Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 24 Mar 2012 - 23:40

Sitting at the booth in the corner had proved useless. No matter how hard he focused, he couldn't be certain if it was the same girl - Lou had said blonde and she was blonde.. They definitely looked the same, but this was four beers in from a distance. He finished the fifth beer and approached her, taking the next to her at the bar.

Want to come back to mine and I'll show you my superpower?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 24 Mar 2012 - 23:42

The future? he frowned, remembering how the other had claimed to be from there, before killing him. I nodded.

After my future self changed time by killing you, I found I could remember it all perfectly.... that's stayed even after I changed it again.

What happens? he asked.

They find out about us.... the public do. And they don't react well. Originally, you'd thought it'd been because of you losing control, but it had to be something more, because it kept happening.... it's still happening....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 24 Mar 2012 - 23:42

Mrs P Sylar wrote:Sitting at the booth in the corner had proved useless. No matter how hard he focused, he couldn't be certain if it was the same girl - Lou had said blonde and she was blonde.. They definitely looked the same, but this was four beers in from a distance. He finished the fifth beer and approached her, taking the next to her at the bar.

Want to come back to mine and I'll show you my superpower?

( lol! cute, rose Very Happy )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 22:03

I didn't fight the giggle that burst from my lips. It was only when I looked up at him, really looked at him that I knew my answer. I wasn't sure if it was purely physical attraction or if I really did think he could be like me.. Only if it's a cool power, I responded.

He chuckled too, knowing my answer was a yes but there was another expression on his face judging by the grin - it wasn't smug.. or maybe it was. Victorious, joyful? Feeling slightly flattered by this, I grinned back I'm Owain, he introduced. He tried not to think about how surreal it was that they were only meeting now when they had already met.

Lou.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 22:19

(*can't help grinning*)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 22:21

What loss of control? he cut across my babbling, his tone slightly afraid. I grimaced.

That's why I chose today for this meeting.... it was supposed to be today....

He asked again, but I just shook my head, refusing to answer. He didn't need to know the full details. He didn't need that burden. I had enough memories of seeing it crush him, without seeing it in reality.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 19:00

Sad Sad

Wow, I was thinking you looked like a Lou, he commented, unable to resist it. There was a slight lull in conversation as Owain tried to wrap his head around the idea that he had only met future her

So, tell me, Owain. What's this power you were boasting about? I inquired. He chuckled

I can't show you in public.. he said. He didn't need to finish the sentence before I hopped out of my seat.

One second, I just need to go and brag to my friend that I pulled before he did, I said. Owain laughed as I walked over to where Asher was sitting Heyer, Asher. I just came to gloat that I wasn't even trying and I pulled before you did.

Asher opened his mouth to either retort or say goodbye but I began to walk away. I looked at the girl he was sitting next and couldn't resist I told you you would never pull with herpes..
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 19:48

What can we do then, against this future? he asked eventually, after giving up on the earlier question. I sighed. That was another I couldn't answer, but this time, because I didn't know myself.

I don't know.... I've been trying to work it out ever since I began remembering, and I'm clueless.... if they already know about us, then I don't know how they found out....

Hang on, "us"? How do I get into this? How am I involved?

I couldn't suppress a grin.

You say that as if nothing weird's ever happened around you, I commented. He shook his head, but I knew it was a lie. I could remember his future self admitting to having beamed previously. Proving it was as simple as remembering - just reaching out, borrowing the ability, beaming a short distance then seeing the look of incredulity before returning it. Still saying that?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 22:09

How did you do that? he asked shakily. There was a sheer look of incredulity on his face, and I was struggling not to laugh at it, at him. It wasn't disbelief though. He'd recognised what I'd done; he just couldn't comprehend how I had it too.

It's simple enough, I answered. Borrowing the powers of others is one of mine. I just borrowed that, and returned it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 22:31

I've got it back, now? he asked, just checking. I nodded. After that, he remained silent for a while, the fact that he was lost in thought written all over his face. I could practically see the questions rising and being dismissed. Why had I chosen to kill him? He knew why: to prevent his loss of control and thus try to prevent everything. Why had I changed my mind? He knew that one, too. I suspected he could pick up both reasons.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 21:15

Smile Smile Smile
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 21:19

Lost in that silence, my own thoughts returned to the question of what next - I still didn't know. I didn't have a clue. Even after having asked Sasha, her claircognizance had remained silent on that issue, and it'd answered everything else. A chill ran through me as I considered that this could mean that there was no answer, no solution. No way out.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 21:22

Owain laughed along with me as we left. The evening was brisk as we walked the two blocks back to his place. He didn't make any excuses for the mess, which I had to admit, I liked. Once inside, he got me some drinks and then I asked again to find out what his power was Which do you want to see?

The coolest one, I answered, immediately

He chuckled and nodded. He began by producing two more arms and then wings. I wish I could say I was surprised as well as amazed but somehow I had really trusted this guy.. I really had believed he had powers. And he had not disappointed. That's awesome!

He proceded to demonstrate his fighting abilities and explaining that he could also heal and attack people's minds. I accepted both of these without question

Do you have any powers? he inquired, knowing the answer.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 21:28

No, there has to be, I muttered, thinking aloud.

Has to be what?

I jumped. I hadn't noticed that I'd spoken then, and that he'd heard me.

A way out of this.... a way to stop it all....
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 12:42

(recap?)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 13:50

(My char Caryn came from the future to kill my char Jake, before his loss of control of his Energy Manip could kill people as had happened in their timeline - they both believed that'd been what had started off the bad future. However, people with abilities still started being persecuted a bit, so present time Caryn decided it'd hadn't worked, and she found a way of going back and saving Jake. Lou and Asher (2 of Pippy's chars) also came from the future, accidentally, and they're also trying to find ways of changing the timeline. Everyone is)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 19:50

There will be, he assured me, smiling faintly. I knew his words were empty, yet still I couldn't stop myself from responding and smiling back. We'll find one, we'll find something.

We will, I nodded. We're not the only ones looking: everyone who was there when I saved you is, and there are more, too. With that many, there has to be something... I just don't know what it is...
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 18:23

I nodded, standing up proudly, even if slightly unstably. I stumbled into a chair as I tried my best to make my walk to the centre of the room elegant. I held my arms out and then closed my eyes, bowing as I saw the recognisable blue orbs of light as I felt the move
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 18:54

(Do we have any clue of what'll finally work? Razz )

Jake opened his mouth in an attempt to say something comforting and reassuring, yet again, but before he could speak he was interrupted by heavy knocking on the building's door. He'd walked halfway to opening it before I spoke.

Don't!! I practically shouted.

Why not?

I shook my head. I realised now that I didn't have a clue who was there; I just had a really bad feeling about it.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 19:36

Jared was on a twelve hour shift so he felt a little exhausted. Why the hell did a smoothie bar have to be open 24/7?! He tried to shake the feeling of exhaustion by thinking through some new chess strategies in his mind. While waiting for some more customers, he started cleaning a bit around his station, even though his station was the only station tonight. No wonder, he was the only one dumb enough to take on the shift He commanded himself to stop thinking negative thoughts and went back to his chess strategies while wiping what was left of a cherry/apple smoothie.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 19:39

Since Caryn's strange visit, nothing else weird had happened to Sasha. She'd managed to brush the whole thing off as a meeting with an old school friend with her colleagues. Now, she'd just finished a waitressing shift, and had headed to the smoothie bar around the corner. She joined the small queue and waited, watching the people around her curiously.
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 20:00

Jared took the orders and filled the paper mugs/cups with the requested smoothie. One time he got it wrong and the customer started yelling about his incompetence, not that he was listening, but still. He just looked, nodded and came with some, not very convinving, apologies. To be honest, he actually didn't care that much about the bald guy's strawberry smoothie. However, he continued to serve everyone untill he noticed who were the last in line. Then he suddenly froze. The woman that was standing in front of him was familiar somehow. He had seen her before, but not anywhere, in one of his visions. But which one? Was it the one where he would be killed on the street by a gun shot, in the horrible future, or was it one of the others posssible futures? It was hard to remember all of them and the details from them, especially those ones that you don't want to remember. Suddenly it struck him. She was going to be captured in the future. He corrected himself, in one of the possible futures. Jared looked at the woman, he should do something. Warn her? Jared suddenlt felt the choices appear in his mind. Either he could warn her or he could keep quiet. Did he really want to know the outcome of yet another decision. He decided to wait before warning her or seeing the possible outcome of his life if he choose to do so. It could be quite traumatizing. However, he should get to know this person a little. After staring at the woman for a long time, which must have made her think that he was crazy or something. Who in their right mind would just freeze like that at a complete stranger. Jared tried to break the silence and then he remembered that he was actually working. "What do you like to order?" He tried to put on a friendly smile and succeeded halfly.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 21:53

She smiled falteringly back, giving her order and paying, whilst wondering what had caught his attention so. He'd seemed to really freak out for a second. Before she knew it, she'd activated her ability, and gotten an answer. He was like her. He had powers too.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 21:55

Wayward Daughter wrote:(Do we have any clue of what'll finally work? Razz )

Jake opened his mouth in an attempt to say something comforting and reassuring, yet again, but before he could speak he was interrupted by heavy knocking on the building's door. He'd walked halfway to opening it before I spoke.

Don't!! I practically shouted.

Why not?

I shook my head. I realised now that I didn't have a clue who was there; I just had a really bad feeling about it.

Jake hesitated, but headed back towards the door, and I'd shouted another warning before he'd taken another step.

Really? What's going on?

It's the agents come for you....

The moment I spoke, I realised that I didn't know how I'd known. But it felt like an undeniable truth.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 11:40

To my relief, he didn't question any further, and stepped away from the doorway almost hastily.

You said they shouldn't have found me here.... what do we do next?

I grimaced. I'd been thinking the same myself; wondering how they could have possibly tracked him here. I'd chosen this location for a reason. It was at the opposite side of the city to where they'd originally found him, where he'd originally lost control and killed them all and started everything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 7:47