Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 21:50

Sasha Houston, she answered, smiling. Then she faltered and frowned slightly. Only one? But you have two, I detected that....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 21:51

Wayward Daughter wrote:To my relief, he didn't question any further, and stepped away from the doorway almost hastily.

You said they shouldn't have found me here.... what do we do next?

I grimaced. I'd been thinking the same myself; wondering how they could have possibly tracked him here. I'd chosen this location for a reason. It was at the opposite side of the city to where they'd originally found him, where he'd originally lost control and killed them all and started everything.

Can't you just beam us out of here? I asked, almost pleadingly. Before he even tried, I knew he'd fail. Even after four years he'd struggled to use the ability when he wasn't calm, and his face certainly showed no calm now. He tried, but each time, we went nowhere.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 23:22

The hammering on the door was growing stronger, too. I could see the wood shaking by now. In a heartbeat, I made my decision, reaching out to borrow beaming from Jake and move us myself. However, in that second, the door began to splinter.... my mind changed, and my choosing changed. I had the energy manipulation now. Releasing him, I stepped forwards, forming an attack in the palm of my hand, aiming it..... but none of the agent seemed to see us. They were looking around, looking straight through us both, searching as if we weren't even there.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 11:01

(This will be a shuck for Jared as he only thinks his Enhanced Intelligence is just that he is very smart, nothing else. Laughing )

"Two?" Jared didn't understand what the woman named Sasha was talking about. He tried to figure out if he was special in any other way but couldn't really tihnk of something.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 10:47

(I guessed as much, but you don't mind, right? I can undo stuff if you'd rather he remained ignorant)

My claircognizance gave me two when I asked earlier, she continued frowning. Those visions of outcomes you mentioned, and enhanced intelligence too. Didn't you know about that one?
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 12:13

(No, no, this is just fine. Nod )

Enhanced Intelligence? He knew that it wasn't that normal to be as intelligent as he was, but that it was because of an ability... "No, it can't be. I have been this intelligent for as long as I could remember!" You could see in Jared's face that he knew it was true, but he didn't really wanted to admit it. The only thing that made him special without having abilities who made him just that, had been an ability all along. Jared's face expression showed some kind of dissapointment or sadness. He knew it was a little pityfull to think like that, but it was just something about having to rely on something that he still, fully didn't understand, to be special, that made him uncomfortable. "Wait, does that mean that if I would lose these things that make me special, that I would become dumb as a rock?" The thought frightened him a bit, not knowing Miguel Najdorf's famous and complex chess strategy. A shiver went down Jared's spine just thinking about it. What a nightmare!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 12:16

I guess so.... lose them? she shuddered. How would that happen?
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 12:23

"I have no idea, but if we could get them, we should be able to lose them, right?"
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 12:28

Technically, it ought to be possible, she nodded. I was worrying for a moment that you'd seen that in one of your visions.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 12:29

(Would he? It was so long since I saw Heroes that I have started to forget what happened and when. Embarassed )
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 12:34

(This world isn't based on any Heroes canon Laughing But in the future, they get captured, imprisoned and enslaved, so some abilities would have to be neutralised or negated to make that possible - teleporting ones, powerful fighting ones etc. Caryn manifested her healing ability as a captive though, so ones like that, and Jared's enhanced intelligence, ought to be fine. And it's up to you if he's seen that particular aspect or not)
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 12:42

(Okay.)

"Well, I am not sure if I have. Mostly, everything is in a blur and even though I can put the different possible future's apart, it is still very hard to keep everything organized. After all, it is several lives of me that I have seen, so..." Jared sighed and then he went silent and drifted once again in his memories while waiting for sometihng to say or do.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 12:51

Can you control these at all? she asked, wondering now if he could direct it to help find out more about this future they were trying to avoid. More knowledge could only be useful. She wasn't just trying to save herself either; it was much larger than that, from the sounds of things - it was about all of them.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 12:58

Jared hesitated a bit before nodding. "A little. If I stand in front of a decision with multiple choices, any situation at all, I could decide to see how my life would be from that moment untill I die if I choose to choose that choice."
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 12:59

Could you try finding loads of ways to get out of this mess, then?
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 13:08

"I could, but the question is if I want to." Jared's face got sadder and he sighed once again. "It is not that I don't want to know, it is more that I would have to see myself dying and face everything miserable that I would face. And if I find a future that could help us change that future then I would have to act exactly as I have seen in just that future to not disturb the future or change it in any small way. I would have to eat the exactly same breakfast and I would know exactly how my life would turn out. People that will insult me, how I for example would be hit by a car just to barely survive and then have to walk out on that motorway a couple of years from now, for example, and actually getting hit by that same car. It could be too much to handle, so I don't know." The insecurity was heard in Jared's voice. He didn't know what to do.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 13:12

I'm sorry, she barely stopped herself from wincing. She'd never considered how awful it'd be to have everything mapped out for a person like that. I've tried asking my own ability, but it usually comes out incredibly vaguely, and even that seems to exhaust me...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 17:33

Wayward Daughter wrote:The hammering on the door was growing stronger, too. I could see the wood shaking by now. In a heartbeat, I made my decision, reaching out to borrow beaming from Jake and move us myself. However, in that second, the door began to splinter.... my mind changed, and my choosing changed. I had the energy manipulation now. Releasing him, I stepped forwards, forming an attack in the palm of my hand, aiming it..... but none of the agent seemed to see us. They were looking around, looking straight through us both, searching as if we weren't even there.

How can they not see us? I asked, whispering. Just in case. Jake shook his head; he was as clueless as I was. They really didn't seem to have a clue we were there, though.

Did you do this?

I've no idea.... what's even happened?!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 19:45

I shrugged. I didn't have a clue, either. The agents continued to act as if the place was completely empty, and soon they'd left, going on to search elsewhere. The second they were gone, I breathed a sigh of relief. Reaching out, I swapped the Energy Manipulation for Beaming, and moved us away.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 22:30

What is this place? Jake asked, looking around a little uncomfortably. I began laughing softly as I recognised it.

In the future - in the other, old future - you brought me here when we first met, when you freed me. We hid here. I guess it was rattling around in my head without me realising....
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 17:12

"It's not you'r fault. You didn't know." , Jared said, trying to be happier. "Well, I will definetely think about it, but now you know." Jared put on a small smile.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 18:53

Do you have any clues yet?
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 18:55

"No, not yet. Nothing that I have at the top of my head, anyhow. But I will try and find something in what I know."
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 22:11

She nodded, smiling. She said that she'd keep asking, too, but her tone showed that she wasn't that hopeful. After a moment, she suggested that maybe they swap contact details, in case one did find something.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 22:13

Wayward Daughter wrote:What is this place? Jake asked, looking around a little uncomfortably. I began laughing softly as I recognised it.

In the future - in the other, old future - you brought me here when we first met, when you freed me. We hid here. I guess it was rattling around in my head without me realising....

Looking around, I began sensing a sort of uneasy feeling. It was some sort of strange deja vu sensation, which I couldn't really place. Something here was giving me goosebumps. It wasn't that I felt the agents would look here, though, or that there'd be danger - I knew the place was completely safe. I could remember it being safe. I didn't have a clue what was distracting me slightly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 6 May 2024 - 14:42