Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

2 posters

The Night of the Doctor

anonymousidentity20k
    anonymousidentity20k
    Mystery Man
    Mystery Man

The Night of the Doctor Empty The Night of the Doctor

Post by anonymousidentity20k Tue 10 Dec 2013 - 14:58

What did you think to the mini episode that is the precursor to 'The Day of the Doctor' starring Paul McGann in his first live action appearance as the eighth since the movie of 1996? I for one loved it a fantastic way to celebrate a massively overlooked doctor whose big finish audio work is absolutely incredible and with a nod to the fourth doctor story 'The Brain of Morbius' through the Sisterhood of Karn. A brilliant tie in to the classic series all in all could not have asked for a better DW present haha Very Happy I also enjoyed 'The Last Day' seeing the Time Lords preparing their defence moments before the Fall of Arcadia would begin Very Happy 
    The Little Lebowski
    The Little Lebowski

The Night of the Doctor Empty Re: The Night of the Doctor

Post by The Little Lebowski Mon 16 Dec 2013 - 21:58

I enjoyed seeing Paul McGann as the doctor again but the short was a waste. I thought the visual effects were pretty bad, I know the budget for a web short will be low but that was just another reason to hate it. If they were going to bother doing it they should have done it properly and included it as a scene in the special. I know the appearance of another classic doctor in the actual episode would have meant a lot more to the fans, though I bet most fans were glad just to see him at all.
    anonymousidentity20k
    anonymousidentity20k
    Mystery Man
    Mystery Man

Post by anonymousidentity20k Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 21:57

To be honest I do fall into the category of fans that were just glad to see the return of Paul McGann on screen especially after the great work he's done with Big Finish on establishing the Eighth Doctor's wider mythology and am a bit annoyed that we couldn't see the whole regeneration due to the budget but I think what annoyed me most (and I know this will possibly annoy some of you) but the whole 'man or woman' choice in terms of regeneration just annoys me looking at a simple genetic level the sex of a creature goes down to the makeup of its DNA now if the Time Lord/Lady in question is able to attain the same memories and even similar traits as their previous incarnations then their gender must be even harder to change than just an external appearance you would literally be saying they unmake themselves only to remake themselves when changing from man to woman now we are obviously aware that teeth, ears, legs and even kidneys can be easily altered just think of the amount of pain the Time Lord/lady would be in should they be growing or losing a womb during the process of regeneration the whole concept is simply to heal the dead cells of the Time Lord who has effectively been killed and simply restoring them but in a fashion that changes their appearance randomly (now I stress random since if it were and cross gender regeneration were as easy as implied then the odds that the doctor remaining male for every single regeneration must be extremely low almost inconceivable odds) and simply explaining it away as 'It's Doctor Who anything can happen' is pathetic now since the Sisterhood of Karn are immensely powerful that we don't even know their full power since we only know their abilities are said to rival the Time Lords if not exceed them I can concede they would be able to allow such a change but in the grand scheme of things regarding regeneration I do believe that without the interference of an external factor a Time Lord would be unable to change their sex through regeneration otherwise it would have happened a long time ago Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 11:03