excitement was now channelled into this moment. As he tugged at my dress, I gave up and started to black out…….

I woke up, feeling free. Everything that the previous day had held was now a blur and a memory. I was free to focus on the rest of our lives together. I turned and just stared at his face. He looked like such an angel while he slept. I didn’t know the secrets that his mind contained, all the worries and stress that he kept to himself. His doctor’s appointment was only 2 days away. The butterflies had started to re-surface.
    I didn’t know what would come next. Was it serious? Was it something that was easy to sort? Only time would tell, and there was nothing I could do until then, other than to sleep my fears away.
    I drifted off soon into a deep sleep. I began to see images in my head. I was standing in the middle of a cemetery, with a little girl in my arms. She was beautiful, long brown hair, stunning green eyes and the cutest button nose. She resembled Dan very much, with a few of my features in their too. The sun was strong, it must have been the middle to late summer. I put the little girl on the ground, and she walked over to a headstone. She chuckled at the butterflies that flew around her.
    “DAN CHAPMAN. Beloved husband and father”
    I stared at the stone in disbelief, tears welling up in my eyes. I watched the little girl, pick daisies from the grass and place them around the headstone. She moved so elegantly and free. Her smile was dazzling, and it knocked me for six. I was hypnotized by the way the wind blew in her hair.
    “Mummy, look, Daddy is her!” she sang sweetly.
    She grabbed my hand and pulled me over. I knelt down at the stone and wipe the dirt from it. The little girl locked her arms around my neck, and kissed my cheek.
    “Did Daddy leave because he didn’t love us?” she said.
    Those thought of that being true ripped my heart further apart than it already was.
    “No honey. Sometimes people leave for reasons that we can’t explain. He loved you so much, and I know that he wanted more time with you. Although you cannot see him, he will always be with you. OK? He will never forget you. “I sobbed as I spoke these words. I was crying at the fact that he was gone, I could never hold him again, and our little girl thought that he had left because he didn’t love her. He would never see his little girl grow up. He would never hear her laugh or see her smile, and she would never know the person that her father was. I was good to see that he was dominant in her features, displaying a constant reminder of an angel. I sobbed and sobbed as the girl clung to my neck, and floated around the headstone.
    I woke with a fright, trying to figure out if my dream was real or not. The bed was empty on Dan’s side. The hairs rose eon the back of my neck, and I started to panic.
    “Dan? Dan where are you?” I screamed.
    “In the kitchen making coffee” he hollered back.
    I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn’t want to tell him about what I had just seen. It was nothing but a nightmare. Dan was still here, and that’s all that mattered. I had to forget about it, and focus on the doctor’s appointment.
    Something just wouldn’t let me forget. It was as if the sequence was burned into my memory. All I could do was hope and pray that it stayed a dream.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 18:22

Awww! Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 21:44

These are really brilliant, Ells. And they made me cry again when I reread them
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Sat 7 Nov 2009 - 18:29

Bloody brilliant, El! Well done!

*Claps*
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron