Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+3
Wayward Daughter
MATTYGUY
Enochian
7 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 20 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 12:58

Reaching the post of the first group of shielders, Firen was heartened to see they were coping well with the assault, only one of them so far even showing any sign of strain. She raised her head over the battalion, where she could dimly make out the forms of the catapults, groups of soldiers working and defending them. She gave orders for destruction spells to be aimed at the siege machines.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 13:00

REDOUBLE YOUR EFFORTS!!!

The men began to work twice as hard, more powerful spells went hurtling towards Oherin.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 13:04

One of the shielders gasped as the attacking intensified, her breath being knocked out of her. She reached out to the others, linking their strength so they could work more efficiently. Firen shook her head. Much as she wanted to link too, she knew her own power wasn't strong enough to be much help. She'd be more use continuing her patrols and leading, so that was what she did. She moved onto the next group.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 13:16

A young spellcaster walked tentatively over to Sebastian, Permission to speak sir.
    Granted.
    I've had an idea, it's a spell that should cost little energy but hopefully should be more effective.
    Try it, if it's not working go back to whatever spell you were doing.

The young spell caster walked back to the others. He talked to them and they all seemed to be confused at his request, they agreed and soon they were chanting. Suddenly, a massive fireball erupted in front of them. Sebastian heart lept up into his mouth, he had never seen anything so fearsome. The fireball grew and grew until it was a enormous wall. Something moved with it. Sebastian thought he only imagined it but no, there it was again. And again, and again. Sebastian's eyes widened as forms of fire were emerging from it. Dark creatures made of fire were crawling out of the flames. Numerous creatures of all contorted shapes and features were been born of the fireball. They made Sebastian's skin crawl. the spellcaters shouted as one and the creatures moves at inhuman speed towards Oherin's shields at inhuman speed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 13:49

Watching the exploding fireball approaching, she tensed herself despite knowing the shields would hold, they had to hold. She realised she'd been holding her breath when it stopped, and she shivered when it convulsed into a sea of raging Dark creatures. Those she recognised despite having never seen any with her own eyes. But they weren't real, they were just tactics engineered to frighten the resistance, she told herself. Looking downwards, she could see the first of the destructionspells against the catapults being released, using the confusion of the attack to help them try to sneak through unseen.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 15:10

Behind him, some of the catapults exploded in a wave of fire and heat. Sebastian looked on stunned, he hadn't anticipated this. Manel! Which is doing the most damage, the spells of the catapults? Manel looked around for the answer, The spells I think but when we get through the shield we need the catapults, the spellcasters will be exhausted by then if we keep using them.

Manel was right, despite what the young spellcaster thought, this spell was taking much more out of them than the previous spells however it did seem to be working better. Tell the spellcasters to revert back to the other spells and then take half of them and make them cast protective spells over the army and the catapults.

Manel hurried to carry out his order.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 15:16

They're weakening their assault in order to protect the engines, one of the shielders reported to Firen. She nodded, indicating it was going as planned, then.

Keep up with the shields, she instructed. This attack ought to exhaust them, and we outnumber them.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 15:27

Sebastian smiled. Manel! I've got an idea. Instruct the spellcasters protecting the catapults to cast spells on the artillery. Soon we'll have magic and rock bound into one. The shield definitely won't hold after that.
    Manel moved uncomfortably, That won't work as well as you think. Rock isn't a magical substance, it can't hold magic that well. We'd need to cast very powerful spells on the rocks in order for it to have any effect but attacking them directly would be more effective, sire.
    Sebastian thought on this, What are some magical substances?
    Gems: rubies, diamonds, amethysts and the like.
    Sebastian looked back at his tent, Father will kill me for this. Alright, load up all the royal jewels onto the catapults, and make sure the spells they put on them are powerful enough to actually obliterate this shield.
    Yes sir.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 15:31

(No wonder the Elementae are old allies of theirs then, when their old city was named Diamond City beneath Diamond Fall Wink Laughing )

We've tried contacting our allies, the woman continued. But it will take hours, if not days. The Elementae are the closest, and you know how they are....

Unwilling, she nodded. How are they holding?

They'll hold. For now.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 15:42

( Wink It's actually quite common in mythical stories that gemstones be used in magic so shrug )

The first of the catapults released their deadly gemstones. for a fleeting moment Sebastian realised how ridiculous this would look but he didn't care, he couldn't fail his father. He looked over to the spellcasters, they wouldn't hold up much longer at this rate but he couldn't halt the attack now, the shield must be almost down.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 15:45

Almost as soon as she'd spoken, the woman gasped again, this time falling to her knees. The struggle she was experiencing was vividly clear on her face, and Firen raced to her side to give her the little additional strength she could. None of the others could help. They were fighting for their shields and their very lives, themselves.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 15:53

Sebastian could see it, a flicker in the shield. It might just be wishful thinking but he could swear the artillery was getting further and further in.

One last almighty push everyone! He shouted to all.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 15:55

Despite Firen's attempts at aid, the woman continued to struggle, and slid once again, from her knees to lying horizontal on the floor. Firen knew it'd be too late before she even checked for a pulse and delved for any signs of life. The others were still living, but struggling fiercely. Around half of the shield seemed to have failed.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 15:59

Stop attempts to protect the catapults! Do the fireball creatures spell again. Men, to arms! We're almost in!

The men cheered gleefully.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 16:04

She knelt to close the woman's eyes, briefly, but she knew she'd have to move on. Much as she hated it, she had to. This portion of the defence was lost. So she raced on, moving through the streets up to the second tier. She could hear the calls and commands to do so echoing as she ran.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 16:14

Men! Put on your Arthenian armour! Remember they're magically enchanted! While you won't take all of the damage of their spells you will take some. Do not be reckless with your lives! But do remember that courage is admired and encouraged. Ready yourselves for we cannot lose! It is DESTINY that we prevail here today!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 16:17

Arriving at the second level, she soon ran into her younger sister. Nam was panicked and confused, but trying her best to subdue this to her credit.

Firen? What's going on?

Grimly, she explained the attack which had arrived from nowhere, as well as how the defenses were lasting so far.

Wait.... I've an idea....let them fill the tier...

What are you going to do?

Nam didn't answer.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 16:31

(So the shield has fallen?)

The men got into ranks. The archers lit their arrows with Cathen fire, fire that can't be put out by water. The soldiers readied their swords.

What's the plan of attack?
    Just follow my orders. We first need to take down the gates, but the spellcasters could make short work of them. Then, foot soliders. Then the it really begins.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 16:38

(Most of it has. They've retreated to the second tier and formed more defenses at that gate. They'd be able to do that for each tier.)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 16:46

Namarien waited, watching as the first set of gates were battered and torn asunder, and the army began pouring into the tier. But they weren't all in, yet. They weren't ready.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:01

(And there's seven tiers pale . Hmmmmm now I just have to decide which tier the army should reach before they should retreat...)

The spellcasters realised the fireball creatures again, the shield needed to fall now.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:03

(The shield has collapsed enough for them to get into the first tier, btw)
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:09

(Oh right, I hadn't realised it worked like that. OK then. )

The spellcasters obliterated the door into millions of pieces. The footsoldiers poured in, swords raised and killing everyone in sight. Back up with the rest of the army, Sebastian smiled. The war was now going to plan.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:13

There were none in sight, since the tier had been evacuated. The children and those too ill to fight or otherwise unable to had all been raised up to the highest level as soon as the army had been sighted. Namarien grinned grimly as she saw the army pouring in. Her lessons had taught her that'd happen. As soon as the majority were inside, as many as could fit, she raised her arms and began her work.

City of my ancestors! she began her spell. City of my people, city of mine! Today you are threatened, but I know you will protect your people. I command you to do so. Stone, rise and destroy those which threaten us! Earth, break and swallow them! Destroy them! Do not let them escape!
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:17

(Oh crap Surprised )

Sebastian watched in horror as his army disappeared into the earth. No armour could protect them from that.

He turned to Manel, What do we do?
    His face paled, I have no idea sire.

(GTG I'll see you tomorrow. Tell everyone bye from me aswell hug )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024 - 14:28