Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

3 posters

Heroes RP World 2.5 - Reflections Future

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Heroes RP World 2.5 - Reflections Future - Page 17 Empty Re: Heroes RP World 2.5 - Reflections Future

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 16:13

She hadn't moved since she'd collapsed. He could see now the gaping wound in her chest, her shirt almost entirely red. His hands fumbled, trying to stem the bleeding. He knew he couldn't though. That was far too little. She was far too injured for that.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Heroes RP World 2.5 - Reflections Future - Page 17 Empty Re: Heroes RP World 2.5 - Reflections Future

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 13:51

Please, Casey, he whispered, beginning to plead. His hands fumbled again as he tried to staunch her bleeding. He couldn't do anything. Casey....

He could hear people shouting for help, telling others to call 911. The culprit had fled by now. The calls for aid were too slow though.

Casey, he whispered again. Slowly, his voice grew stronger, gained authority, gained power. An idea had struck him. A memory, years old. Please Casey.... live.... heal up.... live....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:44

He kept whispering the same commands, his voice barely audible. He knew they were working. He didn't need to see Casey slowly healing, her breathing becoming more normal and her colour returning. He could feel it, the energy of the words sapping out of him. His vision blurred again. This time it didn't clear. He slipped away.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 20:11

Casey was barely conscious, but she still felt herself healing up. She'd been too out of it to hear the words. Too out of it to have much grasp on anything that had happened. Slowly, that haze cleared, leaving her wondering for a second why she was lying on the cafe floor in a pool of sticky blood. She blinked. Raising her head gingerly, she looked around. The place was in chaos. She couldn't see Darrien. Where was he? She tried calling out, but her voice was still weak. Then she realised.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 22:43

Her eyes felt like they were being dragged downwards til they landed on Darrien. He was deathly still. She collapsed onto her knees, trying to do something to revive him, she didn't know what though. He wasn't breathing. Dimly she remembered her injuries again, recalled what he must have done. He'd wasted his energy healing her... why?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:40

The shock only paralysed her for a few seconds. She wasn't spared any longer than that. Then she began shaking, sobs quaking her entire body, so much so that a bystander woman hesitantly asked if she was all right. She couldn't answer. Yes, she was all right - physically. Emotionally it was a different question.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 15 Oct 2013 - 20:15

She tried to nod, but found herself shaking her head instead, and after that she just fled before anyone else could question her any further. She ran until she couldn't run any more. When she did finally stop, she realised that she'd been fleeing from what had happened. Fleeing from the honesty, from the guilt, from having to face the choice Darrien had made and its consequences.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 12:30

Hours had passed before she finally forced herself to admit that she needed to deal with what had happened. She knew that no one had informed Darrien's family yet - the police were still working through the damage, they'd spent most of the time pursuing the gunman. She forced herself to drive to where she knew his family home was, rang the doorbell and waited.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:47

Hello? I answered the door, seeing Casey there. She grimaced. I instantly knew that something was wrong.

What's happened? I asked warily.

I'm really sorry... it's Darrien. He got killed. Shot...

She omitted the rest of it, the fact that his injuries had only killed him because of the energy he'd spent Commanding her to heal. She couldn't admit that. Couldn't even think about it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:09

Where is he? I asked. I didn't notice her slight wince. Casey could already guess what I was planning: Darrien had mentioned some of the various revival methods available to his family. But he'd also mentioned how his ability's use negated them. She knew it'd be useless.

She answered the question honestly though, mostly trying to evade explaining why she knew everything'd fail. Hoarsely, I thanked her for telling me, then I was already contacting the Organisation for a revival team. I had to remind myself that I wouldn't be able to do the job alone. Even after the passing decades, I needed to remind myself of that limitation.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 15 Nov 2013 - 23:36

The team had only been working on Darrien for a few minutes when they stopped. One of them turned to face me. She shook her head.

I'm sorry, she whispered.

I wanted to ask what she was sorry for, I wanted to demand that they turn back and heal him! But it choked in my throat. I knew why they'd stopped, I knew some conditions were unhealable.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 13:42

Why not? I asked. I was unable to stop myself. Knowing wouldn't help, it wouldn't change anything, and yet...

Early indications suggest severe energy loss, coupled with his gunshot wounds, caused his death, she answered.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 22 Nov 2013 - 14:46

I didn't need to ask any further, after that answer. I already knew what the main theory would be. A few of the others, too. The most likely scenario was that he'd overused Command when injured, doing something like trying to talk the shooter down or neutralise his weapon. He'd succeeded in doing that once. It was either that or someone else had attacked him, drained him of energy. Neither way made a difference. The important part was that the energy loss, and the damage it caused, couldn't be reversed. Couldn't be healed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 1 Dec 2013 - 14:24

I knew that. We'd seen it enough times already before. And it didn't make it any easier, make it any more acceptable. Darrien had known the danger but he'd always been almost reckless with his ability use.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Dec 2013 - 14:51

Casey had left the house when I had, returning to the apartment she shared with her friend Alice. Her parents had given her the place on her seventeenth birthday. Alice wasn't there at the moment, luckily, so there was no one to ask her why she looked like she'd been crying. She didn't want to talk. She didn't think she'd ever want to talk about it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 14:41

She began feeling mad at Darrien for what he'd done, irrational as she knew that was. What right did he have? Well, she knew he had the right of possessing the ability, but still. Did he really not realise how this would make her feel? How it'd be like, having to visit his family and break the terrible news, knowing she was the reason it was news to be told? Did he not know, at all? She didn't even know why he'd done it. They'd only known each other a short while. She'd possibly understand it with a couple who'd been married for years, but not them.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 22 May 2014 - 10:50

Weeks passed, and still she stewed over what he'd done. She couldn't help but be mad about it. Stupid, irrational. She wasn't sure if it was her own emotions those words were describing, or his actions. Probably both. The crazy, reckless idiot.... she remembered when he'd first told her about that power, when he'd showed her it. His face had been practically glowing with excitement when he'd used it. He hadn't mentioned that it drained him. She'd found that out elsewhere. She'd been a little jealous - who wouldn't, about these abilities? - but she'd been really careful to try to hide that fact and never mentioned it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 23 May 2014 - 14:30

When her doorbell rang, she ignored it at first. She was just feeling annoyed. Whoever it was, she didn't want to see or speak to them. But it persisted. Eventually, she gave up, and stormed to open the front door. Then she paused, struck dumb by shock.

Hi, he smiled, waving stupidly. She stared. Her silence stretched out, as she wasn't able to say anything.

How....? she finally managed to ask. He grinned again. And laughed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 30 May 2014 - 23:49

Turns out my cousin can give out energy transfers, he replied. He was still smiling, but he shook his head slightly. To be fully honest, he was a little amazed no one had thought of Luke's ability before.

No, not that.... it doesn't make sense... she muttered.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 30 May 2014 - 23:54

It's just powers, he shrugged. I told you about them before. I showed you mine. I thought you were fine with it all.

She was barely listening. She noticed that was still standing at the doorway, filling it, as if subconsciously blocking him from entering.

Casey? he asked, noticing her distraction now. I thought you'd be... glad...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Jun 2014 - 23:06

It's too weird, she muttered. She raised her head to look at him - and found that she had to force herself to do it. This.... this stuff... it's your life, isn't it? For real?

At first, he thought she meant the abilities by "this stuff". Then he realised that she was speaking about the deaths and revivals, their emotional impact.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 13:55

I can't do this, she whispered. It was barely audible.

All of this? Darrien gestured vaguely. Yeah, I guess it is my life.

It was his entire family's lives, he thought. Maybe it was the lives of any who possessed powers, and got as involved in them as they did.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 14:36

I can't do this, I can't deal with this, she muttered again. She was talking to herself, but this time Darrien did hear. He frowned.

Deal with what? he asked. The powers? But you were fine when I showed you.... the fact that I came back to life?

She shook her head.

No.... before then... what you did....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 21:04

Wait... you're breaking up with me, because I saved you? he repeated incredulously. He shook his head. He couldn't believe it. It didn't make sense.

I guess so, she replied. Her tone was a little dry.

That's crazy....

It's not the only thing that is, she muttered.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 15:18

He shook his head again. He couldn't believe this.

I'm sorry, Darrien, she whispered. He was left wordless. He just said goodbye and let himself out of the apartment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024 - 4:47