Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+3
Wayward Daughter
MATTYGUY
Enochian
7 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 29 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 19 Jun 2011 - 15:52

Nam had spent the last few days searching for any information she could find about these Immortals, but it'd been in vain. She couldn't find a thing. As Circh had mentioned, his family and their allies had cleared the city of the knowledge, just for this. She timidly asked some people, vaguely, but she didn't dare say the actual name to them.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 19 Jun 2011 - 23:10

He had landed next to small wooden hut, he didn't bother checking if anyone was about; Seria wasn't one for many visitors. He walked up to the door and gently pushed it open. Seria was sitting in the corner, knitting what appeared to be a scarf but which was now getting close to 7 metres long.

You came. I knew you'd come soon.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 19 Jun 2011 - 23:30

( Surprised )
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 19 Jun 2011 - 23:53

You've felt it too then? The change in the air. Luke asked as he walked forward in the small one room home.
    Of course, chakra's of all living beings have been on high alert. Even the other mortals have noticed something's wrong. The constant butterflies in the stomach is a good indicator. the world will never be the same again after All the Evil.
    What's 'All the Evil'?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 18:58

Wayward Daughter wrote:What have you already seen? Hope asked interestedly, thinking maybe she could go world-exploring too one day. If the threat of this war didn't make it impossible.

Bailey realed off a whole load of place names that I can totally be bothered to make up, unable to hide the excitement in her tone We met Dandri not far outside of Makabi she finished.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 19:52

(Where's Makabi?)
    (And should they recognise Dandri as another Elementa?)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 18:19

Wayward Daughter wrote:Nam had spent the last few days searching for any information she could find about these Immortals, but it'd been in vain. She couldn't find a thing. As Circh had mentioned, his family and their allies had cleared the city of the knowledge, just for this. She timidly asked some people, vaguely, but she didn't dare say the actual name to them.

She grimaced even as she thought of it, knowing what she'd have to do. If there was any information surviving, any at all, it'd be in the enemy's hands. Circh knew little, she was certain of that, but there was a possibility there'd be some tiny amount, kept hidden deep in his family's homes. And she'd have to raid it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 17:15

She was in her room now, in the main house, waiting for her chance. It was almost midnight, and the rest were all sleeping. She could sense them. Since learning of her true nature, she'd grown stronger like that, more powerful, now that she had a glimpse of a purpose. She waited, listening intently, hearing the tower chimes as the night wore on. Her lips moved almost of their own accord as she chanted her spell to keep her absence secret, unnoticed, as she'd leave.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 18:18

Once her spell was finished, she returned to the centre of the room, took a deep breath. She had to do this.... she had to go, go learn who she truly was. She had to become that. In the blink of an eye, she'd focused herself, vanished in a split second, place shifting away. That too was getting easier, as she strengthened, every day. She arrived in the darkened grounds of a house, and although she'd never seen the place before, she knew she'd arrived where she'd intended, at the Dehrest family home.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 18:35

She looked around quickly to gain her bearings, then headed quietly for the nearest door, her heart beating a vivid tattoo in her neck as she moved. This was such a risk.... but one she had to take.

Notice me not, see me not, sense me not, she whispered, over and over, renewing her charms of secrecy. She wouldn't get caught.... she would succeed..... she had to believe it. Believe it, and make it true. She could feel her energy spilling into her work, binding it, and she knew it was strong. It would hold.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 19:26

Raising a hand, she undid the lock on a side door, and slid inside. The place was dark, shadowy, and her footsteps echoed. The corridor she'd found herself in seemed endless. Sensing motion coming, she hastily dove into a corner, but the man passed without noticing her. Either luck or her spell had succeeded, either way. She took another deep breath, and continued on.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 12:54

She wandered around for about half an hour, before finally admitting to herself that she was effectively lost, here. She hadn't accounted for the sheer size and complexity of the building.

What do I do? she whispered to herself, before an idea struck her. Wait.... guide me.

It took only a second for a new certainty to grip her, and she walked onwards more confidently. She stopped before a dark wooden doorway, gripped the handle, and pushed it open before entering.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 14:03

The second she'd entered, she was even more certain that she'd found the correct room. It was a vast library, spanning beyond her sight, echoing and empty. She walked forwards cautiously, trying to look in all directions at once. The information she sought was here..... somewhere here...... she had to find it. She'd almost found it. She let her guidance continue to lead her forwards, her fingers brushing against the millions of volumes, seeking.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 22:16

Her hand tightened around one volume, slipping it out of its place, beginning to search through it.

I suspected you'd come.

Immediately, she span around at the voice, dodging to the side in anticipation of an attack. But it didn't come. The elderly man just stood there, opposite her, facing her, doing nothing more than subtly blocking any exit.

You're the one who's hiding my former grandson, he nodded. The Erion. The Immortal.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 23:03

Surprised
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 23:15

How do you know about me? she demanded, forcing her voice not to quiver. The man chuckled.

No.... what do you know about me? Talk!

He smiled, fractionally, taking a step forwards. She had to force herself not to back away. She was stronger than him, wasn't she? She ought to be..... she was an Immortal. She existed to fight his kind. What did she fear?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 23:31

Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 23:37

Or what? the man asked, mockingly.

Or....

Then she hesitated. What, really, could she do? It was them, not her, who used the Power like that..... to threaten, to torture. What could she do, to get information from him? He was watching her gloatingly, almost as if he knew her thoughts.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 0:08

Sad
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 11:03

You see? There's nothing you can do, he gloated. But she shook her head.

No, there's just little I can do. Not completely nothing. But you, on the other hand.... you identified me as an Immortal. You have to know what that means. You're the one who can't do anything, against me. You can't do anything which could harm me, she bluffed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 17:46

The man hesitated, for just a fraction of a second, before retracting his hand. For a moment, she believed she'd won, but he merely threw his hand outwards, and a bolt flew from his palm, striking her directly. She was thrown hurtling backwards. Everything went black. But only for a second.

Slowly, she raised herself back to her feet, and smiled grimly at his disbelieving expression. She'd known that'd happen. She'd recognised the attack as the same one the assailants had used when trying to kill Circh.

See? Immortal. Like both of us said.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 13 Jul 2011 - 15:21

What do you want? he snarled.

Like I said. Information.

What information?

I need to know what exactly am I, what are my strengths, my weaknesses. And I know this is the only place in the city where that infomation survives. So tell me all you have.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 17 Jul 2011 - 14:35

He laughed sourly, his bitterness over not being able to do anything against her vivid. But his strongest attack had already failed.

What are you? An Immortal. That's all, that's it. And your strengths, your weaknesses? They're the same.

What do you mean? she demanded.

You can't die. It's a strength, but a weakness also. You've no idea how much my kind can hurt you through that. Well, that is, no idea - yet.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 19 Jul 2011 - 14:09

Yet? she questioned, her eyebrows narrowing. He nodded.

You will. Soon, I hope. You see, an Immortal can only die if he or she lets herself die.

And I'd never do that! Why would I? It'd just make it easier for you kind!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 22:39

His answering smile widened, mockingly. It nearly made her take a step back.

That's what you believe, for now, he replied. But I promise you, Immortal. A day will come when you will beg for that option.

She opened her mouth at once to deny this furiously, seeing red for a second. But before she could speak, he'd vanished, leaving only the mocking warning ringing through her mind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 8:48