Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

My abilities, opinions?

Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

My abilities, opinions? - Page 4 Empty Re: My abilities, opinions?

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 22:45

Density Manipulation

Ability to manipulate the density of materials and oneself. Can also make oneself invulnerable to harm and phase.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 22:46

Cool Smile
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 11:03

Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:Density Manipulation

Ability to manipulate the density of materials and oneself. Can also make oneself invulnerable to harm and phase.

What would altering the density of other things do - make them heavier, make them more hardwearing and harder to damage? What would decreasing the density do?
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 12:52

Wayward Daughter wrote:
    Superheroesfanatic-IR wrote:Density Manipulation

What would altering the density of other things do - make them heavier, make them more hardwearing and harder to damage? What would decreasing the density do?
    makethem lighter or disperse
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 13:22

I've added it, but can you check the limits? Also, have you seen my new name suggestions for the ability Pippy came up with? They're in the last post of the previous page.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 18:03

Destiny Manipulation

The ability to see/sense and manipulate the destiny of others. With this ability one could change the purpose of a person's life or just details to change the course of that person's future, just by thinking on a detail or his/her whole destiny and how to change it.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 18:31

This is a even more powerful version of Adoptive Muscle Memory.

The ability to replicate any action, supernatural or not, after seeing it performed once. The action doesn't have to be from real life, it can be replicated from a tv-programme or film. With this ability, a persson could pure physical actions like fighting techniques or parkour, but also supernatural feats like flying or manipulating an element. The person could through this ability learn other abilities like "Electrokinesis" and "Flying". However, the ability has to be an ability or supernatural feat that can be seen, so it can be replicated. For example, a person couldn't learn an ability like "Emotion Manipulation" because of the fact that it can't be seen and thus, not understood, through watching. This ability could however be used to learn certain aspects of an ability if an ability has multiple aspects where one or more can be seen and therefore also understood. For example, a person with this ability could learn how to make their hands glow red after seeing someone use "Ferity Induction" but not learn how to induce rage and feral behaviour in someone as that is not an aspects that can be seen.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 19:09

Neodraconis wrote:Destiny Manipulation

The ability to see/sense and manipulate the destiny of others. With this ability one could change the purpose of a person's life or just details to change the course of that person's future, just by thinking on a detail or his/her whole destiny and how to change it.

Cool Smile Bit limited though. Pippy and I considered basically this idea - Fate Manipulation - for Castiel, but then I realised that the characters' fates would basically be what you were planning on writing for them anyway, so how would the ability have any real effect?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 19:11

Neodraconis wrote:This is a even more powerful version of Adoptive Muscle Memory.

The ability to replicate any action, supernatural or not, after seeing it performed once. The action doesn't have to be from real life, it can be replicated from a tv-programme or film. With this ability, a persson could pure physical actions like fighting techniques or parkour, but also supernatural feats like flying or manipulating an element. The person could through this ability learn other abilities like "Electrokinesis" and "Flying". However, the ability has to be an ability or supernatural feat that can be seen, so it can be replicated. For example, a person couldn't learn an ability like "Emotion Manipulation" because of the fact that it can't be seen and thus, not understood, through watching. This ability could however be used to learn certain aspects of an ability if an ability has multiple aspects where one or more can be seen and therefore also understood. For example, a person with this ability could learn how to make their hands glow red after seeing someone use "Ferity Induction" but not learn how to induce rage and feral behaviour in someone as that is not an aspects that can be seen.

Cool Very Happy Aka, what some people originally thought Monica's ability was Wink Wonder what the name would be though, I've a feeling that Advanced Adoptive Muscle Memory will be too much of a mouthful....
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 19:35

The Destiny Manipulation ability could be used in sl's you create involving the ability. Like changing someone's fate/destiny so that the person would fall in love witha nother person than he/she was suppposed to fall in love with from the start?
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 19:38

I think Advanced Adoptive Muscle Memory sounds like a good and catchy name. My friend Felicia says: "Believe me, my friend can pronounce any words that twists when you say them."
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 20:07

Neodraconis wrote:The Destiny Manipulation ability could be used in sl's you create involving the ability. Like changing someone's fate/destiny so that the person would fall in love witha nother person than he/she was suppposed to fall in love with from the start?

Wouldn't that happen anyway? The only scenario I could think of is if someone had the ability of Fate/Destiny Precognition - seeing definite futures which can't be changed or avoided - and then you used Destiny Manipulation to undo what he or she has seen. But then we/Rajan added Ability Manifestation, and that's about as specific in possible uses shrug

Neodraconis wrote:I think Advanced Adoptive Muscle Memory sounds like a good and catchy name. My friend Felicia says: "Believe me, my friend can pronounce any words that twists when you say them."

I didn't say it was a tongue twister, I meant the length of it Laughing But then, I did create Vulnerability Linked Power Absorption and Emotion Linked Ability Replication Wink
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 20:17

Exactly. Laughing
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 20:21

The ability to transform oneself to any person/character from almost any legend/myth.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 20:30

Like Mythical Mimicry without the creatures part?
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 21:07

Exactly! Nod
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 21:36

Tachyonic Energy Manipulation

The ability to manipulate tachyonic energy. This enables the user to move, react and see faster than the speed of light if he/she chose to imbue himself/herself with it, which would also make the character invisble to anyone who cannot stop time. This could possibly be used to make oneself or others time travel by imbuing them with tachyonic energy.

Any other ideas what this ability could do?
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 21:41

The ability to "shatter" into a form that is smaller than you, like a swarm of insects/butterflies, a lot of knives or other weapons, a subject like thousand of water drops and then manipulate that new shattered form. The ability can then be used to return to the orginial human form but if for example "a knife" would be lost so that it can't be returned when the person having this ability transforms back to their human form, the trnasformation could go wrong and the person could end up with a missing finger. The more detailed the thing "shattered" to, is in the person's mind, the better the "shattering" will work.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 22:12

Neodraconis wrote:Tachyonic Energy Manipulation

The ability to manipulate tachyonic energy. This enables the user to move, react and see faster than the speed of light if he/she chose to imbue himself/herself with it, which would also make the character invisble to anyone who cannot stop time. This could possibly be used to make oneself or others time travel by imbuing them with tachyonic energy.

Any other ideas what this ability could do?

What exactly is tachyonic energy?

Neodraconis wrote:The ability to "shatter" into a form that is smaller than you, like a swarm of insects/butterflies, a lot of knives or other weapons, a subject like thousand of water drops and then manipulate that new shattered form. The ability can then be used to return to the orginial human form but if for example "a knife" would be lost so that it can't be returned when the person having this ability transforms back to their human form, the trnasformation could go wrong and the person could end up with a missing finger. The more detailed the thing "shattered" to, is in the person's mind, the better the "shattering" will work.

Nice idea Smile Don't know a name though, since Self-shattering is already used. Maybe Hive Mimicry?
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 13:14

for the adoptive muscle memory why not call it action mimicry?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 13:32

Good idea Smile I thought of that last night, but forgot it til you reminded me Laughing Great minds, I guess.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 13:53

Would Nina's ability from Alphas be called Hypnotic Vision? Persuasive Vision?
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 13:54

Its just persuasion but she just needs eye contact to do it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 14:02

The need for eye contact makes it a different ability Razz
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 19:31

The ability to be able to perform awesome, explosive entrances. When entrancing in an area or place, one with this ability would be able to make an explosive entrance that would leave person's stunned and amazed. It could be like being able to to acrobatic feats that someone otherwise wouldn't be able to perform or explosives and fireworks shooting and appearing without the user preparing them. It could even be that the user could enter with a grand speak that becomes legendary for it's inspiring tone and capturing theme. The user don't even have to think about how the explosive entrance should be, it is more viewed in the moment when the user enters the place/area. However, the explosive entrace could be a little determined if the user wants it to be and in that case he/she will have to think on a theme or how it should be presented.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 22:07