Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

Volume 2: In You We Trusted | Chapter 17: Tandem (Part 2) FINALE 2/2

Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Volume 2: In You We Trusted | Chapter 17: Tandem (Part 2) FINALE 2/2 Empty Volume 2: In You We Trusted | Chapter 16: Tandem (Part 1) FINALE 1/2

Post by Rokstarr Fri 15 Oct 2010 - 18:54

This is the thread for V2- In You We Trusted Very Happy

I've worked out the SL's for the characters, and I've started planning the chapters. Chapter 1's fully planned and I'm tweaking on my idea's for Chapter 2. I know it sounds like I'm taking baby steps, but it makes the writing part so much easier.

I've wrote the first 3 pages of Chapter 1 now Smile However the chapters will be longer, because I've changed the style A LOT. It's much more descriptive and I think it flows much better.

Last edited by Rokstarr on Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 14:54; edited 14 times in total
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Volume 2: In You We Trusted | Chapter 17: Tandem (Part 2) FINALE 2/2 Empty Re: Volume 2: In You We Trusted | Chapter 17: Tandem (Part 2) FINALE 2/2

Post by Rokstarr Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 18:04

Volume 2: In You We Trusted
    Chapter 1: In Te Confidimus

3 Months Later

Donetsk, Ukraine

“Papa,” smiled Audrei gratefully. “I am happy for your help, I really am, but I’m sure I won’t need to take everything.”
    “I know sweetheart.” hummed Albert softly in Ukrainian. “I worry about you so much Audrei. You’re all I have left. If something happened to you…”
    “Nothing will happen, Papa.” said Audrei reassuringly. And she was sure of that. Her money had been safely transferred into an English bank account, into English pounds, waiting for her safely. She hadn’t sold her house in Donetsk- of course she hadn’t. After living in the city all of her life, Audrei wouldn’t be able to bear the thought of selling her gorgeous manor- and it was simply gorgeous. She hired the finest gardeners to plant her seeds, and it seemed more of a white palace than a house.
    But her white palace had lost some of it’s charm. Most of Audrei’s favoured clothes and best possessions had been packed away in three separate suitcases.
    As much as her father had protested- Audrei Mentroski was moving in a months time. A new job had swung her way, based in New London, thousands of miles away from what she called home. Her father, as always, had said that it wasn’t best for her, that ‘that darn Frenchman’- as he quoted- would be sure to drag her into some sticky situation or other. But, Audrei had faith in the managerial abilities of Thierry Mointoie, and trusted him.
    “Don’t let him do anything crazy.” warned Albert. “I know I’ve been fairly flexible with this, but that man is famous for eccentricity.”
    “Papa,” groaned Audrei. “I am big enough to make decisions for myself. I won’t end up like Mikael.”
    “Don’t speak his name.” hissed Albert. “I have no son.”

Texas, USA

“Here we are!” grinned Jennifer broadly. “Our new home.”
    Before Jennifer, Tom and Annie stood their new house. Smaller than their old house- but still bigger than average- it was right in the middle of a rich estate which had been built in 2009. The house itself was simple and content for someone of Jennifer’s needs. The scars from her husbands death still lay thickly in her, aided by the poison from her son’s disappearance. For the last three months of her life Jennifer had been in the darkest place she had ever been. Anti-depression pills, counsellor’s, good friends and family had all played their part, but she could feel it now. She could feel it in her blood. This was what they needed. They needed to get out of that house in Miami, where so many bad memories had nested. Whenever Jennifer entered the house, she could still smell Cole’s smell and imagine her son Darren complaining about his homework.
    Jennifer had sold his car. It was the car that he last drove in. And she couldn’t handle driving it. So she sold it for fifteen thousand dollars and bought a bulky land rover instead.
    Jennifer opened the boot, and stared at one box in particular. Labelled with scribbly and rushed handwriting it read ‘Photographs’. Taking one out at random she found one of herself and Cole beaming back at her. It had been taken when they had their anniversary in Paris, standing under the Eiffel tower. As much as she found it hard to deal with her husband’s personal belongings- it was the photographs that kept her alive.
    “Mom.” said Tom. It seemed to Jennifer as if her sons voice was a hundred miles away, echoing. But then it came to focus and she turned round, half startled by the sight of Tom.
    His Olympic 2012 training was going well, and he had became a very well built young man. This of course, meant it was easier for him to carry boxes than his mother, who was frail, and Tom suspected she was still in shock.
    “I’ll get it.” he said gently, lifting the box from her arms and placing it onto the dining room table. As he walked back outside, the sun shone down on him, and for a moment he wondered if Annie was using her ability, as it was so bright…
    “The reflections off of my glasses must have caught your eye, sorry.” came a voice. Looking towards the house on the left, he saw a family of three come over to greet them.
    Shaking Jennifer’s hand, the mother of the family gave a friendly smile.
    “You must be the new neighbours! I’m Tamara Beckett, and this is my daughter, Lily, and my son, Brad.” said Tamara cheerily.
    “It’s good to see a friendly face round here.” replied Jennifer, attempting at a smile. “I’m Jennifer Dean, and this is my son Tom, and my daughter, Annie.”
    Tom however, was in deep conversation with Lily. Her hair was a dark blonde, and her eyes a startling blue. Tom was especially interested in what she was wearing- a bikini.
    “You got a swimming pool round yours?” asked Tom, walking up to the house with Lily, carrying a box full of clothes.
    “Nearly everyone has one round here,” replied Lily. “It gets really hot, so it feels good to cool down once in a while.”
    “I can imagine.” chuckled Tom, placing the box of clothes down and turning back to Lily.
    “You should come over later.” she said. “Prove to me how good of a swimmer you really are.” she winked, before leaving with Tamara and Brad back to their house.
    “She seemed nice.” remarked Jennifer, carrying the last of the boxes into the house and sighing.
    Annie came from upstairs, moaning at Jennifer.
    “Mom, there is no way I am having that room. It smells like old people and frankly it just isn’t big enough for me.”
    “Come on Annie,” said Jennifer sternly. “We’ve discussed this and your having that room.”
    “But Mom!” cried Annie.
    “No buts, unpack your things into it now.” ordered Jennifer.
    Grumpily, Annie sloped her way downstairs and picked up her boxes, trudging them back up to her room.
    “I bet dad would have let me switch!” she screamed, before slamming the door. The force of it seemed to shake the house, and Jennifer fought hard not to break down again.

New London, England

Daniel was at his laptop when the call came. Reaching across the desk to answer the phone, he heard a strong French accent down the line. Daniel didn’t know any French people.
    “This is Daniel Winters?”
    “Who is this?” replied Daniel instantly.
    “Forgive me Daniel. My name is Thierry Mointoie, and I have a proposition for you.”
    Daniel’s breath caught thickly in his throat- his parents had always spoke of Thierry, but he had never met the man. He knew that Danni had worked for him for a brief period, and now that same man was on the phone.
    “I have a job opening at my company. I know what you can do Daniel. I know that you dream the future, and publish it in your newspaper articles. And I want to help you.”
    Breathless, Daniel struggled to find the words he was looking for.
    “How do you…” spluttered Daniel, but Thierry interrupted.
    “I know many things.” continued Thierry. “But I need a new agent. Someone special, someone that doesn’t just rely on a physical ability. Someone like you, Daniel.”
    Daniel pondered the decision- he already had a job, and was a very well paid member of the newspaper company. What Thierry was offering him seemed so blurry, so mysterious..
    “What do you say Daniel? Will you continue in your family’s footsteps and join my company?”
    “I… I don’t know what to say.” mumbled Daniel. “I already have a job Mr Mointoie, and it’s a job I’m very happy with.”
    Thierry sighed down the line. “I see. Would it be easier if I popped round to your apartment and we could discuss things face to face?”
    “Yeah… ok.” replied Daniel, before slamming the phone down in dis-belief. After everything seemed to be going so normally, something had to pop up out of the blue to surprise him. Daniel stared at his laptop screen for a while, considering the offer that the persuading Frenchman had given him.

Durham, England

“Here.” grumbled Dennis, chucking the papers at Angie, who gazed down at them in horror.
    “You want a.. you want a divorce?” she croaked. “After nearly forty years of happy marriage?” Angie herself tingled there, as she herself knew that was a lie.
    “You mothered to another child whilst we were married!” spat Dennis. “You lied, you cheated, you twisted people right around your little finger and you expect me to stand for it.”
    “But… Dennis, I love you..” protested Annie.
    “I have to admit the feeling isn’t mutual.” replied Dennis. “Just sign, and lets get this over with. I’ll leave you to take them to the solicitor.”
    “Why cant you do it?” sneered Angie. “If you hate me so much, then you would want this divorce over and done with.”
    “Believe me, my dear,” growled Dennis, “I would have them there faster than the speed of light. But I’m leaving the country. Tonight.”
    The words stuck like a spike in Angie’s throat. She was about to end a thirty nine year marriage and her husband would be leaving, probably permanently.
    “Where are you going?” questioned Angie.
    “I don’t think you need to know.” said Dennis flatly. He had already packed his suitcases ready full of his personal belongings, and placed them into is car.
    “The house is yours now Angie. Forget about me, you always were good at attracting corrupt and deranged politicians.”
    Checking his pockets, Dennis turned to Angie with a fierce look.
    “Angie, give me my car keys.” he demanded.
    She shook her head frantically, backing into the house.
    “I’ll leave the car at the airport. Just give me the keys.”
    Angie was almost laughing now, her hair swept over her face, her mascara smudged down her cheeks and her eyes had a mad look in them.
    “You cant go to the airport without a car.”
    “For heavens sake Angie!” roared Dennis, storming over to her. She squealed in an instant, dropping the keys onto the laminate floor.
    “Let me come with you.” she begged. “I’ll be good, I promise. No more cheating, no more-”
    “Grab yourself together you pathetic little whore.” spat Dennis, and without a moments hesitation he started up the car and headed to the airport.

St. Petersburg, Russia

“And remember Alexei.” whispered Miroslav. “Follow my lead.”
    The intelligence agent kicked down the door with surprising ease, and took the lead into the house. Huge containers of cocaine had been left strewn across the room, and the dealers were nowhere in sight.
    “Looks like they got away.” complained Alexei. “Perfect.”
    “Don’t be so sure just yet Alexei. I doubt they would have left this much cocaine and just left.” said Miroslav.
    Moving into the kitchen, Miroslav held his pistol high and checked round the corners. After searching the whole house, Miroslav was starting to admit that maybe Alexei was right- maybe they had just left. But it was too strange- over seven million Ruble’s worth of cocaine just dumped. Unless, the rooms of the house weren’t as they seemed.
    “Move it.” ordered Miroslav to Alexei.
    “Move what?” cried Alexei. He had given up all hope, and Miroslav knew this was his weakness.
    “The barrel of drugs in the hallway. Help me move it.” repeated Miroslav.
    Alexei groaned- but obeyed. He and Miroslav pushed over the huge container, and the contents spilled out across the floor. Miroslav was concentrating on where the drugs were going- it was disappearing through tiny holes in the floor.
    “You shouldn’t be so doubtful Alexei.” whispered Miroslav. “I have a good feeling that the dealers are right under our feet.”

New London, England

“Daniel?” called Thierry from outside of Daniel’s apartment door. “Are you there Daniel?”
    Jumping out of his skin, Daniel’s heart raced. He had so many questions. How did Thierry know where he lives? How did he find out about his ability? What was his parents involvement in all this?
    “Come in.” called Daniel.
    “Very nice place you have here.” said Thierry, admiring Daniel’s new high tech apartment. “This must have cost quite a bit.”
    “My job pay covered more than enough for this place.” said Daniel quietly.
    “So what are your thoughts?” hummed Thierry. “Care to help me with my company like your parents before you, and your sister?”
    “My sister,” coughed Daniel, “Is not interested in your demands.”
    Looking around awkwardly, Thierry conceded. “Danielle has already informed me she wants no more part in my company, that is her decision and I respect that.”
    Smiling, Thierry continued. “But we aren’t here to talk about your sister Daniel. We’re here to talk about you. I can offer you up to one hundred thousand pounds a year, and that’s just your starting wage.”
    Picking up a photo frame of Daniel alongside Dennis, Angie and Danni, Thierry flashed a grin towards Daniel.
    “After all, I have all the money in the world.” said Thierry, and as he focused, the photo frame turned to solid gold.
    “How did you?…” asked Daniel.
    Thierry laughed. “I promise to answer all of your questions if you agree to work for my company. Do we have a deal?”
    The pair were interrupted by the sound of someone coming up to the apartment door. It swung open, and revealed a very pretty blonde haired girl, who beamed at Daniel.
    “Who’s your visitor?” she asked.
    “This is Thierry, Leanne.” replied Daniel. “He was just leaving.”
    “You start on Monday!” bellowed Thierry, as he left the apartment.
    Leanne sat down next to Daniel, stroking his hair.
    “What was all that about?”
    “Nothing.” smiled Daniel, leaning in for a kiss. “Nothing.”

St. Petersburg, Russia

“How will we get in?” said Alexei.
    “I would usually use explosives.” replied Miroslav. “But we don’t know if they have a hostage. I’m sure they don’t actually own this house.”
    “You guard the outside of the house. I’m going to look for a trap door.” said Miroslav. He paused, waiting for Alexei to leave the house, before plunging both his feet through the wood, and his body followed, phasing through to the basement. It was very cramped- as most of the cocaine was down there. Miroslav slid out his pistol and readied himself. As he approached the end of the basement, a figure leapt at him from the shadows. Miroslav quickly shot at the figure who fell to the floor, a long knife clutched in his hands.
    When Miroslav approached the end of the basement, he had to crawl on his hands and knees. He spotted several men talking in hushed conversation- and Miroslav knew he couldn’t take any risks. He attached a silencer to his weapon- as it was so dark down here he doubted they would see their accomplice fall. Bringing out a small torch, he attached it to the end of his pistol and aimed, seeing that they did not have a hostage. He fired all of his remaining bullets, knowing he would not have hit first time. However, as Miroslav inspected the bodies he discovered that most had hit their target. He crawled back to a point where he could stand, and phased back up to ground level.
    “Well?” questioned Alexei, as Miroslav strolled outside.
    “I found the trap door.” lied Miroslav. “They’ve been taken care of. Call for a cleaning team to discard of the drugs and bodies. We’re done here.”

To Be Continued...
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Volume 2: In You We Trusted | Chapter 17: Tandem (Part 2) FINALE 2/2 Empty Re: Volume 2: In You We Trusted | Chapter 17: Tandem (Part 2) FINALE 2/2

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 18:48

Worth the wait, Jakey XD
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 18:51

Really? Wink Thanks Very Happy
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 19:24

Yeah, it was really good Surprised
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 19:33

Really worth the wait Nod alright
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 20:32

Thanks Very Happy Very Happy
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 13:20

Chapter 2: Happy Holidays

Austin, Texas USA

Plugging her ears before entering, Jennifer knocked at Annie’s door, waited a few seconds, and went in. Annie herself was sitting on her floor with a group of already made friends, with magazines scattered in the middle and makeup alongside them.
    “Annie, do you and your friends want anything to eat or drink?” asked Jennifer politely. There was a lot of ‘yes Miss Dean’ and ‘If that’s ok with you Miss Dean’ coming from the girls as they ventured downstairs.
    “Mom, please!” moaned Annie. “I can offer them things on my own you know.”
    Ruffling Annie’s hair, Jennifer tugged her hand away instantly.
    “Annie, what is that in your hair?” she enquired.
    “Its hairspray mom.” replied Annie simply, before joining her friends and grabbing a Coke from the fridge.
    “Annie, before you all get deafened can you turn down that music when you go back upstairs?” called Jennifer as Annie disappeared up the stairs with her friends following closely behind.
    Feeling lonesome, as her son was round at Lily’s, and Annie had friends round, Jennifer settled for making a hot mug of coffee. Whilst drinking, it occurred to her how different her life was. Annie had changed- from the polite and sweet little girl she was into the looks obsessed ‘pre-teen’ she was now. Jennifer knew she should have lectured Annie about having hairspray and makeup on at eleven years old- but she would talk to her later. Maybe she was just growing up, and becoming less and less of daddy’s little girl.
    Probably because daddy isn’t here anymore sighed Jennifer, and found herself craving her husband. She rummaged through the boxes until she found an old shirt, which she used to wipe up her tears.

New London, England

“Thank you all for being here today,” began Thierry. Sitting at the table with him was Daniel Winters, and his latest find, John Rose. Audrei Mentroski was on video call.
    “I’d like to begin with a proposition.” said Thierry. “As you all know, Costello is not in the best of states at the moment. In fact, I’d even go to say that people have lost faith in both the company and myself.” Thierry bowed his head, before rising it.
    “I resent that.” he continued.
    “I have poured my life into this company and lost my daughter because of it. I will do everything in my power to restore life to it but unfortunately, in this case one man is not enough.”
    “I need your help to help me rebuild this great organisation. Apart, we are limited. But together, we are united and strong.”
    Standing up from his chair, Daniel shook his head. “This isn’t what I signed up for.” he declared. “You promised me answers Mr Mointoie. But you really call me in to help rebuild a company you partly brought to demise?”
    “How dare you.” hissed Thierry. “How dare you say that I destroyed my own company! Do you want to know who is responsible for this?” he bellowed. “Do you?!”
    Bringing out a file from under his desk, Thierry flicked through several pictures to find that of David Brooke.
    Showing it to Audrei, Daniel and John, he spoke.
    “This is who is responsible for destroying my life’s work.” announced Thierry. “And he met a very sticky end,” he continued, flicking the page to the sight of David’s boiled and charred corpse.
    “I myself have also heard differently.” spoke Audrei. “From what I understand Mr Mointoie, you handed over direct control of your ‘beloved’ organisation to this man. Is that not true?”

Las Vegas, USA

“You may now take off your seatbelts and the exit is to your right. Thank you for flying with us!” came a voice from the speakers on the plane. Dennis Winters collected his hand luggage and left as fast as he could.
    He received a call as he reached the terminal, and taking out his phone, he answered.
    “Danielle.” he smiled. “It’s good to hear from you, how have you been?”
    “Rough.” said Danni sadly. “Thierry, he tried to get me dad. He wanted me to work with him, and when I said no, he sent men after me.”
    “He tried to capture you?” gasped Dennis. “When I see that son of a-”
    “No dad, I’m fine.” she reassured him. “Honest.”
    “Where are you Danielle?” asked Dennis. “Are you safe?”
    Danni chuckled. “I’m in Sydney dad. I figured that I should get away from Thierry before he came looking for me again.”
    Tearing up, Dennis collected his luggage. “I’m so proud of you Danielle. I need to tell you something about me and your mother. We’ve decided that after all that’s happened, its best if we get a divorce.”
    “What happened?” asked Danni. She was shocked that after such a long marriage it had ended in their senior years.
    “Too much for me to explain, and I wouldn’t want to tell you. But its for the best, and I’ll most likely be staying in America permanently.”
    “What about Costello?” said Danni. “Are you still working for them?”
    “That company is going down a dark path.” sighed Dennis. “Thierry made a wrong decision in trusting David Brooke and he must pay the consequences. But I fear the worst for Costello- nobody wants to trust Thierry anymore. Donna left, me, you, and I hope Daniel is smart enough to stay away from them before he gets sucked in just like we did.”

Austin, Texas USA

“If you take n to the power of 6, double it and add nx2 and your answer is 84, what is n?” asked the teacher.
    Tom was paying little attention. He was in between chatting to Lily and twiddling his thumbs, but she indicated that he was being asked a question.
    “Its eight isn’t it sir?” guessed Tom wildly. At school he wasn’t the most academic person- as he was middle for everything. However he managed to pass most of his exams.
    “Clearly Mr Dean, looks aren’t everything.” sighed the teacher, before dismissing the class for lunch.
    “Me and some friends are hanging out at the pool, you want to come?” said Lily.
    “I’d love to.” grinned Tom, ecstatic that he was fitting in so well. But whilst on his way to the swimming pool, he spotted Annie.
    She wasn’t with her usual friends- and Tom didn’t recognise the people she was with. He told Lily that he would meet her at the pool, before going over to check what she was doing.
    “Annie?” said Tom, and Annie swivelled round, quickly spitting out the cigarette from her mouth. The rest of the girls held theirs out, clearly not impressed by Tom’s interruption.
    “Your smoking?” said Tom, disappointed. “At your age? Annie, you could get seriously addicted. Your only eleven-”
    “Don’t do it Annie, your only eleven.” jeered Annie. “I may only be eleven, but I watched my grandparents get murdered by some mafia boss, and I was forced into shooting my own father. I think I can do what I want, thanks.”
    “I know we’ve both been through a lot these past few months.” stated Tom. “But that gives you no excuse-”
    “You didn’t see dad die!” cried Annie. “You didn’t see him die. And I did.”
    “You think this is about dad?” roared Tom. “I’m warning you Annie, your going down a road it’ll be hard to get out of.”
    Tom furiously walked off to the pool, but he wasn’t in much of a mood for laughing and joking round. As he arrived, he wondered what was actually running through the head of his little sister.

St. Petersburg, Russia

“How do you do it?” said Alexei, sipping a cup of warm coffee. He was sat in a posh, well-lit café with Miroslav.
    “Training, skill, and focus.” hummed Miroslav. “It takes time Alexei, be patient. You have the makings of a good agent but you jump to conclusions quickly.”
    Alexei sighed. It was always the same- try harder, in time it will come, keep focused. But he had tried over and over for two years now to no effect. He was getting tired of trying.
    “Excuse me.” coughed Miroslav. “Nature is calling.” Taking off his jacket, he placed it carefully over the back of his chair and left to the toilets.
    Alexei looked around. The high classed café was empty apart from a few barmaids. Craning his neck over to take a closer look at Miroslav’s jacket, he noticed a phone hanging out of the pocket. Alexei quickly took it and hid it in his bag.
    When Miroslav returned, Alexei was glad he didn’t even notice his phone had gone missing.

Austin, Texas USA

Jennifer had already solved all the crosswords in the newspaper, and exhausted everything that might even be slightly entertaining, and it wasn’t even midday yet. She felt like she had something on her mind- and she needed to get it out.
    “Tamara?” said Jennifer cautiously through the phone. “Yeah, I was just wondering if you’d like to pop round for a quick coffee. Okay, see you in five.”
    Desperately trying to make the house look less cluttered in two minutes, Jennifer jumped when the bell rang.
    Opening the door wearing a false smile, Jennifer greeted Tamara. It was just ten minutes and the two were talking like best friends, sitting at the table. And for the first time in three months, Jennifer didn’t have to pretend to smile or laugh.
    “You look troubled.” admitted Tamara. “Jennifer, is everything ok?”
    Jennifer’s throat clogged up. There was so many answers she wanted to spill out of her. No, my husband died and my son was possibly killed thanks to an ability I have. Oh, I can freeze things by the way. And our family had to move away from everything, my mother and father in law were killed and our lives were blown apart by a mobster. But, apart from that I’m pretty good thanks.
    “No Tamara.” confided Jennifer. “I’m far from okay.”
    “Is there anything I can do to help?” asked Tamara.
    Jennifer slowly shook her head sadly. “My husband was killed three months ago. My son is either dead or kidnapped and Annie and Tom watched their grandparents get murdered. We’ve had to leave everything behind and start a new life, but I can’t move on Tamara. I just can’t.”
    Tamara was moved emotionally, and felt herself welling up. “I want you to know that I’m here for you Jennifer, come rain or shine, whenever you need me. If your ever needing something to do, I can put in a job recommendation at the police station.”
    “I’d like that.” replied Jennifer, before holding her head in her hands and being pulled into a friendly hug by Tamara.

Moscow, Russia

Alexei and Miroslav left the airport with quick haste.
    “Do you want a lift?” offered Miroslav. His family range rover was parked in the airport parking lot.
    “I’d love to my friend,” sighed Alexei. “But I need to head back to the base to chat about what happened.”
    “I can do that.” suggested Miroslav quickly. “You go home- take some rest Alexei.”
    Alexei protested- he wanted to be included in the praise, but eventually settled for Miroslav dropping him off.
    It was when Miroslav arrived at the intelligence base that he realised that his phone was missing.
    Alexei Rodin lived in a small house, and he had hired maids keeping it tidy. He had enough money to afford a larger home, but he had no family to share it with.
    He jumped in shock as he heard Miroslav’s phone ringing from his coat pocket. Leaping to his feet, he answered with a casual ‘Hello.’
    “Miroslav?” called a voice from the other end of the phone. Alexei didn’t recognise it- the accent was European, but he couldn’t place it.
    “Miroslav, are you still working for me?” came the voice again. Alexei panicked, and put down the phone.
    After sitting and thinking it through- he realised that it was him who held the power now. He had evidence Miroslav was working for another organisation in Europe- and listening to the voicemail the man had left and studying his accent, he guessed that Miroslav was associating with the French.
    Alexei grinned. He was the one in control now.

New London, England

It was all falling down around Thierry’s shoulders, and he needed to solve it, fast.
    “I was held hostage.” gulped Thierry. “That man tortured me into signing the papers, he threatened my daughter.” he lied. The real reasons would be kept to himself until he reached his grave.
    “Do you want to question my authority any more Miss Mentroski?” growled Thierry. “Or have you had enough of calling me foul?”
    Audrei bowed her head. “Apologies, Thierry.”
    Thierry continued, “Please, all of you, accept this offer. You can be great- any wish will be your demand for your services. I have an upcoming problem, which if not solved, will destroy us all.”
    “If it is that serious.” spoke John. “I think that it is necessary that you get all the support possible. You can count me in.”
    “Daniel?” said Thierry. “Are you sure you want to do this? Nobody is forcing you into anything.”
    “Yes.” stated Daniel. “I have my ability to help people, and I need to take that opportunity.”
    “You know where I stand with you Thierry.” said Audrei, and the video call cancelled.
    “Well.” sighed Thierry. “Let us waste no time- there is work to be done. I have plans which will completely reform this company, for the greater good.”

To Be Continued
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 13:29

AMAZING Surprised You already know that, but seriously, it's really good Very Happy alright
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 13:49

Brilliant alright
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 21:05

Thanks Very Happy Any thoughts on any of the characters?
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Fri 18 Feb 2011 - 20:32

Finally got round to reading the first two chapters. Very good stuff, your writing continues to improve with each chapter you write, and it's clear that you have a well thoughtout plan for each character's story for this volume. Good stuff. alright
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Sat 19 Mar 2011 - 12:28

Thanks Very Happy
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Sat 19 Mar 2011 - 12:30

Chapter 3: Sneak

Durham, England

“Search the kitchen.” whispered the lead guard, who fell back to the rear. The house they were searching today was well decorated and small. However, the woman who lived here used to be an English ambassador. To the guard, it was almost depressing to see her fall from grace within weeks. However, he wasn’t here to judge, he was here to search. And do his job.
    “Nobody here boss.” called one of the guards. “Want me to start searching through the drawers?”
    The lead guard nodded, and began searching for personal documents. After ten minutes, all he could find was a passport and an old mobile phone. As he was about to slide the mobile phone into his pocket, an unexpected and unwanted guest came through the front door.
    “What the fuck are you doing in my house?” screamed the woman, enraged. “Well? Do you know who I am?”
    The lead guard nodded. “But don’t pretend your something your not…” looking at the passport, the guard read the woman’s name.
    “Miss Donna Corbridge. 41 years old, unmarried, no children, no job.” he chuckled.
    Donna flicked her hair out of her eyes.
    “You know nothing about me.” she stammered.
    “Oh but we do.” continued the guard. “We have records of every year of your life, every move you make, we know it. I think we know you better than you do, Donna.”
    “Piss off.” hissed Donna. “And get out my house before I throw you out.
    Leaving one by one after being searched by Donna, to make sure they hadn’t snuck out any of her possessions, Donna slammed the door. Crashing down onto her sofa, she began to think over what the guard had said.
    “Umarried… no children… no job… 41 years old…”
    He was right, on the most part. Even Donna knew that. She was nearing middle age, still single. But she did have a child- one she had kept hidden for seventeen years. And she wasn’t even allowed to see him. Was life honestly worth the effort she put in?
    Every day she would go to her new job, draw up business plans, make coffee and serve her numerous bosses, who were ALL younger than her. She worked like a mule and barely scraped any money out of it. Maybe she should just cut herself free, no hassle about money, or men, or her job, or the company. A quick end to a harsh and unfair life.
    No, she thought. No, I can’t do that.
    Why? Niggled another bit of her brain. Who do you have that cares for you?
    Lee. Wing. They care for me don’t they? Even if I don’t see them.
    Don’t kid yourself. You have nobody. I doubt anyone would care if you died right now right here.
    Wiping away the tears streaming down her cheeks, Donna headed to the kitchen and brought out a knife. Pressing it onto her skin, she felt the coldness drill into her. She had left Costello as her own choice, but she was sacked as English ambassador. Wing had thrown her out. Lee hated her. Angie and Dennis had no time for her. Thierry wouldn’t listen. Sergeant Jevans was dead. She had nobody… she needed a way out… and that way was..
    Looking out at the sky for one last time, Donna’s eyes shifted from her window to the kitchen bench. A flick of paper caught her eye, and laying down the knife, she picked it up, and studied it. It was an advertisement for holidays in Oslo, Norway. Shoving the knife back into the drawer and packing her few items of value into a suitcase, Donna left her house without a second thought.
    She didn’t need death to get out of her life. She needed a new start.

Austin, Texas USA

“Please Tamara, not anything big.” mumbled Jennifer down the phone. “I haven’t really met anyone yet, I’d prefer it if it was just a small gathering.”
    Tamara sighed. “Okay. Let me come over and sort out the decorations though, its your housewarming and after all you’ve been through, you deserve a rest.”
    “No.” insisted Jennifer. “You stay at home, it’s a lovely sunny day. I’ll deal with this, I’m fine.”
    “It’s too late.” giggled Tamara. “I’ve already booked you a day pass at the spa.”
    Pausing, Jennifer smiled. “Tamara, thank you so much. If you ever need anything, just ask.”
    “Don’t mention it.” replied Tamara. “Now, go off and enjoy your day out. Let someone else take care of things.”

Moscow, Russia

“Mr Bilyadentov sir!” chirped Alexei, jogging down the corridor to catch up to Roman Bilyadentov, head of the Russian Intelligence. This was only the second time Alexei had ever met Roman, as he was barely out of his office.
    “What do you want?” replied Roman slowly.
    “I have reason to believe that we have a rat in our organisation.” whispered Alexei. “An imposter.”
    “An imposter?” bellowed Roman. “Impossible. Our security is top notch, and no imposter would be able to stay undetected.”
    “This one is highly trained sir.” said Alexei. “I have evidence that he has been contacting French officials based in the UK.”
    Roman snorted. “And where is this evidence?”
    Sliding Miroslav Sharakov’s phone out of his pocket, Alexei held it up to Roman.
    “It’s right in my hand Mr Bilyadentov.”
    Taking a deep exhale of air, Roman quickly ushered Alexei to his office.
    “Now… Alexei Rodin. Explain yourself.”
    Alexei’s face lit up. For once, he was recognised. Now, he was the one in control of Miroslav.

New London, England

Holding his head in his hands over his desk, Thierry poured over old files of Costello targets and staff. He had a 63% decrease of staff over the past 3 months. Things weren’t looking good, and even international companies were starting to lose faith in the aging Frenchman.
    As he was scanning through, Thierry found two files in particular. They were that of Mitch Russo, and Tadashi Kensei. Two of his former healers of London, two of the people that helped create ‘New London’. Would they really be in any position to turn down his job offer?
    When Thierry had last seen Mitch Russo, the man had been a sorry sight. Gangly, greasy hair down past his ears, looking over 250lbs, and a down right mess. He was unemployed, single and bordering on mentally depressed. Would be even be in any state to turn down a job offer?
    And Tadashi was more of a mystery to Thierry. He hadn’t been able to find out anything about Tadashi’s family or childhood, and his name didn’t show up on any birth records, which was extremely strange. It made him almost impossible to track down, but Thierry guessed he was residing somewhere in Asia, as he received word of Tadashi using his passport on a plane to the middle east.
    Pressing the button which signalled Daniel Winters, Thierry buzzed Daniel into his office.
    “Welcome Daniel.” said Thierry. “Sit down.”
    “What is it you need Thierry?” asked Daniel.
    “I require you too study the individual named Tadashi Kensei.” stated Thierry. “We can’t control your dreams, but we can influence them.”
    “What do you mean?” questioned Daniel, but Thierry was already handing Daniel Tadashi’s file.
    “Tadashi Kensei.” said Thierry. “We can’t find his birth certificate, we can’t track him down, and I want to know why. Study this before you go to sleep tonight.”
    “But sir, isn’t there anyone else-”
    “This is not a request.” replied Thierry. “This is an order.”

Moscow, Russia

“Alek my boy!” called Miroslav, lifting his two year old son up into his arms and holding him high above his head.
    “You haven’t been pulling out more on Sanya’s hair have you?” cooed Miroslav. “You left her plaits in an awful state last time.”
    Chewing on a toy car, Alek shook his head quickly.
    “Sanya is playing with barbies!” giggled Alek. “I asked her to play cars but I think she still in mood.”
    “Maybe Sanya prefers barbies to cars?” suggested Miroslav. “After all, you threw your last car off her head remember?”
    “I refuse to admit anything daddy. Now let me play with my cars!” ordered Alek. Setting his son down, Miroslav hoped that Alek wouldn’t continue to terrorise his twin sister.
    “Baby.” sighed Miroslav, gently massaging his wife Katarina’s back.
    “Leave the tea for a while, come and sit down.”
    “I can’t Miroslav.” replied Katarina. “Maybe soon, just let me finish dishing out.”
    “Okay.” replied Miroslav. “I’ll save the rest for later.” he winked, leaving the room.
    “Daddy daddy daddy!” came a panicked scream from upstairs. Rushing up, Miroslav found his daughter Sanya standing on top of her bed with Alek, pointing out of the window.
    “Daddy are they your friends?” asked Sanya innocently. The men she was pointing too were from the Russian Intelligence.
    Miroslav would have assumed they came on business, but he spotted one of the men sliding out a handgun from his pocket.
    “Katarina!” shouted Miroslav anxiously. “Katarina, come up here for a moment.”
    Dragging herself from the kitchen, Katarina arrived to see a worried husband and confused children.
    “What’s wrong Miroslav?” she asked. It seemed to echo throughout his head, as things started to slot together.
    Last night. He realised he had lost his phone. Traced his thoughts back to the diner. He had left his phone in his coat pocket, and his coat hanging over the chair. There was nobody apart from Alexei to stop anybody stealing his phone.
    But wouldn’t a thief have stolen the coat also? And Miroslav was sure that if anyone had stolen anything, Alexei would have told him.
    But would he? Miroslav knew that Alexei didn’t like being underestimated, and thought more of himself than he was worth. Could Alexei have took it?
    Miroslav would have to take that chance. He was under the assumption that his partner, Alexei Rodin, had stolen his mobile phone.
    Who could have contacted him? Thought Miroslav. He scanned through the people he remembered from his contacts, before coming to one down at the bottom. Of course.
    Thierry Mointoie. He had tried recruiting Miroslav for a big mission in Las Vegas, which Miroslav had accepted. However, Thierry always suspected betrayal. It was possible that he rang Alexei, and panicking, Alexei hung up. Miroslav thought Alexei would then tell the highest person, as he would see it as an act of treason against Russia by consorting with a French security head…
    That was why they were after him. They were coming to kill him, and Miroslav knew they wouldn’t be hasty to spare the lives of Katarina, Alek and Sanya.
    “Go.” ordered Miroslav. “Kat, you remember the room I told you about?” asked Miroslav, rushing now. “The secret is known to only you and I. Go there, nobody will be able to discover it. Hide. Take shelter. Don’t contact me. Don’t try to get in touch with me using my mobile. Wait for me too come to you.”
    Kissing his wife on the head, he lead her to the room. In the study, Miroslav had built a ‘Help’ room. Behind the bookcases, into Miroslav’s personal study for his work, and on the circular wall was a code lock for the safe.
    Apart from the code didn’t work for the safe.
    The code was used to open a door concealed in the wall. The door would open, and you could take refuge for up to a month, with food supplies plentiful. If you got the combination wrong, the safe would open, with hundreds of millions of fake Rubles for any robber or intruder to get distracted by. Genius, really.
    Placing his family into the room, Miroslav grabbed weapons off the walls.
    “I will be back.” he said.
    “Where are you going?” shrieked Katarina. “Who is coming for us?”
    “I have been stitched up.” answered Miroslav. “The government are under the false impressions I am working for a different international security company. They are coming to kill me, Katarina.” and taking a pause, Miroslav continued. “And they will kill you too.”
    “I love you Kat.” sniffed Miroslav. “And daddy loves you Alek, Sanya. Be good for your mother.”
    And with that, Miroslav locked the door tight. Wiping away tears, he loaded up his shotgun and left the secret room. By now the agents would be in the house. And he was more than ready.
    Entering the kitchen silently, Miroslav spotted two guards searching the large room. Attaching a silencer to his weapon, Miroslav patiently waited until they met up in the centre of the room. One shot would do it.
    And sure enough, as the pair talked and got closer, they were closer in Miroslav’s line of sight. Standing up, before the pair had a chance to gasp, Miroslav shot a spray of bullets which were embedded into the chest of both guards. They dropped dead quickly.
    Not happy with killing two men, Miroslav moved on. Blocking the front door was a patrol of five guards, each armed with lethal machine guns.
    However, in Miroslav’s opinion, stealth favoured against power. He knew he would need precision to take out the five men and escape.
    Taking no chances, Miroslav overturned the coffee table and pushed it just behind the front door. And as he looked up, he aimed for the head.
    Pulling the trigger, the first guard was killed in an instant. It wasn’t pretty however, as the shotgun tore apart his face. Without needing to reload, Miroslav blasted shots at the second guard, who fell in agony.
    The final three drew their weapons and began firing around the room. Pulling out a large cleaver knife, Miroslav dashed towards two of the guards before they had a chance to think. He slashed the stomach of one, and turned and slit the throat of the next. The third guard was utterly bemused, and begged for mercy.
    “Please!” cried the guard. “I have children. They are young, and my wife cannot work.” he gulped. “They will not have enough money to eat if I die.”
    Sympathy overwhelmed Miroslav as he stupidly turned and walked out of the front door. Seizing the opportunity, the last remaining guard sprayed his weapon at Miroslav.
    Hearing the shots ripple through the air, Miroslav dived to the side. He bit his fist to avoid screaming out as a bullet tore into his left arm. He tried to ignore the pain as he drew his shotgun and held it in both hands, waiting for the guard to come out of the house.
    It was five minutes before the guard came out, tossing a flash bang hopefully. Miroslav looked away quickly, avoiding the worst of the flash, before screaming and shooting at the man with terror.
    As the dust from the flash grenade cleared, Miroslav heard the man moaning. The man was unarmed, and Miroslav approached him.
    Taken aback by what damage he actually caused, Miroslav noticed that the mans right leg had been blown to pieces by the shot. He was bleeding heavily and pale.
    “My…” moaned the man. “My wife… my little boy…” he cried. “Why did you destroy their lives?!” he bellowed.
    “I didn’t.” replied Miroslav calmly. “I gave you a chance and you threw it away. It was your sorry actions that will cause the financial stress of your wife.”
    Walking away to the car the men had arrived in, he started it and was quick to drive away. They had even left the keys in the ignition.

Paris, France

“Place your luggage onto this carrier.” smiled the receptionist. She was serving a man who looked fairly rough, but that didn’t take away his good looks. Even though his French was bad and his accent strongly eastern European, she found it attractive.
    “Is this your first time flying with us?” she asked him in French. The man nodded.
    “Sorry for my bad French, I only started speaking when it was… necessary.” he grinned.
    “Passport please.” said the woman, holding out her hand. The man dug into his pockets, dragging out a passport with Український паспорт Ліцензія printed in bold on the front.
    Flicking to the mysterious strangers picture, the woman was surprised at how much the man had changed. Though the picture was just over a year old, she could tell the differences easily.
    The man looked worn and older, and his voice had a sense of desparation too it.
    “Mikael Mentroski?” asked the receptionist.
    Mikael smiled. “Yes.”
    “So,” began the receptionist. “What takes you too New London?”
    “Business.” stated Mikael. “I have some… pressing concerns to attend too. I originally intended to meet the person and deal with them in Paris, but it appears they are taking a short holiday to England.”
    “So I decided its better to meet them there now then back here in two weeks.” he winked.
    “I see.” smiled the receptionist. “Who is this mysterious person you plan to meet? Your girlfriend?”
    “Her name is Carline.” replied Mikael. “I think its about time we caught up with each other.”
    Letting Mikael pass through, the receptionist waved as Mikael boarded the plane. Unknown to her, the seemingly nice man from Ukraine planned on extracting his revenge on Carline Mointoie.
    Slowly and painfully. Miroslav began to cackle as the plane left the airport and left for New London.

To Be Continued
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 19 Mar 2011 - 22:00

Brilliant alright Liked how you built up the tension and intensity to the end
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 19 Mar 2011 - 23:31

I really loved it, but you already know that Wink
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Sun 20 Mar 2011 - 10:58

Thanks Lowri Smile Very Happy

And thanks Pippy :')
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 20 Mar 2011 - 11:01

Yw. And I think Pippy might as well have just quoted her earlier comment to the last chapter.
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 21:09

Me too Nod She usually sends her responses in texts though
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 11:52

Chapter 4: On The Job

Austin, Texas USA

“Take a seat Mrs Dean.” said the Officer, indicating to the seat on the other side of the desk. Jennifer sat down silently.
    “One of our officers has recommended you for a job here.” began the Officer, glancing at his notes. “Do you think you have what it takes to work for us?”
    Do I have what it takes, snorted Jennifer. She’d survived attacks by the biggest underground mafia in Europe and USA, saw her husbands corpse, and her son was most likely dead.
    “I think I can handle it officer.” replied Jennifer.
    “It says here that you live with your two children.” continued the officer. “Are you divorced from a marriage?”
    “I don’t think this is really any of your business officer.” said Jennifer stiffly. “But if you must know, my husband was killed four months ago and we’ve moved.”
    The Officer grunted. “I’m sorry to hear that.”
    Jennifer didn’t smile.
    “Look, Jennifer.” sighed the officer. “I’m willing to give you a few trials and training. Your tough, and I like that.”
    Jennifer nodded. “Thank you officer.”
    Although the officer had seemed a bit forward, Jennifer was glad Tamara had recommended her.

New London, England

“You are happy to participate?” questioned Thierry. “I need your full support before I can reveal the confidential details.”
    John Rose nodded his head.
    “Calm down monsieur, I know the way it works.” winked John. “You can count me in.”
    “Good.” replied Thierry sternly.
    “What’s the details then?” asked John.
    “You will be deployed to Las Vegas.” began Thierry. “We have a part time senior agent there right now that has agreed to this also. I’ve received word that the head of Costello USA is corrupt and is planning to release sixteen of the most dangerous human beings to grace this planet at an airport, filled with thousands of people.”
    “And I’m gonna burst in and save everyone?” said John.
    “That’s the plan.” said Thierry. “Of course, the head of Costello over the sea wont be best pleased to see you.”
    “I never did see eye to eye with him.” sighed John. “He took a week after Harrison disappeared.”
    “Then he went away on ‘business’ for a while and came back in a foul mood with a few staff missing. I asked him about it and he fired me there and then.”
    Thierry pondered. “Any word of where he went?” after seeing John confused, he continued. “On business I mean.”
    “No idea Thierry.” replied John. “Word is, that man has an army behind him.”

Austin, Texas USA

Staring at Rose, who was open mouthed, gaping down at her phone, Annie shook her friend.
    “Rose, what?” craning her neck, Rose jerked away and stood up. The rest of Annie and her friends stood up with her.
    “Oh. My. God!” squealed Rose. “You guys will never guess who is performing a concert in Austin!”
    There was a chorus of; “Who?” and Rose paused for dramatic effect.
    “Jason Cruz!” screamed Rose, leaping up and down. Annie was excited- Jason was a new hit sensation and girls throughout America were drooling at his feet.
    “Is that the guy that sang Only One?” gasped Tiana, to which Rose nodded.
    “Oh my god!” cried Carla. “How much are the tickets? I need to tell mom to pre-book them!”
    “$75.95.” announced Rose. “I know its pricey but its worth it right? Oh my god I cannot wait to see him! I’m so going.” turning to Annie, Rose jumped up and down. “Are you going Rose? You should so come!”
    “I’m texting mom right now” grinned Annie. “She better let me.”
    “Your mom’s cool, she’ll let you go.” smiled Carla.
    “Shut up Carla.” moaned Annie. “Rose, who’s the support act?”
    “I’m googling it as I talk.” said Rose.
    “Oh. My. God!” cried Rose.
    “Who?!” replied Annie, Carla and Tiana.
    “Britney Spears and LMFAO!” shouted Rose.
    “Britney Spears is a slag.” giggled Annie. “But LMFAO is cool.”
    And knowing she would be slaughtered for not going to the concert, Annie knew that she needed to go. Whatever it would take.

New London, England

Holding out his hand to jump onto the terminal bus, Mikael left New London airport. It had been built along with the new city to allow easy access into the mainstream area. Easier for Mikael to get to his target.
    Taking the bus to the middle of the city, Mikael waited. He knew where the new Costello building is, as he had been there when the plans were made.
    Stepping off the bus, Mikael took the short walk to the Costello headquarters. To anybody who knew about Costello, it appeared as a large base and was fairly revealing.
    To any stranger who didn’t know, it appeared as a huge skyscraper where the drinks were researched and market plans were drawn up. It was Thierry’s idea, so that the company didn’t have to be in a remote location.
    To Mikael, it appeared as the Costello base. Taking several steps forward, he had no need to disguise himself. He knew that the moment he stepped inside the company, he was a wanted man.

Moscow, Russia

Taking a sip of the cold bitter coffee, Miroslav was focused on the newspaper. It had been just a day since he had killed the agents that had attacked his family- and it was on the front cover of the newspaper. This wasn’t normal circumstances. It was the first time that the Russian Intelligence had gone public over the death of their agents.
    Having worked for the Intelligence Service for twenty five years, Miroslav knew that even with good leadership, when media becomes involved, stories become corrupt. And corrupt was an understatement of the Intelligence service on this story.
    They claimed he had tortured agents when he found out they discovered his ‘barbaric treason’. It had been revealed that he had been having heated discussions over the phone with French senior officials, breaching almost every rule in the book. Some whispers were even of an uprising against the French for trying to find out secrets.
    It might even go as far as war. But Miroslav knew that was doubtful. As the story continued, it claimed that Miroslav had locked them in his basement and tortured them. It then said one guard lost his life whilst trying to contact the Intelligence, which was successful. The bodies had been tampered with, and one was burned so badly that you couldn’t even tell it was human.
    If anything, it was them who were betraying their own country, thought Miroslav. Not him.

New London, England

Keeping his head down until he reached the reception desk, Mikael pulled a hood over the back of his head.
    “Can I help you?” said the receptionist calmly. She was pretty, thought Mikael. Tall, good looking, blonde. But none of that crossed his mind, as he drew down his hood and smiled. He slit her throat without even touching her.
    Panic rose in the other receptionist as their promising colleague dropped dead to the floor. Several screamed and ran- but one fearlessly pressed the alarm, and pulled out a handgun from the drawer. Aiming at Mikael, who just stood and watch, she grinned confidently.
    “Pull it.” said Mikael softly. “Kill me.”
    The receptionist fired at Mikael, the bullets coming out rapidly. Stopping them in mid-air, Mikael turned the bullets and flung them at their firer, who dropped to the floor in shock.
    Guards were in full flow now, but Mikael sent them away with ease.
    “Too easy Thierry!” bellowed Mikael.
    Fire erupted into Mikael’s hands, and he sent a colossal wall of it into the main reception. The flames devoured the area. But this was only just the start.
    Advancing towards Thierry Mointoie’s office, Mikael was met by little force. Electrifying the great oak doors, he made his way into the circular room.
    Crouched in a corner, Thierry took a deep breath as his hand transformed to solid gold. Stepping out behind Mikael, he took a heavy swing at the back of Mikael’s head.
    Mikael slumped to the floor, defeated.
    “Daniel. John.” barked Thierry. “Get this son of a bitch locked up.”
    Entering the office from their own, Daniel and John picked up Mikael and dragged him to what would be his cell.
    As the time passed, Thierry wondered what could have turned this man into a monster. Nothing unusual had happened in London- apart from the gang attack and the sacrifice of the child they had saved. No, thought Thierry, further back.
    Unable to find it from his memory, Thierry resorted to mission files related to Ukraine and Mikael. The Ukraine file was bulky due to Albert’s heavy work there, but Mikael’s had only two sections: London and Related Cases. Sliding out the related cases section, Thierry was faced with a sheet of paper with a picture of a young, skinny girl with pale skin and tatted black hair. She was pretty- but it was evident from the picture that she didn’t have much money to look after herself.
    It all clicked then for Thierry. Mikael wasn’t out for the fun of it, or because of the London ordeal, he was hell bent on revenge.
    The file was details of a girl named Anna. It contained mission briefings, confirmations, and the people involved. The mission heads had all resigned, but one name stuck in his mind like a thorn.
    Mikael was after Carline.

Austin, Texas USA

Standing at the edge of the diving board, Tom took a deep breath. Having a swimming pool at school was one of the reasons Jennifer chose the area to move too, and it made it easier than going to the swimming pool. Staring down at the crystal clear blue water shining back up at him, he prepared to dive. As he was about to jump, he paused, and looked to the empty seating area. Lily Beckett was smiling back up at him.
    Tom made a perfect dive, entering the water swiftly and began his swim to the end of the pool. Sporting a perfect butterfly, Lily was more than impressed, and ran over to greet him as he climbed out of the pool.
    Lily had never seen Tom with his top of before, and blushed. He was perfectly sculpted, well built and you could tell that he was strong.
    “You were great there Tom.” she beamed. “I’m sure that you’ll be excellent at the Olympics.”
    “Thanks.” smiled Tom. “I really appreciate that Lily.”
    Lily bit her lip nervously, swaying her arms.
    “Are you walking home?” she asked. “It’s a lovely day, you could come round to my house if you like.”
    “I’d really like that.” grinned Tom.
    They left the school, and Lily began to feel herself falling for Tom. He was perfect to her- his dirty blonde, messy, yet perfect hair, his sparkling blue eyes, his personality, his smile…
    And at the same time, Tom began to feel himself fall for Lily. She was perfect to him- her blonde, perfect hair, her dark hazel eyes, her personality, her smile…
    On the walk home, they talked about a lot of things. Lily was talking about Tom mostly, and about how much he trained, and if she could come and watch him at the Olympics.
    “Of course.” replied Tom. “Family and friends get the best seats.”
    Arriving at Lily’s house, Tom stopped off to get changed. He had walked home in a t-shirt and his swimming shorts, and he quickly put on his smartest pair of shorts, flip flops and a polo. Spraying on aftershave and checking his hair, he went to knock on Lily.
    “Just come in.” called Lily. Entering the house, Tom saw Lily’s brother Brad sitting at the table doing his homework.
    “Hey Brad.” said Tom. “How you doing?”
    Brad was in Annie’s year at school, and the two were friends.
    “I’m good thanks.” replied Brad. He and Lily were very alike- Brad shared the same blonde hair and hazel eyes, but didn’t look anything like Tamara.
    Walking up to Lily’s room, Tom knocked politely on the door.
    “Can I come in?”
    “Yeah… sure.” said Lily. When Tom came in, he saw her putting on a dress.
    “Tom, can you do the zip for me please?” asked Lily.
    Standing behind her, Tom brushed Lily’s hair out of the way gently and zipped up her dress.

New London, England

“I’m home.” called Daniel. He could smell Leanne’s cooking from the kitchen.
    “What’s wrong Dan?” asked Leanne. Daniel looked stressed. He had a tough day at the Newspaper and then had to go to work again at Costello.
    “I cant do this.” mumbled Daniel. “I don’t want to let anyone down, but I went to work at 7 this morning, finished at 4, went back out to work until half 7 and got home now, at 8 o clock. We should be eating round the table at 5, not 8.”
    “You cant please everybody babe.” sighed Leanne. “Maybe your taking on too much?”
    “What do you mean?” questioned Daniel.
    “Your working for the newspaper, doing hard work.” stated Leanne. “You get well paid and you enjoy your job.
    “So why the hell did you take on a second job?” she said. “We don’t need the money, there was no valid reason and you know it.”
    “It was a favour.” said Daniel. “Thierry, he’s an old friend of my parents and-”
    “No excuses.” interrupted Leanne. “You go to that Costello drinks factory tomorrow and you tell him straight your quitting.”
    “But, babe-”
    “We’re spending less and less time together.” hissed Leanne. “It’s either your job, or me.”

Austin, Texas USA

“Kiss me.” whispered Lily, and Tom pulled her into a tight hug.
    As they broke apart, Lily blushed.
    “Sorry Tom…” she mumbled. “If you don’t see me in that way, we can just be friends.” she smiled.
    “Don’t be ridiculous.” grinned Tom. “When I first came here you showed me everything, told me everything, congratulated me for swimming.”
    Lily blushed even redder.
    “And all this time,” continued Tom. “I’ve been falling for you.”
    Tom delicately kissed Lily on the cheek.
    “I’m ready if you are.” and, stepping towards her bedroom door, he held out his hand.
    “I’m ready.” smiled Lily. She took his hand, and he led her to the swimming pool. There, under the sunlight above them, they kissed, and both were delighted to get their feelings off their chest.
    And nothing could ruin it.

To Be Continued

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:15

Great chapter alright
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 14:08

Chapter 5: Detour

New London, England

“Be careful in there sir.” warned the guard. “He’s violent and dangerous.”
    John Rose took no notice, and opened the door to Mikael Mentroski’s cell.
    Strapped in a straightjacket, Mikael looked like a mad man.
    “Good day John.” smiled Mikael, who was posed on a chair reading last years newspaper.
    “Mikael.” replied John.
    Flicking down the newspaper, Mikael stood up.
    “Your broken.” he laughed.
    “I’m what?” questioned John.
    “Broken. Your cell.” continued Mikael, scanning the fabric walls. “Your cell is broken.”
    “How is it broken Mikael?”
    “Your stupid.” giggled Mikael. “So fucking stupid I’m surprised you haven’t been killed like a squealing pig.”
    “Watch your tongue.” snarled John. “Our company is not held responsible if you are injured or killed in any way shape or form.”
    “Is that a threat?” asked Mikael.
    “Merely a note of interest.” sniffed John. “Tell me Mikael, how is our cell broken?”
    Grinning, Mikael explained.
    “I am power.” he smiled, and in the hands of his straightjacket, flames flickered into life. John stared in horror as the lights exploded with electricity, glass shattering the floor.
    “Didn’t you realise that I was turning the pages of the newspaper whilst in a straight jacket?” bellowed Mikael. Advancing on John, he forced the man up onto the wall and held him there.
    “Why did you come here?” shrieked Mikael.
    “To… to… show you…” choked John. He cried as Mikael dropped him and he fell down onto the padded floor.
    “To show me what?” said Mikael.
    “Your future.” stated John, and he grabbed onto Mikael’s shoulder tightly. Closing his eyes, the pair disappeared from thin air.

16th April 2016
    5 Years Later

Kranj, Slovenia

“It’s been so long.” whispered Miroslav down the phone. “Please don’t do this Kat. I love you, we’re married!”
    “Married?” hissed Katarina. “I’ve seen you once a year for five years Miroslav! Your children are seven and have started school, but of course you missed that!”
    “Kat, I’m so close, once I get to Naples it’ll all be okay-”
    “You think you can walk back into our lives and it’ll be ‘okay’?” she cried. “The amount of utter shit you have put us through Miroslav is unbelievable!”
    “Katarina, I have a beautiful house bought already, its in Italy waiting. You can get out of Belgium and we can have a life together again!”
    Miroslav could hear Katarina sobbing.
    “I want to trust you Miroslav.” she cried. “I really do. But I have something to tell you.”
    “What?” asked Miroslav.
    “I’m pregnant.” she admitted. “And I’ve found someone else.”

New London, England

Removing his straight jacket, Mikael looked to John with disgust.
    “Where are we?” he asked. “How did you do that? Are you special?”
    “Welcome to New London Mikael.” smiled John. “It’s April 16th 2016, and yes, I can travel through time and space.
    “Why did you bring me here?” shouted Mikael.
    “I know of your ambitions and your dreams.” began John. “I know you desperately want revenge for Anna’s death. In this world, you kill the mission authorisers.”
    “What happens?” questioned Mikael.
    “After you kill everyone involved in the mission, Costello begin to get paranoid. Worried, they called a bio-technology company to help them and formed a new super company. You were stripped of your abilities, gassed and have been drugged for the past 3 years of your life everyday and it’s taking a toll on your health. You will die within the next week from an overdose.”
    “How do you know this?” demanded Mikael.
    “I have travelled here before.” said John. “Many times, and every time, it is you, Mikael, that will destroy and corrupt everything you touch.”
    “This bio tech company,” said Mikael. “Who are they?”
    “Costello were getting desperate. The bio tech company was a hated enemy from years back when they tried to release abilities to the world. It failed, and killed hundreds. In the present day they’re still a force, but its now that theyre truly in control.”
    “Show me.” stated Mikael. “Show me the company. Show me myself.”

Kranj, Slovenia

“I don’t care.” lied Miroslav.
    “How do you expect me to run away to Naples?” asked Katarina. “Alek and Sanya prefer Gregory to you.”
    It cut into his heart and sliced it open. Miroslav was speechless, he had no heart. It had been destroyed by what Katarina has just said.
    “I am having Gregory’s baby.” said Katarina. “I cant leave him and take his baby away. I love him.”
    “Don’t you love me?” murmured Miroslav, tears clouding his vision.
    “I…I…” stuttered Katarina, before remembering everything he had put her through.
    “No Miroslav.” sighed Katarina. “I do not love you.”
    Miroslav threw his phone off the café wall. It smashed into pieces and broke. He threw his coffee onto the floor, and dropped down onto his knees, his pants soaked in coffee. He had never hurt, or cried, or felt remorse as much in his life.
    “Please leave.” said the waiter behind him, and Miroslav grabbed his bag and left the café. He just wanted to phase away, die, life was not worth the effort…
    He knew he had been a bad husband. 5 years couldn’t have been easy on Kat with Alek and Sanya to bring up. But he was doing it, a day away from getting them back.
    The house, money, security, everything they had wanted was waiting for them in Naples.
    The train station was nearing sight. Walking briskly and with pace, Miroslav failed to notice the fact that he was being followed.

New London, England

“Hello sir.” said the receptionist. “How can I help you?”
    Flashing his ID card, John was waved through. He approached the stairs, and lead Mikael up.
    “I’m on the top floors?” said Mikael.
    “No.” laughed John. “But to get to you, we need to go on the roof.”
    The building was huge- a skyscraper. It was the same height as Big Ben.
    Taking the lift, John knew he needed to be swift. He could of course just show Mikael himself in 5 years time and take him home, or he could rid the world of the vermin.
    His choice.
    The lift opened, and the pair had to walk the remaining five stories to the roof. It was windy when the arrived, and raining heavily.
    “Is that my lift?” asked Mikael, pointing to a high voltage and ‘dangerous’ shack.
    “Yes.” replied John truthfully.
    Teleporting silently behind Mikael, John readied himself to barge into the Ukrainian. He gave Mikael a hard push towards the edge of the building, and panicking, Mikael fell.
    Looking down over the edge of the tower, John saw nothing. But as he turned away, a figure rose behind him. Lifting himself up, Mikael used all his effort and telekinetically dragged John to the edge.
    “No..No!” cried John, trying to hold on to the floor. Mikael cackled, as John vanished over the edge and out of sight.
    Hurtling down, John knew it would be about ten seconds before he hit the floor, and fell to his certain death.

Kranj, Slovenia

She kept on talking but it made no sense at all.
    As he went through the doors to the train station, he replayed the conversation. It didn’t even seem to make sense, but maybe, just maybe,-
    That was the last time Miroslav thought about it.
    “I finally found you.” came a voice. It was one of victory, and Miroslav didn’t need to guess to know who it was.
    “Alexei.” said Miroslav, spinning round and feeling for the gun in his pocket.
    Pulling out his own gun, Alexei pointed it at Miroslav. People stopped and screamed, hurrying their children away from the scene.
    “I know what you can do Miroslav!” screamed Alexei. “I know that you’re a freak, you deserve to be put down!”
    Firing confidently, Alexei grinned with delight as the bullet struck Miroslav in the leg. However, the bullet phased through Miroslav’s leg and buried itself in the wall behind him.
    “Ha! I knew-”
    Pulling out his gun, Miroslav advanced quickly on the distracted Alexei.
    “Throw your gun on the floor.” snarled Miroslav, holding his gun at Alexei’s head.
    Dropping his gun, Alexei kicked it away, and knelt down.
    “You don’t deserve to live.” hissed Miroslav. “You ripped my family apart you dickhead, and your going to pay.”
    Raising his boot and kicking Alexei in the face, Miroslav advanced. As quick as he could, he pulled out his gun again and fired twice. Alexei’s eyes flashed wide and fluttered as the bullets entered his chest. Stains of red were dripping down his shirt.
    Putting his gun away, Miroslav drew out a sharp knife. Without any hesitation, he drove it into Alexei’s thigh with force.
    Crying out, Alexei panted heavily as Miroslav leant over him.
    “You. Are. Nothing.” said Miroslav.
    “I… trusted… we all…” slurred Alexei, making his body appear to be in a daze. His head lolled back a little, before, un-seen to Miroslav, his hand felt for his pocket.
    “I was never working for the French.” spat Miroslav.
    Taking his hand out of his pocket, Alexei remained calm.
    “Who were you working for?” he whispered, his body getting weaker.
    Bending down so they were within touching distance, Miroslav laughed.
    “Russia.”
    In a second, Alexei slipped a tiny bomb the size of a pinky finger fingernail into Miroslav’s pocket.
    Taking one look at his old partner, Miroslav put a gun to Alexei’s temple and fired. His brain exploded from the force and scattered itself onto the wall.
    Wiping his hands on his suit, Miroslav continued onto the empty train as if nothing had happened. And as it neared the tunnel, Alexei’s plan came into fruition, and the tiny bomb inside Miroslav’s pocket exploded, killing Miroslav and the twelve other people on the train instantly.
    And deep down, the moment before he died, Miroslav had figured out what Alexei did.
    But for Miroslav, life wasn’t life living when he had nothing to live for.

Present Day
    New London, England

“It was too close.” breathed John, sweating and shaking. He was so close to dying, he could smell it. If it wasn’t for his ability he would have died.
    “Where is Mikael?” asked Thierry, seated at his oak desk.
    “He is… still there sir.” admitted John.
    “Bring him to me. Immediately.” ordered Thierry.
    Less than five seconds later John returned, with a dumbfounded Mikael in hand.
    “Before I go sir.” said John to Thierry. “I learned something last night at the labs.”
    “What is that of which you learned John?” asked Thierry.
    “Mikael can no longer absorb the abilities of others unconsciously.” said John. “Because of a recent… change in his brain activity, someone must be killed if Mikael is to get their ability.”
    With that, John left the room with quick haste.
    “And then there were two.” laughed Mikael. “What do you want me for Thierry?”
    “You want to kill Carline.” stated Thierry. “I am not going to let you do that.”
    Reacting quickly, Mikael, without even looking, slit the throats of the guards at the door and pinned Thierry to the wall.
    “How do you know that you will be alive to stop me?”

To Be Continued
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 16:10

Nice timeslip Smile Like how it's going
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Sat 30 Apr 2011 - 14:42

Thanks Smile What do you like about it? If this 'test' SL goes well I'm planning to use it for future ones.

On a different note, I've made long term plans for this story Very Happy If I manage to get that far, I've got plans for up to a Volume 6 ( yikes ) and V4 will be following similarly to this in the theme of it all, so if this one goes down well I'll write V4 similarly alright

All the feedback is helping me make the series better Smile
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 30 Apr 2011 - 16:40

I missed the last chapter, Jakey, sorry, but it's really amazing Very Happy Congratulations on being an amazing writer Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 20:54