Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+3
Wayward Daughter
MATTYGUY
Enochian
7 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 21 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:19

(Bye hug I thought it was only a portion of the army though, that's why I did it)

She continued to watch, grimly satisfied as a barrier formed at the broken gates, their rubble raising to block the enemy within. Then, as commanded the very stones of the buildings raised and broke the men to pieces, the earth cracking to swallow them then healing a new. She could feel her energy sapping to fuel the attack, but it was most certainly worth it. She imagined she could see the horrified looks on the enemy commanders' faces as they too saw this, although they were far too far away for her vision.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 16:53

(It was aonly a fraction of the army. Just the foot soilders, the part of the army that test the waters before the real army goes in Wink And now I see why you hated me doing this to you, it's leaves me with very little option as to what to do next. I'm sorry again hug I've been thinking hard about a solution and came up with one Very Happy but now you've sealed up the gate so I have to modify my strategy again Neutral )

Sebastian looked around for an answer but found none. His eyes chanced upon the young spellcaster who had come up to him before and called him over.
    You seem to be full of ideas, anything now?
    Mmm... well it seems to me that none of us can walk into that city unless we want to be lost into the depths below.
    That's not a plan, growled Manel.
    Well we could continue to fight from here but us spellcaters only have a limited amount of strenght. I mean with a massive amount of strength we could do anything.
    What are you getting at?
    He moved awkwardly, Well sire, if we can't use the armys swords, the spellcasters could use all their strength and we could fight that...way...
    What's your name?
    Cyrus.
    Congratualtions Cyrus, you've just been promoted. Manel, see to it that the army does as Cyrus instructs.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 16:56

(The gates were only sealed up to prevent the footsoldiers from running out when the buildings began attacking them Nod )
    (So now the spellcasters are draining the soldiers' energy to fuel their spells instead? Twisted Evil )
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 17:08

(Ah it doens't matter, this plan is better anyway Twisted Evil )

Infantry lined up in front of the spellcasters and allowed themselves to be drained until they had just enough energy to run should the need arise to retreat.
    What spell are you thinking of doing now?
    Well we could do the fireball creatures again.
    But you now have much more energy to do something much bigger. Don't forget much of their shield is still up. You'll need to completely obliterate it to do anything - impressive.
    What does the most damage to shields?
    Generally? Pure energy strikes. Most of the time they're too energy draining to do more than once but now we should be able to do it many times.
    But not all shields, some shields are cast so that direct energy strikes make them stronger.
    I haven't heard of that.
    Of course you haven't, Manel sneered sarcastically.
    Try one single energy strike to see how it goes.
    Manel mumured words of power and he sent the pure white light directly at the upper tiers of the sheild.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 17:15

The remnants of the shields shivered, but this wasn't visible since the entire shield was invisible, a visible one simply costing more to create and sustain. The shielders felt the strike, shaking themselves and reaching out to other nearby witches to link.

What are they doing now? Nam questioned Firen.

I can't be sure. But it looks like they're gathering strength for a magical attack. It'd be the best course of action for them.

Nam nodded.

Understood. I'll go gather more to link for a counter.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 17:21

Sebastian smiled, it worked. He nodded for them to continue at full blast.

A few seconds later powerful energy strikes went hurtling one after another towards Oherin.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 17:24

Seeing the energy strikes firing down, retaliatory strikes were sent upwards in their direction. The second attacks broke into the first, destroying them while lighting up the sky like some bizzarre form of firework display.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 17:00

They're destroying our attacks! Can they do that? Sebastian shouted angrily.
    Cyrus looked at Manel uneasily, Well...yes but I hadn't forseen that...
    WHY? Why hadn't you forseen that? he spat.
    Well you need perfect aim sire. To hit another spell at that distance is incredibily difficult. I don't know anyone who could do that. We must have underestimated them, I mean they destroyed all of our attacks.
    This did not seem to appease Sebastian,So why don't you create some mist so they can't bloody well see your attacks!
    Manel and Cyrus hurried to do so. Within minutes the area was so shrouded with fog that they could barely see a foot in front of them. They continued to shoot the energy beams in the general direction of Oherin. Well, they did have a big target.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 17:04

What's wrong now? Firen asked, seeing the nervouse glance she'd gained from the nearest of the combatants in the group she was currently in.

The strikes, the man explained. They're cloaking them in mist so we can't see them to destroy them.

Do you really need to see? she countered. Can't you make some sort of aiming spell? I'm sure Namarien does that with her own aim...

The man laughed nervously before turning to do so, also passing the message along to his fellows.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 17:20

(Clearly my spellcasters are slight idiots Laughing )

Well? Are our attacks working?
    Manel fought back a hi9nt of a smile as he said, Well, sire I can't actually see.
    Sebastian felt annoyed with himself for not having thought of this problem.Oh right yeah. A sudden thought came to him, Is there any way they could hit our spells without seeing them?
    Manel looked to Cyrus uneasily. They silently decided Cyrus would speak,A few.
    Such as? he asked, dreading the answer.
    An oblierate spell which means that they can oblierate any spell with their own force of will. which in fact we are doing right now with this damned shield. When Sebastian looked nonplussed he added, We're adding obliterate spells into our energy strikes.
    They also could use aiming spells to find and obliterate our spells.
    Manel continued on, and those are just the ones we know about. They could know some form of magic we are not aware of. Sire.
    Sebastian felt himself aging by a few years, What can we do about it?
    There was silence for a few minutes before Cyrus said excitedly, We could change our spells! For each type of spells we mentioned they needed to know what spell we cast that they had to destroy. If we changed our spells they wouldn't notice in this fog and they wouldn't be able to see what we changed our spells to.
    Sebastian smiled, Cyrus really was a young genius. Why don't we go a step further? Instruct the spellcasters all to cast different spells, a different one every time. We don't want any of our spells intercepted.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 17:24

(They don't need to know which spell in order to counter, since they're just using general counter and destructive ones Wink )

The change in spelling made very little difference. The defence was holding mainly, but some did inevitably slip through. Firen jumped a little as one struck a nearby building, having been hidden behind another spell which had been obliterated.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 19:24

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Wed 30 Mar 2011 - 17:06

It's not working.
    It's possible that they have a completely different style of magic to us. We've come across that sort of thing before.

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 30 Mar 2011 - 17:08

(They would Nod )

Are they holding? Nam asked nervously. Her sister nodded.

They seem to be, for now... but it won't be long before these find another method of attack....
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 17:00

(I have to think of something else now....hmmmmmm.... .... .... .... )

Sebastian was getting really angry. Nothing was working. None of his plans were playing out the way he wanted to. He began to feel a deep loathing towards Oherin and the things that lived within. Sebastian found himself for the first time on the edge of tears, this was the first mission his father had truly intrusted him with comlpetely and he was messing it up. He was a disgrace to the faimly name. He could never face his father again.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 17:04

(Awww, poor crying villain Laughing but now you've just made me wonder what their family name actually is Razz )

With the break in the attack while Sebastian tried to come up with a new strategy, some the defenders began taking up the long task of reforming parts of the shield.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 17:22

(They don't have a family name really. I don't think anyone then shrug )

Cyrus walked up to Sebastain cautiously. He could clearly see he was distressed but, what was he meant to say? Everything's going to be OK? It wasn't going to be if they didn't win this battle soon.

Sire, what if we-
    Do it. Do anything you think might work.

Cyrus looked uneasily at Manel. Sebastian wasn't the man he usually was, this was some illbegotten form of him and it frightened them. If Sebastian was worried, how should they feel?

Cyrus walked back over to the spellcasters and ordered them to raise their hands to the sky. They began chanting some words none of them would have comtemplated chanting a few hours ago. They called to the the earth, the wind, the sea, the waves, to bring them something of power. This dark magic, they could feel it in their bones. They chanted and chanted until they felt the spell was done and acknowleged by the universe. They felt the air change, the Dujguk was complete.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 17:24

(And I've no idea what a Dugjuk is. Should I be worried?)
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 17:48

(I don't expect you too Razz I just made it up this very minute. Well, you'll see now Twisted Evil )

The ground seemed to tremble slightly under their feet. Sebastian instantely looked up out of his wallowing and stared directly at his spellcasters. WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?

A sound seemed to be coming from under their feet. A strange whining noise. The very earth seemed to be holding its breath as a crack in the ground streched underneath the Sebastian's feet. He looked horrified up to Cyrus.

RUN!

The entire army descended in choas. Everyone was running away from Oherin in any direction. It was a stampede of metal clad soilders doing anything to get away from Oherin. It was every man for himself. It was kill or be killed.

the crack in the ground in the ground widened. If anyone had stopped and looked down through the crack they would have seen darkness. There was no earth, only black. Then a form was rising from it's depths, and it was rising fast. It soon exploded onto the earth's surface.

It was large.

The thing was as tall as the third tier of Oherin and had a wingspan of 400 metres. It was a dragon. Though it was no dragon of this world. The darkness in it's eyes were unachieveable by any demon. It was hate. Looking upon it meant a grave sense of despair and a feeling that can only be described as overriding despair.

The creature roared and the very earth shook.

It turned around and looked at Sebastian's fleeing army. In what seemed like a one moment, it had caught up with the army and was destroying it. No man was safe as it pulverised them all.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 17:51

( Surprised Is it going to attack the city now? Kinda suicidal of them, though)
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 16:45

(It's really up to you what you want the thing to do. The spellcasters were idiots and should have cast a binding spell Laughing but it won't attack you if you stay out of it but it will if you go near it. It's just annoyed that they woke it up Razz )
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 21:10

What's that? she asked, her voice trembling. She couldn't keep her eyes away from the terrible creature as it emerged.

Something Dark, was the terse answer.

Then they're Darkwitches?!! she asked, incensed. Her answer was stiffled, half-hysterical laughter.

What do you expect? Who else would attack us, without even the need to use such tactics to display themselves? But I've no idea how we'll deal with this....

Could you use the same spell as last time? Firen asked anxiously. She shook her head.

I doubt it. Asking the city to destroy something so large and powerful would take too much from me.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 17:26

Firen bit her lip, wishing she could ask Namarien to just do it anyway, but she knew that she couldn't. Not when it'd be her little sister who'd pay the price. And that worried her too - the suggestion that if it'd have been someone else, a stranger or a faint aquaintance, she might have been willing. The realisation frightened her.

Maybe I can think of something, though.... there has to be something...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 18:17

A binding spell, maybe? Firen suggested.

I don't know them that well.... but I'll try...

I'll order the others to help you.
    Enochian
    Enochian
    I Have Sinned
    I Have Sinned

Post by Enochian Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:08

Sebastian ran as fast as he could. He couldn't understand. His father told him he would win the war and they clearly weren't wining now. He kept running faster and faster but it was too tiring with his armour on. If the thing attacked him, no armour would save him anyway. He made a snap decision, he pulled his arm and leg braces off as fast as he could. He then ripped off his breastplate. That was better he could faster now. How had he failed so much? He was running from his life and Oherin was still standing tall. He needed to turn this situation around, but how?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 5:53