Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

Okay, this is just a tester!

ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Okay, this is just a tester! Empty Okay, this is just a tester!

Post by ItsAGibbo Mon 8 Feb 2010 - 19:26

I'm just putting this up for a tester, if its shit then I wont continue with it!

Chapter One:
    Going Home.

I threw a twenty pound note at the driver and climbed out the taxi, pulling my backpack with me. I slammed the door and didn’t turn as the taxi drove away. I looked up at the house in front of me, tears collecting in my eyes. I hadn’t seen the house in eleven months, two weeks and four days; it had been a long time for me. The garden was the same; neat, tidy, and full of blooming flowers. The house looked the same; three storeys, six windows on the front, five on the back, one aerial on top of the only chimney. The curtains were closed on all windows, with a dim light shining through the living room window. I glanced at my watch, it was half past nine at night, Mum and Dad would be watching the TV.

The reason why I had left for all those months was simple: I had to. One month before I had left I had found out that I could do thing, thing that no-one else could. I could move things with my mind; I can read other peoples minds, and even phase through solid objects like walls and doors. I don’t know what else I can do, but I’ll find out. I had experimented, taught myself to be able to control them. The second week of my training I did something I shouldn’t have: I used them in front of others.

I was in school, my classmate, Jodie Nickels, had provoked me while we were in class. She had called me names, thrown stuff at me and even kicked me on her way past. After a while, I’d had enough and lashed out, like any normal teenager. But I had used my powers instead of my fists. The whole class, including ten kids and two members of staff, had watched me throw Jodie out the window using my mind, forgetting we were on the third floor of the Science Block. I’d snapped to my senses quickly and slowed her down before she’d hit the ground, she got hurt, but I stopped her from dying. The media caught up with it and started harassing me, following me and asking me questions whenever they could about what I’d done and how I’d done it.

It wasn’t long before they caught up with me.

I have no idea who they are or what they want with me, all I know is that they came after me because of what I can do. And they go after others like me, others that can do stuff. They came two weeks after the incident. They watched me at school first, then they followed me home, and then I saw them everywhere I went. When they finally attacked me, I used my powers and won, but I knew I had to leave, or they would go after my family and hurt them to get to me, and I couldn't have that, no way!

When I left, I grabbed a few things: Clothes, money, pictures of them. But I left everything else behind, friends, family, even a relationship! The thought of my old boyfriend made my heart thump loudly in my chest. I’d seen him again! Hopefully soon! When I’d left, I’d made my way as far away from this little town as possible. I took trains and buses. When my money ran out, I stole from others, nicking their purses when they weren’t looking. I used my powers while watching from afar, so I didn’t get caught. It was easy, as long as they had their backs turning, I got away with it. It was only once when someone had turned around and saw their purse floating in mid air. I had made my quick escape before anyone spotted me.

It was only two weeks after I had left when I first saw the news report.

I had been passing a TV shop in a small town when I saw my face come on screen. I stopped and looked at the screen, thinking it couldn’t be me. But, of course, it was. There was my long, black hair that now reached to the middle of my back. They were my jade coloured eyes. My skin was a permanent white colour; I didn’t tan as easily as a normal person. The news report was simple. A small, excited woman stood outside my school, her long blonde hair moving in the wind. She held a microphone to her lips and was speaking into it.

“Chloe Johnson came to this school,” she said, gesturing at the school behind her. “She disappeared two weeks ago without a trace. Her parents found her room empty and a note saying that she’d gone away and might not be coming back.”

A picture flashed on the screen, me when I was younger. The screen went back to the woman.

“It is not yet clear why little Chloe left,” she said. “Her parents said that there was nothing that could have made her leave. She had a nice life, living with her parents, hanging out with her mates, and even playing with her brother. Anyone who has seen Chloe as asked to please come forward, her parents miss her. They had this to say only days after her disappearance.”

I walked away after that, I didn’t want to see my parents, seeing them would have made me want to go back home even more. I thought about it for ages, but always came back to the same conclusion: I couldn’t go back without putting them in danger. Another thing that worried me was now everyone knew what I looked like. I’d have to keep an even lower profile that I already did.

After eleven months I decided to come back. I hadn’t seen them at all since I left. If they wanted me that badly they would have come looking for me, wouldn’t they? So, I packed up my things and made the three-day-journey back to my home town. Posters with my face on them covered everywhere, post boxes, lamp posts, benches, and even shop windows. My happy, untroubled face stared at me as I drove through town towards my house.

I sighed and opened the rusty old gate. I winced at the sound it made. I closed it and walked up the path, towards the front door. I stopped as I reached it and touched the brass knocked, wondering whether I should knock or not. It started to rain; droplets of water splashed my face and my jacket. I heard them hitting my backpack. I lowered my hand and pulled my house key out the pocket of my jeans. Should I just walk in? Or should I knock? I replaced the key and pulled the knocker up, I slammed it down three times and let go. I heard someone open the living room door.

“Is that you, Jamie?” asked my dad’s voice.

I heard him turn the lock.

“You should always take your key with you, Jamie!” scolded Dad.

He opened the door and stopped. I bit my lip. My dad’s grey, short hair was a mess. His eyes had big purple bags under them. He was wearing an old pair of jeans that were splattered with paint and varnish. He was taller than my five foot six. His brown eyes were open in shock. Tears sprang to my eyes.

“Dad,” I whispered.

A tear slid down his cheek.

“Chloe,” he whispered. “Is that you?”

I nodded, tears flowing down my cheeks.

“Carla, get out here!” yelled Dad.

I heard Mum get up off the sofa.

“What is it?” she asked.

She came into the hallway and stopped. My mum had short, black hair. There were a few greys poking through. She had soft green eyes. She was wearing trousers and a white top. She was slightly taller than me but not by much. Tears rolled down her cheeks as her eyes looked at me.

“Mum,” I whispered.

“Chloe?” she said. “Chloe!”

She ran forward and threw her arms around me.

“Chloe!” she cried.

Last edited by Resident-Evil-Fan! on Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 10:25; edited 1 time in total
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Okay, this is just a tester! Empty Re: Okay, this is just a tester!

Post by Mr_Isaac Tue 9 Feb 2010 - 17:18

Very good start. What's it called? Also how old is Chloe and where is it set? No offence meant at all, but I think this is better than your other one. So, keep going with this if anything, but by all means do both if you can.

One more thing: make sure you proofread. Great start. alright
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 9 Feb 2010 - 17:33

It is good. Congratz/
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Tue 9 Feb 2010 - 18:01

Thanks.
    It was just a tester, I'm gonne re-do it, and its a mystery FF so its meant to be like that!
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Tue 9 Feb 2010 - 20:02

Does it have a title though? No pressure, I didn't think of one for mine until halfway through Arc One.
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 10:08

Mr_Isaac wrote:Does it have a title though? No pressure, I didn't think of one for mine until halfway through Arc One.
    Not yet, still working on it!
    *Sigh*
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 13:04

Don't worry about that. I think mine was in the second volume before I named it
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 13:17

Awesome!

I've sorta updated that chater, still more updating to do!
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:10

Chapter Two:
    Back to School.

It took my mum two weeks to finally let me go to school. She packed my bag and gave me my lunch box when I was standing at the door. Tears spilled down her cheeks. My dad smiled at me and kissed my forehead. Mum hugged me and kissed me on my cheek.

“Come straight home!” she ordered.

She was still afraid I might run off again, and checked on me before and after she went sleep. I skipped out my house and walked to school. I was a little late and no-one was about. Most people knew I was back (Mum had called everyone hours after I came back). But some still didn’t know, and that was the children and teenagers of this town. I walked past the old cinema, which had been closed down and moved three months ago. I smiled as all the old posters were still on the walls, but they were peeling in some places and the rain had washed most of the ink off. I hurried on, wanting to catch the morning assembly.

The school was old and only had seven buildings. Two of them were the Science Blokes, one was the Gym. The others contained the assembly hall, the dining hall and the rest of the classrooms. The building containing the assembly hall was near the back of the school. I started running as soon as I reached the school gates, my book bag banged painfully against my side but I ignored it. I reached the doors and ran in.

All corridors in the school were the same, white tiled floors, lockers covering the doors apart from where the doors leading to the classrooms were, the walls above the lockers were covered in posters and notices. Some parts of the walls were designated to boards that held information about football try-outs, after school activities and so on. I ran past the lockers and the notice boards towards the double doors that led into the hall. I slowly opened them and peering in.

The headmaster was in the middle of a speech. I glanced around, looking for a spare seat. And guess where it was. Right at the front, next to my Science teacher, Mrs. Harper. I groaned and slowly walked in. Without stopping, I walked down the aisle that separated one side of the hall from the other. As I walked past them, the other students started to whisper. I saw my ex-boyfriend stand up as I walked past but I ignored him and sat next to Mrs. Harper. She gave me a funny look but then smiled at me.

“Quieten down!” shouted the headmaster, Mr. Greaves.

He was about forty. He had old, leathery, wrinkly skin and old brown eyes. He was wearing a brown suit with brown shoes. I looked at him and nodded.

“Sit down, Alex Smiths!” he yelled at my ex-boyfriend.

I didn’t turn around but I heard him sit. I groaned, I’d have some explaining to do later.

“As you can see, Chloe Alexson has returned,” said Mr. Greaves. “Chloe will return to her old classes and no-one is to ask her anything about what has happened to her over the last eleven months. Understood?”

The students muttered, “Yes!” but as I scanned through their minds I saw that they were going to ask anyway. I stopped on my ex-boyfriends mind.

When did she get back? he thought. Why didn’t she call me and tell me she was back? Why doesn’t she look at me? What happened to you, Chloe?

I wrenched myself back into my own head and sighed.

The assembly was long and boring. When the bell rang I ran out, before anyone could ask me anything. I still remembered my old schedule so I knew where to go. I headed towards the Maths room. I waited outside the door, with my head down, waiting for the teacher. Some other students joined me but didn’t say anything.

“Alex, stop it!” someone giggled.

My head snapped up. Alex was walking towards me, his arm around the one and only Jodie Nickels! Alex had tickled her neck, and Jodie had playfully hit him. Alex was smiling and then he leant forward and kissed her! It felt like my heart had stopped beating, it squeezed together painfully. I dropped my head again to hide the tears that were forming in my eyes. So he had moved on. A few months ago I’d wondered whether Alex had moved on, but I didn’t think he would. My heart thumped painfully again. Alex stopped a few feet away form me, I lifted my head again and looked at him.

Alex’s face had dropped. His lush brown eyes looked worried. There were worry lines on his forehead. His short, black hair was messy, just how he had it. He was wearing jeans and a short-sleeved black t-shirt. He was a few months older than my 16 years.

Jodie was shorter than him by a few inches, the same as me. She had long, blonde hair with blue eyes. She was wearing white jeans and a blue top. I was wearing blue jeans and red tank top. I looked down again and bit my lip.

“See you later, Jodie,” said Alex as Jodie walked away.

“See you at lunch, Alex!” shouted Jodie.

I keep my eyes on the ground. A finger slid under my chin and tilted my head up. Alex’s eyes looked into mine.

“Hi,” he said.

I chewed on my lip and didn’t say anything.

“Not talking to me now?”

I shook my head.

“Then why won’t you talk to me?”

I didn’t answer. Alex let go of my chin and I looked down again. He sighed. I didn’t like that.

“Hi,” I whispered.

“Hi,” said Alex.

I could hear the smile in his voice. I looked up and smiled. Some of the students that were stood next to us laughed. I looked away from his beautiful face. The Maths teacher, Mr. Jacobs, walked down the corridor and unlocked the Maths Room door. We walked in.

The Maths Room was the same as any Maths Room. Numbers and equations covered the walls. There were ten double desks in the room, in two lines of five. They faced the teacher’s desk and the interactive white board. I sat at the back, on the left hand side, next to the long row of massive windows. Mr. Jacobs was old, about fifty. His skin was wrinkled and looked like really old leather. I’d never seen him in anything but a suit. The colour today was black. His brown leather briefcase went everywhere with him. He had it with him now.

I looked out the window. I heard the chair next to me scrape across the floor as someone pulled it out. They sat down and pushed the chair in. I turned to them and saw Alex sat there. He was smiling. I looked down at the desk without returning his smile and stared at the wood, chewing my lip again. I could taste blood.

That lesson was long! Alex kept looking at me but I didn’t once look at him. I raced out the classroom as the bell went; Alex ran after me and grabbed my arm so I couldn’t go anywhere.

“Why won’t you talk to me?” he demanded as he spun me around.

I didn’t answer.

Alex’s face fell, he knew why.

“Oh,” he said.

I blushed.

“Chloe,” he said.

My heart skipped a beat.

“You were gone so long,” he said.

He pushed me against the wall and stood in front of me.

“I know,” I whispered.

“Why?”

“I can’t tell you.”

He leaned in; our faces were only inches apart. I could both feel and smell is breath. Students walked past and took no notice of us. Alex’s warm finger traced my cheek bone. My heart beat picked up, it was almost painful the way it was banging against my rib cage. My breathing sped up. Alex smiled.

I ducked around him and turned back to him.

“I can’t do this,” I whispered.

“Why?” asked Alex.

“You’re going out with someone, and I can’t go out with you.”

“Why?”

“I just can’t, Alex.” I was angry at the way my heart spluttered as I said his name. “I’m sorry.”

I walked off. Alex stayed where he was, watching me go. I ran into the toilets and let the tears flow. I’d just lost the only man I ever loved.

Last edited by Vampire-Girl! on Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:17; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:14

Aww cute, rose Why varying between the names John and Alex, though?
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:17

I changed his name at some point and you know the rest.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:18

Yeah, John and Alex are the same person?! Wtf?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:18

No, you kept mixing the names throughout the chapter. It was slightly confusing
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:21

sorry, but if ya love him, jsut let him dump her. Wink
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:21

No, he was called John but I changed the name.
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:22

Chapter Three:
    Back to Normal.

The following month was torture. Alex spent all his time with Jodie, my parents wouldn’t let me out of their sight and Jamie – my brother – wasn’t speaking to me. I sighed as I sat with my small pack lunch on a table on my own. Something didn’t feel right, like something bad was going to happen. I ignored it and picked up my ham sandwich and unwrapped it. Alex wasn’t sat with Jodie today. He was sat on one side of the dining hall, near me, while Jodie sat on the other side, with her friends. Both were looking daggers at each other. I bit into my sandwich and sighed again. Carla Jones sat next to me, my only friend that had stuck by my side since I’d come back.

Carla was a few months younger than me and a few inches shorter than me. She had short, brown hair and bright green eyes. She always wore jeans. She was wearing a black top with a pair of jeans right now. She dumped her pack lunch on the table and sat down.

“Wanna hear something?” she asked as she sat down.

I swallowed my mouthful and nodded. Carla always knew what was going on, they called her Gossip Girl. She took pride in her work and could tell you anything, from teachers that were pregnant, to kids that had attacked a teacher after work with oranges. She always grinned wickedly when she told you; she had that grin on her face now.

“Yeah,” I said.

“I heard Jodie Nickels broke up with her boyfriend,” said Carla.

My heart skipped a beat.

“Why?” I asked.

“Apparently, he loved someone else. Jodie got pissed about it and dumped him. I didn’t know she was going out with anyone.”

“I heard she was going out with Alex Smiths,” I said casually.

“Really?” asked Carla, her face lighting up. “Isn’t he your ex?”

I didn’t answer. I bit into my sandwich again. Carla unwrapped hers and bit into it.

“Hey,” she suddenly said brought her mouthful, “you don’t think they broke up because of you, do you? Maybe he still loves you.”

“Yeah, well, I can’t get back with him.”

“Why not? It’s not like he’s with anyone.”

“Carla, I’ve wanted to get back with him since the moment I came back, but I can’t.”

“Why cant you?”

“It’s because of the reason I left.”

I sighed. The bubble of voices that filled the air masked my sigh. Carla looked at me with a puzzled look on her face.

“Why did you leave, Chloe?” she asked.

“I can’t say, Carla,” I said.

“Why?”

“I can’t say!”

Carla let it drop. Someone shouted her name and she looked up.

“Sorry, Chloe, gotta go!” she said as she grabbed her lunch.

“Bye, Carla,” I said.

I grabbed my water and drank some. I placed it down next to me and sighed.

“Is this seat taken?” a voice asked.

I looked up and saw Alex standing next to me, one hand on Carla’s chair. I saw Jodie looking at us from the other side of the room.

“No,” I said.

Alex at next to me and grabbed the cap off my bottle. He played with it with his fingers. I remembered the way he had touched my cheek a month ago when I looked at his fingers. I shuddered and turned my eyes back to my lunch. He sighed.

“Chloe?” he said.

I turned back to him.

“Yes?” I said.

He bit his lip.

“Do you still love me?” he asked.

I didn’t answer; I grabbed my lunch and walked out of the dining hall. I walked out into the courtyard and stopped as I heard him follow me. His hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me round. He was looking at me. I stared into his eyes.

“Do you?” he asked.

Tears formed in my eyes.

“More than I ever could,” I whispered.

Alex smiled. A tear rolled down my cheek. He grabbed my chin again and pulled it closed to his, so we were only an inch apart.

“Same here,” he whispered, his breath washing over my face.

I smiled. So he hadn’t moved on, but he had gone out with Jodie for the time being.

Poor Jodie, I thought.

My heart thumped unevenly. My breathing sped. Alex smiled. The courtyard was empty, I barely noticed. My eyes were locked on Alex’s face and his on mine. He pulled my face to his and pressed his lips against mine.

My lips burst into flame, or so I thought. Blood bubbled to the surface of my lips. I wrapped my arms around Alex’s neck and hugged myself closer to him. His hand slipped round the back of my head and locked my head into place. His other arm wrapped around my waist. His lips were hard against mine.

“Chloe! Put him down! You don’t know where he’s been!” a familiar voice shouted.

I smiled and pulled away, looking over Alex’s shoulder. Carla stood next to the doors, smiling at me and Alex. Alex turned, so he could see Carla as well.

“Carla Jones, still annoying, then?” he laughed.

Carla and I laughed. Alex smiled, showing his white teeth.

I shook my head and pried myself off Alex. He held my hand. Carla grinned at us, her eyes shinned. I grinned back.

I’d finally got my man back.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:22

Then go back and edit the name John to Alex everytime he's mentioned
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:23

I have!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:24

Good third chapter alright I'm assuming she left because of her telepathy?
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:25

Maybe.
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:27

Chapter Four:
    Jamie.

Alex flicked a piece of bread at me; I flicked a grape at him.

“What were you thinking about?” he asked. “You were just staring off into space.”

I sighed.

“I was thinking about Jamie,” I said.

Me, Alex and Carla were sat at the lunch table on out own. I could feel Jodie’s eyes on me, but didn’t turn to look. I was picking at my sandwich, not really eating it.

“It’ll be okay,” said Carla, who was reading her favourite magazine, Heat.

“I don’t think so,” I said. “It’s been nearly two months.”

It was three weeks after me and Alex had gotten together again, and Jodie had been shooting daggers at me ever since. I resisted the urge to throw her out of a window again, and not slow her down this time.

Alex was wearing a white, short-sleeved t-shirt with jeans, a belt and a pair of old trainers. Carla was wearing white jeans, a short-sleeved t-shirt, a black belt and brand new white Nike trainers. I was wearing jeans, a plain black t-shirt, a belt and old trainers. Alex flicked a piece of ham from my sandwich at Carla, who threw a handful of grapes at him, which he dodged. I laughed.

“It’ll be fine with Jamie,” said Alex, turning his attention back to me. “He’s a kid; they don’t stick to things every long.”

“He’s a year younger than me,” I pointed out. “And I stuck at things at that age.”

“Yeah, but that’s you! Jamie is completely your opposite. He’ll get over it, sweetie, I swear.”

“Would you talk to him? I mean, man to man. Find out what his problem his. Please?”

Alex smiled.

“Okay, then. I haven’t spoken to that kid in ages. Last time I spoke to him is two months after you left, when he saw me get together with Jodie. He yelled at me, saying I’d completely forgotten about you.”

He laughed.

“And I’d never do that.”

He grinned at me. I smiled back.

Carla slammed her magazine down.

“See!” she said. “I want that!”

“Want what?” I asked, puzzled.

“I want a boyfriend! Someone to say that to me! Someone to kiss me! Someone to take me to the movies on a date!” She pouted.

I laughed.

“You were seriously in love with Michael before I left,” I said. “What happened?”

You did,” said Carla, pointing a finger at me. “I stopped going out on dates with him to find you! He dumped me a few weeks after you left!”

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault, well, it was, but you get what I mean.”

“Hey,” said Alex, “there’s a great bloke on my football team, Eric Simpson, he’s a great guy, and singer. Want me to say something tonight at football practise?”

“Eric,” said Carla, raising and eyebrow. “Oh, Eric, the tall, muscular one, play’s a defender? Him?”

“Yeah, him.”

“Go on then, he’s cute.”

I scanned the room for him. He was sat next to one of his mates, staring straight at our table.

“Speaking of Eric, he’s staring at us,” I said.

Alex turned in his seat and turned back. Carla’s eyes flickered to her left. She raised her eyebrow again.

“Why is he staring?” I asked.

“Probably ‘cos of you, Chloe,” said Alex.

“Why?” I asked, shocked.

“You went missing for eleven months,” Alex pointed out. “And before you left, you threw Jodie out a window without even touching her apparently.”

I blushed. So people knew there was something wrong with me. I glanced around and saw that at least two or three people on each table were staring at me. I looked down at the wood again and bit my lip. Maybe this had been a bad idea, coming back. I sighed and picked at my sandwich.

Alex’s hand reached forward and lifted my head up with two fingers. He was smiling at me, the opposite to my frown.

“No-one’s going to ask, you know,” he said. “The headmaster said that they can’t and they won’t.”

“Yeah, I know,” I sighed.

I scanned through the minds of everyone in the school. I stopped on Eric.

Maybe I can get some info out of Smith, he thought, still staring at us. He’s going out with her! I’ll ask him tonight, at practise. Mmmm, Carla is looking hot today.

I wrenched myself back into my own head and stared at Alex’s smiling face.

I had put my hair up this morning; it still reached the middle of my back. I flicked the long pony tail to the front of my head and twisted it around with my fingers. Alex let go of my chin and folded his hands on the table. Carla peered at us over her magazine. She grinned wickedly. I knew that look.

“Get this,” she said, putting the magazine down on the table. “I heard that Nickels is on the war path with you two. It’s been going round that she’s thinking of ways of getting you back, Alex. So watch her, she’s very determined.”

Alex and I grinned. I glanced over my shoulder to Jodie, who was sat with her mates, ignoring them and staring at us. I turned back to Alex.

“No chance,” I said before leaning over and kissing him.

Mum was out; she had left a note stuck to the coat stand saying she’d gone shopping. Jamie was home, I could here his music blaring from his speaker system. I sighed and hung my coat and bag up. Now was the time. I kicked off my trainers and grabbed the phone. I dialled hid number and held the phone to my ear.

“Hello,” Alex’s voice said.

“Hey, Alex, it’s Chloe,” I said. “Can you come over and speak to Jamie now, please?”

“Erm, yeah, sure,” Alex said. “Give me five minutes and I’ll be right over.”

I put the phone down and replaced it. I looked up the stairs towards my brother’s white door. I sighed.

Alex arrived five minutes later. It had started raining after lunch (no complaints from me, it got me out of Gym), and his hair was wet. I stood aside to let him in and closed the door.

He pulled off his coat and hung it up. He ran a hand through his wet hair. He smiled at me and kissed me.

“Where is he?” he asked when he broke away.

“In his room,” I told him. “He hasn’t come out since I came home.”

“How long ago was that?”

“Half an hour at least.”

Alex nodded.

“Give me twenty minutes, and then come up,” he said.

I nodded and watched him walk up the stairs. I glanced at my watch. There was a small crack in the glass, a result of the fight I’d had between them. It was half four, at ten to I’d go up and have a look.

I busied myself in the kitchen, making my and Jamie’s tea, I made extra in case Alex wanted some. As the potatoes boiled, I heard the door upstairs slam. I ran into the hallway to see Jamie disappearing out the door. Alex came down the stairs just as the door slammed shut. I sighed and looked at Alex, who was staring at the door.

“You’re not gonna like this,” he muttered.

I sighed again and walked back into the kitchen; Alex followed me in and sat at the table that occupied the middle of the kitchen.

The kitchen was simple: white walls, state-of-the-art stuff and a massive, pine wood table that could seat six, or seven if you pulled out a small section. I sighed and stirred the potatoes. Alex stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist; he rested his chin on my shoulder.

“Tell me,” I said, my eyes on the boiling pot.

“He doesn’t hate you,” said Alex, “he just feels left out. He doesn’t know why you left – like the rest of us – but he feels like you should have taken him with you. He feels betrayed by you, you always stuck together, and when you left he felt like you’d betrayed him. I saw the kid when you left; he came storming round my house to see if you’d gone there, he was a mess. So now he sort of hates you but still loves you. But he can’t understand why you didn’t take him with you.”

I sighed again, so this was why he was in a mood with me. He didn’t even look at me anymore. Alex kissed the side of my neck and I smiled.

“Why did you leave?” Alex asked, his lips still on my neck.

“I can’t say,” I giggled.

“I bet I can make you.”

“You can try!”

He laughed. He kissed my neck again, I giggled.

“What will my parents think if they come in and see you acting like this?” I asked.

“Well, I’m not sure. What will they think?”

“They’d probably ground me and ban me from seeing you.”

“But that wouldn’t stop you?”

“No. I’ve lost you once, and I’m not going to loose you again.”

He grinned against my skin. It tickled. I giggled again.

“You never told me,” I said as he kissed my neck again, “why did Jamie storm out of the house?”

“I asked him if he could talk to you,” Alex mumbled against my skin. “Quite funny, really.”

I laughed.

“That’s Jamie for you,” I said.

I stirred the potatoes and checked on the sausages. Everything was okay. I turned around so I was facing Alex. He was grinning.

“Why the grin?” I asked.

“Nothing,” Alex said, “just smiling. Cant a man smile at his girlfriend anymore?”

I smiled.

“Of course,” I said.

He bent forward and kissed me on the lips; I wrapped my arms around him and pulled myself closer.

The kitchen chair that Alex had sat down on shot across the room and slammed against the wall, leaving a small dent in the wall. I gasped and broke away from the kiss. Had I done that? I’d done that before, but that was when I was mad. I sighed; Alex gave me a funny look. I smiled.

“What was that?” he asked, looking at the chair.

“Must be the wind,” I lied, blushing.

Alex stroked my blushing cheek and grinned.

“You’re lying,” he said.

“I am not,” I said.

“You always blush when you lie, its automatic!”

I grinned. Alex laughed at me. I peeled myself off him and grabbed the chair. I replaced it back at the table and went to check on the dinner.
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:38

Chapter Five:
    Fight.

I sighed. Alex was ill in bed, Carla had gone to the dentist and no-one else was talking to me. I sat at the lunch table, picking at my dinner. The dining room was full of students talking and shouting over each other. I sighed again and picked up my water bottle. I could feel eyes on me, but I ignored them.

It had been a week since I found out what Jamie’s problem with me was. Jodie was still shooting daggers at me. I laughed every time Alex kissed me in front of her, this must be killing her.

I grinned as I replaced my water bottle and popped a grape in my mouth. It was weird, being back at school and learning, but I got over it. I had caught up quickly in class, and my teachers didn’t question me on my absence. The only bad thing was that now everyone wondered where I had gone and my friends weren’t my friends anymore. Something hit the back of my head. I spun around to see Jodie aiming another grape at me.

Time to have some fun, I thought.

I waited ‘til the grape was in mid air, hurtling towards me, then I flicked my fingers, sending it back towards Jodie. I turned just in time to see it hit her in the face. I laughed and grabbed what was left of my lunch before she could throw anything else at me. I walked out the dining room, still grinning. I walked out into the courtyard. Some students that had finished their dinner already gave me some weird looks but I ignored them.

The doors opened and Jodie came storming out, followed by some of her mates. I grinned and stood waiting for her.

“Freak!” she yelled at me.

She still had pieces of grape stuck to her, I smiled.

“You freak!” she said as she came level to me. “I’m gonna kill you.”

I took my bag off and put it on the ground behind me. I stood their, my arms by my side.

“Bring it on!” I challenged.

Jodie took a step back, no-one normally took up her threats and jibes, but I’d have enough.

“I said ‘bring it on’,” I repeated. “Come on, I’ll even let you throw the first punch.”

I grinned as her friends stepped away from her. More kids were coming out, some stood near, watching me and Jodie. Jodie stepped forward and brought her arms up; her hands were balled into fists. I grinned.

Right hook, right hook, right hook, she chanted in her mind.

She swung, and I ducked. I lashed out with my own fist, driving it into her stomach. She stepped back, doubled over, I’d winded her. I grinned. She stood up straight and swung again, this time it was aimed at my stomach. I stepped to the side and hooked my foot around her ankle, I pulled. Jodie lost her balance and fell down. She jumped back up and held up her fists again. I grinned. I looked quickly to my left as I heard a car pull up. It was black and massive, a Jaguar at least. My heart missed a beat. They’d found me!

Jodie took advantage of my distraction and punched me in the face. I fell to the ground as she laughed. I jumped to my feet and lashed out again, my fist connected with her stomach again. She lashed out at me; I stepped backwards and spun around. I drove my elbow into her face, then lifted my fist and punched her in the nose. I heard and felt it snap underneath my knuckles. Blood poured out of her nose; she stepped backwards, cradling it. I lowered my arms and stood there.

“Don’t mess with me, Jodie,” I snarled. “Or I’ll do more than break your nose next time.”

She whimpered at me and ran into the school, holding her nose, her friends ran after her.

I turned back to the car; it was still there, watching me. I sighed. So they’d found me again. Great! I groaned. A black Volvo pulled up behind it and Carla climbed out. She waved to her Mum and ran towards me as I picked up my bag.

She took one look at my bloody face – Jodie’s punch at made my nose bleed – and grinned.

“Been fighting, have we?” she asked.

“Only with someone who needed a good punch in the face,” I said, turning from the car to look at her.

“Let me guess: Jodie Nickels?”

I nodded. “Got it in one,” I grinned.

“Come on,” she said, rolling her eyes. “Let’s stop that nose and clean you up.”

I let her drag me into the school, but only after I looked at the car one more time. It had disappeared.

The headmaster called me and Jodie from our fifth class. I grinned as me and Jodie sat outside his office. My nose had stopped bleeding, but I could feel a bruise forming around my eye. Jodie looked even worse. She’d gone to the nurse and she’d patched up her nose, but in only an hour two black eyes had formed and her whole nose was broken. She had a weird plaster over it, I resisted the urge to point and laugh at her. She didn’t look at me; she just stared at the wall.

The headmaster called us into his office. Jodie waited ‘til I’d gone through the door before getting up and following me. She was crying, probably thinking about her looks, which were now ruined.

“What happened?” Mr. Greaves asked.

Jodie opened her mouth to speak, I got there before her.

“I was having lunch when Jodie here threw food at me,” I explained. “I threw a grape at her and left before it could get any worse. She followed me and threatened me, so I told her bring it on. She could have backed out but she choose to take up my offer and I broke her nose.”

“Not true!” Jodie said. “She threatened me! I tried to run but she punched me.”

I laughed.

“That’s pathetic!” I said. “Sir, my version of the events is true. There were a few students about before we started fighting, most of the older bunch, ask them.”

“I will, Chloe,” Mr. Greaves said. “Now, go back to your classes, I’ll sort this out later.”

I grinned and walked out the room, with Jodie following me.

“Watch it, Chloe,” she growled at me. “I’m gonna get my own back!”

“Why don’t I break your arm now,” I suggested. “Saves me time later. I told you, Jodie, don’t mess with me. I bet you still haven’t figured out how I threw you from the class room and out the window without touching?”

From the look on her face, she hadn’t.

“I’ll take that as a no!”

I started walking again. I was grinning as I entered my class again.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:46

Good chapters. Is Jamie an EH too?
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:47

Maybe.
    *Taps nose*
    I'm not telling.
    ItsAGibbo
    ItsAGibbo
    HOLLY

Post by ItsAGibbo Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 19:52

Chapter Six:
    Followed.

The black Jaguar followed me everywhere. It sat outside my house when I was in, it sat outside of my school when I was there, and it even followed me to the cinema when Alex took me on a date. I started to worry after a week; they’d attack me again sometime soon, I waited for that day, waiting for the day when I’d have to fight for my life again!

Me, Alex and Carla were sat in the kitchen. Carla was reading her magazine again whilst me and Alex talked about the book we had to read in English.

“It’s a classic, Alex,” I told him, holding up the book: Romeo and Juliet.

“I know,” said Alex, “but I’ve read it before. Why do I need to read it again?”

“The last time you read that book you were ten,” I reminded him. “You won’t remember anything for the test. And the test won’t be just about the key points; it’ll be on the whole book.”

I put the book on the table and sighed.

“I’m not saying it’ll only be the key points,” Alex said. “I’m saying I remember enough of the book to get by.”

“Shouldn’t you just read it again; just to be sure you’re ready for this test?” I asked.

“Chloe, stop worrying, I’ve got it all covered.”

Carla smirked at us from behind her magazine.

“So,” I said, turning my attention to her, “how are things going with Eric?”

Carla and Eric had got together a few days after Alex spoke to Eric about her. Carla lowered her magazine and grinned at us.

“Everything is going fine,” she told us. “Thank you for asking.”

“Have you got past the ‘first kiss’ stage yet?”

Carla blushed.

“We might have,” she admitted.

I grinned.

“God, you got there faster than me and Alex,” I said. “It took us almost a month to get to that stage at first, remember Alex?”

Alex nodded.

“It was funny, she wanted to kiss me, but was too embarrassed to, and I wanted to kiss her, but was too embarrassed to,” he told Carla.

I looked out of one of the windows in the dining hall; it faced the front car park. I saw the black Jaguar there still; it had followed me from my house this morning. I sighed and Alex looked at me weird.

“What’s up?” he asked.

Carla had picked up her magazine again, but she peered at me over the top.

“Nothing,” I told them. “Just a little bored.”

“Bored?” Alex grinned. “How can you be bored with me around?”

I grinned.

“I have no idea,” I told him, “but I’m only slightly bored.”

Alex winked at me.

We walked into our English class. Carla went to sit at the front, next to her other friend while I dragged Alex to an empty seat at the back of the class. I pulled out my books and note pan while Alex peered at my copy of Romeo and Juliet. I smiled at him and jotted down notes on the last lesson, so if I forgot the answers or needed picking up I could just look. I sighed and placed my palm on my cheek, planting my elbow on the table.

The lesson was a boring one. I sat there, staring at the board, thinking of what me and Alex could do tonight. I thought about staying at home – Mum had gone to see my Nana who was ill in hospital, Dad had gone on this work trip thing, and Jamie was sleeping over at a mates. So I had the whole house to myself. I thought about maybe renting a movie and sitting down with some popcorn. I slipped a note to Alex, telling him about my plan. He wrote back and said it sounded nice.

Carla caught up with us when the lesson ended. We headed towards the front gates.

“So, what you doing this weekend?” she asked.

“Well, my parents are out all weekend and so is Jamie, so I’ve got the whole house to myself,” I told her. “And before you even think it, no party’s!”

She frowned.

“What’s the point in having the whole house to your self and not throwing a party?” she muttered.

“Don’t do that to me, no party’s, full stop.”

Carla pouted. I rolled my eyes and grinned at Alex when he laughed.

We reached the front gates, I stopped. The black Jaguar was still there, waiting for me, watching me. I sighed and walked on, quicker than Alex or Carla, they had to run to catch up with me.

“Chloe, what’s wrong?” Alex asked me, his arm wrapped around my waist.

“Nothing,” I lied. “Just in a hurry to get home.”

“Why?” Carla asked. “No-one’s there!”

“So I can clean my bedroom, my mum’s gonna ground me if she comes back to find it a mess still.”

Alex laughed at me, Carla frowned.

I heard an engine start and I looked around. The black Jaguar had started its engines and it was slowly following us through the after school traffic. I resisted the urge to fling it away using my powers, like I would have usually done. I turned back at Alex and Carla and sighed again. They both looked at me, then at each other. They didn’t say anything but their thoughts were on the same wave length.

Next chapter, Attack and Death, should be done by the weekend if I get chance to write it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 15:46