Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

World 6: Awakened - RP Thread

Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

World 6: Awakened - RP Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: World 6: Awakened - RP Thread

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 21:07

I think we're meant to try and stop it, not gamble over it, muttered Isaac and Dexter sighed.

Dorian ran his hand through his hair, pacing a few times before he stopped, sitting down and fiddling with a box of matches. There's got to be something we can do..

Because waiting to find the body was such a good plan.. retorted Dexter. He was still pouring over the computer screen, but even with the software he had to hack police databases, it was proving difficult to find any similar cases.

Isaac, Donny and Nayeli went to the public library to see if there was anything they could find, whilst Seth continued to speak to the family and friends of the victims. He noted that aside from the dead girl and the missing girl, their "group" apparently consisted of three other girls. This was worrying, since if they couldn't find out what the link was, there was no way to keep them safe. Dorian read through all of the personal information they could get on the two victims, trying to find links aside from their friendship and Dexter continued to search police records.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 21:32

Sorry for being so helpless, she grimaced. I just didn't know what to do....

At least you're not hurt. I should have known he'd attack, and come here first since it's nearest.... he must have followed our scents back.

Anya's eyes widened, finding the idea freaky, but she didn't say anything. There was an apologetic, defensive tone in her brother's voice again, and she didn't like it. He was feeling like a failure for not managing to protect her, where it should be her in that position, as eldest.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 2 Oct 2012 - 21:18

Fuck this, commented Dorian after he found out there was exactly nothing else about the girls they didn't know. He picked up his jacket and put it on, collected his keys and moved towards the door. [b][color=mayablue]I'm going to check the school. There's got to be something.[/i]

He drove over, even though it was only a ten minute walk from the motel. The door was locked, since it was a Sunday, but he found it was easy to pick. Dorian was also aware of the security cameras, dodging almost all of them, although he was sure that his previously established identity as an FBI agent would get him out of any legal issues they could charge. He pulled out the EMP detector, but found little of interest.

There were no charges from his last visit. There was nothing in the entrance or the last classrooms the girls had been in. Outside was clear and so were the majority of the other rooms. Hell, the place was dead of any activity. If it hadn't been for the more than likely impending discovery of another body, he would have recommended they leave town. Dorian hurried through the school, finding a door labelled basement, again locked.

This time he smashed the window and slid through it with ease, not even catching himself on the glass. He flicked on the electrical lights - both of them bare bulbs hanging loosely from the celling and walked down the steps, each making a long clanking sound under his boots. Once he reached the roped off Crime Scene area, he ducked under the yellow tape and suddenly, the EMP was going crazy, spiking randomly then dropping. No pattern.

He checked the entire room, even the blood stains still on the floor, but there was no one there, dead or alive. The cellar led under a lot of the older school building and he went the entire way through, following the dim lighting, but found nothing except the EMP. But he did have that - the rapid change, the increase. Last time he had been down here; nothing. Not even a blip. Now? More EMP than rats, and by the look of it, that was saying something.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 2 Oct 2012 - 21:40

( Surprised )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 21:39

Dorian left the school hurriedly, finding his way back to the motel with ease in under ten minutes. When he arrived, he felt a change in the atmosphere; there was something new. Nayeli sat cross-legged in the middle of a bed, squawking repeatedly about death, about all the horrible horrible death. Dexter remained in front of his laptop, with Seth and Donny crowded behind him. Isaac sat on the couch, listening intently to whatever was being said. What we got?

It's the school, reported Dexter. He didn't look up when his brother entered, eyes still fixed on the screen. Dorian hurried over to see what was so important. It was only made into a school in the sixties.

Blood, whimpered Nayeli, again. All the blood. She continued to hiss in whispers, starting to rock ever so slightly.

What is wrong with her?! snapped Isaac, irritably.

Dexter's eyes flared. Nothing. If you want to keep your lungs, he began to threaten, but after an eye roll and a clap on the shoulder, Dorian steadied him.

We were talking about the case, Dex, he muttered, in a tone that would probably be considered soothing coming from anyone else. What was it before it was a school?

His brother nodded. Yeah, it was nothing, for nearly fifty years. Deserted. People don't like to renovate land where nearly ten mutilated teenage girls were found..

Yeah, people are funny like that, mumbled Seth.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 13 Oct 2012 - 12:46

(*has chills*)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 10:48

Bodies? checked Dorian and Dexter nodded quickly.

Isaac was thinking aloud, So we're just dealing with a ghost?

Just? scoffed Dexter. We're talking a ghost that was into killing before it died. That's some serious ghost mojo.

Nayeli once again interrupted to repeat, Dead. All dead. So many girls. Won't stop, blood, all covered in blood. Her voice dropped into a whisper. Dexter crossed the room to her side, wrapping his arms around her and he gently kissed her cheek. She continued mumbling, but his gentle hushing lowered her voice further until she eventually stopped.

Did they identify the killer? asked Seth, breaking the silence that fell after Nayeli was quiet.

Donny took over as informant, since Dexter was busy with Nayeli and he scrolled through the web pages quickly. It's listed as unsolved, but the crimes stopped pretty abruptly. It was going regularly for several months, one girl every few weeks, the same pattern. The body of the last girl was found, but no one else was taken.

So no recorded death of the murderer? wondered Dorian, his mind moving quickly. Someone must have found out. It's violent deaths, unless it's one of the victims, the murderer must have been killed.

Could be suicide, reasoned Isaac. Or maybe you're right. The last victim, bet they all died bloody enough for it to work.

Dexter raised his voice from the comforting whispers to Nayeli to speak. You're all bloody idiots. Think about it. It's been nearly about 110 years since the murders stopped, there's a reason they're starting now and not when the high school was rebuilt and the land was disturbed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 11:06

(Or someone found the killer and brutally murdered him but it was never reported Wink Maybe a final intended victim?)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 21:51

Any idea why? asked Isaac. His tone remained civil, just barely, but Dexter ignored it. He continued to stroke Nayeli as he thought of the reply.

A slight nod of the head then a slow reply,
    I think I read something, he admitted, patting Nayeli gently in apology. She pouted as she lifted her head from his lap and he slid back over to the computer.

Donny backed away immediately, submitting to his unofficial superior.
    We need to work out whose ghost it is though. Or whose bones are we gonna burn?

How are we gonna find the bones anyway? wondered Isaac aloud.

It's gotta be the murderer. Maybe someone got him? proposed Dorian. His mind was elsewhere, as he rummaged through his suitcase. Dex, where's the salt?

I think I packed it in Nayeli's bag, he remarked, sounding as disconnected from the conversation as his brother. Dorian sighed and began to search through Nayeli's bag, which was by far the biggest and heaviest. She squealed.

Private property, bad boy, bad thief, taking my things, she hissed as him, dragging her bag away from him.

Dorian sighed again, taking a few long breathes to calm himself down before speaking to Nayeli. I'm sorry, Elle, he said, knowing she always liked that nickname. It made her feel human. I need the rock salt. Then we can stop the monster. Please?

Little human speaks down to me, she commented, astutely. She was directing her comment at a few metres to the left of Dorian, where no one was standing. Thief thinks he can take my things. Human doesn't understand. It's wrong to steal, mummy never taught me but I know. Stealing is wrong, God said. Humans believe God, don't understand. Why don't they understand?

She retreated further into the corner, as if trying to distance herself and her bag as far away from Dorian as possible. He didn't sigh, but accepted defeat. I'm sorry, Ellie. Very sorry.

Dexter didn't stand up from the computer this time, instead he stayed where he was, quickly skimming the pages before him, trying to remember what he had found. Nayeli sunk to the floor, but she didn't whine, she lay there, curled protectively in front of her bag like a cat. Everyone sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes, Dorian feeling guilty, Dexter reading, Nayeli guarding her property, Seth patiently watching the time tick by, Isaac playing with his lighter and beating out a tune angrily and Donny wondering if these awkward silences and apparent mental breakdowns occurred a lot.

You know I said 110 years? said Dexter, interrupting the silence with a slight groan. I might have been 10 years off.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 22:20

(Ok, now I'm just getting serious Dru vibes from Nayeli Laughing )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 16 Oct 2012 - 21:13

(She turned crazy, I don't know what happened to her, she just keeps more and more psycho everytime I think about it! It's starting to worry me..)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 16 Oct 2012 - 21:33

(I get why Laughing )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 17 Oct 2012 - 20:01

(That's good because I honestly have no idea Wink)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 17 Oct 2012 - 22:15

(Anyway, continue? I'm still trying to think up a new case for the siblings and finetuning the intros of the other chars)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 16:58

I've told you you're an idiot, right? groaned Dorian and Dexter nodded.

Isaac interrupted before Dexter could apologise. So we've got the history and the reason, but is no one going to address the "who's bones are we burning and where the hell are they" problem?

Bones, bones in the ground, buried. Living bones, muttered Nayeli and her statement peeked Dexter's interest.

You know where the bones are? he wondered and she shook her head, responding once again, to Dexter.

He grounded her and she looked directly at him, a smile playing on her lips.
    Bones are hidden.

The room fell into silence again before Seth spoke up. How many girls were killed?

Ten disappeared but only nine bodies were found, read Donny and Dorian nodded.

So we've either got the bones of the killer or the final victim. Dorian paused for a second. I'm gonna put my money on the killer.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 19:48

(I think last victim Twisted Evil )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 14:21

So we're either going on a crazy bone hunt, or we're going to try and appease a psychopathic ghost? clarified Dexter.

Isaac nodded. The bones have gotta be at the school, that's where the bodies disappeared and where they were found.

Hundreds of workmen spent a long time digging up that whole area, but you think we're gonna find them in time?

It was the sixties, the builders were probably high, no wonder they missed it, responded Isaac with a chuckle. Seth smiled and began to criticise his theory but Dorian interrupted.

Any hope of some psychic help? asked Dorian, directing his question at his brother, although they all knew it meant Nayeli as well.

Dexter sighed.
    You know I can't force it, right?

Well, how about some spidey senses, then? Tell us where the blood and guts were?

Donny watched the conversation carefully - he was still a bit creeped out whenever Dexter displayed his "psychic" abilities. Nayeli remained quivering on the floor, unaware of what she was about to be roped into. Seth and Isaac continued their hushed whispers as they discussed the builders working whilst high.

We'll try. No promises, though.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 14:49

( Smile )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 15:09

Dexter took Nayeli out to the car, whispering softly to her how much he loved her, until she began to return to normal. They searched her bag and found the salt, all collecting the salt pellets and the iron knife Isaac insisted on bringing with him where ever they went. Piling into the car, they drove to the school, cautiously. Dexter took Nayeli by the hand and slowly asked her to lead them. She shook her head, saying she couldn't feel the magic, but followed Dexter in anyway. That chick is psycho, Isaac muttered to Donny and Dorian threw him an angry look. What, you know it's true..

Shut up, responded Dorian, unable to come up with the aggravated speech Dexter always threw out. Lets go.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 15:33

( Aww Sad )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 11:00

Nayeli was whimpering softly as Dexter led her towards the basement, but before they even reached it, she changed direction, pulling him left. He tried to protest, but seeing the other behind them, he stopped, allowing her to tow him towards what appeared to be another classroom. Some stairs led downwards and after locating a light switch, Dexter followed. Nayeli hesitated at the bottom, finding herself in an air-conditioned and brightly lit storage room filled with text books.

The temperature dropped a few degrees rapidly and she shivered. Dexter offered her his hand back, but she shook it away.
    Mean ghost - tries to kill the pretty girl. Girl won't stop. Will find.

Dexter didn't fight his smile, nodding. He checked his gun was loaded and began to walk after her, aiming at the walls. The lights flickered for the first time, momentarily plunging them into darkness.

This is why I hate ghosts! shouted Dorian, firing off a pellet at the floor to show his hatred.

Dexter rolled his eyes. Please keep going, Dor, I'm sure attacking the floor will stop the ghost.

No one saw Dorian shrug, but moments later, the lights returned. It was only then that Dexter became aware that Nayeli hadn't stopped with them. Nay? Nay, where are you?

No reply. Dexter followed the path he hoped she had taken, eager to get as far as he could before the lights went out again. Isaac spread out, taking the left corner and Seth followed, knowing he would need backup. Donny stuck with Dorian, but when the lights went out, everything seemed to fall apart. A long scream hurried Dexter, but he knew it wasn't Nayeli.. The victim? She was still alive? She was down here?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 11:27

You find her, instructed Dorian. Dexter nodded, although both knew that he would have only done that anyway. We need to try and find the other girl, but if these fucking lights keep going off, it's not going to be easy.

Nayeli was now sat with her legs crossed in almost the centre of this room. The piles of books and papers surrounded her, but she didn't see anything, the lights turned off. She squealed when she felt a hand on her shoulder, but Dexter didn't jump, taking her hand instead. She pulled it back, but he stood beside her, unable to do anything else. Pretty girl, dying girl, she mumbled. Time not done, the girl should live. Why won't she live? Wants to live.

Don't worry, Dor'll find her, said Dexter, reassuringly. Nayeli smiled.

The almost permanent darkness was close to maddening since their torches also flickered and their lighters wouldn't light. Hearing another of the muffled screams, Donny raced forward, assuming they were close. He was wrong. As he tried to pull a door open, the bookcase seemed to swag. Dorian didn't notice until it was much too late, and the piles of books collapsed on top of Donny. CRAP! shouted Dorian, rushing to his friend's side.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 20:44

( Surprised affraid )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 21:56

Donny shifted in and out of consciousness unable to manage speech and Dorian began to worry. He couldn't leave him here alone but it's not like Donny'd be any help saving the girl. Isaac?! he called loudly, to no response. He turned on his phone to provide light and regretted not spending the extra 59 cents for the flashlight app. Dorian's lack of medical knowledge meant he got as far as knowing Donny still had a pulse but was still bleeding. He cursed when he realised that Donny was the only one with even basic medical training.

Bastard, he muttered to himself, trying to dislodge some of the books to get Donny up. It took quite a while but he managed it, taking two attempts to lift his friend over his shoulder. Dorian grunted, If you life, you're going on a diet, my friend.

I'm.. weight conscious, replied Donny, his voice zoned out. Dorian smiled into the darkness and staggered in the direction they had come. Did we - find girl?

Nayeli's doing something and I think Isaac's gotta have some kind of lead.. Him and Seth disappeared a while ago. But we've got a couple hours, well.. when I say "we" I mean those of us that weren't hit with bookshelves.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 23:25

( Surprised still)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024 - 18:54