Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 1 - Redemption And Revenge

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 1 - Redemption And Revenge - Page 26 Empty Re: World 1 - Redemption And Revenge

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 8 Aug 2013 - 22:00

His eyes remained closed, but they began flickering rapidly underneath his eyelids. Molly held her breath, watching. What was he seeing? Was he seeing what he needed?

What is it?! she asked, despite herself. Keitaro didn't react. He didn't seem to hear her.

His eye-flickering quickened, moving faster and faster. Different expressions fled across his face so swiftly that she couldn't identify them. His eyes widened, still shut. Suddenly he moved forwards, nearly stumbled. His eyes flew open.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

World 1 - Redemption And Revenge - Page 26 Empty Re: World 1 - Redemption And Revenge

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 10:31

I've found a way, he answered, grinning widely. He didn't explain more. He just relocated away. She rolled her eyes at that, muttered a comment that he could have surely spared a second to share the plan, and sat down to wait.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 17:29

He disappeared, and reappeared in a leafy suburb on the opposite side of the country. He was standing on the porch in front of one house, identical to all of the neighbouring ones. He rang the doorbell, and was answered almost immediately.

Yes? the man asked. Can I help you?

Keitaro recognised him at once. It was the same face he'd seen in his final successful vision.

I hope so, he answered.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 22:40

How? he replied. He was genuinely asking how he could help.

You have a power, don't you? You can... make things different?

He nodded.

Yeah, I can change fate...

I need you to change someone's fate for me. Make him not have been fated to die.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 12:03

Who do you want me to save? he asked.

His name was Eoin Connell. He died about six months ago... is it still possible?

He asked, even with the vision's guidance, because he couldn't truly believe that he'd finally succeeded. The man nodded though. He focused, looking away. Keitaro resisted the urge to ask if it was working. He just used Eoin's own power and concentrated on this being a success, instead.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 22:10

That wait felt like an age. Finally though, the man's expression altered, and Keitaro could tell from the decrease in focus that he'd finished.

It's done, he announced.

Thank you, Keitaro replied, automatically. He looked around as if expecting Eoin to appear alive right in front of them. But then he realised that he didn't know if that was what would happen. Maybe he'd appear back home instead, or where he'd been killed, or where he'd been buried. Keitaro just teleported away. He'd learn of his success soon enough, he suspected.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 23:01

Eoin was disorientated, at first. He'd suddenly appeared in the living area of their apartment, vanished from the house where his earlier mission had been, with no explanation but for a strange echo of pain in his neck. He more than suspected that he was missing something. Calling out, he found that no one was at home. However, moments later, Aito suddenly relocated in. His son grinned and raced right over at him. He hugged him, babbling so quickly that Eoin couldn't understand a word, then vanished again.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 27 Aug 2013 - 23:03

Rooreru was just changing at the end of her shift, preparing to go back home, when Aito appeared in front of her. She frowned. He was supposed to be with his gran until she went to pick him up.

What are you doing here, Aito? she asked, lifting him up into her arms. He grinned.

Daddy's back!!

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 17:01; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 17:00

Those words made her freeze. At first she couldn't believe them; she must have misheard. Her son just kept on grinning.

What did you say? she asked in a whisper.

Daddy's back! he repeated. Before she could respond any more, he'd taken hold of her hand and relocated them both back to the apartment.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 18:55

At first, all she could do was stare. Her sheer disbelief was written all over her face. Then Aito relocated away from her arms, jumping over to his father, and Eoin just smiled at her. Then her emotional barriers snapped. She was running over to him, throwing her arms around him, shaking with emotion and tears of joy flowing from her eyes.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 21:32; edited 2 times in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 19:08

You're back, you're back, you're back, she whispered, over and over, clinging to him like he was her liferaft in a storm.

I don't even know what happened, he admitted.

She hesitated. She didn't want to tell him, she didn't want to even say the words. And yet... he'd have to know. He would find out. For a start, he'd notice the time gap. And the way everyone would react upon seeing him.

You died.... it was months ago.... someone broke your neck...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 21:29

He winced at that. She noticed that he, seemingly subconsciously, raised a hand to the back of his neck. Almost as if he could still feel an echo of the injury.

How did I get back, then? he asked. How did I get saved?

I've no idea...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 23:03

He shook his head, and just held them both closer. The question of how didn't matter. Not compared to the fact that he had somehow been saved. Realising that his wife was still weeping in her joy, he gently swept the tears away with his fingers. She smiled faintly.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 23:25

They stayed that way for what felt like an age. Eventually though, Rooreru loosened her grip, took a step back.

I suppose we should start letting other people know you're back, she stated. He nodded.

I'll go over to Mom's and then Sean and Sinead's.

Aito and I will go tell Keitaro then.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 23:00

Picking up her son again, she headed for the door. She couldn't help but glance back at Eoin then, pausing. She couldn't quite believe that it was true. She left, and drove the short distance to her brother's home, rang the doorbell. He answered promptly.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 23:04

There was a huge, almost smug grin on Keitaro's face as he answered. Rooreru had to push away a suspicion that her brother somehow already knew.

Eoin's back alive! she announced ecstatically. He barely reacted. You knew?

Her brother didn't react to that either. He didn't need to.

How though....? Did you....?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 17:25

She broke off then. Her words were choking her. Silently, she just threw her arms around her brother in thanks, tears of joy blinding her as she did so. He chuckled as he hugged her back.

Yeah I did, he admitted. I had to. I couldn't leave you and Aito like that.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 21:35

She calmed down enough to let go, wipe her eyes.

Thank you, she whispered again, her voice more normal sounding now. How did you do it?

Her brother grinned proudly.

I've been trying for months, he explained. I copied an ability which gives visions from Liz, to help guide me. It took me ages to learn to control it. I did eventually though - and I saw myself visiting some man who can alter fate, and asking him to change Eoin's fate so that he shouldn't have died. That was why we couldn't save him before. He'd been fated to die.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 23:30

Thank you, she replied again, lost for words. He'd been searching for months? All this time, since Eoin's death, without saying a word? And she knew why he hadn't mentioned it too - he didn't want to raise her hopes before knowing that he wouldn't dash them.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 22:58

Eoin had driven to Sean and Sinead's home, but one he arrived, he froze. He just stood there on the porch. He didn't ring the doorbell or make any move to draw attention to himself. How could he? How could he explain any of this, just say he was back? The second he'd began actually thinking of that, he'd been paralysed. The choice was taken out of his hands, however. Sean had noticed the outline of a figure outside. He'd gone to see. Now, he'd just opened the door, and he was just staring in shock at his revived cousin in law.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 14:55

How....? Sean gasped. Eoin smiled, nearly laughing.

I've no idea, he admitted. I just appeared in our apartment.

But you... know?

Eoin nodded.

Rooreru told me, he answered. And I remember it, or parts of it, vaguely.... I just don't know who or what saved me.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 16:11

Wow, he commented, smiling. They both headed into the house, and Sean offered to get Eoin a drink while he called for Sinead. When she entered the room, and saw him, she stared just like her husband had earlier.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 19:40

Yeah, I'm back, he commented, grinning. Quickly he gave the same explanation as he'd given to Sean, how he had no real idea of how he'd just reappeared in his home.

That's brilliant! she exclaimed, smiling, before running over to hug him.

When did you have your kid then? he asked.

Only a few days ago - and they're twins again. 2 boys. Adair and Farrell.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 22:51

She got to her feet and headed to the nursery, bringing the twins in for him to meet. She handed Adair to him. The boy had been feigning sleep, but when he sensed his location changing, he opened green eyes to look up at him.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 23:15

He spent a few hours with their family, before saying goodbye and heading over to his mother's apartment. Again, he spent a few hours with Aislinn. She kept repeating over and over that she couldn't believe it, that it had to be a miracle. It was late evening before he returned home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 23:26