Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+2
MATTYGUY
Killuminati
6 posters

Arc Angel - The assassins story

Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Arc Angel - The assassins story Empty Arc Angel - The assassins story

Post by Killuminati Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 15:58

This is just a story in the works at the moment, I'll try to update it as often as anyways hope yous like it Very Happy

Chapter 1

Life is like a game show; you can be on a roll for several rounds and winning all you desire but you say one wrong word and that buzzer will sound your defeat. All of your previous winnings will be taken from you and then you'll be promptly thrown from the game. In life the similarities are astounding especially when you're looking at the poor man who's about to get kicked out of the game from down the scope of an M21.

This man played life the best way he could but never seemed to end up anywhere other than being someone elses lackey. So he decided one day that he could call in a few of his 'friends' in the hope that the game could be rigged in his favour and help him live the life of champagne and $1000 dollar suits. For years it was all going so smoothly for him in the seedy, corrupt world of politics.

In fact he fit in like a glove as it's no secret that the majority of politicians in this city are on the mobs payroll. Any good cop or detective in the city would be out to bust him in the name of the law. But that's not why I'm here.

I'm not sitting in this dank, dirty apartment aiming out the window just because he's taking backhanders from the lowlifes responsible for the crime that's engulfing this city.I'm doing this because he himself is one of those lowlifes and just like the ones before him and the ones that will follow after him, he is going to pay for every single ill deed that he has ever performed in his life.

Look at him. He stands behind that podium flaunting a holier than thou image when in reality he's nothing but a twisted man with a penchant for abusing children and having his goons throw their still warm bodies in a shallow, unmarked grave. Dispicable.

Mind you I have killed people and harmed a lot more, that I will admit, but it has never crossed my mind to ever harm a child in any sort of way. Think of it as a code or that I have standards. You can put me in a room with a rapist fine I'll gut him dry but you put me in a room with a child and expect me to kill it; I'll kill you.There is some things you just don't do in this world and taking the life of those who haven't had a proper chance at living is one of them.I could go on for hours regarding this subject but unfortunately I haven't got that time.

My right eye leaves the viewpoint of the scope to check my watch. He should be calling it a day with his speech soon, 5 minutes and 36 seconds to be exact. When he finishes he'll take the time to answer a few questions from the local press and that's when the fun starts.

A man he screwed over a long time ago has been called on to help me with this little mission. Don't worry he hasn't got a clue who I am and if all goes well he'll have followed the instructions I gave him, along with that package.Of course as much as this guy has it in for Senator Bryson I didn't expect him to do it for free so a little incentive was attached to it as well.

As much as I went through to get what's inside that package, I don't necessarily care if he doesn't show up. It's just that I'd rather have a little flavour sprinkled over the senators last minutes, and nothing says that better than the revelation of his dirty little secret being broadcast all over the city as he chokes on his own blood.That is a perfect ending for someone as vile and grotesque as him.

There is something I never quite understood about these politician types.Why would they choose to have public statements out in the open? Didn't they ever consider that there could be someone like me in the background waiting on them like a shark circling for blood? Or maybe that god complex that comes with the job gives them a sense of invincibility. Whatever it is, it isn't a very sensible option considering the lunatics that now occupy New York. One of them could just run out of that crowd and empty an entire clip into him before being restrained by the local law enforcement. That's just one of the many security faults I've seen since I've been here: Not enough crowd control.

I take a look down my scope again to see what's happening across the way. The Senator is oozing charisma and confidence as the media and his supporters lap it all up. That's all going to change in two minutes though.

Everyone gathered around that library is going to immediately have their beliefs and faith in that man shattered and then, when I pull the trigger they're not going to give two fucks about his death. Funny that; people can worship the ground someone walks on for their entire lives and then when it all hits the fan they're trying to set fire to his feet. It's very... enjoyable to watch

Looking around the area with my scope I come across something interesting. Brysons old friend is in position at the back of the crowd. I'll call him to make sure he knows what to do and when to do it.

I dial his number into my cell phone and it rings for several seconds. I watch him reach into his pocket as he clutches the package I gave him.

"Hello,"He answers as a few people walk past him.

"Daniel present the package to the media whenever Bryson starts taking questions,"I told him as he watched the Senator talk to the crowd.

"Look who is this?" He asked as he started to look around frantically.

"I'm an an enemy of your enemy.That makes me your friend.For now anyway."

"Where are you?"

"None of your concern at this moment in time,"I told him as I check my watch again. Only a minute left.

"I know people I can get you traced man,"He told me in a bid to unnerve me.

"Don't be silly this call is encrypted and I haven't left any substanial clues as to who I am,"I told him as I watch him grasp a hold of his red hair in frustration," Remember now Daniel; When he starts taking questions, you present the media with the package and tell them to open it, got it?"

"What if I don't?" He asked nervously.

"Then I'll have to come and get my money back,"I warned him before hanging up.

I watched him shake his head as he put his phone back in his pocket and headed into the crowd. He was very visible due to the bright red dye in his hair so it was easy enough to see him moving through the masses of brainwashed fools.

With a quick glance at my watch I seen that time is coming to a close with only a few seconds left to spare. As expected, the Senator has just started to wrap things up and should be done right about... now.

The crowd started clapping and cheering and the flashes of the photographers cameras were flickering as he gave his trademark smile and wave. After that he started speaking again and Daniel got himself into a good position beside a news crew.

I can understand the nervousness that is currently overcoming Daniel. I mean it's not exactly a good thing to be walking around with a package containing 'illegal' imagery of the Senator in one of his debauched sex sessions. Well, with me around it isn't a good thing; just ask the original owner of them. Whenever he wakes up that is.

Looking back with a grin spreading across my face, Daniel engages conversation with the reporter before handing her the package and walking off. The woman rips it open to look at the contents inside which causes her and the cameraman to gasp in horror as the Senator talks on, unbeknown that everything is about to blow up in his face.

My finger is firmly placed on the trigger as the senator is bombarded from all angles with an endless stream of questions. However the reporter that has obtained the pictures that I sent to Daniel seems to stick out like a sore thumb. She immediately grasps the Senators attention by waving the pictures in the air and wailing at the top of her lungs like the banshees of Irish folklore. The crowd's starting to get unruly now and it's not helping that the reporters passing those pictures around like candy. Perfect.

This is the final stage of my plan. Bryson is clearly looking unsettled by this and the look on his face suggests he may try to make an escape. I have to end this quickly before he can even get a chance to make a run for it.

The bullet whizzes through the air without a sound as I finally pull the trigger. It soars above the heads of the now hostile crowd and pierces its way through the targets throat. He instinctively holds on to his neck with both hands as the blood gushes out through his fingers and onto the ground below him. A futile reaction considering he'll be dead within seconds.

Just as I said that he staggers down the steps and collapses on the ground, right in front of the astonished crowd who are currently a pick and mix bag of emotions.

The aftermath of this will surely see all hell break loose but I'm not going to stick around and find out; I've got to get going and quick. So I pack the gun away into it's case and clean up to make sure no prints or hair strands of mine will be detectable to the cops when, or if, they ever get here

After that I should be out the door, down the hallway and out the fire escape. With any luck, not a single soul will even notice me doing this, making it all the easier for my get away. If only that was the case though.

With my gloved hand on the door handle and ready to turn, I can assume that no one will be outside waiting on me. Wrong. There's someone coming, their footsteps can be heard marching up the stairwell to the eastern side of the building.

How is this happening? I checked the building out for weeks beforehand and not a single soul ever came here. It is a derelict building so there's no chance that it's someone living in a neighbouring apartment, that happened out of town for a few months. If it is though he or she is going to be pissed that they're out of their home.

Still holding onto the handle, I lean forward and put my ear a little closer to the door. There's two sets of footsteps, although one of them has seemed to stop in a bid to let the other catch up.

They're getting closer now and I can start to make out their voices.

"Did you see that asshole by the coffee store?" A man asked in a deep, slurred voice that implied intoxication of some sort.

"No," Another man replied in the same slurred voice only a little hoarser than the other," Why what happened?"

"Fucker tried to pick a fight with me. Said I stole his wallet!"

"That's fucked up," The other said as the two of them reached the top of the stairs," Did you steal his wallet?"

The two of the walked down the hallway as I brace myself behind the door for whatever happens next. But they stop at next door.

"Of course. How do you think I scored?" The man laughed.

"I thought you were giving out blowjobs again," The other laughed.

"Fuck you Rudy."

I was wrong. It's not very often I'll say that but I mustn't have checked this place as thoroughly as I should have. How could I not have known a place like this would attract junkies? It's like the Taj Mahal for crackheads.

While they're in there shooting up or freebasing, I can slip out undetected and make for the fire escape. Problem is I have to pass their room to get to it and I never heard a door close.

A few seconds goes by before I make my move. With a little caution I open the door as silently and slowly as I can. I then step outside and plant my back to the wall before proceeding to move down to the next room.

I take a quick look in and see that they've already wasted no time in their bid to get high. The smaller yet older of the two, was already sprawled out on the floor while the other was just injecting himself.

As he pumps himself with heroin his eyes start closing over. I use this to my advantage and quickly move to the opposite side of the door before he reopens them. They are now none of my concern, I've wasted far too much time on them, so I rush to the end of the hall without trying to conceal the noise and climb out the window to the fire escape.

After making my way down into the alley, I take a look around and make sure no more unexpected guests are waiting to give me a farewell party.

No one seems to be here. That's good. I slowly and calmly walk out of the alleyway and up the busy street. The NYPD speed past in their squad cars with the sirens blaring as they rush to the scene of the now dead Senator Bryson. The people I'm walking amongst notice the squad cars speeding past but turn their heads as quick as they looked. They don't care. But they will care when they see who got murdered in the news tonight. Then when they find out he was paedophile, they decide that they no longer care and he can rot in hell. Makes me glad I'm not a human.

Technically I am a homosapien, in the physical sense that is. But in order to be a human you have to have a conscience. You have to have emotions. Feelings. Empathy. I have none of those and in my younger years that made me feel like an outsider, a social outcast but when I got older I embraced it for what it was. A gift.

All those emotions get you tangled up in a web of conflictions. Same with conscience. Honestly do you think I could have just done that on Bryson if I was a man with a conscience? No chance I would've just shot him in the head and saved him the pain if I did.

I do have codes though, that some people could misconstrue as an offshoot to some kind of conscience or moral structure. That would be the wrong assumption on their part, not that anyone would ever get the opportunity to discover my codes. I'm far too detached from the requirement of opening up to people and if I did it would compromise everything that I've ever worked for.

I finally reach my car, that was parked at the far end of the street. I open the door and toss the case containg my gun underneath the seat. I look at my watch and see that it's 3 pm. That gives me enough time to go home,get a shower and head out to work.

Let me guess you're thinking, work? Isn't he an assassin? My answer to that is: people can have two jobs can't they? Even if one's legal and the other's highly illegal. Although, to be fair, this is merely a job of convenience to make it seem like my income is legit otherwise I wouldn't be doing it. If the Tax man ever gets a sniff that I'm unemployed yet still paying the outrageous rent for my apartment, then I'm pretty much fucked.

So I have to get a job and it seems that working at a hardware store is low key enough for me. Nobody bothers me and I don't bother them. I just do my job and get out in time for the next assignment to come through. Which sometimes takes months so I have to pass the time shooting at pigeons. Which reminds me; I need baking soda and some raisins. That'll teach them not to shit on my balcony again.
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Arc Angel - The assassins story Empty Re: Arc Angel - The assassins story

Post by MATTYGUY Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 16:15

loved it alright
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 16:34

Also loved it alright
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 17:55

Cheers alright
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 17:56

but i loved it more alright
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 15:52

Chapter 1- part 2

Working in a legit job feels like such a chore and in reality it does have the same principals. I have to stack the shelves to make the store look more presentable and orderly to customers; I have to take out the trash to make the house seem more presentable and tidy to visitors. Difference is this store gets a lot of customers and my apartment gets no visitors. Thankfully.

Today I'm shelf stacking a lot of paint and I'm taking my time in doing it otherwise I'd have to do some other trivial task if I finished too quickly. Not to sound my own horn but I could have it all done rather quickly if I wanted but I just don't think it would be in the boss' best interest if he tried to make me do anything I didn't want to.

"Michael," A voice calls down from the top of the aisle.

I ignore it. I already know who it is and I really don't think I can stand another conversation about the life span of a goldfish. Or whatever it is he's trying to explain to me today.

"Mikey," He called again as he walked down the aisle until he was a few feet away from me.

It was Moe Simmons. A teenager they hired a few months ago that has a knack for smoking his own weight in marajuana.

"Hey Moe," I said unsincerely to the large, gangly stoner that was standing beside me,"What's up?"

"Nothing much man just got in about two minutes ago," He said with a glazed look in his eyes, no doubt from smoking a joint on the way in.

"You on the floor tonight?" I asked in the hope that he wasn't.

"Yeah I'm just over there," He pointed to the opposite side of the aisle.

Fantastic Collins. Thank you very much for not only hiring this guy but ruining my peaceful nights. Thanks a bunch.

But it's not that I hate Moe or anything, it's just he talks far too much about stuff that I really don't need to hear. If he was quieter and didn't sing Bob Marley songs at the top of his lungs then maybe I'd give it a second thought on bashing him over the head with a shovel. Then again talking to him does make me seem more normal and less suspicious, so I guess I could live with that.

"Wait here Mikey I just got to roll a cage round.Be back in a bit," He told me as if I was going to run off when his back was turned, like some child in preschool.

I continued on with what I was doing and before long he was back.

"Blue moon, I saw you standing alone," He was singing to himself as he trailed a cage of imulsion behind him.

"Here's me thinking those dreads forbidded you from singing anything other than Bob Marley."

"Mikey you have to switch it up every once in a while,"He said as he stopped at the shelves directly behind me,"You can't do the same shit or people will catch on. You got to be fresh."

This is the only thing he's ever said that rings true to me probably because I can relate to it in a strange, sadistic way. Fresh. I am fresh. In the sense that everytime I kill someone I use a different method of execution. I think that justifies as fresh.

"You have no idea," I mutter to him.

"Anyway, you hear about that Senator Bryson dude?"

Most people that just killed a person and was later asked about it in conversation would clam up and be a little nervous. Not me.

"Yeah Short guy, bald head, got a bit of a sweat problem. I think I've heard of him," I replied sarcastically.

"Ha ha but did you hear about today?" He asked as he prepared to spill the beans on everything he heard off the radio from the way over.

"Uh yeah it was 27 degrees and there was a traffic jam in manhattan."

"You're a fucking asshole," He laughed," But serious yo; Bryson got picked off outside that library he was doing a speech at. Someone shot him right in the fucking neck, blood everywhere man."

Lucky my back was facing him otherwise he'd see the smile crossing my face. I think I'll amuse him for a little longer.

"Did they find out who done it?" I asked in joking tone that Moe was too stupid to catch onto.

"No they ain't got a clue but some experts are meant to be visiting the scene soon," He told me as he slowly lifted a tin of imulsion and put it on the shelf," But that's not the half of it bro. They finally found out that the old fart was child molester."

I raise my head slightly. Finally? He says it like he already knew.

"A child molester?" I said surprised but not at knowing that. At knowing how Moe knew about it.

"Yeah he was a kiddie fucker. Some dude apparently gave this reporter a package with all these pics of Bryson at it with some kids. Digusting, right?"

"Yeah, disgusting,"I said before turning around to look at him,"You said finally though. Like you knew about it beforehand?"

"Well there's this website online, top secret agenda.com, and they had blog up about all these politicians that are known peadophiles but keep it hidden from the public," He explained to me as a few customers walked passed,"They've got everyone on it from George Bush Snr. all the way down to Senator Bryson. You'd be surprised how many politicians are into that stuff."

Not really. I know a lot about these people and I'm not in the least bit surprised that some conspiracy site would have a blog about it. Maybe I should join one, I could give them enough info to salivate to for years.

"You would be surprised," I said as if I was new to this information,"I never liked him anyway."

"He had a lot of enemies,guess this one just had the balls to do something."

You know what? My respect for Moe has just went up 10 points. He's actually capable of a conversation without any stupid questions or theories.

"On a brighter note dude; I had this thought last night about creating a time machine," As soon he said that I drifted off into my own thoughts.

He's just went down 25 points. That's minus 239 altogether. He keeps going like this and he'll eventually reach my father, my real father that is.

"You get up to much last night then?" He asked.

"I just sat around,waiting on a delivery," With a sniper rifle and a lifetime of patience.

"Lucky you, my address is blacklisted in most pizza joints," He said, assuming I meant food," Come to think of it it's blacklisted in most chinese joints too. Weird."

Yes, weird. How one person can get blacklisted from most takeouts within his vicinity is beyond me. Then again, knowing him he probably tried to pay for his food in magic beans or whatever it was he was calling magic beans.

My attention strays from the conversation and I look up the aisle as Moe keeps yapping on about something or other. A man and woman are walking through with their two children, it kind of reminds me of my family. My foster family.

I was raised by an English couple named Alistair and Edith Summers. They found me in an orphanage when I was 8 years old, I'd been living there most of my life. Despite already having two kids, David and Emily, they were kind enough to take me in and raise me as one of their own. I didn't mind them, they are very good people and if I could ever feel love for anybody on this planet it would be for them. Especially my sister, she helped me out with a lot of things and must have had the patience of a saint to deal with me.

My sister the saint, her brother the sinner. It was a wonder how we even got on back in those days or how we still do. My brother David too, I'm surprised he still calls me and actually wants to talk.

"Mikey," Moe called, snapping me out of my day dream.

"What is it?"

"You taking your break or you okay working?" He asked even though he knew the answer.

"Sure," I said as I walked off with him following close behind me.

The cool, peaceful breeze of air that you only find on a summers eve, hits me gently in the face as I leave the store for a smoke break. You could almost find it relaxing if it weren't for the near by traffic.

This place is out in one of the more remote parts of New York. Places like this are a rare find in this city; even more after the gangs and criminals took over. It's been about 6 years since that occured and not once has the government ever tried to help out which leads to suspicion amongst people that they may or may not have a hand in it. Either way I get to do what I enjoy most so it's a win, win situation.

"You want a light?" Moe asked as he seen me twirling a cigarette through my fingers and staring off into space again.

"Thanks," I replied as he handed it to me.

I lit up my cigarette and handed it back to him, so he can spark up the stubbed out spliff that was in his breast pocket.

"You smoke a lot of that stuff don't you?" I asked as I tried to keep up the small talk.

Moe took a few hits before answering," I'm in love with Mary Jane. She's my main thing ha ha. You heard that song?"

"Can't say I have," I tell him as I watch the smoke blow out of his nostrils.

There must be something wrong with this man, mentally. Like his mother got punched in the stomach when she was pregnant with him... only thing I can think of that would cause him to be as stupid as he is.

"You ever smoke?" He asked me.

I take a draw of my cigarette and hold it up to him.

"You know what I mean. You ever smoke green?"

"I tried it in high school,among other things," Other things being Diazepam to help calm my nerves for whenever I went out on a hunt. I don't need them now though; steady as a rock.

"Like teenage experimentation, right? I know lots of people that did it back then. Most of them still do to..."

I'm shutting of again. Staring back out into space. Thinking that I'm somewhere else other than here. Somewhere, where there isn't a white, want to be rastafarian babbling on in my ear about marijuana. The breeze helps me to do that, it's alluring me.

Looking over to the otherside of the entrance I see a few of the other workers out taking their breaks too. Quite a tight knit unit to be honest. I see those same five people everyday I'm here, all huddled together like a football team. That girl with them, the one with the blonde hair, keeps looking at me though.

Her suggestive looks are among the many things I happen notice about her. She likes to watch me when she thinks I'm not looking and whenever I look back, she goes red and looks away,twirling her fingers through her long, blonde hair. Just like high school all over again.

All the girls in my class wanted to date me, I guess they had a thing for mysterious soon to be killers. In the end they hated me though, most likely because I chose to have sex with Mrs Hamilton than with one of them.

"Hey she's looking at you again bro," Moe tells me as if he's reading my mind.

"Who is?" I ask ignorantly.

"Beth is. She keeps looking over at you," He smirks as he stubs out his joint," I think you're in there."

"I guess so," But do I want to be?

The last thing I need is a girlfriend. At least not when my spare time is being used to track criminals and kill them.

My phone starts vibrating in my pocket but not the phone I like to make social calls with. The phone that tells me my next assignment.

"Hello," I answer to make it seem casual to the people walking by.

"Dirty time on sticks," He tells me in the code that is always used for our conversations.

Can't see why he uses it though. It's not like the cops are going to be tracing me back to anything; I'm clean. But still caution is a must.

"Dirty time on sticks," He repeats.

"Lockpick," I respond before he hangs up.

Dirty time on sticks. The package for my next assignment is waiting on 39 and 6th. It feels like Christmas time whenever he calls. Can't wait to see what my present is.
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 16:02

brillant alright
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 16:04

Thanks matt Smile
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 16:05

It's amazing
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 16:07

Cheers Lowri glad you guys like it
    Flying Man!
    Flying Man!
    Company Chairman Josh

Post by Flying Man! Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 16:48

Amsome-O Very Happy Arc Angel - The assassins story 449888
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 22:44

Thanks Josh Very Happy
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Wed 17 Feb 2010 - 18:36

Chapter 2

Friedrich Nietzsche once said that if you stare into the abyss long enough the abyss stares back at you. But what if you were the abyss and the thing staring at you is the hollow, empty shell of what was meant to be a human being. A creature devoid of all emotion and purpose. A vessel of pure, unmitigated evil. Makes me think; if Satan were real I'd probably be his son. Or him.

As far back as I can remember I've been staring at that person. As far as I can remember he too has been staring back at me with unblinking eyes. Dead, unblinking eyes.

Okay, I'm done staring into a mirror. Self reflection time is over and getting myself ready is on. Lets just hope I don't appear too eager.

Tonight is going to be a good night. I've got another hunt and it's a lot more different than I'd anticipated. But I like different. It's challenging.

After getting my clothes and boots on, I grab my keys off the coffee table and grab the bag with my tools in it before I leave the apartment. The elevator seems to be out of service, so I have to go the old fashioned way and slug it down a flight of stairs. I pass a few people on the way down, a few hellos were given but nothing meaningful. Not to me.

Quickly after reaching the bottom of the stairs, I walk out to the carpark and get in my car. I check everythings in order before I drive off and straight to my target.

Salvador 'the saw' Almeida, a drug dealer from The Bronx. His nickname derives from the choice of weapon he uses on his victims. He runs quite a lucrative business and makes some serious cash now that he's taken over the Crack/Cocaine business that used to be headed by 'Big' Jonny Santoro.

He was a piece of work alright. Lucky enough for him a rival drug cartel placed a bomb under his car otherwise I would have had to intervene at some stage. Seems that Almeida might have inherited those same problems that lead to his predecessors demise.

As I said, it is different. My targets aren't usually stuck in a drug war that's been going on for several years and most of them aren't surrounded by gun toting drug addicts... well some of them are but not this many of them. The files I received stated that he'll be at least surrounded by 7 or 8 guys. All because he's paranoid that he'll get whacked any day now. His suspicion is right.

I could use this for my advantage however. Rival gangs fighting one and other, Rival gang leader gets killed, said leaders gang calls for revenge and in the end there's plenty of dead gang members. Makes my job easier not having to take them all out single handed and it might make the streets a little cleaner until some other piece of coal comes along, claiming that he's a diamond.

I stop at a red light, with a dozen cars waiting behind me. I take out the packet of chewing gum from my glove box and throw a few into my mouth. I'm trying to stop smoking; it's a bad addiction and I've only got room for one of those in my life.

The green light flashes back on and I continue my journey.

The man who gives me these assignments, the shadow man as I like to call him, always gets a significant amount of information that helps me far too much. Don't get me wrong it saves me the bother of going out and getting it myself sometimes but there's just something about how he always gets this stuff that makes me feel uneasy. Like the police records that happen to come with most packages.

Could he be a police officer? Who knows, he might be. But if he was then why would he be helping an assassin kill these people, rather than use the information he's collected to bust them? Maybe he's grown weary of the dreadful justice system and thinks this would be the appropriate punishment. Then there's the thought that always enters my head, where he's playing me in a game of entrapment.

Have you seen how the cops would sometimes pose as drug dealers or prostitutes in a bid to snag an unsuspecting customer? Maybe he's planning that with me on a grander type of scale.

Just waiting until my kill count is enough to get me the chair. Although, with the amount of dead left in my wake, they'd have to create a new death penalty to give me the right send off. Like feeding me to an alligator.

There's an even bigger chance that he's not a police officer. He could be someone just like me. A lost cause. An angel of death. Hmph might actually be okay to have someone to relate to in this world, could make me understand myself a little better. Two mes wouldn't be good for business though, so I'd probably have to kill him in the end.

For now I'll just amuse the Shadow Man, keep him thinking I'm on his side until I figure out what his motives truely are. They must be big if he can manage to keep hidden from me for so long. Okay enough thinking about our 'employer' Michael, think about the task at hand. Almeida.

He's being chaperoned everywhere by his crew, you know the gun toting drug addicts I spoke of. So to get to him, I'm going to have to get through them and in doing so, would give him a chance to get away. If I wasn't so picky about repeating myself, I would've brought my rifle and blew his head off. That'd take care of him without wasting anytime on henchmen.

Okay, I'm just a block away from his house now. I can walk it from here. Nothing says incriminating more than having your car parked outside the victims house. This is the better option.

I pull up to the side of the road and stop the engine. Unzipping my tool bag, I reach inside to check that everything I might need has been packed: A pistol, duct tape, hunting knife, surgical knife, surgical saw, meat cleaver, machete is in the truck, so are the trash bags and the rope. What else is there... Oh yes, my tranquilizers. That should be all I suppose.

I put on my leather gloves and the black jacket that was laying on the back seat. Then I reach into the bag and choose what I might need. I think the silenced pistol and hunting knife might be a good option. It's going to have to be a stealth mission if he's holed up in his house with his crew surrounding him, so these will do just fine.

Carefully, I conceal the weapons by putting the pistol and the knife in the waistline of my jeans. Having sorted that out I zip the bag up and leave the car.

Walking through the neighbourhood I can see the legacy of Santoro and his protege Almeida. These people aren't even human beings anymore. These people used to be full of life and aspiration, probably had good jobs and made a nice living too but as I know far too well, when an addiction gets too much to control, it consumes you. Every sweat, every cell, every organ screams out for it's next hit and you can do nothing but comply to its whim. I've learned to control mine, barely, but these people are weak, they have no way of doing so and thus have to live a life that is governed by chemical dependency. Tragic but true.

From what I've read too, the addictions have been forced on them. Almeida and his crew give out free beatings to anyone that doesn't want buy into their narcotics. They once put a 14 year old in intensive care because he was refused to sell their drugs at his school. They caught up with him and beat him with lead pipes, leaving him in a pool of his own blood and tears. He developed epilepsy after those attacks and died after taking a fit in gym class one day. All because he didn't push their product. At least he put up more of a resistance than the adults around here.

My phone starts ringing.

"Hello," I answer as I walk down the street.

"Hi Michael," A familiar voice squeeks down the phone.

"Emily," Great time to get a call from your sister isn't it," Nice to hear from you."

"You too," She responds in that cheery tone that I still can't get used to," So hows things?"

"Not too bad just on a walk at the moment," I tell her as I stroll down the street.

"A walk? What are you up to? You never go on walks."

"Thought I might need to clear my head," Somethings wrong, this is the fourth time shes called me in two days.

"I see," She says as she tries to follow up with something," Listen, I need to ask you something."

"I thought there was a catch."

"What you think I can't just phone my brother without there being an alterior motive?"

"You've been phoning me the past few days, more than usual, so you must be after something," I truthfully told her. I know her far too well for that.

"Okay fine," She sighed in defeat," This is embarassing okay. But dads birthday is coming up and I don't know what to get him.."

"And you called me because?"

"Your a guy and you'd know what to get him," Luckily shes over the phone or else She'd have those puppy dog eyes used against me.

"Davids a guy too," I responded as I walked past a group of homeless.

"Yeah but he's such a jock and you and dad are like uber geeks," She said, laughing at her frank assessment.

"Me and Dad are a lot different than you'd think," He's a physician and I'm a murderer being one example.

"C'mon you got to help me," She begged,"Please?"

I stop across the road from Almeidas home. His front door looks like it's had it's lock broken. Rival gang? I'll have to investigate.

"Michael," Emily calls from the other end.

"Sure I'll help," I tell her as I start to get impatient," Call me later when I'm in the house and we'll talk about it."

"Okay sure," She happily said," Speak to you soon Mike."

"Later sis," I say half heartedly as she puts the phone down.

Casually, I walk across to the other side of the street. Going in through the front door will definately put a big red target on my back so I have to go the opposite way. Their should be a door or a window open out in the alley behind his home. Looking around I see that no one is watching me so I make my move.

The alley is absolutely filthy, there's rubbish spread out every where and bins tipped over. Just as I thought there is a window open but it's 2nd floor. I'm going to have shimmy up that drainpipe and jump across from that.

I grab hold of it and pull myself up with ease. This is the reason I like staying fit, doing things like this would be such a burden if I weren't. The windows just across from me now, so I let go with one arm and reach over to grab onto the ledge. After getting a tight hold of it, I let go of the drainpipe and use both hands to pull myself up and through the window. Easy.

It feels eerie in this house. Something feels wrong. It's too quiet, I can't hear anything but a music video playing from the tv downstairs. Usually that would mean someones watching it but with that door wide open to the world and I'm not convinced. Somethings went down. Creeping very softly and silently I make my way downstairs. The front door's just in front of me so I close it to make sure no unexpected guests will barge on in.

Turning my head I see a little something that sparks up my assumptions. Blood. There's a blood trail leading into the living area. I take out my knife and hold it with the blade facing up to the outside of my arm. Walking in I find a bloody discovery thats unexplainable within itself.

Almeida and his entire crew have been killed. But not by a gang; this was done by a pro. 7 men, including Almeida,all dead.

3 of them were killed by gunshot wounds to the head. Clean shots that seem to have passed through, judging by the markings on the wall. 2 were killed with 2 shots to the chest each and dragged in here, hence the blood trail. Almeida and the other man were killed with neat stab wounds to the aorta.

Huh, guess I didn't need to do this after all. Someone did the job for me. I'm disappointed, yes, but I can make up for this some other time when- wait a minute. What's that?

There's something in Almeidas hand. A piece of paper. Looks like it was put there after he died, there's no sign of it being grasped onto.

I pry it out of his dead hand and open it up. It looks like a message.

'It is always nice to play on a Summers day'

A Summers day. The emphasis is on Summers.

He knows me... he knows I was coming here...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 17 Feb 2010 - 18:41

Brilliant alright
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Wed 17 Feb 2010 - 18:42

brillant alright

like the end twist
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 0:45

Cheers, I was thinking about throwing one in to spice it up a bit lol
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 0:46

I was thinking there'd be one soon alright
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 1:06

Yeah you always need one for a story

Last edited by Jason on Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 1:07; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 1:06

I was expecting a trap
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 1:09

I was actually thinking about doing that beforehand but changed my mind at the last minute
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 19:10

Chapter 2 - part 2

Tonight didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to. I was expecting to get my job done and be out of there in time to get a decent nights sleep. Instead, I find that my hunt's already dead and that someone has purposely beat me to it. How do I know that they done it on purpose? You only need to read the letter that was left in the hand of Almeida to figure that one out.

'It is always nice to play on a Summers day'

No one has ever dared to challenge me. Not in this line of work. I should be worried, knowing that someone out there knows my secret but the truth is; I'm not. In fact I find this quite compelling. The idea of me, the hunter, now being the hunted. It's thrilling to say the least.

At the moment all I've got on this person is that they know my name and they know that I don't just stack shelves for a living. But I get this feeling that they know me. Not just the late night assassin, but me. Michael Summers. It's possible that it could be someone I know but the only people I really talk to is my family and it's very doubtful that one of them would do this.

Of course I can't rule out that someone in work may have caught on to me. Maybe one of them tailed me home one night and found out this brutal secret of mine. But then I would have to have given them a reason to tail me in the first place, wouldn't I?

No, the more I think about it, the more I know that it's not someone out of work. It can't be. None of them has the capability to be a professional killer, you only need to look at Moe Simmons to notice that.

I guess the Shadow Man will be able to give me some answers.

After bailing from Almeidas house and making my way back round to my car, I immediately called the Shadow Man. He's the one who gave me the job and if anyone can give me answers about what's going on then he can.

Over the years I've noticed that not much slips past him without an investigation. He even sent me a package before because he got a 'hunch'. Thankfully his hunch was correct or else I'd have the blood of an innocent on my hands.

As I was saying; After getting back to my car, I called the Shadow Man and demanded a meeting over this whole situation. Of course, in true Shadow Man fashion, there had to be a code for an emergency meet. One that I had forgotten due to never having to use it. Funny that, I can remember every single time that I've killed someone and every single time that I've talked to someone but I can't for the life of me remember a code written down on a piece of paper.

Doesn't matter anyway, he gave me a free pass this time, probably because I've been such a good employee. I've to meet him at the docks in about... 20 minutes. I have enough time, the docks are only 10 minutes from here.

I keep driving toward my destination, keeping my eye on the rearview mirror to make sure I'm not being followed. I'm not being paranoid but it isn't a risk I'm willing to take, having someone tail me. I'm far too much of a veteran to let that ever happen to me.

As I reach the docks, I see that there is a few people standing around a nearby boat. It Can't be the Shadow Man, it seems too out in the open for him to arrange a meeting. Quickly I shut off the engine and watch them from the darkness off my car. For a while I watch them closely and eventually make out that they're nothing but frat boys and college girls.

They must have winded up here in a drunken stupor because this place is more for business and less for leisure. Someone starts shouting from the inside of the boat, sounds more like he's ordering though, so they all pile into it and take off.

Great, gives me a chance to take a look around now without having to deal with a bunch of drunken idiots. So I get out of my car and walk down to the spot that the teenagers where previously occupying. Apart from beer bottles and plastic cups littered everywhere nothing else was really out of place.

But there is one thing that catches my attention. The moonlight.

It's so calm and peaceful, it reminds me of something. Something that I haven't thought of in a long, long time.

I was a child and I think I was living in a cabin out in the woods somewhere. There was this woman with me, she might have been my mother. She was a very beautiful woman from what I can recall. She had long, poker straight blonde hair and her face was full of all these the emotions that I could never quite comprehend. It was like Adoration, compassion, happiness and love all rolled into one.

She had these specific traits like everytime she looked at me she was smiling and not in the way that most people do, you know the 'I'm smiling but deep down I hate you' kind of way. She actually genuine about it, as if she was proud of me in some way. Hmph if only she could see me now.

What I do remember the most though, is the warmth of her chest and the subtle beating of her heart as she held me close to her. Whenever I think about it I get this sense of peace and calm, along with her gentle words telling me that everything's going to be okay. Unfortunately you were wrong, Mom.

"Michael Summers?" A voice asked from behind me.

I turned around to see a small, pudgy man standing directly behind me. He was around 5 foot 4 and over 200 lbs. He was wearing a black suit and large glasses that looked like they had been cut out from the bottom of milk bottles. There is no way this person could be the Shadow Man.

"Michael Summers?" He asked again in his nasally tone.

"Yes that's me,"I said calmly without trying to laugh at what he looked like,"You're not my employer are you?"

"No,"He replied sharply as I eyeballed him,"He didn't want his identity compromised by being here so he thought it a good idea to send me."

"That wasn't the deal," I told him sternly,"He's the only one who can give me answers about what happened tonight. Not some run around."

"I assure you that this 'run around' is more than capable to answer your questions regarding the mysterious demise of Salvador Almeida."

"Okay well tell me how someone found out about this job?"

"Mr Summers I believe that would be down to your own inadequacies," He told me in a sly tone,"We are a rather small unit of people and the chances of us letting something slip is very small."

Someone thinks he's getting brave.

"So you think I let something slip? If you think that after 10 years of this that I would make a rookie mistake like that then you and your boss clearly don't know who you've hired."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you made a mistake,"He said cautiously as he moved further toward me,"I just assumed that seeing as we didn't, well, you might have."

"Well I didn't,"I told him as his timid nature became apparent,"I know I didn't slip up but whoever it was that did this left a letter for me."

"A letter?" He inquired as I pulled the letter out of my coat pocket and handed it to him.

He stood and read it for a while, longer than necessary seeing as it's only 10 words. Must be those mammoth glasses causing this.

"I see," He said to himself," Well to be perfectly honest Mr Summers; I don't have the faintest idea about this."

"Great. That makes two of us."

"I'm sure you have assumed that this person knows you, am I correct?"

"Yes."

"Maybe it is someone you have harmed in the past, back to get their revenge. Or something as cliched as that."

"I'm too off the grid to have any enemies," I tell him with all sincerity.

"We'll look into this,"He told me as he pulled out one of those familiar packages from the inside of his jacket.

He handed it to me and stuffed the letter into his coat pocket.

"The boss will want to see this," He said as he took off his glasses and cleaned them,"You get on to that and don't worry about this person. We'll handle it from here."

"Who says I'm worried?" And who says I won't want to handle it?

"Yeah I bet your not. Listen I have to go but if there is any trouble with this assignment, don't hesitate to call."

"If it means I'll see you again then I won't bother."

With that he walked off and disappeared into the night and so did I.

After finally getting back to my apartment, I feel that something strange is happening or has already happened. I open the door slowly and enter.

I throw down the assignment files on the coffee table and take a look around. Everything seems normal, nothing different about the living area. Or the kitchen. Or my bedroom. It's all the same as it was when I left it so why am I getting this notion that something has occured here? Maybe I am paranoid.

I grab a bottled water from the fridge and sit down to read my assignment but something on the mantle catches my eye. I should have noticed it before but somehow I didn't.

It's a picture. I take it down of the mantle and look at it. It's me when I was a child, standing beside two other kids in a playground. There's a message on the back of it...

'He was union when the workers
    First began to organise,
    And I'm glad that old St Peter
    Keeps the gate of Paradise'

St Peters orphanage is where my parents, Alastair and Edith found me...
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 19:11

Nice!
    Well done!!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst