Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+3
Wayward Daughter
MATTYGUY
Enochian
7 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 30 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 17:00

Hissing in frustration, she scanned the area carefully to ensure she was truly now alone, but she was. She turned back to the miles upon miles of dust-entombed volumes, barely visible in the gloom. It'd take a lifetime to search, she realised despondently. More than a lifetime. An eternity. And even though she apparently did theoretically have that time, in lifespan at least, she still couldn't spare it. She didn't stand a chance, here. Slowly, she turned away, and began making her exit.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 11:57

She walked slowly down the same corridors she'd passed through before, the silence ringing in her ears. Even her footfalls didn't seem to make any noise. It was nothing like her earlier journey, her earlier fear of being caught around every corner. For some surreal reason, she now felt almost untouchable. She let herself out, quietly, chose to walk the distance back to her home instead of place shifting. Again, none noticed her or paid her any attention on her way, or as she let herself back in. almost as if she'd ceased to exist.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 28 Jul 2011 - 15:42

She passed through the next few days as normal, acting as if she hadn't even left. Soon she'd began even almost forgetting what she'd learned. But that changed when, in a week, she went to visit Circh in the newest hiding place she'd arranged for him.

Did you find anything? he asked at once, almost impatient. She started.

Information? Not really.... or I was told something.... I don't know though, it might have been a lie... it probably was....

What was it?

He - the head of your old family, I think - he said that Immortals can only die if willing. And that, even though it seems impossible now, there'd certainly come a day when I'd be willing. He said it happened to every other one.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 23:23

That sounds crazy, though, Circh muttered, shaking his head. And I've never heard of anything like it. Really, he was probably trying to unnerve you.

Nam smiled faintly at that, nodding in acknowledgement, though she suspected that Circh was just saying this to try to comfort her. He didn't really have a clue.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 1 Aug 2011 - 15:37

It's a shame there wasn't anything that could help you, though, he continued, and suddenly Nam noticed the genuiness in his tone, and wondered why. Why would he really be sorry, and think it a shame? They were meant to be enemies. He was meant to be glad of anything that'd limit her, not sorry. But then, why was she hiding him? Why was she protecting him? She couldn't explain that, either.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Mon 1 Aug 2011 - 16:23

Enochian wrote:You've felt it too then? The change in the air. Luke asked as he walked forward in the small one room home.
    Of course, chakra's of all living beings have been on high alert. Even the other mortals have noticed something's wrong. The constant butterflies in the stomach is a good indicator. the world will never be the same again after All the Evil.
    What's 'All the Evil'?

She walked past Luke to the corner of the room to a small fire. She stared at it. Luke shifted uneasily, what was she doing, should he speak? He walked around the room inspected as he had many times the books filling the numerous bookshelves. They were from all around the world in almost every language you could imagine, even dead languages. But he knew he couldn't read them himself, they were all in brial.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 1 Aug 2011 - 16:45

Why should you care? she whispered, voicing those doubts. Why would you? You're on their side, not mine, you ought to be glad that I'm in the dark. You ought to regret even telling me what I am.

He was silent for a while, his expression doubtful. He didn't fully seem to comprehend her point.

Why not?

She sighed. Did he really see things that way? Could he? Was there a way to see things, apart from her black and white? But that was her family's way, her people's way. Wasn't it the only way?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 2 Aug 2011 - 17:09

You didn't answer me, Nam, he continued. What makes you think I wouldn't care - that I shouldn't? Where did that enemies line come from?

From you, she answered. You said yourself, that I'm an Immortal, and that being an Immortal would make me your enemy, and you mine.

Then.... why are you hiding me? Why did you protect me?

I..... don't even know....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 3 Aug 2011 - 11:31

Look, can you just drop this? he asked, then hesitated. I'm..... I'm just trying to say I'm sorry, here...

For what? she asked sharply, her alarm rising. But he just shook his head.

I can't really say.... just that I'm sorry, deeply sorry. I didn't think I would have been..... But there's been a plan, in operation for centuries, for the next time an Immortal rose..... they'll be acting upon it, soon. I didn't think I'd particularly care when the moment came, if it came in my lifetime....but....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 3 Aug 2011 - 15:53

But...? she questioned, hesitantly, for a second unsure if she'd want to hear the answer. Circh merely shook his head again.

What is the plan?

I can't say.....I don't know, he lied. I just.... I'm really, truly sorry, Nam.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 3 Aug 2011 - 15:55

She sighed, exasperated, but he wouldn't say anything more, even when she almost begged. She noticed that he was now almost regretting having said anything. So she reluctantly dropped the issue, said goodbye, left the building and made her way back to the main house.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 4 Aug 2011 - 10:47

As the evening wore on, she dispelled that strange conversation from her mind, forcing herself not to think of it. It was probably nothing. She had her own life and issues to focus on, and therefore she didn't recall it, til hours later. The family had sat down to eat, when a messenger arrived summoning Celesteaia to a High Council meeting.

Why? What has happened? she asked, as she got to her feet.

I'd rather not say.... it's an ill message, the messager replied.

But I have to know.

The man hesitated, and glanced sideways at Firen and Nam both still sitting there, before finally deciding to speak.

The Caratar family..... they were all found dead, murdered in their home, an hour ago, he explained reluctantly. The Caratar family had been another High House with its head on the Council. It's.... the worst, that has ever happened within the city, for certain. The meeting's been called to discuss what'll be done because of it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 4 Aug 2011 - 13:53

At those words, Celesteaia's naturally pale face faded further, but there was no sign of her shock or grief in her reaction or movements. She got to her feet rapidly, apologised to her daughters for having to leave. Throughout it all, Nam just sat there, shocked. An entire family, dead..... she couldn't believe it. She hadn't heard of anything of the like. Oherin was meant to be safe! And throughout it all, Circh's earlier condolence of a half-warning was echoing through her mind.... "I'm sorry, truly sorry, Nam...."..... had this been what he'd meant?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 13:48

That warning prevented her from relaxing all evening, keeping her on edge. She didn't know what she expecting. Another attack, possibly? One on her own family? Maybe that was their plan, to kill off all of the leading families, in a series of attacks. It'd leave the city in chaos. And so she found herself pacing relentlessly through her home, jumping and shielding herself at every small noise, until she finally snapped and realised she'd never find peace here, tonight. She offered to Firen that they both leave, go outside for a walk, and was insanely glad when her sister agreed to it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 21:03

Even after they'd left, her heart was hammering, and it was taking all of her self-control to feign calm. The warning was still echoing in her mind. What would happen? Would what she'd done be enough to save her and Firen? What if there was more? The hours wore on, and she could do nothing to silence these doubts. Nothing but wait.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 12:51

And that was what she did, all night. She ignored all suggestions of returning home, practically begging Firen to stay away, and although her sister didn't understand why, she did. It was dawn when they did go back. And when they did, she was immediately glad she'd heeded Circh. The place was rubble, desolate fires still dying away, and the air of destruction tastable. If they'd have been there, they'd have been nothing but corpses, now.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 15:51

( Shocked )
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 15:57

What happened? Firen asked, her tone shocked and her eyes wide and huge. Nam shook her head.

I don't know.... I mean, it's obviously been an attack, but...

An attack like the earlier one? On the Caratar family? she interrupted.

I think so....
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 15:59

Enochian wrote:
    Enochian wrote:You've felt it too then? The change in the air. Luke asked as he walked forward in the small one room home.
    Of course, chakra's of all living beings have been on high alert. Even the other mortals have noticed something's wrong. The constant butterflies in the stomach is a good indicator. the world will never be the same again after All the Evil.
    What's 'All the Evil'?

She walked past Luke to the corner of the room to a small fire. She stared at it. Luke shifted uneasily, what was she doing, should he speak? He walked around the room inspected as he had many times the books filling the numerous bookshelves. They were from all around the world in almost every language you could imagine, even dead languages. But he knew he couldn't read them himself, they were all in brial.

The woman put a small pot over the fire and within a few silent moments the contents began to boil. Whatever it was Luke didn't know, he had never smelt it before. She left the pot and walked over to Luke and stood in front of him. She looked into his eyes expectantly.
    Yes? Do you want me to do something or what?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 16:06

But you asked to leave.... she turned to face her sister directly, her green eyes deadly serious and still. Namarien, did you know of any of this?

Of course not! she lied, reflexively, immediately. How could I have?

You got us out.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 16:44

Don't you want to ask me?
    Luke began to get annoyed, Ask you what? I already asked you what All the Evil referred to but you ignored me!
    She shook her head in disbeilef, I didn't answer becasue I thought it was obvious! The world will fall into war and darkness and many being are going to die and you want me to waste my time answering stupid questions!Honestly Luke, you're smarter than this! The one who was good will rise and be a murderer of many. He will powers than have not been seen in this world for many millenia. We must be ready! She turned and walked away from him over to her boiling pot. She reached in with her bare hand and picked out a stone. Her hand was unblemised, all old scars and wrinkles gone from her ancient hands. She made a small hole through the stone and threaded a string through it. She walked back to Luke and offered it to him. Give it to our saviour, do not let any but them wear it. If you do this we might yet still have a chance of survival. Now begone! I have other work to do! She quickly ushered him out of the house and refused to answer any more of Luke's questions. Once outside Luke knew it was futile to try anymore with the woman and so took of and returned to Soloden.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 16:53

(*thinks he'll accidentally give it to the villain*)

You had to have known, she insisted. Don't try to tell me that was a coincidence, Nam. Don't lie to me.

Nam hesitated, the guilt gnawing at her with Firen's plea. But she knew that if she admitted Circh had known, he'd be interrogated and blamed and punished for all of this. And somehow, she couldn't let that happen. So she lied.

It was just..... some instinct. I don't know what it was, but I just felt that I really needed to get out, stay out, and I did, and now this...
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 17:04

(*Thinks that is a really good idea but not sure it could work with the SL*)

Luke flew all the way back to Soloden in 5 days, stopping only once for sleep. The entire way, all Luke could think about was who their hero would be. No one. There was no one in the world who was stand out powerful enough to him to bring down some evil force that was about to descend down upon them. It must be someone, some warlord he had never heard of. So what was he supposed to do?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 17:07

Firen sighed.

I'm sorry, Nam. I didn't think..... you must have the Foresight, that's all.

Nam nodded, trying to swallow down her new feelings of guilt and conflict. She still didn't understand why she was trying so hard to protect him. Did she really feel that his failure and explanations made her owe him so much?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 14:33

After having been running for well over a few days, the three set down to rest for a couple of hours. It was dark by now, but Dandri had no difficultly seeing where they were going. It was a few hours later when Dandri woke Goru up, shaking him anxiously. He put his hand over the other man's mouth, and led him a couple of metres away from Bailey before beginning to talk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 5:34