Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

World 6: Awakened - RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 6: Awakened - RP Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: World 6: Awakened - RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 22:04

That wasn't what he wanted. Quite the opposite. He'd felt something for Min from the moment they'd met, and he'd tried to bury it, telling himself it was stupid and irresponsible and impossible. And then last night... but now.... Forget it? He couldn't forget it. Ever. He'd just try, and pretend.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 23:05

He sighed, scrubbing at his eyes. Thinking this over wasn't exactly trying to forget it, nor pretending it didn't happen. Min regretted it. Obviously. So he'd hardly be endearing himself to her if he made it obvious that he didn't. He sighed again. Even now, he didn't want to disappoint her. So he would pretend. He was relieved when the sound of the phone broke through his thoughts.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 6 Jul 2014 - 23:52

It was another old family friend calling. The man said he was in the area, looking into a case which might need backup. Blaine replied that he and Anya would help. The case was relatively simple with her assistance; it was cleared by the evening. They returned back to the city. However, the next morning, he caught news of a vicious attack on a neighbouring house a few streets away.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 7 Jul 2014 - 20:59

Grimly they both headed over to investigate the scene. He called Min to let her know too, and by the time they'd arrived and been let in, so had she. The front room was a mess. Completely besmirched with blood. Objects and furniture were scattered and thrown across the space, and there were slivers of glass on the floor from a broken mirror. The police had removed the family's bodies but outlines of blood clearly showed where they had been.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 7 Jul 2014 - 22:47

This is sick, Anya muttered under her breath, looking around. Blaine nodded. He wasn't sure if he could speak. He knew there were attacks like these, monsters who'd do things like this... but he'd never seen it.

Min was searching too, but her attitude was callous in comparison. She had seen similar aftermaths, he suspected. Either that or the memory of her yesterday was infecting him. No. He shook that thought away. No matter how cold she'd been to him, she wouldn't project that onto innocent bloody victims.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 7 Jul 2014 - 22:56

Grimacing, Anya forced herself to continue looking. From this mess, it would be hard to get a grasp of what they were after, but there had to be some clue. It didn't look like this creature was anywhere near stopping. The massacre was too vicious for that. So she had to look. Getting closer, she noticed suddenly a flash of white, a folded piece of paper poking out from beneath a sideboard. Min paled. She hurried over to get it, rushing the other two out of the way even though they were nearer. But Blaine grabbed it from her hand. Her behaviour had made him suspicious, and he slowly opened it and read.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 7 Jul 2014 - 23:06

"Did you like my gift?" he read slowly, hesitantly, disbelievingly. There were three x kisses beneath that message, and a J. Min winced. Looking further, he saw that there was also a postscript. "P.S. Loverboy's dead".

Startled, he glanced up at Min again. Her expression was pained, frightened.

Min? What is this?

He couldn't believe that she didn't know anything about it. Much as he wished to. Her reactions made that impossible.

That note... that message.... all of this, this... this "gift".... it's from my ex.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 22:10

Your ex? Blaine echoed, now looking sick. Your ex is a monster?

Anya remained silent. Her eyes flickered from Blaine to Min and back again. Somehow, she guessed there was more to this - to his vivid reaction - than she could see.

A vampire, Min nodded.

You dated a vampire?!!

She rolled her eyes.

He was still human at the time, you idiot.... it's a long story....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 22:13

We've got time, tell us it now, Anya suggested. Blaine was staring down at the note which was still in his hand, shocked and overwhelmed by all of this. Something else just occurred to him.

"P.S. Loverboy's dead"... he means me by that, doesn't he? he asked.

Yes, she winced. I'm sorry, Blaine...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 21:53

He didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say. So he just kept staring down at his hands and the note within them. For now, numbness was clouding any fear.

I was 15 when he was turned, she started to explain. We'd been together for nearly 2 years at the time. He and a bunch of his friends were out camping - they did that a lot, they were really into the whole outdoors thing. I wasn't. And vampires must have attacked their tent, turned Joshua and killed his friends, or maybe turned them all, I don't know. He came back to Austin. To my house. I wasn't there at the time, I was sleeping over at a friend's, but my family were home. And when I came back the next day.....

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 22:45; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 22:46

As she spoke, she'd kept her eyes downcast, blinking away the memory of tears. Her voice was cold, hoarse.

That's horrible, Anya muttered, shocked. I'm sorry...

I know, she replied. My entire family was dead. Massacred. Like this place... my parents, my brothers, my sisters.... everyone. He did it. There was a note like that one, saying the same thing, calling it a gift. He used to do that, leave little notes all the time....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 18:50

I found out what happened when a group of hunters came into the area. she continued. They'd heard of my family's deaths. They explained stuff to me. Trained me.

And the message... the threat?

He got really possessive after. Jealous. He'd tail after me all the time, all over the country. One night I met this guy at a bar, went home with him.... and Joshua killed him the next day.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 22:16

Blaine didn't ask any more. He could guess how her life had been after that. Constantly travelling, living for the hunt, never letting anyone in for fear of being the cause of another murder. He didn't ask why she'd risked him. He knew the answer. It'd been the same for him; neither of them had been thinking clearly that night. He understood her cold behaviour yesterday now, too. She'd been trying to protect him. To save him. If they'd acted as if that night had never happened, there was a possibility that Joshua would never learn of it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 22:48

What do we do now? Anya asked. Her question startled him out of his musings.

We?

To stop him, she nodded. I'm not exactly going to stand by and let him kill my brother.

I don't know what we can do.... he's strong. Too strong, really. And he's too clever to fall into any easy trap...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 22:55

I'm sorry, she whispered, looking miserable. She glanced over at Blaine. I really liked you... if only my life wasn't so crappily messed up....

He smiled thinly at that.

Don't think about it, he responded, trying to reassure her. She sounded so worried, so defeated. It seemed so wrong for her. If we can't fight, we'll run, for now at least.

He noticed that she still seemed unconvinced.

And don't feel guilty about that. Travelling was what I'd intended to do, before I found that Anya has stuff tying her here. In a weird way, this fits into the plan.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 14:15

They soon agreed on this new idea. It was the best one they had, at least. Blaine remembered something he'd read about which could hide their trail from a vampire, and went to check for it. A simple ritual. That done, he returned to his apartment, packed quickly. By the end of the afternoon he'd said his goodbyes to Anya, and then he and Min were already driving away.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 22 Jul 2014 - 14:38

A silence fell over them as they drove, leaving the city behind. Blaine was looking straight forward and Min began suspecting that he wouldn't meet her eyes. He seemed miles away.

I'm sorry, she whispered, yet again.

That made him turn to face her.

Don't be.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 22 Jul 2014 - 21:29

Once the other 2 had gone, Anya suddenly felt exhausted. She wasn't sure if she could compute all of this, if it could all have sunk in. Her brother was gone. Min was gone, too. She was alone. She'd be hunting alone from now on. Because her brother was in hiding, on the run. Because there was a homicidal vampire after him, holding a grudge because he'd hooked up with Min. It was insanity.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 13:35

She shook her head. Thinking it over and over, and calling it craziness in her thoughts, didn't force it to make any more sense. It didn't change things. She'd just have to deal. She headed over to her car, now the only one left in the abandoned parking lot, and drove back to her apartment.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 21:50

She slowed down as she approached the door, eyes downcast. She fumbled in her purse for her keys. Still, in the corner of her vision, she saw a glimmer of movement, half concealed in the shadowed alcove. She swore.

I'm really not in the mood for this...

The figure burst outwards, revealing itself as a slim dark haired woman. She threw herself against Anya, long talons outstretched from her fingers. Anya dodged to the side.

Really.... I've had a really crap day....

The Mesati attacked again. Anya grimaced and focused. The next second, the woman had vanished, exploding into air leaving only sparks remaining.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 21:14

It took us just under a week to deal with the case in Salt Lake City. A tesari, as it turned out. We'd met another team of hunters working it too, and after a bit of confusion we'd agreed to work together. I shook my head, remembering that confusion. It still seemed partially insane to me. The idea of a witch being one of them. A witch. Milder cases, I could get - like a psychic, I'd known psychics before - but a witch.... I wondered how often these sympathetic witches like Nayeli existed. And that was a weird name, too.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 22:23

They were currently still in the tesari's house, as was Amy, clearing up. I'd just left to go to the car and grab another shovel from the trunk. The creature had struggled, and made a real mess of the place. I'd just unlocked the car when my cell began ringing.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 19 Oct 2014 - 20:17

Hello? I answered. My attention instantly sharpened as I recognised the voice on the other end. For a while I just listened. He was detailing the case finely, but in a panicked voice, suiting what he was saying really.

I'll be on my way.

I hung up, tried phoning Amy but got no answer. Instead I left a text for her explaining the call. She'd catch up with me when she could.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 21:32

I headed over to the nearest car, snapping the antenna free and using it to break in. This process was almost routine for me by now. Amy and I had separated for different jobs previously, and I knew that I didn't dare take our own car. Her reaction'd be more than my skin was worth. I quickly hot-wired the engine and began driving. It was a long journey ahead of me, expected to take most of the night.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 23:13

I raced along, pushed by the urgency of the message which had summoned me. So I wound up arriving two hours faster than I'd anticipated. I remembered the address I'd been given and began looking for the correct street name. The radio was on, and it now started crackling, warning of the intense demonic infestation in the city.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 20:39