Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 1 - Redemption And Revenge

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 1 - Redemption And Revenge - Page 13 Empty Re: World 1 - Redemption And Revenge

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 20:37

I don't know what to do about that, she added. With anyone else, I'd say that I'd just have to leave her grieve.... but it's Molly....

You're worried about what this is reminding her of, he guessed.

I don't know what I'd do if she ever mentioned that she's the same.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

World 1 - Redemption And Revenge - Page 13 Empty Re: World 1 - Redemption And Revenge

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 21:04

Eoin winced at that. It was an idea he hadn't considered. But he could see where Molly would get that impression.

She hasn't gotten past that, has she? he asked quietly.

I don't know if she ever fully will, Sinead confessed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 15:52

He sighed, shaking his head at that. Poor Molly.... he'd known, really, that he'd been being optimistic in hoping that she'd be coping with this. He knew how he'd have reacted if something like this had been revealed about Rooreru, even from the start.

Her psychologist's tried talking to her about it but she keeps bottling up, Sinead added. Either that or in denial - keeps mentioning that there must be something we've missed. We've tried pointing out to her that the Company would have checked everything....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 16:54

We did, Eoin reassured her. His tone was hollow, though. The question was reminding him of how he'd first reacted when he'd heard, searching in vain for some kind of loophole or innocent explanation. There'd been none to find.

I know, she sighed. I just don't know what else to say, or do. And I don't like feeling so helpless.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 20:57

He wished he could argue against that. He wished he could tell her that she wasn't helpless, that none of them were. And he wished that if he did, it wouldn't be a lie. Because it would be. They were all helpless, in their own ways. He couldn't have failed to notice how his wife was fleeing from this, just like he'd fled from his own feelings of guilt after her death. She held herself responsible for not spotting this sooner, and stopping it - for not somehow saving her brother from himself.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 21:50

Molly, meanwhile, was busy trying to argue and persuade her way past New Company guards. This had to be about the tenth one, now. And each one seemed to be taking ages to convince.... what did they think she'd do?! Let him out? The idea was insane, as was their paranoia here. Finally, this last one did let her through, and she walked through the door, shivering at its heavy metallic clang as it closed. She found herself face to face with her boyfriend's cell.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 22:43

Shakily, she walked up until she was face against the glass, but he barely reacted to her presence. He just lifted his head a little.

Why did you do it? she asked, pressing the button to let them communicate through the cell.

Why did I do what? his reply was nonchalant almost. He didn't seem to care at all.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 23:54

That nonchalance was what hurt the most. It rang right through her. How own kills had stung her, had made her feel so worthless and guilty.... how could he be like that? Completely uncaring?! It made her want to scream.

You know what, she answered through gritted teeth. The.... the kills.

He grinned like an idiot. The expression really seemed to light up his face.

Because I could.... and because it was fun.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 23:55

Immediately, she shook her head, her face horrified. She looked nauseaous, now. And she felt it, too.

You don't mean that.... she whispered. You can't mean that.... no one thinks like that, no one can be that sick.... It isn't fun....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 20:43

Guess I'm the only exception, then, he grinned at her. Without warning, that manic smile brought tears to her eyes. Because it wasn't manic, really, not from sight. He looked exactly the same. Turning away, she raced out of the cell block, trying to escape.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 18:10

She'd fled straight out of the building, paying no attention to the startled looks or questions of the agents as she passed them. She didn't think she could explain. What had she been hoping for anyway, in going down there? Some sort of explanation? A justification? There was none to be given. And what she'd gotten instead had just made the matter worse. Remembering his smile, and the sick joy in his voice as he'd talked, she shuddered.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 13:18

Surprised Sad Sad
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 18:19

(Is this reminding you of anything/can you guess what inspired me yet?)

Returning back home, she'd tried to tell herself to forget about it - forget about him - but it wasn't easy. Sometimes she thought that the grin she'd seen was haunting her. She shuddered again. Why had he gotten like that? Or had he always been? How hadn't she seen - how hadn't anyone seen? He'd seemed so nice, so caring.... so normal. Not a maniacal, cold blooded killer who was even worse than her.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 21:23

(Yes, but for the life of me I can't think what! Oh my God..)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 21:28

Adam became fast friends with Alcott, the two became somewhat separated from the rest of the employees the way they always seemed to be in hysterics when others tried to talk to them. He appreciated his new friend, finding that it made work a lot more entertaining to be constantly sending his secretary crude and badly photoshopped photographs of silly inside jokes.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 21:43

( Smile )
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 23:20

Wayward Daughter wrote:(Is this reminding you of anything/can you guess what inspired me yet?)

Returning back home, she'd tried to tell herself to forget about it - forget about him - but it wasn't easy. Sometimes she thought that the grin she'd seen was haunting her. She shuddered again. Why had he gotten like that? Or had he always been? How hadn't she seen - how hadn't anyone seen? He'd seemed so nice, so caring.... so normal. Not a maniacal, cold blooded killer who was even worse than her.

Knowing that she shouldn't be thinking like that, she tried to go on and bury herself in activity so that she couldn't think. For about a week, that worked. She was easily distracted, however, and she knew that she really was just burying. After that week had passed, her adoptive parents snapped and forced her to attend her next psych session - she'd been skipping each once since she'd heard of Keitaro.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 23:21

Her pain of a psychologist hadn't waited even 10 minutes before he'd raised the topic. He seemed to ignore how she grimaced at the mention and tried to change the subject.

What if I don't want to talk about it?! she snapped. It's not fair.... everyone I trust seems to end up like that.... is everyone like that?! Does anyone even care?!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 23:30

Shaking, she didn't realise as her angry words brought tears to her eyes, as the words poured and poured. She was almost screaming.

And why me?! Am I a magnet to this kind of crap? It's.... it's.... I don't know... I.... she broke off again, trembling under the force of her words.

I went to see him last week, she admitted. I hoped that if I'd speak with him, I'd find some sort of explanation.... or closure.... it didn't work. It... it was worse. He was so....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 23:31

What were you hoping for? he asked calmly. She shook her head.

I don't know.... I guess I didn't really think it through. I just wanted to find some glimpse of remorse or sadness in him. I was thinking that if I could see that - if he was like I'd been - then maybe it'd be ok....

Was there anything?

She shook her head.

No.... he was completely different....
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 14:09

(World 1 - Redemption And Revenge - Page 13 183313)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 17:20

Shaking her head again, she wiped her eyes, and apologised for her outburst, despite her psychologist saying there was no need. She sighed. That question was a good one, really - what had she been expecting? What had she been looking for? Whatever it was, she was certain she hadn't had even a hope of finding it.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:41

(Sad)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:46

She left soon afterwards, feeling completely emotionally drained. The same questions kept echoing in her mind, and she didn't know what to do with them. She just didn't know what to do, full stop. It'd only been recently that she'd started getting to grips with her past, and now life was throwing this at her.....
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 21:22

(World 1 - Redemption And Revenge - Page 13 183313)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 19:04