Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

2 posters

Preternatural VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 3: Introductions

Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Preternatural VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 3: Introductions Empty Preternatural VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 3: Introductions

Post by Neodraconis Sun 10 Apr 2011 - 16:27

When people get introduced, it can end in many different ways. Some become friends, others enemies. Some becomes lovers and some will become husband and wife. Who decide this? Is it faith or do we decide? Or maybe a higher force that we can’t control?

Midland, Inner City

Daniel took farewell to his brother, it started to get late. Daniel smiled and waved goodbye and got the same response back.

Just minutes after the door had been closed and left Daniel in a comfortable silence the door was opened again. Susan hadn’t bothered in greeting, she just stormed into the messy apartment. Daniel realized he had to clean soon, the apartment looked like if a bomb had exploded in there.

Susan opened her mouth and with her strained breathing she announced. “Qui is dead.” You could see that she had been crying.

Qui was Susan’s relative in a far and distant way but Susan and Qui had been like cousins.

“I am so sorry to hear that Susan.” Daniel walked towards Susan and wrapped his comforting arms around her.

“The strange thing was, I had just found out that he had a power as well and that same night his best friend called me and said that he was dead. That doesn’t sound like a coincidence to me. “

“You are right, that is strange.” Daniel frowned and his brain started brainstorming for answers.

“They also mentioned that his body hadn’t been harmed, in any way. The police thinks that he died of natural reasons.”

Susan’s voice was steady but Daniel knew she was still a little shocked of the news. Daniel also knew that Susan wanted to hear what he had to say, because Susan looked at him as in waiting for his opinion. So Daniel spoke.

“I think it is a little strange, what I remember, Qui wasn’t old at all and he was healthy when you last spoke to him. And who would want to kill Qui?”

“I don’t think Qui had any enemies and as you said, he was in good shape and not that old. Whatever this means I think we will have to be careful with exposing what we can do.”

“But what about the others?”

“What others?” Susan said confused.

“There is obviously more people like us, they don’t know that they possibly is in danger. They might even not know what they can do yet. There has to be a way to help those people.”

“Maybe there is Daniel, but I don’t know what that would possibly be.”

“Neither do I, but I will find out.”

Susan didn’t answer, but she nodded slightly.

Daniel got absorbed in the news. The police had got some witnesses on what person who had killed the two youngsters yesterday, Daniel had followed that story, he followed most stories.

When they had told all the news updates on the case, they showed a video from video cameras that had been set up in the schools to make people think before doing anything stupid. The clip showed one of the suspects, Sara was her name apparently, crying on the corridor floor, while seeing the two students, walking away, like if she knew what was about to happen. Daniel felt it was something special about Sara, he could feel it.

He had seen enough, he turned off the television and packed a little stuff, the things he needed for a one-two day trip and then remembered that Susan still were in his apartment, when she said.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m going to find Sara.”

“A suspect for that case?” Susan’s voice was filled with disbelief.

“Exactly!” Daniel answered, and then he felt guilty of explaining to Susan what he was about to do. “Don’t you think it’s a little odd that, that clip was taken just minutes before those students, disappearance, and why would the suspect of the case, cry? It’s almost like she knew what was about to happen. I don’t know, everything just seem so strange! And where strange things happen, there could possibly be powers involved.

“So you are going to New York just to check if there are powers involved in that murder? What if there isn’t?” Susan’s face displayed worry and still disbelief.

“Then, I will come back. Lock the door when you go, ok?” Daniel tossed the keys to the apartment to Susan, who catched them, and then he took his half packed bag, stormed out of his own apartment and closed the door with a slamming sound.

Susan sighed heavily.

New York, New York City

Sara had just finished her packing when she had packed down her pink jacket. She took her big, black bag over her shoulder before going out of her room, she knew that it would take some time before she would see the room where she had grown up, where dolls had been replaced by music, posters of boys and other more “cool” stuff.

She knew it was just a matter of time before the police would come to her house, and she didn’t know if she could manipulate them all. The smartest thing to do was to run, at least for the moment. She would live at the other side of town, with a friend of hers, one that she could trust.

She went out the door that was painted in a dark purple colour and was just about to head down the stairs to the first floor, when she instead changed direction, towards her father’s room. Her dad was at work, so Sara knew it was safe to go in there at this time of the day.

A hobby that Sara’s dad, Richard, had, was carving. Sara headed to a shelf and took down a knife that was protected by a cover around the blade.

Sara put the knife in her belt and ran down the stairs, by every step, smattering sounds from the boards in the stairs, were heard. Sara mother, Tirana, went to see why Sara was in such a hurry.

“And where do you think you are going, young lady?” Tirana’s arms were crossing each other and were placed over her chest, her face was serious and demanded an answer, but Sara was more demanding.

“You are going to let me go, if someone asks, I am at Spain with my youth-club.”

Tirana stepped out of the way and then she said with a almost metallic voice.
    “You are at Spain with your youth-club.”

Sara ran out the front door and checked that everything was clear, still suspicious, Sara ran and blended in with the chaos of New York.

Location Unknown

Three men were sitting in a dark room. One of the men was taller than the other two and because of the energy he showed outwards, you could almost tell he was the leader.

“We need more jewelleries and more people to bear them. I have already fixed the first plan, more jewellery. ”

The other two men in black hoods answered.

“Yes, leader.”

A moment later, a door made of steel, on the men’s left, opened and a man said with a pretty dark voice.

“Package to…”

The man looked at the board he was holding, on the paper he had been given.

“Mr X” The man with the package couldn’t hide his smile, that was the stupidest name he had ever heard.

The leader was getting inpatient. “Yes?”

“Oh, I’m sorry. The package is from LeafKing Headquarters, here is the package.” The deliverer went back outside and rolled in the gigantic box that was placed on a plain surface with four wheels.

Mr X helped the stranger with the box and then he showed him out. Before the deliverer would get away, to safety, The leader stopped him. “Thank you for your service.” The leader took up a necklace he put around his neck and then he took his hand close to the stranger and closed his eyes for focus.

The deliverer seemed to be confused and didn’t know where he was, he didn’t even seem to remember who he was. Mr X closed the door behind him.

Midland, Inner City

Tom gets ready for work. He is not going to make this ability thing to something more than it was, he was still the same person. He walked out the door, preparing for some boring paper work at the office.

He passed people on the street, but did only react to one of them. It was a man that seemed so lost like if he didn’t even know how to talk. He just looked around and mumbled words that Tom couldn’t understand even if he tried.

Anyway, that event was soon blown away from Tom’s mind, when he turned around the corner to see something way more serious.

A tall man in his twenties was walking across the street when a car, which totally had lost control, was headed right in that man’s direction. All the faces around was as shocked as Tom’s, but Tom did a thing that no one else could.

He threw his hand towards the car reflexive and time-freezed it. All the shocked faces were turned in his direction, the saved man’s too, even though he at the same time, ran to the other side.

The man fell on the ground and started crying in complete shock. Tom had no time to worry about it, he ran back to where he came from, followed by a stream of people that wanted to know more about the mysterious saviour.

Tom turned multiple times, in multiple streets and alleys, just to get rid of his followers. After a while, he had succeeded and he was safe back home, but not his home. It was his brothers home. He went inside with his key and then locked the door.

When he turned around he almost jumped in the air when someone else stood there. It was a woman.

“Hi, I’m Susan, Daniels friend.” Susan reached forward with her hand.

“HI, I’m Tom, Daniels brother.” Tom shook Susan’s hand.

New York, New York City

Sara knocks on Natalie’s door. Natalie opens and welcomes her.

“Come in.”

“Thanks, Natalie. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“You would probably be much saner than you are now when you hang out with me.”

They both laughed at the joke and Sara sat down on Natalie’s enormous purple sofa that was decorated with many colourful pillows and Natalie sat down next to her.

Sometimes Sara wonders how a person could go inside Natalie’s room and don’t get epilepsy. She used to tell Natalie just that and Natalie would answer that she liked colours.

“So, how are you these days?”, Natalie finally asks.

“I’m a little shocked after the accusations that people lay on me.”

Natalie seemed to have a hard time saying something but after a while she finally answered with a question.

“Is it true?”

Sara felt a little hurt that her friend even could ask that. “Of course not, you know I didn’t!” Sara said a little upset.

Natalie seemed to relax, Sara felt that she could trust her friend enough to tell her the entire truth.

“Though…” Natalie stiffened when she heard that single word.

“..there is one thing.” Sara told Natalie about her power what had happened and hoped that she would understand, she didn’t.

“You are a freak!” Natalie backed off, terrified over what her own friend was capable off.
    “Out! Out! Out!” Natalie said pointing at the door.

Sara took her things and opened the door and hesitated.

“OUT!!!!” Natalie screamed and looked at Sara as if she was some sort of monster.

Sara left and closed the door, leaving only one thing, a tear drop on the floor.

New York, New York City

Daniel was in the terminal in New York, his flight hadn’t been too long or uncomfortable. He felt pretty energetic, he had never done anything this spontaneous in his life.

Daniel took his bag and called on a cab. While driving in the cab, Daniel wondered what he was doing. He felt that Susan’s point makes more and more sense as further his trip goes. But there was no turning back now.

When he finally stepped out near Times Square he checked the address one more time in his phone and then he headed to the location. When he got to where Sara lived, it was chaos.

Police everywhere and nobody knew where Sara was. It seemed as she had escaped, and to the police, that meant she was guilty. But Daniel believed different and in secret he searched for clues, he even pretended to be a relative to get them.

The only thing Daniel could snap up was that she had no relatives. Daniel then thought she must have hid herself at a person’s house, a person she trusts.

The police had gotten to the same conclusion, or that was what Daniel found out when they were talking way too loud. These policemen weren’t good at keeping things secret, that things were sure.

When Daniel sneaked closer he wondered what the hell he was doing, sneaking up on the police. But Daniel didn’t want to give up now when he was so close. Soon, Daniel could hear every word.

“We start at Karen’s house then we move to Natalie’s.”

Daniel had hit the jackpot. He would go to Natalie’s before the police would and then he would find out the truth about the case. Daniel looked up the address on his Iphone and then he called a cab again.

The ride took just a couple of minutes, but under that period of time it had started to rain heavily. He stepped a little unwillingly, out of the cab again.

He was just about to go into the apartment building when he saw a girl that had to be Sara, they looked the same anyway, sitting on the ground, soaking wet and crying.

Daniel bent down in front of Sara and introduced himself.

“Hello Sara, I’m Daniel.

Sara nodded with a surprised look on her face.

“Do I know you?”

Location Unknown

The three men in dark hoods sat once again around a table, this time a different one. The complete scenery was different, bigger. The leader spoke.

“I called the military and asked them for some willing souls, he gave me a couple to begin with.” When Mr X spoke he emphasized the words “asked” and “gave” and the other two men smiled amused under their hoods.

Mr X spoke up again. “Hopefully they will be here any second.”

One of the men gave the leader a golden bangle to put on his arm, and so he did. Then, the other two assistants gave the leader one jewellery at the time and then the leader bent over them and put them on his other side. Soon, all of the jewelleries were ready for their purpose.

After several minutes, the big door opened and about 30 persons stepped inside and all of them formed a line.

They stood there quiet and each on of them were given one jewellery that they put on. The 30 inferiors smiled when they felt their new strength spreading inside of them.

The leader, Mr X, stood up and spoke to them before him with a new bangle on his arm, this one silver. His voice was changed, it was more…demanding.

“Go out and eliminate all people except them who accept to join us.”

The 30 inferiors answered with metallic voices.

“We will eliminate all people except them who accept to join us.”

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Preternatural VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 3: Introductions Empty Re: Preternatural VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 3: Introductions

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 10 Apr 2011 - 16:42

Really good chapter Nod I like how everything's starting to connect now
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Preternatural VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 3: Introductions Empty Re: Preternatural VOLUME 1, CHAPTER 3: Introductions

Post by Neodraconis Sun 10 Apr 2011 - 17:06

Thanks! Smile
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 10 Apr 2011 - 17:11

You're welcome Smile Afraid you might have to wait for Pippy's return to get another response
    Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

Post by Neodraconis Sun 10 Apr 2011 - 17:56

I figured so much. Razz
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 10 Apr 2011 - 17:59

Yeah. Not many people read fanfic here. It's a shame

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 13:50