Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+2
MATTYGUY
Killuminati
6 posters

Arc Angel - The assassins story

ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Arc Angel - The assassins story - Page 2 Empty Re: Arc Angel - The assassins story

Post by ItsAGibbo Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 19:37

Coolio!!!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Arc Angel - The assassins story - Page 2 Empty Re: Arc Angel - The assassins story

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 19:41

Looking forward Very Happy
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 20:05

Chapter 3

You would think that with someone following me and leaving messages for me to find, I would be going a little bit crazy trying to find them. Wrong. Instead I've managed to somehow get roped into shopping for my fathers birthday present; with my sister no less. This is going to be one long day.

She called me the night I found the picture. Whenever I told her that night to call me when I get back to the house, I didn't think she would take it quite so literally. It's as if she was watching me... maybe she's the person that's been on my mind so much.

I can see it now. My sister; the deadly little red haired pixie with the skills of a trained assassin. Wishful thinking on my part? Maybe. But I wouldn't mind it if she was this person, it was give us a lot more to talk about on trips like these other than her undying love for shoes.

"Would he like this?" She asked me as she pointed to a large gold watch.

"If he has a Dr Dre album and a low rider in the garage then maybe,"I joked.

"Ha ha you're funny," She said sarcastically as she stuck her tongue out at me,"Well I can't see anything in here that he'd like. What about you?"

"No I can't see anything interesting," I say to her as I look around the store," Plus I'm not so sure that dad's the jewellery type."

She frowned and walked out of the store with me closely behind. I'll never get this obsession with consumerism. I'm the type of person that likes to be in the know of what's going on in the world. Someone who likes to know what makes everything tick. Not someone who sits idly by, watching their brand new plasma screen broadcast a hundred different channels that keeps you from learning the things that matter.

"Have you even been listening to me?" Emily says angrily as she stands with her arms crossed.

"Sorry I got a little distracted there."

"You've been distracted all day,"She sighs as we walk on down the street,"Something wrong?"

Would having your darkest secret being found out by a killer that's stalking you, qualify as what's wrong? Would having him know you lived in an orphanage be what's wrong?

"Not really. It's just something stupid, you wouldn't want to hear it."

And she wouldn't. She never actually knew that I was adopted. She was only 3 when Alastair and Edith took me in so she was too young to remember any different. They never told her about it because she always looked up to me and treated me as if I was genuinely her brother. Plus she's not exactly emotionally stable either. She could take something as trivial as my adoption and turn it into the starving of third world countries.

I suppose my parents kept it a secret for her sake and I didn't really object to it. It was just another in the long line of secrets that I like to keep hidden.

"You sure?" She asked with with an unsure look on her face.

"Positive."

We walked further down the street and entered a book store. It's not a large store but it certainly has a lot of literature in it. The dimness of the light makes me feel right at home and the messiness of all the books laying around adds to the homely feel.

If we are looking for a perfect present for my fathers birthday, then this is the place. Although there is a chance he may actually have most of the books in here.

Emily stood at the doors, staring all around her with a puzzled look on her face.

"Have you never seen a bookstore before?" I ask.

"Well, yeah but I've never seen this many books scattered since..."

"Since?"

"Since the last time I was in dads study,"She said as she walked toward a huge stack of books that were on a table in the center of the room.

"Hence why we're here then,"I tell her with my eyes scanning the bookshelves for anything remotely in line with Alastairs interests.

Spending a half an hour in there seemed like an eternity, I'm glad we ready to leave. The dimness, as welcoming as it seemed to me, eventually started to agitate me. At least I picked up something that could be seen as a present, a book by Carl Sagan called Pale Blue Dot: A vision of the human future in space. Of course my sister thought that it was a measley present for someones birthday so we're back out and looking for something else now.

After leaving the book store, she dragged me into a few, actually several, clothes stores before we finaly called it a day on it and went for something to eat.

I really don't like shopping with my sister. She asked me to come and help her pick something but ignores whatever I suggest and buys him clothes that look like they came straight from the 1950's. Puzzling to say the least.

"So is that everything for today then?" I asked hopefully as we ate lunch.

"Yep," She smiled back," Dad'll love his new outfit."

"I'm sure he will," He won't, believe me.

"Well it was better than some geeky book,"She chuckled.

"As you said; Me and dad are uber geeks."

"You so are," She laughed," And the both of you are terrible shopping buddies."

"There would be a reason for that,"I told her.

"And what would that be?" She asked as she siped her coffee.

"Because we're men,"Albeit two very different type of men,"And shopping isn't exactly top of my priorities at the moment."

What is top of mine is finding out who my little follower is. Come to think of it, I have to speed this up and go St. Peters. There's a reason why he mentioned it so I need to get there and get some answers.

"Ahh I see what's going on," She grins," You've got a girlfriend haven't you?"

"You honestly think a guy working in a hardware store can get a girlfriend?" It's true. A hardware store isn't exactly the type of place to pick up women. Not unless you're in to soccer moms.

"Aww you're being too hard on yourself. Plenty of girls would go for a guy like you."

What, the type of guy who would rather spend his nights killing people than going out on random dates with random women?

"In fact," She continues on before I could answer," I know someone who I think you might really like."

"No your not setting me up with one of your friends Emily. Not after last time."

"What do you mean 'after last time'? Claire was really nice."

"Claire was crazy, okay."

She was very crazy.

"You're just too picky that's all," She said with a little truth.

"Yeah I'm picky about girls who go through my stuff and tell me they love me after the first date," I tell her honestly.

"Claire didn't do that?!" She gasped as if it was some piece of hot gossip.

"She did,"I tell her again,"Anyway I don't try to set you up with people so just leave it at that, alright?"

"Argh," She moaned," Your going to be a bachelor for a long time, you know that."

Just the way I want it to be. Me, alone, no distractions keeping me from doing my job. Sounds like a good enough life to me.

"Sounds good to me."

"Well it doesn't to me,"She sighed," You know I do aim to spoil my future nieces and nephews so you better hurry up."

Wow, trust Emily to be thinking ahead. Kids. That's a puzzle piece that will never fit into the jigsaw of my life. With good reason to. Most parents play catch with their children, what could I do? Teach them where all the main arteries are and how to sever them? I think I'll give parenthood a pass.

"Why don't you get David and his partner to adopt then?"

"Yes but then I won't really be an auntie,"She sighed again.

If only you knew the truth about me Emily, you'd probably think the same.

I take a look at my watch, it's coming up to 1 o'clock. I'm going to have to leave.

"Listen I'm going to have to go Emily," I tell her as I finish the rest of my coffee.

"Why?" She says with disappointment.

"I've got work in about... 30 minutes. Sorry."

She gets off her chair and gives me a hug followed by a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Take care sis," I tell her before I leave the diner.

Finally. Fresh air. All that closeness and family talk has really taken the wind out of me. It's good to be out in the fresh air, by myself and with no one to talk to. Take it in Michael because you've got a job to do soon.
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 20:10

good, love the annoying sister stuff
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 20:10

Yep Nod
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 20:17

Yeah she is annoying isn't she lol Same with my sis laugh
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 20:54

Chapter 3 part 2

Back where it all started. St Peters orphanage. The place where the majority of my childhood memories come from. I can't say it was a good place to live; or a bad one. It was just something I had to adjust to with no say in the matter. I think that was the only time in my life that I haven't been entirely in control of my surroundings.

Doesn't look like it's changed much, not from the outside anyway. Those large, harrowing steel gates at the entrance are still firmly in place to keep the kids in. I remember I tried to escape and broke my arm by falling off them. If I had have fallen to the other side then maybe I could have ran for it but unfortunately I landed back into the orphanage where I was treated like I was terminally ill for a few weeks.

That was always my problem with living here. You were never left alone and people always kept their noses in your business.

I take a walk up the familiar steps and into the entrance of the building. From what I can tell the inside has changed about as much as the outside. Still that same old white coat of paint on the walls, still those same old oak chairs that visitors sit on as they wait for the person that runs the place to meet with them. Surprising how after the last 20 years that this place is still standing.

"Hey look! Someone's came to visit," A little girl shouts from down the hallway.

Her shouts ring out through the whole building and soon enough most of the children in the area gather round to see who this person is that just entered their home. Soon enough I'm surrounded by a horde of children.

"Are you here to take one of us home mister?" A young boy asks with a desperate look on his face.

"Yeah are you coming to take one of us home with you?" Another asks.

I can't even get a word in with them all talking over me.

"Okay children, settle down," An elderly female voice tells them," Give the man some room."

"Hey, my name's Michael Summers,"I tell her as the kids all watch on in some weird form of adoration.

"Nice to meet you Michael. I'm Dorothy Kimble,"She tells me in a frail voice," Is there anything I can help you with?"

I was hoping that I could talk to someone in here without having all this attention directed toward me. Didn't count on the kids being so needy. But then again it is an orphanage.

"Yeah, I was just in the neighbourhood and decided to call in and see how things were,"I say to her as she looks on with a strict look," You see I used to live here when I was a kid and I thought I could visit for the sake of nostalgia."

"Hmm I can remember every child that came through here,"She says with an unconvinced tone,"But I can't remember a Michael Summers."

"Summers is my adopted name,"I explain to her," Truth is I can't remember what my real name was. I was pretty young when my parents took me in."

"I see," She says with a distinctive whistle on the s,"Okay children back to what you were doing. I would like to speak to our guest here."

"Awww," They all let out in unison before they all leave to return to whatever it was they were doing before I interrupted them.

"Come in here please,"She says to me as she opens a door on the right hand side of the hallway.

I remember being in this room like it was yesterday. It used to be whenever a kid was behaving badly they'd put them in here to listen to some silly little talk about behaviour. I heard that talk so many times that I could recite it right now and douse any fires of doubt in this womans head.

"So Mr Summers,"She says as she sits down on a chair that was behind the large oak table,"Why was it you said you came back here?"

"Nostalgia,"Not really. I've never had the urge to revisit this place,"I found a picture the other day and it brought some memories back. I think I have it on me."

More like it was presented to me. I take it out of my coat pocket and hand it to her, the picture facing upward so she doesn't see the little message on the back.

"My god,"She says in shock," I do remember you."

But I can't seem to remember you.

"I would never have recognised you. You've gotten so big since then!"

"Well it's been a long time. 20 years if I remember correctly."

"My word, time flies. I remember that you were always the one in trouble,"She reminisces," All the care workers used to call you the devil child. Affectionately, of course."

They're not far wrong. I guess my troubled childhood was a forewarning to the things that were destined to come.

"That sounds like me," I said with a fake smile.

"Yes but it seems like you've out grown that faze,"She smiled blissfully unaware of what I did grown into during my adolescence.

"Thankfully," I tell her with a quick smirk.

"I suppose you don't really remember me, do you?" She asks in the hope that I might.

"No, I can't say I do."

"Well I was the very first person you met when you came here," She told me with a smile on her face,"I actually helped get you out of the police car when you were being disruptive!"

Police car? Why would child that young be brought to an orphanage in a police car?

I was always told that my biological father left me here. Something about him not being able to cope but this throws all that out the window. Makes me ask myself, why would Alastair and Edith hide this from me?

"Police car?" I ask as she realises what she just let slip.

"Oh I'm sorry, my big mouth. It was nothing, just some minor mishap,"She told me unconvincingly.

"Kids at that age don't end up in a police car for nothing,"I say to her as a lightbulb in my head tells me that something's not right.

"I really shouldn't say," She told as she looked out the window to her right," It's not any my business and it was so long ago, I couldn't possibly remember it."

"Try to," I don't like the feel of this," Please."

She looked at me for a moment, contemplating whether or not she should tell me this piece of information that has eluded me for most of my life. Or rather one that I have seemed to have forgotten for most of my life.

"Okay," She sighed, finally admitting to defeat," I can't really recall it that well, but I think you were around 4 or 5 when they brought you here. You were supposedly involved in a high profile police case."

"High profile?" I ask silently as she gets up off her seat and walks up to the side of me.

"Yes, and I'm really sorry Michael but that's all I know. The police never told any of us what it was you were involved in."

A high profile police case? I don't know what it could be but something in my gut is telling me that 'high profile' is an underestimation. Dorothy knows more than she's letting on. That look is more than just pity for a troubled orphan. It's pity for someone who's had something terrible happen to them.

"I'm not supposed to do this but if you would like, I could dig up your file," She says sympathetically,"There might be something in there that could help you understand this."

"Sure. That would be great," It wouldn't be but this has grabbed my attention.

"Wait here a minute," Dorothy tells me as she shuffles out the door and leaves me alone in the cold, silence of the room that used to feel so welcoming.

My minds in overdrive over this revelation. Is this why my follower led me here? Is this person trying to taunt me with their vast knowledge of my long forgotten past? This is bigger than I thought it would be.

This person is pushing me, trying to see if my composure can be broken. Now, I may not have control over the social aspects in my life but when it comes to myself; I'm always in control. I like to keep the darkness inside of me at bay, sleeping under a comfortable blanket of code structures and rules. Never will I let it out to consume me and never will I let some stalker do the same. It's far too dangerous and I think my stalker knows this.

There is this unshakable feeling that I'm getting. One that's telling me that those memories are not forgotten, just buried underneath the surface and calling for someone to come dig them up. Lucky enough for them, a person has answered the call, much to my own dismay.

After 30 minutes of waiting in my own, blissful silence, Dorothy Kimble arrives back with my file in her hand. At least I assume that it's my file.

"Sorry it took me so long," She said as she shut the door behind her," Records from 20 years ago aren't exactly easy to find!"

"I'm sure they're not," I say to her," But thank you."

"Your welcome," She smiles as she hands the records over.

I open them up and flick through the pages, so quickly that any other person wouldn't get a word out of it. But then again I'm no normal person. Nothing that I can really connect dots from as to what this police case might be.

"Not see anything helpful?" Dorothy asked with a wrinkled, sympathetic smile on her face.

"Nothing,"I respond back unenthusiastically.

Well I did find out my real name. Michael Roberts. I think Summers has a better ring to it, Roberts sounds pretty dull. It says here father: unknown. Yet another plothole in the story I was fed by my Adoptive parents. Confronting them about it may give me some answers, so I'll have to make a mental note on that. My mother, Susanne Roberts, is deceased.

Wait... I can remember. I remember my mother. I remember her gentle smile, her beautiful face, the comfort of her chest as she held me close... the warmth of her blood as it spilled all over the floor as I was playing. Her loving eyes looked so cold, so lifeless. I thought she was just sleeping, I tried my best to wake her up but she wouldn't. I was so... so scared.

Why am I seeing this? Is this the buried memories finally rising from their graves? I can't stay here, I have to get out. I need some fresh air.

"Listen, thank you for everything Dorothy but I really have to go," I tell her in a rush.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked with concern.

"No I forgot that I had work soon, like really soon."

I rush out the door before she can even respond. Quickly I make my way out of the building and get into my car, all the while my infant screams ring throughout my head.

"Mommy" I keep hearing it. It won't stop. It's getting louder.

"Mommy" Stop it.

"Mommy" Shut up.

"Mommy" SHUT UP!

"Mommy's been a bad girl Junior" No, not him. I don't want to hear him.

"Ha ha ha ha" Why are you laughing? You killed my mother!
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 21:00

Shocked

but great
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 21:00

A great chapter. Interesting twist
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 21:02

Shocked Well done! alright
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 21:03

Thanks Very Happy
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 19:29

Chapter 4

For the first time in years, I've went an entire week without sleep. Every time I shut my eyes my mothers screams ring throughout my head, followed by her killers maniacal laughter. This shouldn't really be affecting me considering that my dreams, and most of my life, are made up of criminals meeting their end in the bloodiest way possible. But seeing my mother in that way is bringing up a lot of uncomfortable feelings that I'd rather not experience. A sense of loss being one of them.

I've never really been that attached to anyone so that feeling would be nonexistent in my life. Even if a member of my 'family' were to die, I doubt mourning would be anything more than an outside appearance. That may sound cruel or inhumane but it's me we're talking about, the man who likes to make sport out of unsuspecting criminals with a wide of array of weapons at his disposal. Speaking of which I have work tonight... after I finish my day job that is.

Feels so long since my last job. The last one that I completed without interference. Back then I was safe in the knowledge that it was just me, with the Shadow Man acting as an adviser of some sort. But now I know that I'm not alone as there's another predator out there, watching, waiting for the perfect chance to steal my prey from under my nose. I'm prepared for him this time and if he's as good an assassin as I think he is then he'll know that too. That would cause him to try harder in hiding himself, which would raise the chances of a mistake, which would ultimately lead to the persons death. That won't happen before I get some answers though.

My day job is as dull as usual today. Stacking shelves, pulling out cages, stacking shelves, pulling out more cages and stacking shelves again. If it didn't conflict with my interests then I seriously consider quitting this job. Although there is one upside today; Moe Simmons isn't working.

He's got a stomach virus and won't be in for the rest of the week. Nature has really done me a favour this time. Finally I can get some peace in this place.

"Hi," Or maybe not.

It's Beth. The girl that seems to be so fond of me. We've talked a few times before but most times it's no more than a 'hey' or 'hows it going' so maybe this is just a flying visit.

"Hey," I say, trying to act politely,"Hows it going?"

"I'm okay," She beamed," You?"

"I'm good," Apart from mental images of my dead mother projecting through my brain.

She pulls up a cage of garden tools and starts to stack them up on the shelves opposite mine.

"So you're filling in for Moe today, huh?" I ask, trying to keep up small talk.

"Yeah, well Collins phoned me and asked if I wanted to do an extra shift,"She explained to me," And I need the extra cash so here I am."

She doesn't sound like she wants to be here. Neither do I for that matter.

"Collins has a habit of doing that,"I tell her," That's why my phone turns off after I leave work."

She laughs softly," I wish I could do that! But I can't live without my phone."

She's a typical example of material reliance. I'll admit, phones are handy but I'm sure I can get along just fine in my life without one.

"By the way I think I saw you the other day," She said to me, catching me a little off guard.

"You did?" I asked her as I turned around to look at her.

What did she see me doing? I can't remember seeing her anywhere in the past few days.

"Yeah, you were going into a diner with some girl,"She said with a little jealousy in her face.

"Ah, yes,"I said with relief," My, uh, sister dragged me along on some birthday present expedition for my dad. What a fun day that was."

Spending an eternity shopping with my sister and then another with my hidden past. Very fun day indeed.

"Oh, sorry," She blushed, probably due to her embarassing assumption," I thought she was your girlfriend."

"Now that would be weird," I replied.

She laughed again but I'm barely paying any attention at this point. My mind is focused on my next target. A man named Barry Castle. The file given to me by Shadow Mans roly poly henchman states that 3 women have completely vanished after coming in contact with Castle and no, he isn't a magician, he's a dangerous man with a track record of beating up young women that are repulsed by his advances. Rightly so, I've seen the man and how he lives. I broke into his house last night and took a look around only to find out that the house looks like it's used as a secondary garbage dump for whenever the citys main one overflows.

Having a house like that is a health hazard. With all the garbage and rubbish laying everywhere, there's a large chance that you could accidently fall and hurt yourself. Yes, 'accidently'.

"So, do you have a girlfriend?" She quizzed, probably in the hope that I will say no.

If I say no, that may leave me subjected to a barrage of questions on what type of girls I go for. Just like high school. Or, I could lie and tell her I do and watch her hopes wash away in a look of disappointment. Fortunately for her, I'm not really in the mood to do the latter.

"No, I don't," I say with my back to her as I try to avoid whatever emotion is over coming her face.

"Really?" She said in surprise.

"Yes, really,"I told her with a little fake amusement in my voice over her reaction,"Why?"

"Oh, nothing,"She responded with a shy look as I watched her,"I just thought you might have one that's all."

Me and girlfriends don't go together very well. All that emotion, neediness and the constant idea that you have to share your feelings is something that I've never wanted. I mean, sure, I've been with plenty of women but the best thing was that it only lasted a night with them, so there was no emotional baggage left to pick up in the morning. Sounds shallow but it's how I prefer things.

"I'm a ladies man alright. The love it when I tell them about the set prices on step ladders," I reply sarcastically which she laughs at again.

"I'm sure they do,"She smiled.

There's something about Beth. That smile, that long blonde hair, that look of adoration. She looks like her. My mother. Oh god, don't tell me that any blonde haired girl with a pretty smile is going to remind me of my mother. Having her in my head 24-7 is enough.

"What about you? You got a boyfriend?" I ask her, knowing that I shouldn't because she probably won't stop talking.

"Umm, no,"She responds sadly,"I haven't really had much luck with men over the years."

She didn't go on like I thought she would. Although the question is, should I ask her more about it and risk her jabbering on for minutes on end? Or should I reassure her and tell her to keep her chin up? Or I could tell her she'll never find another man again? So many choices, so many different outcomes.

"Why's that?" I ask her.

"Well, the last three guys I've dated have either been jerks, junkies or psychos,"She sighed," Or, in the case of my last boyfriend, all 3."

Why am I even talking to her about this?

"I'm sure it'll pick up,"I assure her," I mean not all men are jerks, psychos or junkies."

"I know but after Barry I really just don't think I can risk it."

Barry? Could she mean Barry Castle? It's a far out guess but never the less it's still a strange coincidence.

"Barry?" I ask with interest.

"Yeah, he's my ex,"She explained," The one that's all 3 of the things I mentioned."

Fits Castles M.O.

"I had to get a restraining order against him,"She continued,"Kept following me home and stuff. Really creepy."

It is him. I never thought anything of it when I read it but there was a restraining order put out against him by a Bethany Greene. What a strange coincidence indeed.

"That is creepy," I tell her,"At least now with the restraining order you won't get any bother from him."

"I wish,"She sighs," He still does it sometimes, only not as often."

Looks like I've got another way to catch this slob. Every time I staked out his house or broke in, he was never there. Now I know why.

"Can you excuse me for a second,"I say to her," I have to go to the bathroom."

"Sure no problem,"She responds as I walk off.

I take a detour from my supposed trip to the bathroom and head to Collins' office. Looks like he's still in there. I might need a distraction to get rid of him.

"Hello is this D.I.Y Daves?" I ask with a faux English accent as he picks up the phone.

"Yes, I'm Simon Collins, the store manager. How can I help you?"

"I'd like to make a complaint about how the stock is set out in your store,"I tell him with a little anger," It would seem that as I lifted one of your products, another fell off and hit me right in the head. I've had a migraine all day you know!"

"Okay I'm very sorry to hear that,"He said unsincerely,"Can you tell me which aisle this happened on sir?"

"Yes the aisle with all the spanners and hammers and stuff."

"Hmm okay well do you wish to go any further with this?"

"I might do but I wish to hear an apology from the person that made such an error in judgement."

"I'm not sure if that's possible-"

"I could've been seriously harmed sir,"I say to interrupt him.

"Okay well can you hold please?" He says.

"Yes." I respond as I see him leave the office.

Quickly, I sneak in and start rummaging through the files on his computer. There should be one on employee records. Nope not in here. Or here. Or- Is that porn? Never mind, there's the records. Now where is Bethany Greene? I keep scrolling down, looking out the window occasionally to make sure no one is coming. Bingo, there's her address.

I jot down her address on a piece of paper and close all the active windows on the computer before leaving the room hastily.

Now I know where my hunt is going to be...
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 19:34

i loved it, keep it coming alright
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 19:42

Same here
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 20:03

Loved it!!! Well done!!!
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 20:13

Chapter 4 - part 2

I can smell it. The sweetest of aroma of all; the scent of death. Nothing on earth can match its beauty, yet nothing can match it's ugliness.

Although it's been familiar smell throughout my life, I never tire of it. To me it is the euphoria, the nirvana that some people have been searching for all their life.

Hmph ironic isn't it; the greatest feeling in life is merely just a setting for an upcoming death. Whether there is or isn't a greater force out there, something definately has a sense of humour to add that little gem into the world.

I light up a cigarette and take a few draws of it. If my hunch serves me right then Barry Castle is going to be here tonight. If not, he'll be here tomorrow night and if not then, the day after that. He's not escaping me and I'll be damned if someone else takes him out before I do.

That reminds me, my little friend may be out there in the shadows. Watching me. Waiting for me. I'm doing the same, I'm waiting for him too. I expect to find another one of his clues and if I'm really lucky, I could find a trace of evidence that he might leave behind. But that is the key word there: might.

Another coincidence that I've noticed; Bethany Greene has a stalker. One that I plan on stalking and killing. I have a stalker too. One that I plan on finding, stalking and killing before he decides to kill me. Swings in round abouts huh?

I look in my rearview mirror, no ones walking around behind me. Just a few cars driving down the road, which will soon enough pass me. Out in front is the same, just the aforementioned cars driving past and the silence of a usually busy street. Beths flat is just across the road. The light is still on so it's safe to say that she's still up.

That might lure her ex boyfriend here. I know how these obsessive people work, I've dealt with a few of them before. Knowing that she's awake might give him the hope that he'll catch a quick glance of her. In trying to to do so, he'll make himself a little bit more obvious than he'd want to.

I stub out my cigarette and throw it out the car window. So much for trying to quit.

Those sleepless nights feel like they're catching up on me. I'll probably fall asleep any minute now if I don't keep myself focused. But if I do fall asleep, I bet I'll wake up after a minute or two. Not even sleep can stop me from doing my job.

I've been putting puzzle pieces together ever since my visit to St. Peters. Why did my stalker lead me there? Was it because he wanted to flaunt the fact that I was adopted? Or was it because he knew that I would come across the information about my mother? If so then what connection does he have to my mother? All these questions yet no solid answers. I'll find a way to get them though, I always do.

Like how I always find a way to get my targets. But sometimes, in the case of Mr Castle here, they walk right out in front of me.

It's definately him, the attributes fit the bill: Black shoulder length hair, around 6 foot 3, built like a brick shit house. He's also got a distinctive nose, one that looks like it's been broken in over a dozen fights. Sitting here for now would be the best option because getting out and chasing him up the street won't be good for business. I'll have to be real discreet about this.

He's about 20 yards away from my car. I can't get out or he'll catch on and make a run for it. So for now I'll have to lay back and watch his movements. Which shouldn't be too hard seeing as all he's doing is sitting on that wall, drinking, while he's watching Beths window. He bought a six pack so I assume he plans on being here for a while.

Taking a look up at Beths window, I see her looking out at him; in disgust no less. He's staring back with a strange, twisted looking grin on his face. The two of them seem to be staring each other down but Beth looks like she's about to call his bluff by lifting what looks like a phone, as if she's about to call the police. That's the last thing I need here. Cops.

Barry just stares on, sipping his beer calmly as if he's unaffected by her attempts to get rid of him. Don't worry Beth, he'll be gone soon enough. All I'm looking for is one opening and then I've got him.

While he's drinking more and more alcohol, his bladder is going to fill right up and soon enough he'll need to urinate. And he won't do that out in the street, so he'll have to go somewhere secluded. That could be my chance, all I need to be sure of is that Beth won't be looking out her window when I follow him.

She looks out at him for several more minutes but eventually gives up and pulls over her drapes. She shouldn't be any trouble from now on. I continue to watch Barry, hoping that he might make it easy and eventually he does. He sets down the beer he was holding and grabs on to his crotch. Just like I thought, he needs to go to the bathroom. He makes a short paced run toward an alleyway that was just a few feet away from him. Game time.

I grab the Tranq gun I brought with me and conceal it in my waistline. Quickly I get out of the car and follow after him, keeping my eye up at Beths window to make sure she's not looking. I'm at the end of the alleyway now and I can hear him just down from me. Taking the gun out from my waistline, I sneak down behind him.

He's blissfully whistling away as I come up behind him and pull the trigger, sending a tranq dart into his neck. He turns and gives me a dazed look before he collapses onto the urine stained ground. Sleeping safe and sound, I leave him there for a moment so I can get my car.

I pull up and reverse into the alley, popping the trunk on the way in. Even though he's still asleep, I tie him up with rope and cover his mouth with duct tape. Then I lock him in the trunk and drive off. Easy as pie.

Although driving patiently, I make it back to Castles house in quick time. No one in the street seems to be up at this time, That makes this easier. I pull Barrys unconscious body out of my car and carry him into the house. As soon as I enter, I almost trip on the junk that's scattered all over the sitting area. I set Barry down on the sofa and start working on my plans.

After a few trips back and forth from my car, I finally finish so I drive it to the bottom of the street and make my way back.

"Ugh... what the fuck?!!" Barry exclaims as I run smelling salts under his nose.

I sit back and watch as he flails himself around wildly.

"I wouldn't struggle. That chair isn't the most sturdy of things," I say to him as his eyes fix on me sitting back on the sofa.

"Who the fuck are you?!! What have you done to me?!!" He quizzes angrily.

"I told you, don't struggle," I tell him as I get off the seat and walk towards him,"That rope may break your fall but it'll also break your neck."

His eyes widen.

"Now tell me Barry... I can call you Barry right?"

"Fuck you!" He spits back at me.

"Fine,"I say while I wipe his spit of my forehead,"Have it your way, Mr Castle."

Slowly I move around him, watching as his feet struggle to stay on the chair.

"Do you happen to know a girl named Dana Carter?" I ask him.

"Yeah, so what if I did?" He growled.

"I asked do you know a girl named Dana Carter, not did you know a girl named Dana Carter,"I tell him as I continue to walk around him,"What about Georgia Campbell and Sylvia Danson? Do you know them?"

"Yes,"He said as he still struggled,"They were fucking whores!"

"There you go again,"I tell him with a smile on my face," Speaking in the past tense."

"They went missing that's why,"He says with a strained smile spreading across his red face," Hopefully they're dead."

He's not good at lying.

"You're not very good at lying Castle,"I say to him,"I could teach you a thing or two. You see I've been lying all my life and not once has anyone ever caught me out. Want to know why?"

He shakes his head, signalling no.

"I'm careful,"I tell him ,"I don't like to present myself with predicaments in which I have to lie my way out of. For instance if I had any friends and one of them were to call me right now and ask what I was doing. What would I say? That I'm killing someone? No, I would tell them that I'm watching T.v or something. But because I don't have any friends then the predicament of them phoning me while I'm doing this will never occur. If you had've decided not to present yourself with such predicaments then you wouldn't have left any evidence that would implicate your hand in a trio of murders."

Now he's starting to panic. My lie of knowing that he left evidence behind is starting to scare him.

"I didn't leave anything behind!"He whimpered,"I was clean.. I knew what I was doing!"

"You didn't leave anything behind,"I smile," But thank you for sharing that with me."

"You son of a bitch!"He shouted.

"I told you that I've been lying all my life. What made you think I would stop now?"

"Look man,"He says as the fear starts to kick in,"It was an accident. I didn't mean to kill them. It just happened."

"Tripping over your own shoelaces and falling down a flight of stairs can be considered an accident,"I tell him,"Running over a puppy when you didn't see it jump in front of your car can be considered an accident. But killing 3 girls, at 3 seperate times, is either really bad luck or you're a murderer."

"Fine I murdered them,"He said as he finally gave in.

"That's all I wanted to hear," I told him before kicking the chair out from under him.

He crashed down fast and started to swing around wildly as the noose tightended around his neck. I stare deep in to his eyes as I see the life slowly leave them. His movements are becoming slower now, so has his breathing. With one last look, a look of despair, he dies.

I breathe in. I inhale the wonderful scent, that I'm oh so fond of...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 20:17

Excellent
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 20:50

agree
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 21:00

i loved that
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 10:34

Brilliant!
    Arc Angel - The assassins story - Page 2 449888
    Arc Angel - The assassins story - Page 2 858104
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 20:59

Chapter 5

Grief: the one feeling that binds the human race in a state of hypocrisy. No matter how terrible a person was during their living years, they'll be considered as some form of saint when they pass on. It's rather disgusting if you ask me.

You see this hypocrisy on the news mostly or in the papers; 'my son was a great child. He wouldn't harm a fly' or 'my son kept to himself and didn't get into any sort of trouble.' Bullshit. Chances are that when your son was out the way, he was knee deep in all kinds of trouble whether it be serious or just playful banter taken the wrong way. Point is: no one is perfect in life so death shouldn't be the exception.

No more than a week ago, Beth greene was explaining to me that her ex boyfriend was a psychotic junkie who liked to follow her home. The tone of her voice when she told me this was a rather hateful one but that seems to be all but forgotten now. Now she's playing the part of the mourning woman. One who always felt love for her ex, no matter what kind of drama he put her through. As I said: hypocrisy.

They found Barrys body a day after his time of death. Apparently it was suicide but, well, that's not exactly what happened. What happened is only known between me and Barry. Oh, and the Shadow Man too.

His funeral was a few days after and it did have a good turn-out, so to speak. The mother and one of the six brothers were the only people there. Not even the mourning girlfriend showed up. What a fitting end for a murderer. That's probably how my funeral will be. Barely anybody there and those that are, are condemning me to the depths of hell for the actions I've taken in my life.

"Yo mikey," Moe says to me as he walks down the aisle I'm working on.

"Hey Moe, glad to see you're okay," Not really.

"Thanks man," He said as he stopped to talk to me," To tell you the truth, I'm glad too. But then again it did get me off work!"

"Yeah," and it gave me a few peaceful days,"I could do with a few days out of here too."

"So I take it your working with me tonight?" I ask unhopefully.

"Naw bro," He says to my delight," I have to fill in for Gregg. He's taken the night off. Fucking asshole."

"What a shame. Here's me looking to catch up on more of your crazy theories."

The sarcasm is obvious but he's too wasted to even notice it.

"Yeah, some other time bro,"He tells me with a little sadness,"However you do have Beth working with you tonight."

"So?"

"So, you might be able to get in there man,"He tells me with a grin on his face.

"You do know she's mourning over her ex boyfriend, don't you?"

"Hell yeah," He tells me," Look, she's going to be vulnerable. You could give her a little shoulder to cry on. You know tend to her needs then soon enough she'll tend to yours. Trust me it works."

"You're depraved you know that," I tell him as he laughs it off.

"Yeah people tell me that a lot,"He sighs," That's probably why my dates comprise of a box of tissues and a hustler mag."

Please, someone save me from this torment!

"Hi Moe," Beth says solemnlyas she walks down the aisle," Hi Michael."

"Hey Beth,"He says as he looks over at me with a grin.

"Feeling better now?" She says as she barely tries to crack a smile.

"Yeah I'm great thanks,"He beamed," How are you?"

"Okay I guess," She says glumly.

An awkward silence falls for a moment before Moe decides he has to leave.

"I got to get going now," He says awkwardly," You know work and all that. See you guys later. Oh, and remember Mikey; you need to do some tending."

He sniggers as he walks off, leaving me and Beth baffled by his words. She doesn't know what he means but I do. I'm just confused as to why he would think that I'm as disgusting as him.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Beth asked me.

"You really do not want to know."

Comfortably we worked in silence for the next hour. Well it was comfortable enough for me. It gave me enough time to think about this problem I have concerning my stalker. The one problem that I haven't even come close to solving. Quite pitiful really. If it weren't for the whole dead mother situation then I probably would have found a way to get to this person by now. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. Everytime I try to concentrate on something, she's there. Only time she isn't is when I'm killing someone.

So for now, thanks to my idiotic psyche, I have to keep my investigation on the back burner. No more hunting, just me sitting back and waiting on a trace of evidence appearing in his or hers wake. It's not the ideal situation but what else can I do for now?

Before long my break came and I was straight out the door as quick as a flash. As I light up my cigarette and take a draw, I notice that there's an odd feeling in the air tonight. Can't quite put my finger on what it is but it doesn't feel good. Doesn't feel too bad either. Maybe mother nature is warning me of an event that's about to happen. One that could either shape or destroy whoever's involved in it.

"Michael,"Beth said behind me as I snap out of my train of thought.

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?" She said nervously as she stared off into the car park.

"Sure,"I tell her without even thinking about it, something I never do.

"Do you think I might to blame for Barrys death?" Her eyes looked like they were filled with pain and anguish as she asked me this.

"No, not at all,"But you did help me find him," What makes you ask?"

"Nothing it's just that I was thinking that if I hadn't have pushed him away so much then maybe he wouldn't have killed himself,"She sighed.

"Wasn't there a reason why you pushed him away in the first place?" Like him stalking you for instance?

"There was but I can't help but feel I handled it all wrong,"She told me as she leaned against the wall.

"You didn't handle anything wrong," I assured her,"You did what most people would have done in that situation."

"Yeah but I should have known a restraining order would tip him over the edge," She said as she flicked the ash of the tip of her cigarette.

If your talking about the man who murdered three innocent girls then it's safe to see he was tipped over a long time ago.

"You can't blame yourself over this,"I tell her as she looked at me with teary eyes,"You made those decisions long before this ever happened. I mean even if what happened between you and him was why he killed himself, your still not to blame because you never done it to hurt him. You done it to protect yourself."

Wait... why am I doing this? Am I unwittingly being a shoulder to cry on, just like Moe said?

"Maybe,"She pondered," I'm being an idiot. I'm so sorry for hassling you with my problems. You probably don't even want to hear them."

"No it's okay,"I tell her with honesty," We all have to let things out somehow."

Maybe that's it. Maybe that's how I can stop the gruesome images of my dead mother and bring back the better ones. I just have to let it all out. But how?

"Well thank you for listening,"She says with a smile that clears up most of the sadness in her face.

"Your welcome,"I tell her as I flick away my cigarette.

After finishing my break, I went back inside and got straight back into my work. Before long I was finished and it was time to go home. Going out to the parking, I could sense that the strange vibe from earlier was still in the air. I wonder what it could mean? I watch on as all the other workers get into their cars and drive off, with only a few staying behind to work night shift.

"See you later Mikey,"Moe called from his car window as he drove past.

"See you,"I call back.

I waved over at Beths car as she drove past. She waved back at me and smiled as she drove off. Time for me to get home now.

My car's alway parked in the furthest part of the car park, so I can avoid anybody who wants to make idle chat with me on the way out. Getting closer to it, I can see that there's something on my windscreen. A parking ticket? I doubt it. My stalker? I'm sure of it.

I pull it off and take a look at it.

'BEHIND YOU'

Oh shi-
    MATTYGUY
    MATTYGUY
    Lord of Random
    Lord of Random

Post by MATTYGUY Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 21:04

i loved it alright
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 21:08

Loved it. Great ending
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 22:10

"Behind you!" Twisted Evil Wink

Very good, Jason. Loving it. Smile
    Killuminati
    Killuminati
    Company Man
    Company Man

Post by Killuminati Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 0:55

Glad you guys liked it Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024 - 10:36