Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 19 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 22 Mar 2012 - 21:31

Hope was silent in the face of how certain she sounded, leaving Jy alone to her thoughts. She was so sure that her mother had stripped herself of her powers, that part she was unfailing in. The part she didn't understand was why. If it was as terrible as everyone seemed to think, what could have driven her? What had she been so afraid of?

Hope, is there something I should know about my family, these days? she began asking, her tone unsure now, almost frightened. Some sort of threat or danger?

Hope took so long to answer that Jy was beginning to think she would refuse.

Danger? It's so extreme that half had to feign their own deaths, she admitted in a whisper.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 18:27

Jy's thoughts immediately began spinning rapidly. Was that threat still present? Had the feigning failed? Were they in hiding, now? If that was true, then maybe her mother had chosen to hide by removing her magic..... if witchcraft was so innate for them, it could have been enough.

Do you think she could have done it to hide, then? she asked in a whisper. The question - the idea - visibly startled Hope.

It's possible.... I've never met Firen, only Nam, but I've heard that they're both half-human. Most half-witches are weak......
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 18:52

(Sad)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 21:35

So giving up her magic and hiding as a human could have been easier than fighting? Jy finished for her. Hope nodded. It sounded like it'd make sense, even if she didn't know the woman and didn't know if it was the sort of thing she'd consider or not.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 22:29

I guess it explains something, really, she added suddenly, the thought just striking her. Or it might.... even though my mother doesn't have any power of her own, I've heard people saying that some Seer once said that her bloodline was amongst the most powerful..... is that true?

Hope's face was a complete smirk as she answered.

You could say that... easily. The Erion, yeah they're powerful. In more than one way. You could even say they're the most powerful living, now.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 24 Mar 2012 - 23:29

Jy grinned at that. She wondered if it was wrong for her to feel proud of an ancestry she'd never learned of and family she'd barely met, wrong to be proud of a level of power which wasn't even hers. She'd been stripped of that right before she was even born. As she thought that, her smile fell. Had her mother even known that'd happen? Had she known that she wasn't only chosing for herself, but for her future children and all of their decendants, forever?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 17:19

After that, Jy had asked no more questions, and she seemed to have ceased her searching, too. The weeks and months passed by, and she didn't ask anything more of any of it. It seemed to have been mere curiosity. They still waited within the hidden city, deep within its walls, its protection. Sometimes Hope wondered what they were waiting for. Just until her son or daughter was due? What would they do then?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 16:12

She was 3 months into the pregnancy when Nam and Circh entered the city, having finally tracked the pair down following rumours and hearsay mostly. When she first entered, Nam was filled with talk of taking Oherin back. That talk quieted as soon as she'd laid eyes on Hope, but it was obvious that the question was delayed, not cancelled. The thought was practically burning the girl.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 22:14

Nam had changed, really, since she'd last met her, Hope mused. Changed drastically. She couldn't placed it, she couldn't put her finger on it, but it was noticeable - and she'd clam up completely if anyone came near to mentioning it. Just as she'd clam up whenever any of the insane rumours sprang up.... tales of her single-handedly annhiliating some monster, tales of her being some hero risen from the dead or send by some god or the power of goodness to save them all.... insanity.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 17:45

Sometimes, though, Hope wondered at that silence. Was it really just embarrassment at the rumours, as she'd initially assumed? Or could it be....? No. She shook her head. She couldn't even consider such irrationalities. It just made no sense.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 10:17

The months that had passed hadn't been the easiest, but both Goru and Bailey continued to focus on their future. Eventually, Bailey felt the contractions start and barely two hours later, they had a baby. Blonde and beautiful, she smiled up at her parents, eagerly. Bailey couldn't find words, but Goru didn't seem to think it was a challenge to name her

Cymahae, offered Goru. The baby didn't react, but Bailey looked up from her baby for the first time to throw her husband a confused look It's unique.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 11:11

(She's unique so make names up Wink )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 11:46

(Nod)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 13:29

She was sitting out on a small balcony outside her family house now, looking out at the view. Hearing footsteps, she turned and smiled at Jy, approaching. Strange how she was already regarding the girl as her niece.

Hey Jy, she greeted.

Hey, she replied. About that name, though - it's my human name, isn't it? Short for Jaycee..... maybe I ought to have a witch name too, now I know.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 22:43

That does make sense, she replied slowly. It did.... witches had witch names, after all. And there was no such thing as a partial witch. Do you have any ideas?

I've been looking for ideas.... something's caught my eye. I don't have a clue what it even means though...

I don't think most do, she laughed. Nam, for one, had as much as admitted that'd been true in her own case.

It's Jyiara, she smiled. Still Jy.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 23:04

Jyiara, Hope repeated it thoughfully, her face musing. It's a good choice. I like it.

Jyiara grinned, thanked her, and then ran off to reintroduce her to almost the entire population of the hidden city.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 8:24

Very Happy It is an awesome name Wink
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 12:06

(Another totally made up name Razz )
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 13:52

Another two months had passed, and by now almost all of the Erion family were gathered in the hidden city. Save Firen. She couldn't be found or contacted, which seemed to be confirming the suspicions of Hope and Dier from what Jyiara had told them - she'd cut off her powers, and been lost as a witch. All others of the family were there. They were waiting. Plotting. That was obvious. Waiting and plotting to take back their own home and city, their rightful place, their power and their heritage.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 4 May 2012 - 23:14

The family's newest son had been born that morning. Hope was now back on that balcony, holding her son - newly named Tyrian - in her arms, smiling as he insisted upon magically playing with the light and making small sparks dance around the place.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 6 May 2012 - 0:27

cute, rose
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 6 May 2012 - 19:38

How long are you planning to do that, then? she whispered. He just smiled back, and gurgled, and continued with the sparkle game.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 11 May 2012 - 18:13

After a while, Hope then wondered why she was talking to a newborn, who'd have no chance of understanding her words. She laughed at the idea. Smiling, she watched as he continued to decorate the balcony with those sparkles, creating tiny little flames around the place too.

What were you laughing over? Dier asked softly, coming out to join them. She shrugged.

My foolishness, she answered. For a moment, I was behaving as if I expected him to understand me already.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 14 May 2012 - 21:33

He joined in her laughter then, smiling. Tyrian began echoing them. After a while, Dier took his son from Hope.

I've been thinking.... he began, slowly. We should be bound.

Bound? she echoed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 16 May 2012 - 20:54

Watching her expression, he searched for a moment for the words to explain the witches' version of a marriage ceremony, before realising that she had understood. She was just.... shocked maybe?

I thought that was for only witches....

Witches and whoever they choose to share their lives with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 5:16