Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+3
Wayward Daughter
MATTYGUY
Enochian
7 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 11 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 22:24

The hours flew by, caught in combat, caught in the web of attacks and shields and fire. Over and over Dier felt like he was about to fall to exhaustion, but he kept dragging up new strength from somewhere. Just to stay alive. To survive, second by second. He wouldn't die like this, not so, not like his father had.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 22:30

Aira heard something, she strained her ears. It sounded like wings, feathered wings. Aira looked around a noticed a small dot in the distance, the dot was growing. It was growing and growing in size until it took the shape of a normal Camalotian bird. It flew over her head and landed on top of a hedge row in the lane next to her. Aira walked towards it, curious.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 22:32

He wouldn't, he determined, forcing himself to stay on his feet, keep on fighting. He noticed an attack coming from the side, and threw up a deflection to block it. Another attack, dodged, fatal energy barely missing him. There'd been thousands or even millions of those, and there was no sign of them ceasing.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 0:14

The bird flew to the next lane and then the next, Aira following it wondering what it was leading her to. She knew in the pit of her stomach it wasn't going to be good, she knew she would probably be walking straight into the lion's mouth but something about the bird made her want to follow it, something about the bird made her feel safe, so she continued to follow it.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 0:29

Aira walked and walked, there seemed to be no end to the walking. The bird flew on and on, lane to lane, it seemed pleased she was following it. At last the bird landed and didn't fly off. Aira moved up to it and saw before her an apple tree with golden apples hanging from the branches. They looked delicious, not a single one had any bruises or any discolouring. The bird squawked, 'Eat the apples, SQUAWK, eat the apples, SQUAWK'.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 0:34

Aira walked cautiously up to the apples, they did look REALLY nice. They didn't look harmful or poisonous in any way but Aira knew they must be, why else would they be there? She shook her head a took a step back but the bird squawked ever louder, 'EAT THE APPLES, squawk, EAT THE APPLES'.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 0:45

Aira turned, tearing her eyes from the succulent looking apples. She took a few steps until her resolve failed her, they really did look tasty. She took a peak at them. NO! she thought, I will NOT be tempted by a few apples on a tree. Though she couldn't take another step, the thought of them was too alluring.

Aira made a snap decision and, speaking the word in the language of the Old Religion, shouted 'FIRE!'. Aira's eyes glowed golden and the tree was instantly engulfed flames. The flames though were weak and the power of the tree was strong. Aira then saw something that she had never seen before. The apple tree, made from wood, could not be burnt by flames. Instead the flames sizzled out and left a black burnt patch of grass surrounding the untouched tree.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 1:00

Suddenly, the ground began to shake. It began to shake so violently it was if the earth itself was angry at what Aira had done. The apples on the tree faded from their pristine golden colour to rotting corpses of once beautiful forms. The leaves on the tree began to wither and die. The branches began to sag.

Then the tree moved.

It moved up out of the ground, growing to an abnormal height. The branches became elongated and thicker, the branches curled into themselves like many little fists. Still the tree grew taller and soon it was twice the height it was before. Then the trunk shifted round and Aira gasped.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 1:11

The trunk of the tree now resembled a face, a withered and very angry face. It's eyes were laid solely on Aira's, it never blinked. It opened it's large mouth slowly, it was if the tree struggled to do so. Aira's heart beating fast, Aira turned and ran. The labyrinth though, had other ideas. The hedges closed over her path leaving her trapped with the hellish being. Aira cried out to the ancient powers of the world, to save one of its own, to save one blessed with the powers to shape the world to her own liking, to save her, Aira, from certain death.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 1:20

No answer came. The tree screeched a such a high pitched scream it almost burst Aira's eardrums. Inside voice tree thing, use your inside voice!. Then it came to Aira, her magical voice! The voice in which she could contact any magical creature with her mind.

Aira reached out to the tree with her mind, and sent a urgent apology to it. Though what Aira got back was strange.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 1:28

Lightning, lightning kills me. Lightning, lightning kills me. Lightning, lightning kills me. Over and over again like a recording it said, Lightning, lightning kills me. Aira was confused, why would it tell her how to kill it? Meanwhile, the tree continued as if this exchange never happened. The scream got more and more high pitched until Aira certainly did feel as though she would die. The scream weakened her, it weakened her resolve and power. Her body seemed to be trying to fight off it's magical power. Only Emerus could control lightning like that, I'm only a simple sorcerer, how could I make lightning, and more importantly, control it?
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 1:47

Aira's ears felt on the verge of bursting, she was brought down to her knees, the power too overwhelming for her. Aira searched all the recesses of her body, drumming up all the power she had left, all power was to be used, all strength to be sapped from her limbs. Thinking, Aira couldn't recall the word for lightning, why would she ever had needed it? She never would have believed that she would ever have found herself in this situation. Still, Aira had to believe that the word would be on her tongue as she released the energy, she had to believe it.

Aira stood, all her energy and power at her fingertips and this time, her iris's were not the only parts of her eyes that glowed golden, her entire eyes glistened golden, power oozing from them, 'JULKAE HEUCN!' she screamed. Her throat went hoarse, her eyes generated such a light that it lit up the entire area and the force of her voice sent a shockwave of energy throughout the entire labyrinth.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 2:05

Everything went blank. Aira fell to her knees and was unconscious before her head hit the ground.

It could have been seconds. It could have been hours. It could have been days. Eventually, Aira's eyelids pulled themselves open and promptly shut again. Aira pushed them back open and kept them there, concentrating hard on doing so. She looked around. It was bright. She turned her head to either side of her to get a good look around. No hedges, no lanes, no crazy killer apple trees, no labyrinth! She was out!

Aira pulled herself up, feeling a new lease of life flooding her veins. She couldn't believe it, she was out of it! She was out of that place! Aira couldn't help but laugh, but what came out was a pathetic cough. She must have lost her voice after the spell. I wonder if it worked? Doubtful though, I don't even think those were the right words, I think they meant green cheese or something... She laughed in her inside voice at herself and revelled in her happiness.
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 9:45

Blizzard giggle slightly. "But I can't go back, I don't know how to rule a kingdom."

The loyal air dragon bowed. "But we need you. We can't do anything without our king and if we don't have anyone then we don't have a reason."

"A reason for what?"

"To continue." The air dragon gulped.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 12:48

Noticing that Hope had been cut off from him and was by now nearing the other side of the field, he turned his horse to head towards her. They'd been fighting for hours. It had to have been enough time to let Nam sneak past, because they couldn't afford to buy her much more. They had to try to get out of this soon, before he'd end up exhausted. He projected this to Hope, seeing her expression of shock for a second, before she nodded. They both turned back to fighting, this time trying to battle their way back together, battle their way out of this.
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 19:10

(i know i may seem a bit ditzy but what is this main SL baddy or who is he/she and what do they intend to do?)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 19:15

(He/she is the person who took Aira and trapped her in that maze. That's all we know so far. That, and that he or she will be attempting to take over and just being generally evil)
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 19:26

(so does he/she get involved with the other charys then or do we go off and do our own thing and tie into it or not? :/ im not really sure you see.)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 19:35

(I think he will, eventually. Sin's just taking her time introing him)
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 21:09

(oh, ok thanks Smile)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 21:56

He forced himself to forget Hope, and focus only on getting out alive himself. She could look after herself, anyway. All Elementae could. Forcing each second as it came, he struggled on keeping his defences up, and breaking a pathway out of the battlefield. It felt like it took an age, but they'd finally escaped. Still he couldn't give into exhaustion. He drove their horses ever onwards, turning back to forge more shields and deception charms and disguises. They couldn't afford to leave any trail at all.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 22:49

Hours later, they finally felt that they had gotten enough distance to be able to rest. That, and they felt too exhausted to stumble ahead much longer. Tiredly, Dier dismounted, reined in his horse, set up the camp and cast all the concealment and protective charms. Hope was watching him all the while. Her eyes never left her. He couldn't quite read the expression on her face.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 23:00

She swallowed, finally noticing that he'd noticed her watching.

Thank you, she whispered quietly. I'd have died if you hadn't joined me there.

He stared. What else could he have done?! Surely she didn't believe that they could have simply abandoned her there. She was against thousands. She'd have died, she wouldn't have stood a chance.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 22:02

I just wanted to express my gratitude, she added, as the silence wore on, and he continued to stare speechlessly.

You.... you don't have to..... I couldn't have done anything else.

She half-smiled.

Yes you could have. You could have abandoned me, and not risked yourself. But I sense you have too much honour to do so.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 23:02

You could call it that, he smiled, an edge of a laugh to his tone. Honour, or duty.

Ever the bloodwitch, then, it seems, she commented. He nodded, being almost proud of the way he embraced his kindred. Those qualities were good ones, as he saw.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 17:30