Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

3 posters

Preternatural, VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 2: Fear

Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Preternatural, VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 2:  Fear  Empty Preternatural, VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 2: Fear

Post by Neodraconis Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 20:33

Fear. A phenomenon everyone meet in their life. Fear has many forms and faces. Fear can rip out all goodness in people but it can also remind people how important things really are to those who survive it. It doesn’t matter how strong a person is, you can’t escape fear, and you can’t even hide.

Midland, Inner City

Tom hated himself. He had no brother unless he said how sorry he actually were, but he knew that his terrified side would insist being in the way. A part of him was terrified of what his brother had shown him, it wasn’t normal. But he loved his brother and he had to win him back, no matter what the cost.

Tom decided to go see his brother after he had eaten lunch. So he began making pancakes because it was one of the easiest dishes he could make.

He took out the ingredients that he needed. Soon, the apartment was filled with the smell of pancakes and Tom opened the window when it got muggily in the apartment.

Tom took out a plate that he planned to eat from, but dropped it. Instead of the smashing sound of porcelain hitting the floor he saw the plate hanging a bit above the ground, like if it was supposed to do so.

Toms eyes widened in shock as he looked at the time-freezed plate. Then he lost his concentration and the plate fell on the floor, but because of the decreased speed, it remained unharmed.

Tom lost all thought of the pancakes but regained them when flames licked the ceiling from the burned pancake. He cleaned up, not hungry anymore and when he was done he sat down in the nearest chair.

How can I still be terrified at what my own brother can do when I can do something so similar? I have to reconnect with my brother and that is right now!

Tom got up on his legs and did what he had to do. He got dressed and went out in the cold wind that slowly increased in strength. He hurried his steps, fearing that his relation to his brother was already too broken to fix. He entered the locked apartment with the key he had. Tom was grateful that Daniel hadn’t changed the locks yet, even if he could have done so. Then he waited.

Midland, Inner City

Daniel looked at Susan with shock.

“We both can control liquids? How is this possible?”

“I don’t know!”, Susan answered simply.

She took her blue coffee cup and sipped once again on her boiled coffee. Daniel did the same with his green cup and sighed.

“I guess we will have to figure that out.”, Daniel said, mostly to himself.

“I guess so.” Susan seemed at least as shocked as Daniel.

Daniel looked at a painting behind Susan. The motive was a fire that was burning down a forest. He thought it was beautiful in its own way. Susan saw where Daniels glance had wandered and said.

“I got it from someone who wanted to throw it away.”

“Throw it away, was that person crazy or what?”

“That was the same thought that hit me.”

The both friends continued their conversation as if their revelations hadn’t happened at all. When the sun was mounting the sky, Daniel thought it was time to leave.

“I think it would be best if I would begin my walk home.”

“I guess your right.” Susan’s eyes reflected worry. “Take care!”

Daniel smiled and answered. “You know I always do. You too, take care.”

He rose up from the chair and stretched his body. Then he put back the black chair and turned around. He opened Susan’s door which had beautiful carvings on it and left the cozy apartment.

The cold autumn wind hit Daniel and made his heart skipped a beat or two. His body adjusted to the cold even if he himself didn’t like the wind more just because of that. He continued walking back home, feeling his mood dropping a bit.

New York, New York City

Sara laid on her bed crying. What had she done? She had killed two people! And all because of her curse. The red, soft pillow cooled Sara’s cheek and comforted her a bit. But not enough, her heart ached like if she herself, was the one that had jumped off the cliff.

Sara turned on the television, it usually calmed her down. The news popped up on the screen with text, colors and a picture and before Sara could turn off the television a voice said. “Two teenagers are missing and are presumed dead. The police are looking everywhere but no clues so far….”

The television became black once again, but the picture was burnt into the very deepest part of Sara’s brain. The picture of her former friend and former boyfriend. Sara prepared herself for the tears that she assumed would come.

But this time she didn’t cry. Her sadness had been replaced by something even worse, fear for being caught. Her friends at school had seen her at the corridor, they would maybe presume that she was a murderer? Then she realized that she in a way actually was a murderer, but she wouldn’t give up without a fight.

Peking/Beijing, Prince Gong Mansion

Nellie looked at her next victim. It was a short man that she had accidentally seen shapeshifting before. She now wanted that same gift, and she also knew that every gift came with a price.

The man had gone home, unaware of the fact that he had had an unexpected guest, following him. Nellie was in the same dark room as the man in that exact moment and the only thing that shone was the full moon outside.

Her victim snored loudly and his sleep was obviously deep, so it was easy not to wake him. Nellie still sneaked with caution. No sound could be heard, it was deadly silent. Suddenly, an owl started to howl and Nellie’s body became stiff.

But the man continued to snore and Nellie relaxed, continued sneaking with even more caution. She leaned over the body and she raised her pale hand and felt the mans entire life, his memories and ability including, being absorbed and she felt an enjoyable thrill being sent up her spine.

Now Nellie knew that the man was named “Qui” and that he hadn’t accomplished much in his life. Nellie bent down and kissed Qui´s dead lips and whispered. “Thanks stranger named Qui.”

Nellie suddenly heard a sound and someone knocking on the apartment door. Fear gripped her and she ran away, before being caught.

She ran for her life and after a while she heard a male voice screaming out his sadness with the two words that fit the most. “Qui!!!! NOOOO!!!!”

Midland, Inner City

Daniel finally opened his door and became on his guard when he noticed that the door was unlocked. Then he saw his brother, sitting on his black chair, in his living room, and a lot of thoughts just flooded back from the day before.

Daniel was shocked that his brother now stood before him, he hadn’t expected it after the harsh words that had been thrown in his direction barely 24 hours ago.

Tom’s voice filled the room.

“I’m sorry brother, I love you and I didn’t mean the words I said yesterday. You freaked me out that’s all. Can you forgive me?”

Daniel just needed to think a second or two before answering.

“Of course I do, I love you.”

Tom smiled at his little brother. Then he opened his arms and said.

“Now, give me a hug!”

Daniel smiled too and laughed. He hugged his older brother and suddenly everything was back to normal, or almost.

“Daniel, I have something to show you.”

Tom took up his expensive cellphone and dropped it, letting it fall. Before Daniel could say anything he focused on the cellphone and suddenly, the phone stopped its accelerating speed, getting stuck in time.

“Tom, that’s amazing!”

“I know, now we can go through this together.”

“Of course we will!”

LeafKing Headquarters

Three men in black hoods sat on one side of the brown colored desk. On the other side there was a man with a grey costume smiling.

“We have a deal gentlemen.”

The three hooded men nodded simply and signed the contract on the desk before them. They then rose up from their chairs and went for the door.

They passed different pictures, all of a little girl, possibly a relative to their new partner, one of the hooded men guessed. He whispered that information to the other two men, it could come in handy.

When the three men walked out from the room, one of them took up a ring from his pocket and put it on his finger. All the men smiled and took each others hands and suddenly the room was empty, leaving everything back to normal, at least for the moment.

Last edited by Neodraconis on Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 23:20; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Preternatural, VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 2:  Fear  Empty Re: Preternatural, VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 2: Fear

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 20:40

A good chapter alright Guessing Daniel's some kind of mimic? And now we've got 2 sets of villains, unless I'm misinterpreting. Getting interesting Smile
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Preternatural, VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 2:  Fear  Empty Re: Preternatural, VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 2: Fear

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 20:43

alright Really good, Neo Very Happy
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 20:47

Thanks! Is this chapter in good length? Yeah Lowri, Daniel is a mimic. And yeah two set of villains. Thanks for your support Lowri and Pippy! Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 20:49

Yeah, it's better in length Nod The last one, I was only getting into it when it finished
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 20:54

Great. Then I will keep it this length. I´m thinking of doing the next two chapters like: "The rise of Evil" and then the next one: "The rise of Good. What do you thikn? Or should I do it when I have gotten a little further.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 20:57

Up to you when you want to make events happen shrug
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Mon 14 Mar 2011 - 5:53

That´s true.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 13:49