Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread Empty World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 11:16

5 Years Into The Future

As the sound of footsteps faded, I drew back into the shade of my most recent shelter yet again. Another patrol squad.... when would they give up on this area? I hoped it'd be soon. At the moment, it was only me here, and my current borrowed ability wasn't offensive, so I didn't have much advantage to fight with. That's why I'd been laying low and hiding, instead of confronting those.

I sighed, looking around again, wondering how much longer Jake would be. He hadn't given any explanation when he'd beamed off this morning. But then, he didn't give many explanations recently. He'd been acting strange, stranger than normal or usual. It didn't take an expert to see that his guilt was hanging even more heavily over his head. I knew he blamed himself for how things had worked out. I'd asked him yesterday what he'd been dwelling on the last few days, but he'd evaded the question and hadn't answered.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread Empty Re: World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 22:44

(Are we all going back through time together?)

Coffee? I offered, holding up the kettle as Asher wandered out of his bedroom and into the kitchen. He grinned and sleepily rubbed his eyes.

He mumbled quietly some response, but I knew it was a yes, so I poured him a cup – adding the two sugars before passing it to him. He gave me another smile before wandering over to the couch where he promptly collapsed.

Oi! I said, as he had sat right on all of my work. He didn’t look up as he began to speak.

How can you have so much work when you’re a bartender? he asked, sliding off my work. I took the seat next to him, and tried to gather up all the work, but he took some of the sheets and began leafing through them.

I don’t want to stay a bartender for long, I responded, even though he already knew this – I told him everyday that I was going to get a job that day. He still didn’t believe me. To be honest, I was beginning to agree with him. The tips are good, but another sleazy pick-up lines slurred by another stupid frat boy and I might just top myself
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 22:46

(I see my chars' SL as something more individual.... sorry. Are yours currently in the present or future?)

Where are you, Jake? I sighed. I didn't get any answer, but then, I hadn't expected one. I knew that wherever he was, he was dwelling in guilt somewhere. I could recognise the look his face would get when he'd enter one of those moods. He'd been like that this morning before leaving. Worse than I'd ever seen him.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 23:01

Another hour had passed before he finally appeared, fading into vision from a flash of light. Once I saw it, I immediately ran to him.

You're Ok, I whispered, wrapping my arms around him. He didn't reply.

Where did you go? I asked.

I went to the past.... tried to change things....it didn't work though...
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 23:36

(Okay Nod I guess they'll be going soon Smile)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 23:45

(Will one of yours have a relevant ability, or do they need help?)

You tried to.... change... things? I asked, my voice shaking. I didn't need to question what he'd tried. I knew him well enough, and I knew that the failure could only mean one thing.

I had to try.... we can't keep on living like this, fighting a lost war. None of us can. We need something different...

But that...!

I had to, he repeated quietly. I'm sorry, Caryn.... but you can't say it's not worth the price.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 21:16

Sighing, I shook my head. No, I couldn't argue that.... and yet.... wasn't there anything else that could be done? Any other way? The mere concept of him even considering it ran chills down my spine.

Are you... certain?

I wouldn't have tried if I hadn't been certain, he replied quietly.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 17:21

I knew that. I'd known before I'd asked. I'd just been.... searching, I guess. Searching for another way despite knowing it was non-existant.

Then.... I....., I broke off, shaking my head. I couldn't say that.... couldn't offer that. The mere thought was too much. Wasn't it? It'd be painful..... deeply so. But I could also see that living with this guilt and this way of life was as painful, as him. Was I being selfish in refusing?

You can't change things, I stated quietly, whispering. It'd be too much of a paradox for you, time can't stand it, so it reverses to the norm. But if I....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 22:08

If you tried, you'd succeed, he finished for me. His voice was matter of fact, just stating. He wasn't asking me.

Would I.... would I remember?

He nodded.

I think so. I remembered when I changed smaller things, before. I think both of you would remember.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:26

(Smile Mine should be fine Nod)

I got back from a tiresome day of far too many job interviews, none of which I would get, to find Asher had barely moved all day. He still sat on the couch, except this time, he had a playstation controller in his hand, and a young boy sitting next to him Hi? I said, a bit tentative. Both turned around instantly, Asher pausing the game - Call of Duty, I believe - and the boy threw me an odd grin. I returned it politely.

Hey, Lou, said Asher, cheerfully. I went over to sit on the opposite couch. This is Matt, a friend. And Matt, this is Lou, my roommate.

Hi, Matt, nice to meet you, I said, but he doesn't say anything in response. It's only now, when I get a good look at Matt that I realise he can't be more than 16 years old. He's quite tall, black hair and dark eyes, pale skin. Moderately attractive[/i] Asher.. are the majority of your friends underage?

I was genuinely curious - I had only ever known Asher through my parents, we never shared mutual friends so I didn't know what his crowd was. Matt blushed a little, seemingly embarrassed I had noticed his age Not exclusively, he responds, with that grin I know all too well.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:29

( lol! )

Immediately, I winced at that. I didn't know if it'd be a bad thing or not..... remembering. It'd hurt, true. It'd be agony. But someone should remember..... it was only then that I realised that I'd been thinking as if the decision had already been done. Looking up, I saw that Jake was watching me as if he could follow my thoughts, and already knew my decision.

Thank you, he whispered.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:37

That's good, I laugh, waiting for him to elaborate.

He remains silent for a long time, trying to make me give in, but I refuse Matt's dad and I are tight. I'm his legal guardian and all that jazz

That idea amused me - I loved Asher, I did, but he was too much of a kid to be a guardian to one Well, they were clearly drunk when they made that decision

Matt let out an odd little giggle and Asher just smirked Now you just seem sour that I have cool underage friends
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:41

I wish you didn't have to, though, he continued. I wish it didn't have to be you...

I shook my head.

No, I want it to be, I replied. I want.... I need the memories. Else it'd all end.

I didn't voice the fact that it'd all end anyway, and neither did he, both of us unable to say it, both unable to admit. Slowly, I moved over to him, wrapping my arms around him and resting my head against his chest. I closed my eyes, screwing my eyelids shut tightly.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:48

(Sad)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:52

He reached out silently and tilted my face upwards, pressing his lips gently to mine. It was just reassuring, at first. But I clung to him as a subconscious part of myself realised what letting go would mean, realised it'd be parting. By the time I had let go, the tears from my eyes had spilled, cascading down my cheeks.

Goodbye, I whispered, stepping away. I reached within myself for the ability I'd newly borrowed from him, then in a flash of pink light, I'd vanished.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 15:43

Blinking, I waited for my eyes to readjust against the new light, the increased brightness. I'd gone from a shadowed hideout to the edge of a small street, back 5 years ago. Back before any of it started. Back when we were hidden, hidden and free.

I sighed, not letting myself dwell on that thought. It was too luxurious. I wasn't free, not yet. Even here, I was the product of the times I'd lived in. I wouldn't be free until I'd done what I'd returned here for.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 23:25

Very Happy Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 23:31

I began looking around, searching. I knew Jake'd be around here somewhere.... within five minutes, I'd spotted him. Grinning, I ran in that direction, but my smile faltered as I reached him, as I remembered.

Um, hello? he greeted, seeing the total stranger focusing so obviously on him.

Hey Jake....

Sorry, have we met?

I shook my head.

No, not from your point of view. I only know you from the future.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 23:31

Matt seemed to warm up after a while, dropping into the conversation. I found he was quite a cool kid - obviously very funny, but also oddly charming, somehow. An hour or so later, his father appeared, with his brilliant blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Matt left quite willingly, saying goodbye. It was only when he stood next to his father that I really noticed the different - Sean was short and quite chubby. However, Matt stood inches above his father, with his slim blind and dark hair and dark eyes.

He takes after his mother, I state, the only conclusion I can really draw. Asher laughs, apparently at the fact that I cared enough to notice this.

People always say that, but his mother's just as blonde as the father, responded Asher. We were all pretty tight back at college - once he was born, there were rumours that I was the father

I laugh at little, amazed at the idea that people could believe Asher could have a son Are you? I ask, anyway, since I think it'll wind him up a little.

I asked Lydia a few times, but she wouldn't answer, saying it was too preposterous to consider I look for the cheeky grin or the tone in his voice that told me he was joking, but there was nothing but sincerity in his voice
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 23:36

( lol! )

What.... the future?! he gasped, and despite myself, I grinned.

Yeah, time traveller here.... I guess you don't know yet? About yourself?

His blank expression showed me that my guess was correct.

Anyway, that doesn't matter.... I had to find you, Jake. Had to meet you here, now - in this year. Before everything...
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 23:55

Smile Smile Smile

Are you - are you telling me you have a son?! I ask, completely baffled by what he is saying.

Not at all, he laughed, as if I was insane to draw this conclusion. I'm just saying that I slept with the mother at about the right time and that the son and I look very similar

Don't you.. I don't know, don't you want to get a DNA test or something? I question, wondering why he didn't want to know.

What? And break my best friend's heart? Ruin a marriage over a mistake I made 15 years ago? Try and claim a boy I helped raise anyway? he suggested, shrugging his shoulders. He stood up and went over to the kitchen. It never seemed worth finding out - I love Matt whether he's my son or not. It just seems easier to be Uncle Ash
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 23:58

( cute, rose )

Why? he asked softly, the tone making me wince. I couldn't do this.... and yet I had to. It'd save the future. One small little price had to be worth that, however it looked to me. Slowly, I closed onto him, until I was standing right beside him. When he didn't back away, I wrapped my arms around him, resting my head against him just as I had before I'd left, with my Jake. I didn't let him see the tears threatening my eyes. I didn't let them spill.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 0:14

Sad Sad Sad Sad

And there I was thinking you were all insensitive and manly, I tease and he chuckles.

I've never actually told anyone that, he muttered, ignoring my statement. You're a dangerous weapon, Miss Matthews

He doesn't say anything else, but we make some eye contact before he disappears off to his room. I shrug it off, knowing it wasn't my place to interfere - in a way, I agree with him, I don't see why he would want to ruin it
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 11:38

(If Matt looks 16 and Asher is 28, wouldn't that mean Asher'd been 12 when he potentially fathered him? But then he says later on that it was during college)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 11:43

Wayward Daughter wrote:( cute, rose )

Why? he asked softly, the tone making me wince. I couldn't do this.... and yet I had to. It'd save the future. One small little price had to be worth that, however it looked to me. Slowly, I closed onto him, until I was standing right beside him. When he didn't back away, I wrapped my arms around him, resting my head against him just as I had before I'd left, with my Jake. I didn't let him see the tears threatening my eyes. I didn't let them spill.

What's wrong? he asked, concern in his tone, but I couldn't answer. Everything was wrong.... just everything. It couldn't get more wrong than having to do this, having to make this choice. And that worry.... it was for my sake, I could tell. It made me want to scream at him. It made me want to shout that he should be concerned for himself, that he should just run.... but I controlled myself.

I'm sorry, Jake, I whispered.

Sorry for what?

Again, I didn't answer that, just stayed where I was, looking at him and trying to build up some impossible courage. We both remained as we were, for what felt like an eternity. I moved closer, lifting my head up, pressing my lips against his.... and he instantly froze. He didn't push me away, but he didn't respond either. He just did nothing. Yet more proof that this wasn't my Jake, and now he never would be. But that didn't change a thing. I still loved him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 12:45